Profile for Supershopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Supershopper RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Human development
Human development
by Sally Wendkos Olds
8 used & new from $0.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 4, 2015
This review is from: Human development (Hardcover)
This was my favorite college text in Psychology - I used it in 1979!

Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer with Airprint and Mobile Device Printing
Price: $348.00
121 used & new from $195.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a super printer!, April 9, 2015
So my beloved 14 year old HP Photosmart P1000 finally died, and I went on a search to find something comparable. Without going through all of my experiences, suffice it to say that NO average printer, standalone or the all-in-ones that you find at Best Buy, Sams, Costco, Staples etc are anything near the quality or reliability of my old HP. I don't ask for much, just a large ink cartridge like it had and no paper jams or quirks. All current printers in the usual price range of $69-$299 are JUNK. The name of the game today is pay more for inks than you did for the printer. I mean, just toss the printer when the ink runs out and get a new one for less money - and another set of inks.. RIDICULOUS!!! ALL 3 major mfg's are the same. I could not get past all the bad reviews of printers in this category. Then I found the Pixma Pro 100. People were actually admitting the photos it prints are GOOD! And no horrible reviews of how junky it is! So, while I knew it would be a step up in size (like 3 times the size of a standard printer) I didn't realize how it would make me fall in love with my photoghraphy all over again once I saw the prints. My old HP did absolutely beautiful photo prints, but seeing the ones from the Pro 100 blew me away - they have a "pop" that I am just not used to. Better than photo lab created enlargements like from Adoramapix. Good inkjet is truly different, and being able to print larger that 8-1/2 x 11 is something I think I deserved after all these years! I shoot full frame Canon cameras and the Pixma 100 and my cameras are a match made in heaven. And yes, it will still print out a nice document if you need that!

The only warning I want to give is the wifi setup is a little difficult if you choose the wrong route. Save yourself a hernia and choose to set it up using the USB cable (temporarily) as trying to do it wirelessly is a nightmare, trust me. The printer has no screen, so it doesn't walk you through nicely the way the cheaper printers do. So just plug it in to USB, put in the driver disc and follow the instructions. It is very easy this way. Only strange thing was that it found my network, but never asked me for the password. It worked fine without it. Carefully follow the head installation instructions and in the ink installation - VERY IMPORTANT to remove the orange cello strip at the top of each cartridge BEFORE twisting off the orange protective tabs on each. If you don't uncover this air-hole, ink will spray all over as you remove the orange tab because you are squeezing the sides and air forces ink out. Let's just say, I have black fingers right now! This video shows how to install the print head and cartridges fairly well - start at 13:00 for this part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlV7cqqladQ

I got a good price on Amazon, and I couldn't be happier. Well, I'd be happier if it were smaller, so just make sure you have a HUGE area cleared for it before it arrives. I'm still looking for a permanent home in my office that has no room!

Sachajuan Volume Conditioner-8.4 oz.
Sachajuan Volume Conditioner-8.4 oz.
Offered by pretty77
Price: $21.75
16 used & new from $16.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shampoo and conditioner I have used in years! So great for thinning hair, January 12, 2015
Recently I have been losing a ton of hair and decided it was time to do something drastic/change my shampoo. I bought a number of different expensive shampoos this being one of them and also Bumble and Bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner, Wen lavender, and Sebastian Light shampoo and conditioner. I wanted to try something really different, something you don't just see in the usual places that sell shampoo. After trying all of them, I found that none of them did anything different than the inexpensive stuff I was using (I was using TREsemme) except for this shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels noticeably thicker, stays clean longer and just looks better than it ever has since I've had this hair loss. I would highly recommend that you try it for yourself and even though I too was leery because the reviews weren't that good I am glad that I decided to see how it would work for me!

Amazon Elements Baby Wipes, Unscented, Flip-Top, 80 Count (Pack of 6)
Amazon Elements Baby Wipes, Unscented, Flip-Top, 80 Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains ingredients from China, December 4, 2014
You asked moms what they want in a wipe and they said "ingredients from China"??? I appreciate the transparency, but no one trusts products for babies, dogs or themselves made in China!!!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 10:30 PM PST

Carson HookUpz Universal Smart Phone Optics Digiscoping Adapter For Binoculars Spotting Scopes Monoculars Telescopes Microscopes and More (IS-100)
Price: $52.24
29 used & new from $43.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Total useless junk, October 11, 2014
Don't even think of buying this POS - I did and cannot believe those green grippers are made of shiny smooth plastic and they just slide on anything they are attached to! I doubt very much that they tried this on a binocular microscope, especially in a horizontal position. The sliding plus there being no way to actually lock the thing in place and see the image are on a scope makes it completely useless to use. Even when the "locks" are fastened down, the sizers still move! Second product I bought from them that was junk. And I laughed when I saw them copying Apple's packaging - a white inner box that simply says "Made By Carson in New York" with a seal at the side. What a joke.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2014 7:13 AM PDT

WaterWipes Super Value Box Baby Wipes, 9 packs of 60 Count | 540 baby wipes
WaterWipes Super Value Box Baby Wipes, 9 packs of 60 Count | 540 baby wipes
Price: $29.99
14 used & new from $27.66

2.0 out of 5 stars Too thin and still irritate a little, September 14, 2014
They are a little thin and I have used them myself and there is still a tiny bit of irritation I get just from the acidity they add to preserve them. The best wipes are ones where you can add whatever YOU want to them, from filtered water to baby bath or other soaps. Buy some "Attends Dry Wipes" in the blue package as these are large, super soft, very thick and strong and do a much better job cleaning babies behinds, then add whatever you feel comfortable using on your baby.

Simply Saline Adult Nasal Mist, Original Giant Size, 4.25-Ounce
Simply Saline Adult Nasal Mist, Original Giant Size, 4.25-Ounce
Offered by HBKDirect
Price: $5.99
19 used & new from $3.01

1.0 out of 5 stars ) so it is now useless to me, September 14, 2014
This used to be JUST "simply" saline solution, so it could be used for a lot of things, BUT now they added sodium carbonate (baking soda!) so it is now useless to me. WHY can't they leave well enough alone????

New Star 42313 Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter with Suction Feet, 1/2-Inch
New Star 42313 Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter with Suction Feet, 1/2-Inch
Price: $62.95
3 used & new from $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but awkward to use, September 14, 2014
This is an old-fashioned "tool" that looks like it was made in the 1930's. Not necessarily a bad thing because it is basically made well. However, just so you know, it is very large and VERY awkward to use and clean. when handling it, it tips all over, like if you want to wash it in the sink, maybe just holding it under running water, it's like an octopus falling out all over! The balance is not good, so just to pick it up off the counter after using, the suction cups grab even after you loosen them, so they are stuck while you are trying to wrangle the thing up off the counter, especially bad if the pusher is not engaged. When the pusher is back, the thing tips up because of the imbalance if not suctioned down. And if counter is wet, the suction cups will slide around even when fastened dhow, then you have to unstick the cups, dry underneath and try again. But as you unstick the cups and go to the next, the one you just removed sticks down again! You get the picture.

Cleaning is best done ASAP after you are done. The blades criss-cross each other so lots of tiny shredded potato pieces get caught between where the blades intersect and you need a toothbrush to clean them out. I leave the blade and pusher in when I clean it and do not take it apart, I just lean the whole thing into the sink and spray it down, then use a toothbrush.

I'm not that strong, but have been able to use it, I found cutting the potato in half has been a help. I bought this one that came with the 1/2" size plate, but I like fries a little thinner but still thicker than McDonald's and Burger King's fries, so ordered the 3/8" plate and pusher which is perfect for me.

Didn't give 5 stars because of the balance and awkwardness of it's use. I think it's the best of the choices out there though.

New Star 37388 French Fry Cutter Replacement Blade, 3/8-Inch
New Star 37388 French Fry Cutter Replacement Blade, 3/8-Inch
Offered by New Star Foodservice Inc
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Best size for making fries, September 14, 2014
I find this 3/8" size plate to be the perfect size for fries - I also have the 1/2" but the fries are too thick. I wanted something that would leave more "meat" in the fry than McDonald's but not so much that it takes too long for the inside to cook. The 3/8" is perfect - larger than McDonald's and a little larger than Burger King. If you want thin fast-food fries, get the 1/4". I can make fries in a small tallish round saucepan using peanut or safflower oil easily on the stovetop with no fryer. The fryer I tried that was highly rated here just did not get hot enough, but I can control the temp pretty well on my (electric!) stove using a thermometer. It would be even better using a gas stove!

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was that the tines that criss-cross over each other were not seated evenly - some were higher than others. I had to take it apart and re-seat them all and they still aren't perfect, however it didn't seem to affect the cutting.

Scotch Precision Ultra Edge 8-Inch Scissors, 3 pack
Scotch Precision Ultra Edge 8-Inch Scissors, 3 pack
Offered by Shopping Right
Price: $16.89
42 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best scissors!, August 10, 2014
Best scissors, bar none, Way better than Fiskars, they stay sharp forever!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6