Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Vegan Girl > Reviews

Browse

Vegan Girl's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vegan Girl RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Source One 8.5 x 11-Inches Slant Back Acrylic Sign Holder Ad Frame, Clear, Pack of 3 (8511CSH)
Offered by sourceoneorg
Price: $16.65
3 used & new from $16.65

2.0 out of 5 stars incorrect size, March 19, 2016
only two of them were 8.5x11 inches. One of them was much smaller and does not fit a standard size paper.

Game of Thrones: The Noble Houses of Westeros: Seasons 1-5
Game of Thrones: The Noble Houses of Westeros: Seasons 1-5
by Running Press
Price: $10.73
78 used & new from $5.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Pictures are too dark, December 13, 2015
I had to return this. The cover is gorgeous but the paper inside feels cheap and the images are too dark.

Pfaltzgraff Winterberry Spreaders (Set of 4)
Pfaltzgraff Winterberry Spreaders (Set of 4)
Offered by Shopcents
Price: $13.47
16 used & new from $12.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing the soldier, December 13, 2015
I was sent two Santas, a snowman, and a stocking-- unfortunately no soldier as advertised. I think they're cute, but the stocking had dried glue around the part where the knife meets the stocking so it looks like it was poorly manufactured. I guess it's ok for the price, but I think there should be a disclaimer that you may not get four different spreaders.

The Bell Jar
The Bell Jar
by Sylvia Plath
Price: $10.71
145 used & new from $2.91

4.0 out of 5 stars engaging, April 11, 2012
This review is from: The Bell Jar (Paperback)
I can't believe it took me so long to read this book. I was thoroughly engrossed by the character's battle with depression, her increasing apathy towards life, and her keen observations about the world around her.

The Road (Vintage International)
The Road (Vintage International)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars disturbingly beautiful, April 10, 2012
this dark, harrowing, and beautifully written account about the post-apocalyptic world will haunt you for days. The setting is so well-described that it becomes another character. The relationship between the young boy and his father is touching and realistic. Both of the characters' perseverance is a testament to the will to survive, even in the bleakest of conditions. The ending was perfect and shouldn't have happened any other way.

Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow
Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow
by Elizabeth Lesser
Price: $11.94
412 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars We're all Bozos on the Bus!, April 9, 2012
This was a decent read. Though I wouldn't read it again, I did walk away with some new insights. I was hesitant to read this because I wondered what the author, who is the co-owner of The Omega Institute and is good friends with Oprah, would really have to say about being "broken open." And quite predictably, the worst of her problems is that she got tired of her husband. I commend her for having the strength to question the status quo and to break free from someone who simply was no longer serving her needs or making her happy. I think too many people stay in relationships that make them miserable and rob them of life, just because that's what you're "supposed" to do.

I don't believe in psychics or people with mystical powers, so the opening chapter just wasn't convincing for me, and I thought she lost some credibility for adding that in the story. I thought the book was longer than necessary- I think it could have done without the constant anecdotes about her personal life and family stories. Maybe a handful of those would have been enough. Towards the end of the book, I started skimming a little bit just to finish. I began to lose interest as I felt her main points had been made earlier on.

I really enjoyed her chapter "Bozos on the Bus," and I watched her read that at the Omega Institute. If you ever meet her in person, she is really laid back and approachable. I also appreciated her discussions about preparing for death.

Overall, I wouldn't necessarily consider this an "easy read." It's definitely something that takes focus and concentration. But if you're looking to read about one woman's struggle to leave an unhappy marriage and start a new life, while gleaning some spiritual insights and learning a little bit about her family, this is the book for you.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
by Mark Haddon
Price: $8.89
1674 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Too simplistic, April 9, 2012
I read this book because Amazon recommended it since I was a big fan of "The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao." This book is nothing like Oscar Wao. The writing is so simplistic it drove me crazy. I understand it was written from the perspective of someone with Aspberger's, but it was frustrating nonetheless. I just don't feel like there was any real point to this story. I didn't walk away with any new insights or relevant thoughts. It was a really easy read, but overall, a waste of my time.

One Day (Movie Tie-in Edition) (Vintage Contemporaries)
One Day (Movie Tie-in Edition) (Vintage Contemporaries)
by David Nicholls
Price: $11.75
448 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars great summer beach read, April 9, 2012
This is a love story that examines the relationship of two lovers over a lifetime. At times the characters are frustrating, and other times, endearing and easy to relate to. The writing is superb and the plot is engaging. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down.

It's not a novel I'd read again, and I felt like it dragged on a bit towards the middle/end. But overall, this is the perfect summer beach read- does not require a lot of thinking, and really draws you in.

Breaking Up with God: A Love Story
Breaking Up with God: A Love Story
by Sarah Sentilles
Price: $19.42
96 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars great memoir, April 9, 2012
I was going through a period of gradually releasing the grip that my Christian upbringing had on me when this book jumped out at me from the shelves of a book store one day. Perfect timing. I could identify with the writer's struggles and appreciated the metaphor of a break-up to describe leaving a relationship with God. I related to the author's resistance to abandon her faith--it's tough! Overall, it was a good book that came to me at just the right time, and it was an easy read.

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
by Susan Cain
Price: $14.50
238 used & new from $2.79

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing, April 8, 2012
As an introvert who checked off every single box on her questionnaire in one of the earlier chapters, I enjoyed reading this book. This book actually reassured me, showing me the biological connection to my social awkwardness. I'm not a misanthropist, I am just highly sensitive to human emotions and actions, making it difficult for me to regularly interact with others. I feel overwhelmed in the presence of others, feel drained and tired after social events, and shut down when I'm forced to work with others. I just wish all my graduate school instructors would read this book so they understand why I cringe when they put us in groups! I am a teacher myself, and this book gave me a new-found appreciation for students who produce better results and are generally more successful when working alone. Overall, it made me question the push towards open-office plans and cooperative learning, and she does a good job of explaining the rise towards the "extrovert ideal," in spite of the many geniuses in history who have been introverts (think Gandhi).

Intriguing and compelling, even if it did drag on a little towards the end.

Page: 1 | 2