Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for AaronB > Reviews

Browse

AaronB's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AaronB RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
Offered by alwayz-on-sale
Price: $149.99
15 used & new from $42.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Upgrade From My G5, March 27, 2013
I like having the extra button on the side of the mouse (compared to my G5 that only had two buttons on the side). I also like the software which allows me to program the side buttons to actual keyboard keys. The benefit of doing this for me is for older games that don't recognize those side buttons when re-binding keys within the game. With this mouse, I can assign keys such as I O P (which don't get any use on my keyboard for the games I play) to those side buttons and then from within the game, it will now recognize those mouse buttons as I O P and not mouse 4, mouse 5 etc. My only complaint about this mouse is the scroll wheel. Even though it is nice to be able to switch between smooth scrolling and click scrolling, both modes aren't as good as other mice I've used. The smooth scrolling is to loose (for lack of a better word) and the click scrolling isn't firm enough and often times within games, it registers two clicks instead of one. When you are trying to switch between weapons quickly, that can be a problem.

FPS Freek Snipr - 360/PS3
FPS Freek Snipr - 360/PS3
Offered by KontrolFreek
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money, February 11, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I actually picked up three different versions of the FPS Freeks (Ultra / CQC / SNIPR) because I couldn't decide which ones would be the most beneficial for me. For the price I paid, I wasn't overly impressed. I'm not a hardcore Modern Warfare / Battlefield type of player, but I've been playing PC games for 15+ years now and I play games a couple hours every night for fun on average. Everyone knows that a mouse provides much better accuracy for first person shooters, but I do enjoy plugging an XBOX controller into my computer for certain games because it's more comfortable to use for long gaming sessions and it provides much quicker/easier access to more buttons as opposed to using a keyboard. I was really hoping one of these FPS Freeks would have a noticeable improvement with my aiming when using my XBOX controller, but so far, that is not the case. I like the CQC ones the best mainly because they provide better grip (in my opinion) than the standard XBOX controller thumb pads and aren't as tall as the Ultra or SNIPR ones. The Ultra ones were okay (no pros or cons for me), but my least favorite were definitely the SNIPR ones - my thumbs kept slipping off of them. Overall, I'm glad I purchased the CQC FPS Freeks, but I'm not happy I paid as much as I did for the other ones because I really don't see myself using them again. The quality of these products are nice and I have not had an issue with them popping off my XBOX controller (yet).

FPS Freek CQC - 360/PS3

Price: $22.99
3 used & new from $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Idea, February 11, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: KontrolFreek FPS Ultra (Accessory)

Duke Nukem Forever - The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
Duke Nukem Forever - The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like DNF, you'll like this DLC, February 7, 2012
As a 30+ year old gamer, I am a long time fan of Duke Nukem 3D and played a ton of it when it first came out. I picked up Duke Nukem Forever for under $10 and I had a great time with it. Once this DLC finally dropped to under $5 on Steam a while back, I picked it up immediately. I just finished playing it and I liked it a lot. It provides a few solid hours of new content / story and stays true to what made Duke Nukem Forever enjoyable. If you are a fan of Duke Nukem Forever (I know we are the minority, but that's okay), there is no reason you won't like 'The Doctor Who Cloned Me'.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 11:12 PM PDT

Duke Nukem Forever [Download]
Duke Nukem Forever [Download]
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For True Duke Nukem Fans Only, January 14, 2012
I can only comment on my experience with the game, but I really enjoyed it. As an old-school Duke Nukem 3D fan for many years now, I think Duke Nukem Forever is a good game and lived up to my expectations. I did pay less than $10 for the game and that may have something to do with my high rating, but overall, I am pleased that I purchased this game and will pick up the DLC for it as well (once it comes down in price a little). I do wish the game didn't have a checkpoint system and allowed me to save at any time, but the checkpoints are frequent enough that I didn't really mind repeating short sections over again when I died. The boss battles can be a little frustrating at times, but not any more than other games I've played. Even though the game could be longer (I still put more hours into the single player campaign of DNF than any Modern Warfare title), it's fast paced, has unique levels, and provides variety to the gameplay by giving you a chance to do other things instead of just constant, repetitive shooting (the monster truck sequences and the levels where you are shrunk come to mind). If you are (were) a fan of Duke Nukem 3D and enjoyed all the little things that made that game special, you won't be disappointed with this one.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, January 2, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I am very impressed with these headphones. I primarily use them for PC gaming, but I also like to listen to music on the computer and these work great for that as well. They are very comfortable for long gaming sessions and pretty light weight compared to other headphones I have tried. The volume / mic control box might be helpful for some I suppose, but I never change the settings so it kind of gets in the way sometimes when I'm taking the headphones on and off. I haven't tried the mic out yet, so I can't comment on how good it sounds. I am happy with this purchase and would recommend them to other PC gamers out there.

Kicker HP541 DJ-Style Over the Ear Headphones (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective ~ Uncomfortable, December 30, 2011
I purchased these headphones after reading the many positive reviews on Amazon and thinking they were a great price. I also liked the fact that these headphones have a removable audio cable so you can use a shorter or longer cable if needed. Unfortunately when these headphones arrived and I went to use them for the first time, I noticed some issues right away. The biggest problem is that the left ear piece had no bass coming out of it whatsoever. I tried a couple different audio cables, but it didn't help. I also realized that these headphones are very uncomfortable even after only having them on my head for a short time. They are very tight against my head (I don't have a very large head), the cups barely were large enough to put my ears in (I don't have very large ears), and they were very heavy feeling. I disliked them so much I ended out requesting a refund instead of a replacement. I would suggest avoiding these headphones.

Fallout New Vegas: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
Fallout New Vegas: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
by David S. J. Hodgson
70 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking Forward To Playing New Vegas Again, September 24, 2011
I've played through Fallout New Vegas twice - both times I was unable to complete the game (the first time I really struggled creating a decent character and ended out getting frustrated with it and the second time I experienced a huge software glitch halfway through that made me uninstall the whole thing). Since then, there have been a couple updates released that have hopefully resolved some of the initial game quirks / bugs. I am looking forward to replaying this game and actually finishing it through to completion, but I really felt like I could use some expert advice this time around. Even though this particular strategy guide isn't as big as the one for Fallout 3, it is packed with great info. The things that are going to help me the most are tips on creating different types of characters and the maps of the different areas. I am definitely glad I got this strategy guide and would recommend it to anyone looking to get the most out of New Vegas.

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition- Prima Official Game Guide
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition- Prima Official Game Guide
by David S. J. Hodgson
24 used & new from $19.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything You'll Need To Survive The Wasteland, September 24, 2011
This strategy guide is HUGE! I've played through Fallout 3 five times so far, but yet I still feel like there are things I'm missing / places I haven't visited yet / quests I haven't discovered yet. This strategy guide covers it all and includes very detailed maps - which is extremely handy for the DC Metro tunnels! Can't wait to fire up this game again and use my new knowledge to get even more enjoyment out of it.

Page: 1 | 2