Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Jane Doe > Reviews

Browse

Jane Doe's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jane Doe "Don't forget to check the Gold Box!" RSS Feed (Houston)

Page: 1 | 2
LexMod Discovery High Back Conference Office Chair in Black Vinyl
LexMod Discovery High Back Conference Office Chair in Black Vinyl

4.0 out of 5 stars Great chair but a bit stiff for long term desk chair, October 29, 2015
Pros:
Easy to put together.
Looks modern
Feels sturdy
Cushioning seems it will last a while.

Con
Cushioning maybe a little too stiff but I see why they did it, the cushions are thin to have the modern look so the fusion j material has to be stiffer.

Intec G7769 Charging Mat for PS3
Intec G7769 Charging Mat for PS3

5.0 out of 5 stars Had it for 2 yrs now, February 19, 2013
Works great still. I have 2 controllers, I will admit I do not play much. Usually I only have to use one controller but on the rare occasion I forget to charge it I have the second one charging all the time as back up. The only problem i have had which I think is a playstation problem is that whichever unit I pick up to turn the playstation on with the controller's PS3 button, the controller by default turns to the "Controller 2" so I have to go into settings and switch the controller over to "controller 1"

BAFX Products IR Repeater - Remote control extender Kit
BAFX Products IR Repeater - Remote control extender Kit
Offered by BAFX Products
Price: $28.99
2 used & new from $27.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, January 31, 2013
I see that there are other people who have positive reviews so I may have just received a faulty unit. I have another brand's IR extender at home and it works great but it is pricey so I decided to go with this one. A little background on my setup:

I have a TV mounted on the wall in my bedroom. I dont have much room and I hate wires so I put the cable box above the bedroom in the attic and decided to mount this IR extender behind the tv and ran the IR extender up to the attic through the wall. Very sleek look now. So I hate wires and I zip tied a bunch of wires so it is neat and clean.

So...this unit worked for 17 days and now won't power on. I have no idea why. I see here that someone is using the USB to power it but I haven't tried that so maybe I have the same issue as that user. Now I have a perfectly clean setup that I have to undo and return because I am going to replace it with the pricier unit. Sorry BAFX but I have to. I don't want to risk setting this up again only to have it fail on me again. Oh and not too big of a deal but the little sticky backs of the repeaters don't hold very well on the components. The stickyness only lasted about 10 minutes 'til they fell off, so I had to use packing tape to hold the repeater onto my cable box. Could be my cable box though so not a big deal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2013 5:35 PM PST

PORTER-CABLE 7346SP 6-Inch Random Orbit Sander with Polishing Pad
PORTER-CABLE 7346SP 6-Inch Random Orbit Sander with Polishing Pad
Price: $119.99
11 used & new from $111.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Boat Polishing, September 7, 2011
I must say that this is definately worth the money. I have sent my boat out several times to get it detailed after coming out of storage so it will look right for the lake. Yesterday, I bought this at Lowes and used it for the first time. The cost to get your boat detailed is around $250-350 for a 23 ft boat so this is by far more economical. The "job speed" was pretty good. I would do about a 8-10 ft segment then wipe it off with a cotton towel. I used Mcguires wax 2.0 and it seemd to work pretty well. I was dissapointed with the left over water spots but this boat is a 1994 so I wasn't too surprised. Some of the rubber marks when the boat would rub against the dock didn't come out with the polisher but with a little elbow grease, they came out. The machine is lightweight and doesnt' get hot to the touch. It vibrates a little but with the extra handle it seemed to work fine. Make sure though when you turn it on and off, the surface of the pad is always always against the surface you are waxing or polishing.

Digital Calipers, Battery Powered, Inch/Metric, Stainless Steel, 6"/150mm Range, +/-0.001"/0.01mm Accuracy, 0.0005"/0.01mm Resolution
Offered by Premium Discount
Price: $18.00
11 used & new from $18.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap! You get what you pay for!, June 16, 2011
I am pretty upset that the first person who reviewed this item is the person who convinced me to buy it. The calipers are not smooth and they don't come with a certificate of calibration, which pretty much renders these completely useless unless you are using this for your own hobby at home and don't need them to be calibrated. Do not use these if you are an engineer who needs verification that these are calibrated.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2011 9:07 AM PDT

Tumi LXT Achievement Computer Business Case
Tumi LXT Achievement Computer Business Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for 17" laptops, March 30, 2011
This is a perfect bag. Not too "Metro" if you know what I mean but not your standard Tumi briefcase. It isn't too flashy and it is light. My 17" fits perfectly inside it and you can register it online so if it is stolen, you can get it back if someone tries to reregister the bag.

X-Socks Men's Power Walking Sock
X-Socks Men's Power Walking Sock

4.0 out of 5 stars Eh., September 15, 2010
I am not overwhelmed with these but it did the trick. My dad wanted som new running shoes and he always likes the best so why not get him the most fancy running socks out there. I think he was more impressed with the socks, especially sinsce they say right or left to make sure you put them on the right feet.

Brinkmann 9087 LED Grill Light
Brinkmann 9087 LED Grill Light

5.0 out of 5 stars I SEE MEAT!, September 15, 2010
AAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! I now can see my meat. My dark grilling is over and I feel better now. No one can say that their meat was underdone or over done since I now can see the exact color of everything. I also use it to blind the people who tell me how to grill which is fun. Very strong light. I don't know how long the batteries will last but I am happy now. Thank you Brinkmann!

UPDATE: Batteries still kicking!!! The magnets have come undone though which were helpful but since it has a clamp I am using that, and the magnets are so strong, I know stick my metal grill tools to them on the side of the grill (I predict new invention). 3 tools in one, thanks Brinkman!

Sony BDP-CX960 400 Disc Blu-ray Disc / DVD MegaChanger (Black) (2009 Model)
Sony BDP-CX960 400 Disc Blu-ray Disc / DVD MegaChanger (Black) (2009 Model)
Offered by home_theater_deals
Price: $2,284.00
10 used & new from $450.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Player but Gracenote needs some work., October 27, 2009
It is almost impossible to expect a computer to recognize 399 discs (the rental slot I left open...good feature) right off the bat.

I loaded my grandfather's DVD collection which is over 2000 discs so we barely made a dent. He likes mainly classic films like Bette Davis, westerns, Gone with the Wind, War movies, etc. He also has an extensive War Documentary Collection around 200.

Set up was fast and easy once we purchased the right internet repeater. There is a ethernet connection that is required for Gracenote to work. The system works when you directly plug it into your internet router or if you get a system like the following. [...] That is very easy to use. You plug your router into the ethernet adapter and then plug the other adapter near your DVD player, hook up the ethernet cable to your DVD player and you are ready to go. Make sure you plug the NETGEAR ethernet adapter directly into the wall though, it will not work through a surge protector I found that out after about an hour, I should have read the directions.

We decided to load all of the War Documentary, Betty Davis, and some classic Comedy (Lucy, Carol Burnett, Benny Hill) 399 discs into the player. It took around 2:30 hrs to complete the load with all of the discs. A big problem though, Only 281 discs were recognized. I had to leave so I couldn't figure out which ones loaded and which ones didn't. The Blue Ray discs were all recognized by GraceNote but I think some of the old westerns and classic films were not. I wish that Gracenote had a way where you could access the internet and send the info to the player. I haven't looked into it too much though.

Everything else was good so I def recommend this player.

I do suggest that you write down what you put into what slot while loading your discs so that you don't have to play the movie to see what it is before manually inputting the title, year, genre etc. That would take a long time since it takes about 10-20 seconds to load a DVD once you ask the player to play it. I found that a little disturbing. A regular DVD player takes around 8 seconds to load the DVD. Once you press play on a normal 1 disc DVD player the DVD starts playing pretty rapidly. This 400 disc player takes a little bit of time. So if you don't know what is in slot 243 and you want to manually input the data, you have to wait 20 seconds for the player to load disc 243 to see what movie is in the slot. Or you will have to sit by the 400 disc player and press 243, eject, look at the DVD and then manually input the data.

Oh and get a comfortable chair if you are going to put all of these DVD's into the player in one day. Sitting on the floor inputting these DVD's took a while and my back still hurts and I am only 30.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2010 9:47 AM PDT

Sony BRAVIA XBR Series KDL-52XBR9 52-Inch 1080p 240 Hz LCD HDTV, Black
Sony BRAVIA XBR Series KDL-52XBR9 52-Inch 1080p 240 Hz LCD HDTV, Black
2 used & new from $709.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect but no Split-Screen, August 24, 2009
I love sony's because of their split screen function. I have had a 57 rear projection and a 46 XBR7 and now the 52 XBR9. The XBR9 does not have split screen which allows me to watch two games at once or play a game and watch a game at the same time. or check my email and watch tv or play a game. You get the point.

Other than that a perfect TV. Very thin on the wall using the sanus super slim mount and the internet TV function is great.

Maybe a software update will give me back my split screen.

Page: 1 | 2