Profile for Giuliano A. Mazzina > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Giuliano A. Mazzina RSS Feed (Turlock, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
EZguardz Premium Real Tempered Glass Screen Protector Cover For Motorola Nexus 6
Offered by Prestige Solutions
Price: $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I've never had an issue and have always had beautiful results. No bubbles, January 20, 2015
I've applied tempered glass protectors to several of my own phones as well as for friends/family/corworkers. I've never had an issue and have always had beautiful results. No bubbles, near zero dust/lint under the protector. This product however was very sub par for me. None of the edges would adhere to the phone. The gap around the sides was about 1-2mm and the top and bottom gaps were almost a quarter of an inch. I put a few heavy books on top of it to keep pressure and let it sit for 30 minutes and as soon as the books came off I could see the edges lifting again. This was the first time I bought this brand and it will be the last. If you had good luck with your applications, awesome but nothing went right for me except no dust/list under it but that is the user, not the product.

Ghostbusters Inflatable Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Costume, Standard Color, One Size
Price: $35.19
33 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits better than expected, October 23, 2014
I'm not a super larger person but I have some roundness to myself. When I opened the package I didn't expect the costume to it. I put it on carefully and wouldn't ya know it, it did fit. before I turned on the inflating fan the costume felt like it was rather form fitting. I was like 'I'm a real life marshmallow man in real life....I need to join a gym' but then when I turned on the fan, it showed its true size. Everything started to bulge out correctly and before I knew it, I was a big ole marshmallow man.

I would have given it 5 starts but there is one bad part, the head part. It does not inflate like the rest of the body which would have been nice. Its a separate piece and does not fill out well. Its very winkled and I'm scared to iron it because it may ruin the exterior. The eye holes are very hard to see out of because if you try to poof out the head to be the proper shape, the eye holes are a few inches away from your actual eyes. A clothes steamer may help relax it to be formed to the proper shape but I don't have one of those. It'll make do for the one day I'm going to wear it, but ya...the head part is annoying.

Be warned, do not try to sit down with it inflated. It doesn't stretch well and you may tear it. I tried to sit down slowly and felt that if I went past half way sitting down, the nylon (or whatever material the suit is made out of) will rip for sure. You can however turn off the fan and let the air out to sit down. I think I may be standing all night on halloween.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2014 8:22 PM PDT

12 x 30 Polishing Bag
12 x 30 Polishing Bag
Offered by RDW Deals
Price: $49.95
3 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, August 16, 2014
This review is from: 12 x 30 Polishing Bag (Misc.)
Absolutely love this purchase. Cleared my Intex 15' x 42" pool in a couple days. The problem was super fine dirt and dead algae (white haze). We have a salt system which controls the algae but the sand filter wasn't tapping enough. The first week or so I had to take the bag off and clean it out daily because it filled up with the fine dirt and was restricting my pump's flow. Used my garden hose to clean out the interior by spraying it on the outside of the bag. You could see the bag change color from light brown to white as I cleaned it. Now I can go a week to two weeks (depends on how windy it is and if more dirt is getting blown in the water. My water is crystal clear and I am a very happy person.

I saw a review or two about the bag leaking. I noticed this too and thats when I realized the bag was clogged on the inside from so much dirt that I had to clean it out. After that the issue went away. The pump was just forcing the finest dirt through the material because the flow rate was so restricted.

Minecraft Diamond Pendant Necklace
Minecraft Diamond Pendant Necklace
Offered by A&S Creavention
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ... old daughter because shes been wanting a diamond necklace like her mom has for years now and I thought ..., July 28, 2014
I bought the necklace for my 8 year old daughter because shes been wanting a diamond necklace like her mom has for years now and I thought this was a good enough compromise. She loved it and its a good quality piece.

FiveFingers Mens Kso Evo Black/Black Running Shoe - 43
FiveFingers Mens Kso Evo Black/Black Running Shoe - 43
Offered by pipeline24
Price: $65.95
8 used & new from $65.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great pair, July 28, 2014
I have two other pairs of vibram shoes. One pair is one size too small. I can wear them but not for extended lengths of time. Maybe 2 hours tops. I wore them last week to a beach in Monterey to climb on some tide pools and they were fine but after an hour and a half or so, I had to take them off. Getting the right fit is essential. My other pair I don't care for. I really like the KSO design and the 2nd pair doesn't have the top part of the shoe. I tend to get sun burns on the top of my foot so i don't wear those very often.

This new pair however fits beautifully. I measured my foot and added 1/4" onto the measurement and that was the perfect size. The quick lace on top works great and has a bit of velcro so the pull cord doesn't flop around. The sole of the shoe looks great. It looks to have great grip and from what i've done so far, its quite flexible.

All in all, I'm very happy with this purchase.

LEGO Technic 42006 Excavator
LEGO Technic 42006 Excavator
43 used & new from $102.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sauce!, June 11, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Technic 42006 Excavator (Toy)
Lego, awesome. Technic, more awesome. Able to add motors, even more awesome! Very fun set. I'm 33 but my kids (8 and 3) love to build with me so its a great father/kids thing to do. I now have 6 or 7 large Technic kits and they are all fun to build with my kids.

Technic is a big part of my childhood and plan on to continue buying sets that I like. Keep up the good work Lego, you guys are awesome!

Intex 14-Inch Krystal Clear Saltwater System and Sand Filter Pump with GFCI for Pools
Offered by In The Swim Pool Supplies
Price: $219.99
8 used & new from $219.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than expected, June 11, 2014
I've had my pool up for over a month now (15' diameter 42" deep Intex ultraframe pool) and the water is still crystal clear. No film build up on the inner walls of the pool. I do have some very fine dirt on the bottom of the poor that doesn't get sucked up into filter. I used an old garden hose and held it up to the inlet for the filter and sucked up some of the dirt. It came right back because it was too fine of dirt for the sand filter to trap. I plan on buying a better vacuum for the pool that will remove that dirt. I don't consider it a fault of filter.

I've yet to have to add more salt to the water but have topped off the pool a couple times because of water loss due to splashing and what not. Salt however is MUCH cheaper than chlorine so when I do have to add some, it won't cost much at all.

I am very happy with my purchase and told my coworker who has the same pool about it and he is likely to buy one as well.

Kinivo 501BN Premium 5 port High speed HDMI switch with IR wireless remote and AC Power adapter - supports 3D, 1080p
7 used & new from $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy so far, June 11, 2014
I received my switch yesterday after a couple of years swapping cables on my equipment because of a lack of HDMI ports. The device looks to be well built. It doesn't feel flimsy and the cables plug in securely, not loose feeling. Two of my devices are powered on all the time (Roku 3 and Chromecast) but when I turn my Wii U and PS3 on it does switch over automatically. The remote that came with the switch is nice. Its small and very direct in its use. I decided to 'learn' the RF signals to my Harmony remote instead of using the included remote because really, who likes using more than one remote. The learning went well and still works beautifully wish switching inputs on my Harmony (model 510 to be exact).

My only complaint are the LEDs on the switch are terribly bright. I have quite a few LEDs in front of me and around the switch but these ones are very bright. I am considering putting some semi transparent tape over the LEDs to tone them down some. That however doesn't impact my star rating on this review.

I would recommend this to anyone I know that is in the market for an HDMI switch.

Seiko Men's SNK809 "Seiko 5" Automatic Watch with Black Canvas Strap
Seiko Men's SNK809 "Seiko 5" Automatic Watch with Black Canvas Strap
Price: $67.50
24 used & new from $63.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, happy with my purchase, May 22, 2014
I've been wanting to buy a new watch for a while now. I have a Citizen Pro Master that broke several years ago sadly but never replaced it because I have a cell phone. Well, I've finally grown annoyed with having to get my phone and turn it on just to get the time. Yes, it sounds minor but it really was eating at me. I didn't want to deal with batteries in a watch or have to wind it manually so an automatic watch was ideal. I found this watch on sale, I like the simplistic face of the watch. The date and month is a bonus. I like the clear backing because I'm a nerd and seeing the movement is cool. My kids like seeing the movement and if it peaked their interest in something mechanical, thats cool too.

The band is nice but very basic. I ordered a Seiko 5 series metal band from a website for $26 extra (not on amazon unfortunately) for easier on and off on the watch. The canvas band however does work just fine. My only complain about it is the two metal ovals that old the excess strap in place. The first one is fine but the one that can be moved can begin to hurt my wrist if the band is too tight (though it fits fine) because it pushes on my skin against my wrist bones below the strap. I'm wearing it a tad loose now and that issue is gone but is the primary reason why I bought the metal band.

The hands and numbers to glow in the dark and are quite bright. I hope the brightness stays as the watch gets older.

I don't have any fancy equipment to see how accurate the time is but so far I haven't noticed it losing or gaining seconds on me. I've had it a week and it still matches the time on my phone. The seconds are within 5 seconds of each other but I didn't match those up perfectly when I set the time either.

[[UPDATE]]

I've had the watch for 3 months now and it has started being very erratic on how well it keeps the time. Its been losing hours per day now and today it decided to jump ahead 8 hours. It has been quite accurate so I don't know why its started to act up. I wear it daily from when I wake up to when I go to bed. If it was only losing time I'd think it was because it wasn't moving enough and not winding itself but it has also humped ahead in time (date changed early is how I know). I initially bought this watch to see if I would get used to wearing a watch again because I was thinking of buying a Moto 360 smart watch when it releases. I rather enjoy wearing a watch again so I'll be buying the Moto 360 and sending this one off for warranty repair as a back up. I moved the rating down to 4 stars because of how 'wonky' its gotten.

ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX770 2GB GDDR5 256-bit, DVI-I/DVI-D/ HDMI/DP PCI-Express 3.0 SLI ready Graphic Card OC-selected 1110MHz core
Offered by OneDealOutlet Online
Price: $389.15
23 used & new from $229.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a nice card, April 30, 2014
Got the card, installed it and started tweaking. Overclocking went without issues. I know I can push it farther but decided to let it run for a while at 1175 GPU boost and 7700 Memory.

I upgraded form a GTX 570 and every game I play I can run at max settings now without so much as a hickup in performance. The area I am most impressed is the temperature it runs at. At idle, its running at 33°C. At full load it went no higher than 57°C. I ran 3DMark and it topped out at 75C on the most graphically intensive benchmark. But considering how benchmarks are designed to stress the card to its max, that was understandable. Also, the card is freaking quiet. I pushed the fan to 100% speed and it was way quieter than my GTX 570 was. Leaving the fan on auto, it was barely audible. Very happy with this card thus far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3