Profile for J. Kane > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 96

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Kane "AbleKane" RSS Feed (Balad, Iraq)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Sony NEX-5N 16.1 MP Compact Interchangeable Lens Touchscreen Camera With 18-55mm Lens (Silver)
Offered by T SB
Price: $640.00
19 used & new from $210.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera for all-around personal use..., December 22, 2011
I'm a professional photographer and I take my camera EVERYWHERE. This camera is fantastic! The military has Nikon D3Xs that I can use at work... but for most jobs that I do it's a bit of overkill. ANd, the fact that carrying a D3X around all day will wear me out due to the size prompted me to buy this Sony.

I've shot with this for about a year and a half and have beat the hell out of it. Very durable and the quality of photos is fantastic. You can see my photos online by searching my photo ID number "ZC343". About 98% of the images you will see with that ID are shot with the Sony NEX 5.

I have several lenses for it including the 16mm, 18-55mm, 18-200mm and a fisheye. I just got the new 55-210mmm and have only used it once. They all work well with the camera and my favorite is the 18-200. That lens is expensive, but worth every penny. Just be careful and don't drop the lens like I did. I cracked the casing of the lens and now have a bit of dust inside. The camera, which was attached at the time suffered no damage, thankfully.

I highly recommend this camera and will probably buy the NEX 7 within the next 6 months.

Learning Curve Brands Take Along Thomas and Friends - Stanley
Learning Curve Brands Take Along Thomas and Friends - Stanley
Offered by Trains Galore
Price: $12.99
10 used & new from $8.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for toddlers..., December 22, 2011
My son was a Thomas and Friends addict for about three years. These toys are high quality and take a lot of abuse. The only one of these he has actually worn out is the original Thomas he got three years ago... and even that is still "playable", In fact, despite it's worn appearance it is his favorite.

Can't go wrong with theseThomas toys.

TrekSta Men's T811-Assault GTX Hiking Boot,Black/Red,8.5 M US
TrekSta Men's T811-Assault GTX Hiking Boot,Black/Red,8.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hiking boots!, December 22, 2011
These boots feel amazing! I was a bit hesitant to order over the internet because it's so hard to know if the sizing is correct without trying them on first. But, I saw the review in Popular Science magazine that highly recommended these.

So, I figured I could always send them back if needed and I took the plunge. These boots ROCK! The fit was right on, the support of the insoles are better than any boots I've ever tried -- and that is many as I am an avid hiker. These feel almost natural to the foot. They support, but without a lot of weight. THey also look great with a modern design.

Next time I'm looking for boots this will be my first choice. I buy about one pair of hiking boots a year, so I'm always looking for ones that will be comfortable and rugged. These did the trick for me.

Norton 360 Version 2.0 [OLD VERSION]
Norton 360 Version 2.0 [OLD VERSION]
Offered by SHEEHAN AUCTIONS, LLC.
Price: $35.00
19 used & new from $4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Protection for your PC, December 22, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Norton is the standard for PC protection although there are MANY other options out there. I used this version on my Sony VIAO laptop for about three years and it did a pretty good job of catching most viruses. Now, I realize this particular version is outdated, but if you are looking for protection for your PC, Norton is a great place to start.

As for me, I switched to Mac and have not had to use any virus protection since.

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
by Laura Hillenbrand
Price: $15.50
477 used & new from $1.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story telling and inspiring subject..., March 10, 2011
This was a gripping story from the first page to the last. I've read quite a few POW stories and this one tops them all.

PowerBar Performance Energy Bar, Mixed Berry Blast 2.01-Ounce Bars , 12 Count
PowerBar Performance Energy Bar, Mixed Berry Blast 2.01-Ounce Bars , 12 Count
Price: $17.52
5 used & new from $17.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty snack or lunch substitute..., November 13, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've always liked power bars even when they did NOT taste so good. I'd take them on the trail with me while hiking or when riding my bike. They are compact and packed full of energy.

The good news is that Power Bar has gotten better and better at improving the flavor and texture of their bars!

Try this one. You won't be disappointed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutty and delicious!, November 13, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really liked this product! The almonds had just the right amount of chocolate "dust" on them to add flavor and sweeten up the experience. No need to worry about melting in your hands, etc... I kept this in my car and ate a couple each day on the way home from work... you know, to stave off starvation until dinner time.

Highly recommended!

Newtons Fruit Crisp Snacks, Apple Cinnamon, 8-Count Boxes (Pack of 6)
Newtons Fruit Crisp Snacks, Apple Cinnamon, 8-Count Boxes (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting snack..., October 23, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice little snack! My kids both love it and so do I. It has an appealing texture and tastes like a tiny little apple pie, but not too sweet. This is a real hit at our house and I suggest you try it for yourself.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Chewy, tasty energy snack..., September 18, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a very active person who sometimes has to skip lunch... usually when that happens I grab a power bar or something like that, so I'm not a stranger to this type of energy bar. The Live Bright bar was no disappointment! It tasted great, had a pleasing texture and gave me the boost I needed to keep going.

I also liked that it was not too gummy... it was chewy, but did not melt when I had it in my car and was still very tasty. I like it!

Natural Choice environmentally-sensitive Diapers, X-Large Size 5, Over 27 Pounds (156-Count Diapers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone green against my will..., May 15, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay, I'm not a "green freak" and really don't mind if the planet warms up a little since I enjoy heat... so I was not wild about trying "natural" diapers. My fear was that they would not be as absorbent, or that they would disintegrate and fall apart at a crucial moment.

Imagine my delight and surprise to find that these diapers are as good as any leading brand I've tried. I have a very active 2 year old who gave these diapers a workout all day long. They held up! They did not fall apart, nor did I notice a difference in how well they performed in keeping my boy dry.

Even though I'm not an enviro-wacko, I actually do not like pollution and I like the idea of being able to biodegrade diapers... so against my will - I LIKE THESE!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10