Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for gibreel > Reviews

Browse

gibreel's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

gibreel RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable weight-lifting Bench
Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable weight-lifting Bench
Offered by Ironmaster LLC
Price: $318.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but the best dumbbell bench on the market, August 31, 2009
I purchased 3 benches over the course of a few months, returned 2 of them and am very happy with my final purchase. I'm reviewing all 3 of the benches because it was an educational experience and I hope other people don't have to make the same mistakes I did.

As background, I have a small apartment in NYC and wanted a bench to use with dumbbells because I was quitting my gym membership. I wasn't trying to get a full workout machine because while that might be optimal, I don't have enough space for something like that. So the goal was a sturdy, as-small-as-possible bench that would lie flat, but also do incline, decline, and 90 degrees.

I initially went with the Cory Everson FID Weight Bench. I purchased this bench because it can fold up, lean against a wall and save space. Its main selling point to me was that it seemed similar to the Danskin Space Saver Bench that I had purchased a few years ago (and later sold on Craigslist when I joined a gym). I loved the Danskin bench because even though it's seemingly made for women, it was sturdy enough for my 170 pounds and 5'9" frame but folded up neatly. It was also just $119. I would have gladly purchased another one except it was no longer available. I'm not sure why Danskin no longer makes this great bench, but oh well. Anyway, the problem with the Cory Everson is that it is NOT sturdy. It was wobbly and felt like it might break at any moment. Therefore, I returned it to Amazon. I wouldn't recommend this bench to anyone, any gender, no matter how much you weigh.

Next, I went with the Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Bench Series 3.1. While it seems like this bench would be able to fold up and lean against a wall, I was surprised that it was so BIG. It was very sturdy, but it just wasn't small enough to lean up against a wall and keep a low profile. The seat is also too wide and it makes doing a simple bench press awkward. I should have known that it was going to be big because the dimensions are clearly specified, but I didn't "internalize" the dimensions until I saw the bench fully assembled. Anyway, I also returned this bench. I wouldn't recommend unless you don't care about the wide seat and you have sufficient space.

The last bench that I bought was the Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable weight-lifting Bench. It still doesn't beat the Danskin in terms of space-saving abilities, but it's solidly built (extremely so), smaller than the Bowflex (smaller footprint), and comes with a number of attachments to do dips, pull/chin-ups, sit-ups, etc. It's relatively expensive with the attachments that I added, but I couldn't ask for much more. My only complaint is that the height of the bench is higher than benches I've used at various gyms and so my feet don't reach the floor when doing bench press. Also, the seat is awkward when doing incline because it's square, it doesn't remain parallel to the floor (it's always at a 90 degree angle to the bench) and you can't straddle it as easily as other bench seats. But that being said, if you're looking for a dumbbell bench that's relatively small but sturdy, this is the bench for you. I'm very happy with this purchase.

Incidentally, I also purchased the Ironmaster 75 lb Quick Lock Adjustable Dumbbell System and it's the best dumbbell system out there. It's way better than the Bowflex and PowerBlock dumbbell systems. Without going to a store and putting all 3 dumbbells in your hand, you might not be convinced, but I called up Ironmaster and found a local store in my area and took a look in person. The main thing is that the Ironmaster do NOT rattle around at all (like the Bowflex) and the Ironmaster do not constrain the movement of your hand (like the PowerBlock) because they're essentially a "regular" dumbbell except that you can change the weight plates.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2011 1:33 AM PDT

Bowflex 3.1 Adjustable Bench
Bowflex 3.1 Adjustable Bench
Price: $134.99
24 used & new from $134.75

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not as good as the Ironmaster bench, August 31, 2009

If you have further questions, leave me a comment and I'll get back to you.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2014 8:05 AM PDT

Cory Everson FID Weight Bench
Cory Everson FID Weight Bench

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst bench of the 3 that I purchased, August 31, 2009

If you have further questions, leave me a comment and I'll get back to you.

Macromedia Studio MX 2004 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
by Damon A. Dean
35 used & new from $0.55

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough information, November 11, 2004
You would be better off buying a book about a specific Macromedia application rather than trying to save money with this "all-in-one". There is simply not enough information in order to explain the concepts well enough. This book explains something once and then goes on to the next topic. I would compare it more to the Help section than a tutorial.

Instead, I would recommend the SAMS Teach yourself Flash in 24 hours - it is more comprehensive and easier to follow. If you think you are getting a steal with all 7 books for the price of one, don't buy this book.