Profile for amandamay24 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 57

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

amandamay24 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
ViaAqua 50-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat
ViaAqua 50-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat
Price: $17.98
2 used & new from $16.72

5.0 out of 5 stars and this one is my favorite. So easy to use and easy to read, August 9, 2014
I have two other heaters from other purchases, and this one is my favorite. So easy to use and easy to read.

Spectrastone Special Black Aquarium Gravel for Freshwater Aquariums, 5-Pound Bag
Offered by SunCoast Pet Supply
Price: $22.34
8 used & new from $11.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, August 9, 2014
This was really cheap gravel, so that's why I got it. It is clearly white rocks painted black. :( That wasn't the look I was going for. It's not terrible, just not as nice as pictured. Two of my fish died after I changed out the gravel, but that's probably my own fault for changing the gravel in the first place. I thought that most of the bacteria would be in the filter, but apparently most of it is stored in the gravel. :( I'm giving this two stars since it's not very good quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2014 3:47 PM PDT

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream
Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream
by David Platt
Price: $10.21
543 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars like the title says, July 26, 2014
I've heard some criticism of this book, but I can't understand it. It has inspired me more than almost any other book. I would put it in my top five books, for sure, and I read constantly. Some people say it is too radical, like the title says, but I think that is the essence of Christianity. We are supposed to be radically different from the rest of the world. Being like Jesus is radical.

Conair Sound Therapy Sound Machine
Conair Sound Therapy Sound Machine
Price: $21.23
43 used & new from $18.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 26, 2014
Works well. We've had no problems with it.

Saucony Boys Baby Cohesion H&L Running Shoe (Toddler),Grey/Black/Silver,8 W US Toddler

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 26, 2014
No complaints! Made well and fit correctly.

PUMA Descendant Velcro Running Shoe (Infant/Toddler/Little Kid),Black/Aged Silver,12.5 M US Little Kid

5.0 out of 5 stars My son says they are comfortable and likes wearing them, July 26, 2014
My five-year-old got a pair of these a few months ago. They were a little tighter than expected, since we had just had his feet sized. But they fit well without socks. My son says they are comfortable and likes wearing them.

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
by Sally Lloyd-Jones
Price: $11.12
182 used & new from $4.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Our boys love this book, July 26, 2014
Our boys love this book! The oldest two, age 5 and 3, enjoy reading a chapter every night. My three-year-old's favorite has been "Jesus Calms the Storm" for about a year. He wants to read it nightly. :)

Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families & Churches
Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families & Churches
by Russel D. Moore
Price: $11.83
114 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite books. I can never read enough about adoption- ..., July 26, 2014
A must-read. One of my favorite books. I can never read enough about adoption- it is a huge part of my life. We adopted our oldest son internationally, and we are so thankful for him and blessed by him. The author is so candid about his own infertility struggles (something I never dealt with, thankfully... we adopted because it was our first choice). I love the author's link between physical and spiritual adoption.

Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Integration Issues
by Lindsey Biel
72 used & new from $3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 26, 2014
Great practical advice for moms of SPD kids! It has helped me get creative ideas for sensory activities.

The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
by Brené Brown
Price: $8.46
195 used & new from $7.08

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, July 26, 2014
Really not a fan of this book. So wishy-washy, so "feel good." Everything you have heard before. The author seems unaware of her own prideful nature, as do most people, myself included. But it was hard to read... I kept searching for some inspiration, but so much of this was cliche and abstract. Now I see why it's an Oprah book. :(

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6