Profile for Grad Student 25 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Grad Student 25 RSS Feed (Bloomington, IN, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
L.A. Colors Extreme Shine Gel Nail Polish (CNP705 Vampy)
L.A. Colors Extreme Shine Gel Nail Polish (CNP705 Vampy)
Offered by bluesky05
Price: $5.78
10 used & new from $0.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality (not so cheap price), odd brush, May 24, 2015
Hate it. First off, the brush is so short it's hard to use. But worse than that, the brush is too wide and you can't paint accurately. Not worth the trouble.

essie Nail Color, Cashmere Mattes, Spun in Luxe
essie Nail Color, Cashmere Mattes, Spun in Luxe
Price: $8.50

2.0 out of 5 stars nice on the screen and in the bottle - not so nice on your nails!, May 24, 2015
This is the weirdest nail polish I've ever bought. As a disclaimer, I didn't quite realize what the "cashmere matte" meant - I saw the glittery blue color and thought that's what I was getting. I used the Essie base coat as instructed, and then put on the Spun in Luxe polish. It has a very thick formula, and yet it dried nearly instantly! And much to my surprise, it wasn't shiny - it was a matte finish. Well, that is my fault for not reading and thinking it through. If I had to say one good thing, it's that it dries instantly. It took 3 coats to make a full-coverage finish. And when I finished it off with the no-chips top-coat, voila, it turned shiny! However, even with the no-chips top-coat, it started coming off within about 3-4 days. I can usually get 6-8 days with other essie styles, so this is disappointing. However, if you want a quick-drying blue/black matte polish, this product might be for you.

Bingo Cats
Bingo Cats
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars cute but connection problems, August 10, 2014
This review is from: Bingo Cats (App)
When it works, this is a cute variation of bingo with a cat theme - and who doesn't love cats? There are enough positive reviews for you to get the idea, but I've had a huge problem with "connection lost" issues, leading to the loss of my bingo chips without getting to play the game. :( Sometimes, it will reconnect and credit the chips, but most of the time, this doesn't happen and they are lost. I hope the developer fixes this soon!

Richards Homewares 3 Shelf Sweater Organizer - Canvas/Natural - Set Of 2
Richards Homewares 3 Shelf Sweater Organizer - Canvas/Natural - Set Of 2

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing completely wrong!!, July 15, 2014
Seems nice, but sizing is way off! Note that the size is given in the title/description of the item - should be straightforward, right? Well, I bought these because I was looking to fill a tight space in my closet, but organize some smaller items. I specifically picked out this set because the description said 10"H - which to me implies that is the HEIGHT of the item (i.e., the vertical distance). Clearly someone got this backwards, they are at least 24" tall, and I believe the stated 24" depth is actually 10". As a result, I haven't gotten to use these, because they don't fit where I wanted them to be.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2014 4:09 PM PDT

Lund 383083-B Catch-It Vinyl Black Rear Seat Floor Mat
Lund 383083-B Catch-It Vinyl Black Rear Seat Floor Mat
Price: $57.87
6 used & new from $57.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fit for my 2004 CR-V, March 20, 2014
I'm always skeptical about ordering things online that are supposed to be a perfect fit - what if they don't fit? In this case, it would be really expensive to return it! But, I am sooo happy that I bought this. I had looked at the other brand (weathertech), but for the 2002-2006 CR-V, they don't make full-coverage front or rear liners, only the thinner weatherproof ones (which don't cover the edges). I went with this instead, and I'm very happy that I did. It is a perfect, tight fit, very thick material, and has teeth on the reverse side to help it grip the carpet it is covering. Not sure what else to say about this, it's a floor-liner! But so far, so good.

Olympus CS-38B Leather Body Jacket (Black)
Olympus CS-38B Leather Body Jacket (Black)
Price: $36.61
5 used & new from $33.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really made for E-PM2??? Pictures worth 1,000 words., March 12, 2014
I bought this from a third-party seller here on Amazon. The shipment arrived in record time and that was great. However, I really do not think this "jacket" is made for the E-PM2 (in case anyone is wondering, yes, this is the camera I own because it says so on the top of the camera!). The front of the jacket looks great, very professional and sort-of retro. But the back is a huge disappointment and I really wish I hadn't bought this item. See that bump on the back-left side of the Amazon stock photo? My camera has no corresponding bump, so it makes it stick out awkwardly - but not enough that it's supposed to be a grip or anything because it's way too small. On the bottom of the camera, the jacket also doesn't cover the full depth of the camera, so it looks bad and also doesn't protect your camera fully while also making it front-heavy so that the camera falls foward. Please see my uploaded photos to see how badly this fits my E-PM2 camera! I wish I could return it. Maybe if you have the other model this is supposedly made for (the E-PL5), it could work better????
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 11:17 AM PDT

Snugg™ Surface Pro 1 & 2 Case - Leather Sleeve with Lifetime Guarantee (Black) for Microsoft Surface 1 & 2, RT & Pro
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too "snugg" - wish I liked it more, February 25, 2014
I bought this for my Surface Pro (1st gen). The case is advertised as being for any of the 4 models currently available - RT or pro, generation 1 or 2. I have heard that the RT is a little smaller, so this case might be a better fit for that version. When I am using this case for my Surface Pro with my type cover attached, it is an incredibly tight fit. As in, I'm afraid I'm going to damage something, stuffing the tablet into the case or pulling it back out again. Part of the problem is the felt/microfiber lining inside the case. Great for protecting your tablet, but since the type cover also is fuzzy on the outside, it is like flannel PJs inside of flannel sheets. I would recommend this case for the tablet only, or possibly better for the RT version. Hope this helps! I ordered another case that fits better, but it's too difficult to make returns/pay shipping.

Silicone Skin Case for Portable Western Digital Passport WD Portable Carrying Case for all Passport - My Passport Essential - WD Elements fits all sizes 80GB 160G 250GB 320GB with Clip - (Hard Drive NOT included)
Offered by PC Micro Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit either of my hard drives, September 10, 2013
The title of this item is Silicon Skin for WD My Passport, all sizes. But, it doesn't fit either one of my hard drives, it is too long for both of mine. I have the My Passport Essential SE (1 TB in black) and one of the newer My Passport models (2 TB in blue). So, the "all sizes" definitely is not for the newer/larger kinds, even though they are also called My Passport. The width of the case is fine, but it is at least 1 cm too long. So, if you have one of these models, don't buy this skin! The hard cases (which for some reason are grouped with this same item), are probably fine because they have wiggle-room.

MORTON Ultrathin Sleek Macbook Hard Case for 13 inches Macbook Air--blue with keyboard cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing case for the price!, August 16, 2013
I took a chance on this item after searching for a blue cover/case for my 2013 MacBook Air. I loved the teal color and for the total price of $2.99, I felt like it was a low-risk investment. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived in about a week, was well-packaged (I have ordered pricer cases that were cracked on arrival and had to be returned!), and fits my laptop 98% perfectly. I love the bright teal color in person, the Apple shines through nicely on the back, and the bottom is well-vented with sturdy rubber feet. The keyboard cover is a slightly darker color (and is opaque, not transparent), but fits the keyboard better than two other ones I have tried and is clear over the green caps lock LED which is a really nice touch. The case clipped onto the laptop easily and is also fairly easy to remove. It has a very smooth texture, not rubberized like some other cases, which may be the only feature I would wish for...but I'm not sure you could have transparency plus rubberized on a single case. My only very minor gripe is that it was clearly designed for earlier than the 2013 model, which seems to be true with most cases. I like that the sides of the bottom shell really cover a lot of the computer; however, on the left side of the computer, this means that it covers the two microphone holes that the 2013 MacBook Air has (I'll try to post a picture of this). However, for anybody with the 2010-2012 models, this won't be a concern, and for me I don't plan to use it for chatting (or would use it with a headset). Overall, for the price at the time of my purchase, I cannot give this case any less than 5 stars for the value and features!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Theo&Cleo Silicone Anti-Dust Cover Plug Stopper for MacBook Pro Air Laptop Notebook Blue
Offered by Theo&Cleo
Price: $3.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, August 2, 2013
This set is described as being for the Macbook Pro or Macbook Air. Clearly there are more stoppers than you need for an Air (at least the current version). Having extra is okay, although the only one that would actually fit is the headphone one. Anyway, I found that I could only get about half of them into the computer. The USB and charging port plugs are too big and don't fit fully into the machine. They may fit a different model (I have the Apple MacBook Air MD760LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION)). I might continue my search and see if I can find another brand of plugs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4