Profile for Tim B. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 97

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tim B. RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Frozen [Blu-ray]
Frozen [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Price: $24.99
62 used & new from $20.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern classic., November 11, 2014
This review is from: Frozen [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
An absolutely delightful animated film that pretty much anyone should be able to enjoy, be they boys or girls, women or men. There's not much to say about this movie that hasn't already been said-- it's got lovable characters, dazzling visuals, and incredibly catchy musical numbers. It makes for a great holiday movie, but I am certainly not going to do myself the disservice of waiting until Christmas to watch it again, because it's a great film at any time of year.

Samsung micro SDXC UHS-1 Card PRO 64GB Class 10 for Galaxy Note 2 II
Samsung micro SDXC UHS-1 Card PRO 64GB Class 10 for Galaxy Note 2 II
Offered by SEBASTIAN2000
Price: $33.00
19 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Do not use a 64GB card with a Samsung Galaxy S4., November 11, 2014
I bought this to use in my Samsung Galaxy S4. At first things looked good, but soon I found that the phone would frequently act as if there was no card installed, and it even erased the data on the card a few times. I ended up putting a 32GB card in my S4, and now I keep the 64GB card in my Galaxy Note 10.1 where it seems to not have any problems. I feel a little bad taking a star off since it's technically the phone's fault and not the card, but it wasn't able to do what I bought it for, and since both the card and phone are made by Samsung there should not be compatibility problems like this.

5 Pcs Black Plastic CR2032 Cell Button Lithium Battery Sockets Holder
5 Pcs Black Plastic CR2032 Cell Button Lithium Battery Sockets Holder
Offered by uxcell
Price: $2.86
2 used & new from $2.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for refurbishing a Sega Dreamcast, November 11, 2014
I used these to replace my Dreamcast's CMOS battery, and since it was a 5 pack I ended up fixing another Dreamcast that I found too. If you are interested in these for that purpose, they do exactly what I would want. They are quite easy to install, assuming you are able to desolder the old battery holder without too much trouble. The feet line up perfectly with the holes on the Dreamcast's PCB, so installation was very straightforward.

Godzilla: Limited Edition MetalPak (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Godzilla: Limited Edition MetalPak (Blu-Ray + DVD)
DVD ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Price: $29.99
13 used & new from $21.69

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an American Godzilla movie done right., November 11, 2014
I have been a huge Godzilla fan since I was just a kid. I made it one of my life's ambitions to see every one of the movies, and I watched Godzilla vs. Megalon so many times that the tape wore out and I had to get a new one. When the 1998 re-imagining from Roland Emmerich came out, my kid-self was quite entertained with it initially as an action film, but as the years rolled on I quickly came to realize that it was not a real Godzilla movie, and it did not stand the test of time at all.

Fortunately, the new reboot of Godzilla from Gareth Edwards is a proper Godzilla through and through. This is the return of the true Godzilla, who I spent a good sized chunk of my childhood obsessing over. There's been some criticism that this film supposedly did not have enough Godzilla in it, but my counterargument is that the film is paced just like the classic Toho films. In the old films, Godzilla usually showed up about half-way through, and most of the films would be shown from the perspective of human characters-- in a 90 minute Godzilla film, you'd typically only have a few minutes of Godzilla himself, but that is part of what made his character seem so much larger than life.

I gotta say, seeing Godzilla in all his glory again for that first moment, and hearing the booming, updated version of his iconic roar brought a tear to my eye. Godzilla was one of my childhood heroes, and with the new visual effects making him look more real than ever, the experience was almost like seeing Superman or even Jesus in a movie for the first time. If for nothing else, I have to give this movie 5 stars for that.

Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: $14.95
10 used & new from $13.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to!, November 11, 2014
Bought this to use my Playstation DexDrive with Windows 7. When I ran Dexter in XP compatibility mode, it worked perfectly! Just be sure to assign the serial adapter to one of the COM ports from 1 to 4 in Device Manager, so that Dexter can find it. A must have if you enjoy the DexDrive!

NEW 99Min 870MB CD-R Disk for 1X-32X High-speed Driver (50-pack)
NEW 99Min 870MB CD-R Disk for 1X-32X High-speed Driver (50-pack)
2 used & new from $59.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Apparently a few years ago they were quite well recommended in the Dreamcast community, November 11, 2014
Bought some of these for making Sega Dreamcast game backups. Apparently a few years ago they were quite well recommended in the Dreamcast community, but lately their quality has taken a massive punch. I bought from DealExtreme and the batch I received was bad-- none of the ones I tried burning worked on either of my Dreamcasts, no matter what configuration and hardware I used.

I can't speak as a CD music burning enthusiast which is why I give it two stars instead of one, but if you are looking to burn Dreamcast games this is not the solution. I will be returning these to DX if I can. This was an expensive experiment that turned out very disappointing. I will have to either find a higher quality brand of 99 minute CD-Rs (which seems iffy, since this is a very niche product), or I will have to settle for 90 minute CD-Rs and use the 800MB version of Shenmue 2 in English.

POSRUS Wacom Intuos 5 Touch Medium Pen Tablet Surface Cover - New Larger Size! Covers Entire Surface!
Offered by POSRUS
Price: $10.10

5.0 out of 5 stars and this cover does a good job keeping it protected, October 6, 2014
I was worried about scratching up my expensive new Intuos 5, and this cover does a good job keeping it protected. I have not noticed any interference with performance, and it was easy enough to install. A must-have for Wacom users.

Top Gun Adam Devine Workaholics Snapback Hat
Top Gun Adam Devine Workaholics Snapback Hat
Offered by Koopa Shop
Price: $17.25
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars but I never really felt like it before I bought this hat, October 6, 2014
I wanted to be top gun, but I never really felt like it before I bought this hat. Now that I have it, as far as guns go this hat makes me feel like the toppest.

Silverhill Tools ATKNND Security Screwdriver Bit Set 3.8mm and 4.5mm for Vintage Nintendo Games and Consoles
Offered by amermedia
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These are well constructed and they are exactly what I ..., October 6, 2014
These are well constructed and they are exactly what I needed to open up my old Nintendo systems and cartridges. If you are looking to do Nintendo repairs, I suggest picking these up (as well as a tri-wing screwdriver).

Energizer 2032 Battery CR2032 Lithium 3v (1 Pack of 5)
Energizer 2032 Battery CR2032 Lithium 3v (1 Pack of 5)
Offered by JMD-BATTERIES
Price: $3.90
30 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A good pack of batteries for the price, October 6, 2014
A good pack of batteries for the price. I bought these to replace the CMOS battery in my Sega Saturn and for some Dreamcast VMUs that I had. If that's what you're looking to do, these are the batteries you need.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10