Profile for Esaito > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Esaito RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NETGEAR ProSAFE FS105 5-Port Fast Ethernet Desktop Switch
NETGEAR ProSAFE FS105 5-Port Fast Ethernet Desktop Switch
Price: $21.99
63 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly reliable, cheap and great quality, January 31, 2010
I use this small switch to share the single Ethernet port on my living room to all TV stand devices. I left it always on for the last 6 months and it never gave any problem or had to be reset. Highly recommended.

With the rebate, it turns to be one of the cheapest small switch available, but still it looks great quality.

Logitech Harmony RF Wireless Extender (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Logitech Harmony RF Wireless Extender (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
19 used & new from $43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Improves the reliability of your Harmony remote, January 31, 2010
This is my third Harmony remote (model 890), and previously I wasn't using the RF Extender.

When you buy the Harmony 890, one RF Extender like this one is already included in the box.

I felt that the RF Extender increases the reliability of the Harmony remote. Previously I found myself using more frequently the Harmony "Help" button to re-send signals that were not picked by the devices. With the RF Extender, the infrared emitter is glued right into each device signal receptor, so there's no way it doesn't detect the signal.

I highly recommend using the RF Extender if you found yourself using too frequently the Help button to resend signals to your devices.

Logitech Harmony Adapter for PlayStation 3 (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Logitech Harmony Adapter for PlayStation 3 (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by SpddyS LLC
Price: $23.99
38 used & new from $11.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Your PS3 will work better than any blu-ray player, January 31, 2010
If you like Harmony remotes and use your Playstation 3 as a Blu-ray player, this Harmony adapter will make your PS3 work like the best Blu-ray player in the market.

PS3 is faster than any other Blu-ray player, but it's a nuisance to use the PS3 game controller as a remote. You may buy the bluetooth remote, but it cannot be programmed to be used with an universal remote, like the Harmony.

There are also infrared cheaper adapters for PS3, I tried them, but they cannot turn-on and turn-off the PS3. So your only solution for a true universal, complete with turn-on/turn-off, remote for PS3 is using this adapter. It fails sometimes to turn-off the PS3 (I'd say about 10% of the times), but still it works well enough, so I recommend it.

I use it with the Harmony 890 and the RF Wireless Extender (which is included with the Harmony 890), and I've connected physically the RF Wireless Extender to this PS3 adapter using a mono 2.5mm to 3.5mm male/male cable - it's not necessary, but I believe it improved a little bit the reliability.

Stanley Bostitch QuietSharp Executive Electric Pencil Sharpener (EPS8HD-BLK)
Stanley Bostitch QuietSharp Executive Electric Pencil Sharpener (EPS8HD-BLK)
Offered by 975 Supply
Price: $27.26
12 used & new from $20.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well - avoid battery powered sharpeners, January 31, 2010
I originally bought a small, battery-powered Panasonic sharpener, which broke just after a few days. I believe the batteries don't provide enough power so the sharpener needs to rely on delicate gears. After the Panasonic broke, I bought this Stanley model as replacement. It needs to be plugged, but it's working well after 5 months so far, with daily usage. Recommended.

Alpine Innovations Spudz Microfiber Cloth in Black Pouch, 6X6
Alpine Innovations Spudz Microfiber Cloth in Black Pouch, 6X6
Price: $5.69
2 used & new from $3.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical, cleans well, January 31, 2010
I recommend this product. I always keep it inside my camera bag, so I can quickly clean my camera lens when necessary. The size is just right.

Eye-Fi 4 GB Explore Video SDHC Wireless Flash Memory Card EYE-FI-4EV
Eye-Fi 4 GB Explore Video SDHC Wireless Flash Memory Card EYE-FI-4EV
Offered by lakeplacegames
Price: $94.99
8 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great geotagging. Check also new X2 Pro model., January 10, 2010
I've bought the Eye-fi for 2 reasons: geotagging and wifi upload to my computer.

Geotagging: Eye-fi uses technology from a company called Skyhook Wireless to do the geotagging. Skyhook basically maps all wifi routers position using GPS, and Eye-fi detects which wifi routers you're close too and translate that to a GPS location using Skyhook database. You can check Skyhook coverage on their website, but it covers well most of USA metro areas. It works well only urban areas. About half of the pictures have very precise geotagging, while the rest are up to 50 meters off the real position, and about 20% don't get any geotagging, probably because it was taken away of any wifi signal. A few pictures had completely wrong geotagging however. As the pictures with completely wrong location I took close to some cruise ships, I suspect Eye-fi may have detected some wifi signal on-board some ship, as it mapped the picture also closer to sea, but about 2000 miles away from the real location. I've tried using real GPS tagging before using an iPhone application, but while the iPhone GPS was more precise on open areas, it didn't work at all near high buildings, like on a recent trip to New York. Overall I like Eye-fi good geotagging capabilities.

Wifi upload: I'm using it with a 12Mpixel camera, so each photo has about 4Mb in size. Upload is slow (about 10 seconds/picture), but tolerable. If I have less than 20 pictures to upload, I simple leave the camera on near my wifi router and wait for 3-4 minutes, otherwise it's better to take the Eye-fi card off the camera and plug it in the computer or any SD powered-port. Convenient for few photos, not so convenient for hundreds of photos when you return from a trip for instance.

Eye-fi recently released a new version called Pro X2. It main advantages are faster memory (Class 6) and "endless memory", as it is able to erase the picture from the SD card after it is uploaded. The current Eye-fi cards cannot delete the picture automatically, and that's a major drawback.

Pros:

- good geotagging, but not perfect (expect good tagging on more than 50% of your photos)
- wifi, very convenient for few (less than 20) pictures. More than that, you may prefer to connect the SD card to the computer, or you will wait forever

Cons:

- current version don't have "end-less memory", i.e., it doesn't erase picture automatically from card after the upload
- current version is a bit slow transfer... if you take many photos in a row, you may notice some lagging in the camera to write the picture to the SD card

USB/AC for MP3 Players - White
USB/AC for MP3 Players - White
Offered by CommonByte
Price: $7.69
7 used & new from $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware picture doesn't match product, January 10, 2010
I've ordered the USB charger that looks similar to a Macbook charger, however I received something completely different.

You if click on the "More buying choices" panel on the right side, you'll see there's about 17 different merchants selling this product.
A few of them put a different picture resembling a small Macbook charger, but in reality they ship a regular, ugly AC adapter.

So beware if you expect to receive the product as pictures by merchants like Next Web or Ultimate Web Sales.

Other than the form, the product works as advertised. You plug in the wall, and with a USB cable you can charge your iphone or ipod. I also use it to charge my blackberry using a USB to mini-USB adapter.

Pros: works as expected

Cons: design is very ugly - picture of some vendors are wrong

Kodak Easyshare W820 8-Inch Wireless Digital Frame
Kodak Easyshare W820 8-Inch Wireless Digital Frame

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Flickr, January 2, 2010
I bought this frame to automatically show my Flickr pictures. It connected to my wifi network seamlessly and I found it actually doesn't need to install any software on my Mac. The frame has a built-in webserver to configure it. So as soon as it gets connected to your network, you just need to find out which IP address it got, and access it from your browser. From there you can configure Framechannel, Flickr or any RSS.

I found I can use it with Flickr in two ways: allowing it to get images from Flickr directly, or using the Framechannel and you configure Framechannel to connect to Flickr. I prefer to use Framechannel, as Framechannel basically allows you to randomly mix as many RSS feeds as you want. Both methods allow you to view all your pictures in Flickr, including images configured as only you can see. Actually there's a third method: you can get the RSS feed URL from Flickr and configure the RSS on the frame, however this method allows the frame to see only images that are public on your feed.

It seems older firmware of this frame had some bugs, but as soon it connects to your wi-fi network it automatically detects if there's an updated firmware available. You just need to accept its offer to update the firmware.

Pros:
- Framechannel works great, it allows me to show any RSS feed I want, including Flickr
- Direct Flickr integration works well
- Wireless works perfect in my apartment, no signal drop (although its only a few meters apart from the wifi router)
- No need to install any software in your computer, just find the frame IP address and access it from your browser

Cons:
- Resolution of 800x480 is average, I've seen higher resolution frames, but they're much more expensive and don't include wireless update

Thermaltake Mobile Fan II External USB Cooling Fan - Us
Thermaltake Mobile Fan II External USB Cooling Fan - Us
Price: $14.14
29 used & new from $10.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to cool my hot receiver in closed cabinet, January 2, 2010
I use this fan to cool down a Onkyo receiver inside my closed cabinet. I put it in the top of the receiver pushing hot air out of the cabinet, and it works great. I recommend buying a Smart Strip LCG4 Energy Saving Power Strip with Autoswitching Technology so when I turn off the receiver, the fan turns off automatically as well. I also had to buy a USB Wall AC Charger because the fan gets power from a USB source. The fan has a potentiometer, so you can select the fan speed, choosing a level which does not generate much noise and still works effectively.

Pros:
- pot to control fan speed level / noise level
- small, efficient, ideal to cool down audio equipment on closed cabinets

Cons:
- needs USB power (it can be an advantage if you're cooling down an equipment with USB out, like a PS3)

Learn to Play Chess with Fritz and Chesster
Learn to Play Chess with Fritz and Chesster
Offered by gametreasuresnyc
Price: $59.99
19 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great educational product for kids 7-9 y.o., January 2, 2010
I have two kids, 7 and 9 y.o., they both loved the game and played it completely. The game helped them also learn chess in a very fun way. Worked great on Mac with OS X Leopard 10.6.2. I buy a lot of educational software, and this is one of the best I've seen so far, although it aims specifically on chess, it does it very well.

I also recommend the No Stress Chess for kids to learn to play chess.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3