Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for J > Reviews

Browse

J's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J RSS Feed

VIVA Travel Guide Quito, Ecuador (Viva Travel Guides)
VIVA Travel Guide Quito, Ecuador (Viva Travel Guides)
by Paula Newton
Price: $22.99
23 used & new from $11.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Uneven, October 26, 2011
I got this for a two-week trip to Quito because it is the only guidebook I could find that was specific to Quito. This was the only guidebook I had during that time, and while it served me well I always felt I was missing out on things because of its lack of organization. While it has information about more hotels, sites, and restaurants in Quito than the other general Ecuador guidebooks do, I did not find it to always be reliable despite the authors' claim to be the most up-to-date guidebook. Restaurant listings seemed to be particularly weak. The maps in the book are also not up to the quality of most other guidebooks. I understand that the Viva guides are somewhat new, so I hope they benefit from more editing in future editions.

Ashland, Oregon Video Documentary - Destination Ashland, Oregon Movie - Explore A Unique Oregon Town
DVD ~ Adam Kelly
Price: $14.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a rough draft, October 26, 2011
I really wanted to like this, but there are just too many faults. The video looks very much like something someone would make as a high school project. The script has some jarring grammatical errors and the narration doesn't match up with the scenes much of the time (e.g. talking about wildlife while showing video of cows). Plus, the same shots are shown over and over (deer, ducks, etc.). All that being said, if you want a video about Ashland this is the one to get since I don't think there are any others. It's a beautiful town that needs a professional video that does it justice.