Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 181

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "americanpride" RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Adventures in Python
Adventures in Python
by Craig Richardson
Price: $14.84
58 used & new from $13.22

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great learning resource for teenagers, March 17, 2015
This review is from: Adventures in Python (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a 12 year old that only used his Raspberry Pi for Minecraft. It has several "adventures" that are presented well and kept my 12 year old's attention. This is a great learning resource for teenagers.

The only negatives are
1) Uses Python 2
2) Requires PyGame (free)

These are not deal breakers, but they take a star away for me.

I would definitely recommend this book to young future programmers

Adventures in Raspberry Pi
Adventures in Raspberry Pi
by Carrie Anne Philbin
Price: $22.49
47 used & new from $13.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a 12 year old that only used his Raspberry Pi for Minecraft. I could not get him to try something new and different. This book is NOT setup like a dry text book. It has several "adventures" that are presented well and kept my 12 year old's attention. He finally tried something different and found that there is more power to control his Pi than he realized (<cough>...I tried to tell him that).

There are adventures in programming, games, audio, and electronics. It is organized very nicely and kid-friendly

Unity 3D UI Essentials
Unity 3D UI Essentials
Price: $16.54

2.0 out of 5 stars 50% Superfluous Text Takes Away From The Content, February 23, 2015
I was looking for a nicely organized and to the point book about the new Unity UI. Unfortunately, this 282 page book should have been 140 pages or less. There nuggets of information that I am glad I ran across, but hopefully my highlights will be enough because I cannot bear to read another chapter looking for said nugget.

I cannot recommend this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2015 3:13 AM PST

SABRE Door and Window Alarms - 2 Pack
SABRE Door and Window Alarms - 2 Pack
Offered by SABRE - Security Equipment Corporation
Price: $19.99
7 used & new from $12.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for alerting that toddlers are attempting to escape, February 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is louder than the average smoke alarm. It was very easy to install and works as advertised. If an intruder did come in it would alert you, but putting them on every window and door is not practical in my case. Our primary use is to ensure our curious toddlers do not go outside without us and the chime works perfect for that.

Black & Decker PB1002N Fusion Blade Personal Blender, Black.Blue
Black & Decker PB1002N Fusion Blade Personal Blender, Black.Blue
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $29.74

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect tool for a daily smoothie eater!, February 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used a TriBest personal blender daily for the last 10 years. I love it and was hesitant but excited to try a competitor. I am happy to say that this blender was excellent and equally good at preparing my morning smoothies. My morning staple involves blending milk, peanut butter, frozen fruit (banana or strawberry), chocolate powder mix, and flax or chia seeds. I occasionally add ice if the fruit is not frozen. In approximately 10 seconds, my smoothie was perfectly blended. I thought the large size of the cup would be annoying but it's actually not bad at all. I can even double the recipe and make a smoothie for myself and another family member at the same time. I put the cups, lids, and blades in the dishwasher and they have been fine. Highly recommended personal blender!

Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router with Gigabit and USB, Designed for Device-Heavy Homes, Smart Wi-Fi App Enabled to Control Your Network from Anywhere (EA9200-4A)
Price: $208.95
78 used & new from $170.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this router, January 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall, I like this router. I get better coverage than I did with my E3000 (which I turned into a repeater).

I like the web interface...simple and gets the job done.

The main issue I have is....due to the placement of the network, internet, and power connections and because it has a permanent stand, you cannot lay this router flat. It is a bit of an eyesore standing up underneath my television.

Would I pay 300 bucks for it? No.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2015 8:04 PM PST

Zyliss Classic Cheese Grater
Zyliss Classic Cheese Grater
Price: $16.22
5 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars No more cut fingers, January 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice kitchen tool to have around. It grates the cheese easily and protects your fingers. It worked very well and was quicker than using the traditional graders. My only complaint is the size- it is rather small and requires the cheese to be cut in fairly small pieces. Still, I'd say it's faster and safer than most. I recommend it!

3-IN-ONE 120018 Fast-Acting Penetrant Drip Oil, 4 oz.
3-IN-ONE 120018 Fast-Acting Penetrant Drip Oil, 4 oz.
Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $8.20
8 used & new from $3.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but as others said it's a bit messier ..., January 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Works great, but as others said it's a bit messier than WD-40. I prefer WD-40 because of the spray "straw" nozzle. I find that faster to work with vs the squeeze "drip" method on bicycle chains and such.

Tacwise Z1-140 Heavy Duty Hand Tacker/Staple Gun for 5/32, 3/16, 1/4 and 5/16 Inches Long Staples, Silver/Orange (TAC0854)
Price: $24.33
3 used & new from $24.33

5.0 out of 5 stars does what its supposed to, January 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very pleased with this stapler. Used it in my shed and penetrates 2x4s perfectly every time and with ease.

Mead Letters and Numbers Dry Erase Boards, 12-5/8 x 11-3/4-Inches (54216)
Mead Letters and Numbers Dry Erase Boards, 12-5/8 x 11-3/4-Inches (54216)
Price: $14.06
8 used & new from $8.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Both my 5 y/o and my 7 y/o love this. It is inexpensive, November 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Both my 5 y/o and my 7 y/o love this. It is inexpensive, educational, fun, reusable. Don't all kids love writing with dry erase markers? They use it when playing school. We also let our 5 y/o use it when his older siblings are doing their homework. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19