Profile for Kraziken > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kraziken "kraziken" RSS Feed (Bothel, Wa United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Stopwatch and Timer
Stopwatch and Timer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome I love it, October 15, 2014
This review is from: Stopwatch and Timer (App)
Awesome awesome

KICK-EEZ KZ-109 Pre fit recoil pad
KICK-EEZ KZ-109 Pre fit recoil pad
Offered by ScentFreeHunter, LLC
Price: $38.95

5.0 out of 5 stars the recoil is a bit more than I would like. Testing some full hunting loads thru the gun ..., September 19, 2014
I purchased a new Beretta 1301 competition Shotgun. The shotgun is remarkably light. Because of this, the recoil is a bit more than I would like. Testing some full hunting loads thru the gun I was quite sore the next day.

The Kick EEZ is easily twice as thick as the factory pad. The 1301 has a pretty short pull to begin with, so it actually improved the length of pull.

I went through a whole day of competition shooting and didn't notice any pain. It is a small investment but it was worth every penny. I highly recommend this recoil pad.

Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Docking Station (0A33970)
Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Docking Station (0A33970)
Price: $145.99
74 used & new from $72.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad to report, September 19, 2014
I was looking for a dual DVI out put USB dock for work to make it easier to transition from home.

The Thinkpad USB 3.0 dock is one of the few that has dual DVI. I see other docks seem to have a combination of DVI and HDMI. I'm running older monitors so this was less desirable of a solution for me.

I see mixed reviews on this dock so I was somewhat concerned. I took the plunge anyway.

I'm glad to report, no issues at all. The dock I received already had the newest firmware. I accidentally plugged the dock into one of my USB 2.0 ports. It seemed like there was a little lag. But I got a pop up prompt telling me I should plug into a usb 3.0 port.

I put the dock in a USB 3.0 port and there were no issue. I have fast response between screens. It does everything I wanted. There are plenty of USB ports on the dock. Now I don't have to deal with plugging in multiple cables when I come to work.

As long as you have a newer laptop with USB 3.0 I don't think you will be disappointed.

-------------------

Slight edit. On my windows 7 laptop on boot, sometimes it seems to blue screen. My workaround solution is to turn the dock off. Plug in the dock and boot up the computer. Once you are logged in, power on the dock. My laptop loads the drivers and everything works fine. It seems when the laptop is suspended and when you try to resume with the dock powered it can cause a bluescreen.

My other windows 8.1 laptop has no issues booting or resuming with the dock powered on.

The Phantom Tollbooth 50th Anniversary Edition
The Phantom Tollbooth 50th Anniversary Edition
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.70

5.0 out of 5 stars The phantom tollbooth is an awesome book., April 19, 2014
The book kept pulling me in. I wish that it was a series of books so I could keep reading.

AP 4X4 Shotgun Shell Carrier
AP 4X4 Shotgun Shell Carrier
Offered by inventoryrecoveryva
Price: $60.99
3 used & new from $60.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory for 3 gun., February 28, 2014
I am new to 3 gun and was looking for a shotshell carrier. This AP shell system seemed to be a great way to store many shells on your belt without taking out precious real estate.

The belt attachment is very secure.

As noted from others just be aware that when pull from the carrier you really need to practice grabbing all four shells at a time. Leaving two or one shell in the carrier, the round can bounce around and actually fall out.

AP makes a 3x3 shell carrier that may be better for folks with small hands. Reloading one shell while holding 3 rounds was a bit tough for me since I do not have large hands. But with practice I made it work. I'm still debating on buying the 3x3 shell carrier for myself.

Safariland 6390 ALS Level I Holster - Mid Ride - STX Finish - STX Tactical / Right - 6390-73-131 - Beretta 92F, 92FS, 92G
Offered by CopQuest, Inc.
Price: $89.25
3 used & new from $89.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, and easy to use holster, January 16, 2014
I was looking into starting 3 gun sports and I was looking for a good belt holster. In professional use I've used Safariland gear before. As they say, you get what you pay for. While the Safariland is one of the more expensive options. They offer superior durability and function.

This holster can be modified to a higher threat level use by replacing the cover. The Level one retention is very solid. Very little weapon movement. Yet at the same time, very positive feel and easy to disengage when needed.

You can upgrade the holster to level II retention with the optional ALS guard.
If you are looking for a higher retention holster. Safariland has a newer ALS holster, the 7360 7TS that is available in level III retention.

I previously used a leather Safariland level III holster as a police officer and it never failed me. This 6390 holster has a better fit than my old leather holster, and I suspect it will last me a lifetime.

Seagate Desktop 2 TB Solid State Hybrid Drive SATA 6 GB with NCQ 64 MB Cache 3.5 Inch (ST2000DX001)
Price: $101.05
67 used & new from $92.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect compromise of speed and storage., January 16, 2014
For awhile, I've been using a dedicated SSD (120GB) and a larger 1.5TB drive to house my user profiles and install data.

For anyone who has setup a computer this way. There is always some files that want to install on the main boot drive. And sometimes it causes problems with installs. What you end up with is constantly tweaking things.

I've used the Seagate hybrid drives in my laptop previously. It offers much faster boot times, yet still the capability to store a lot of data.

After using this drive, it seems I haven't lost much in boot speed. But I no longer have to worry about storage or keeping files off of the boot partition. The price is very reasonable for the performance and storage.

I highly recommend it.

Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller - Black
Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller - Black
Offered by Quick Buys
Price: $46.99
21 used & new from $43.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great controller, December 31, 2013
Great quality and feel. The battery lasts forever. I know they have an extended battery for the touchscreen gamepad now, but in a pinch, you can use this controller all day for certain games (playing Zelda the Windwaker HD at the moment).

I can't help but feel if this was the standard controller, and the gamepad was optional that the Wii U would have had more third party support. It should have been just included with the system.

NETGEAR Wireless Router - N900 Dual Band Gigabit (WNDR4500v1)
NETGEAR Wireless Router - N900 Dual Band Gigabit (WNDR4500v1)
Offered by silver line
Price: $154.99
43 used & new from $48.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Requires too much troubleshooting, March 30, 2013
About a month or two after I bought this router, we experienced some power outages.

After the power restored, my wireless network was down. I engaged a support chat with Netgear. They were able to restore my router. However, it required to download a firmware update. Then flash the router. Which is not very convenient. I had personally tried resetting and unplugging the router several times before I engaged support.

It seems now, anytime I have a power outage, or the router loses power, I have to go thru this ridiculous routine of flashing the router to restore functionality.

Looking at Netgear's website. It seems they have a V2 version of this product. In either case, I would recommend looking elsewhere. Unless you enjoy having to troubleshoot your internet connection. Requiring a firmware flash each time to reset the router is ridiculous in my opinion.

Update. 11/2013 Just had another power outage. And same issue. No internet.

You can see the KB article from Netgear here.

[...]
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2013 1:26 AM PDT

Famous Brand by Ocean Master Taiwan 3D Flex Dry Snorkel is Back! - Crystal Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dry snorkel, March 24, 2013
I had a goal to try snorkeling. About 10+ years ago I went on a snorkeling trip in Florida. The rental equipment was terrible. I was not the most confident person in the water. I had difficulty with a good seal around the mouth. The fit was poor, and I had trouble clearing water. I ended up swallowing a lot of seawater. In general I had a terrible time.

Determined not to be defeated, I went to a local dive shop and found an Ocean Master dry snorkel. I also purchased my own fins. I went out on my own on the beach and after testing the snorkel I found myself confident in the water and enjoying myself. The water block is very fast and doesn't let water in even in rough water. The worst that will happen is when you try to suck in water it will just block you from sucking in any air (or water) at all. It is very effective in keeping the salt water out. Basically with this snorkel, the worst thing you have to worry about is your goggles fogging up. I could snorkel for long periods of time without having to clear the snorkel.

Years later, I went to Hawaii and I brought my own gear. My wife and I went on a snorkel trip. For some reason, none of the shops in Hawaii carry this brand of snorkel. I purchased a different dry snorkel for my wife. The mechanism on hers uses a tilting lever that blocks the water, while this Ocean Master uses a single float that blocks the water. Most of the dry snorkels I've seen seem to use a tilting block. In real use, they don't seem to work as well as this Ocean Master. I've tried two others.

In the end, she did not like her snorkel and started using my Ocean Master. Again, she was confident in the water with the Ocean Master, but struggled with others.

For our return trip to Hawaii, I ordered this Ocean Master snorkel.

Some improvements that have occurred.

* The water blocking float is redesigned and smaller.
* The lower piece is now a flexible tube (my Ocean Master was one piece tube with a pivot ball end).

The clip that holds the snorkel to the goggles is not very strong. Most of the snorkels I've seen, this is a weak point. I ended up buying a rubber button clip that works better than the plastic clip.

Armed with two Ocean masters this time, we both were able to snorkel at the same time and enjoyed ourselves. If you have any doubts, or have any apprehension about snorkeling, I highly recommend the Ocean Master.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4