Profile for Jenelle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jenelle RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
3 Pair Super-wool Hiker GX Merino Wool Hiking Socks (Mens (8-12 Shoe), Gray)
3 Pair Super-wool Hiker GX Merino Wool Hiking Socks (Mens (8-12 Shoe), Gray)
Offered by Sox Shop
Price: $36.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as hiking socks, September 7, 2014
We used these socks in the summertime for hiking and they fit the bill. They fit perfectly, prevented blisters, and they wash well. I always hang dry them. My husband loved the comfort so much, he now wears these at work as a firefighter. He says they cushion well and make his boots more comfortable

Picnic Time Portable Ventura Reclining Seat (Red)
Picnic Time Portable Ventura Reclining Seat (Red)
Price: $49.97
9 used & new from $48.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Awkwardness, September 7, 2014
I purchased this chair to use as a stadium seat, as it came up on my search on amazon, and so I am reviewing it being used as such. However, when I received it, the packaging called it a "portable recreational recliner with armrests" with a lovely picture of a lady using one at the beach, and had no suggestion of using it as a stadium seat. So I'm sure this is not it's original and intended purpose. I've used the chair one time at a college football game:

This chair really is awesome with a few minor drawbacks.
It is 20 inches wide, so if using it on a bleacher seat, it may be too wide if your stadium only gives 18 inches of seat room. It is borderline too big for the stadium I use it in, but didn't cause too much concern.
I do have to pull the seat forward on the bleacher so I'm not invading the leg room of the person behind me.
When I stand up to cheer, the seat will sometimes fall back as there is not a way to secure it to the bleacher (one reason for dropping a star)- I may add a strap myself to prevent this from happening.
The fabric on the underside does give enough grip so the chair does not slide while sitting in it.
I am 5'4", 130 lbs and this chair is plenty roomy for me, same goes for my husband who is 5'11", 180 lbs.
I love how many reclining positions are available, as my back doesn't like sitting at a 90 degree angle. I only use one position down from 90 degrees as I feel any lower would be too much for those behind me, but it was enough for me to be comfortable.
It is well cushioned, surpassing my expectations, and I cannot feel any of the frame while sitting in it, and I never once felt uncomfortable while sitting through a 4 hr football game.
It lays flat for carry, which makes it HUGE and awkward to carry (another reason I docked a star). My husband uses the straps to backpack it into the stadium, but I can see stress on the stitching when used this way and I fear it will tear as some reviewers have said. While I appreciate the straps and I'm sure I'll use them when I need my hands free for whatever reason, I prefer to slide my hand in between the arm rest and the chair while flat and carry it at my side. My husband also had to tie the end of the adjustable straps into knots, as they can come undone easily and slip right through the plastic piece, requiring you to re thread them.

All in all, It's comforable to sit in, and my back didn't ache at the end of the game. It's definitely worth the size and the lack of a bleacher strap/hook on the bottom, and I do recommend purchasing it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2014 3:14 PM PDT

Three Tales of My Father's Dragon
Three Tales of My Father's Dragon
by Ruth Stiles Gannett
Price: $9.57
137 used & new from $1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Five year old adores it, May 21, 2014
Such a fun collection of books to read with my five year old son. He's giggled and it's had his imagination soaring. So glad I stumbled upon these books!

Sofia the First: The Floating Palace
Sofia the First: The Floating Palace
DVD ~ Ariel Winter
Price: $9.99
45 used & new from $5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars My girls love Sofia, May 21, 2014
My three year old girls love this episode. Awesome to have this show in the go to keep them entertained.

Sun Laboratories Tan Overnight Self Tanning Lotion 32 - Size-32 oz.
Sun Laboratories Tan Overnight Self Tanning Lotion 32 - Size-32 oz.
Offered by Treat-ur-Skin
Price: $51.20
10 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, May 21, 2014
More of a natural color, not orange at all! The instant tint does come off in the shower, but still my fav self tanner out there! Doesn't make me break out when I use it on my face, either.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, June 28, 2013
The case is very secure while on my phone, it doesn't "sag" anywhere off my phone which was an issue with my last case, and I have dropped it on asphalt once while this case was on and I'm very happy that no harm was done to my phone! The design is very cute and trendy and I get compliments all the time. Very happy with my case!

MoKo Slim Cover Case for Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ 9-inch tablet (Full HD Plus), BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep Feature)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, attractive case at a great price, January 27, 2013
My Nook HD+ fits snugly, the viewing angles are excellent when using the stand feature. I love the quality of the product. Much better looking than what BN had to offer! I recommend!

Baby Songs: Original
Baby Songs: Original
DVD ~ Hap Palmer Music
Price: $13.48
29 used & new from $2.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention keeper, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Baby Songs: Original (DVD)
My 3 year old son and 20 month old twin girls love this and ask for this all the time. The video is definitely dated, the songs get in my head all the time, but when I need a distraction for longer than 10 minutes for all 3 of my kids, this one is at the top of the list!

Our Best Bites: Mormon Moms in the Kitchen
Our Best Bites: Mormon Moms in the Kitchen
by Sara Wells
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: $19.43
55 used & new from $11.26

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Cookbook Thus Far, October 16, 2011
I bought this book after discovering the blog, and I am in love. I love to cook, and am always disappointed when I spend so much time prepping and cooking a meal, only for it to taste "OK". Every recipe I have tried has been fantastic; my husband has loved the meals, too. In fact, now when I make something spectacular, he asks if it's from "that blog". I especially like the Rollover Ingredient index so I can use up the rest of a particular ingredient.
At the very least, try out the blog and I PROMISE you'll want this little devil in your kitchen, ASAP!

Ju-Ju-Be Be Prepared Bag, Pretty Tweet
Ju-Ju-Be Be Prepared Bag, Pretty Tweet

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for multiples!, August 26, 2011
When my twins were born, my son was only 23 months and still in diapers, and was still in need of multiple diversional activities while out and about (IE Thomas the train, book, snacks, etc), so I knew I needed a BIG diaper bag. This is it! My twins are now 4 1/2 months and I couldn't have survived without this bag. I can currently fit 12 size 2 diapers, 3 pull ups, one of those 72 count wipe packages, a change of clothes for each twin, 2 9 oz bottles, can of formula (if needed), one sippy, one model-sized car, two toy trains, one board book, a couple ziploc baggies full of treats, plus all the toiletries needed for babies (nail clippers, diaper rash cream, lotion, etc) and still have room to spare. In the mommy pocket I can fit my wallet, sunglasses, pack of gum and cell phone and still have TONS of room left. The only time I'm able to pack it FULL is when we are leaving for a full day to an amusement park or the zoo and I pack more snacks and drinks than usual and throw in a couple muslin blankets as well.

This bag is definitely made of HIGH quality materials and I feel confident this bag will last me at least two years and it's plenty large to use as an overnight bag when a diaper bag is no longer needed.
The organization is awesome! Love all the little pockets inside to help keep things in order.
LOVE the changing pad- made of memory foam, nice and big,(I'm just a tad bit jealous of my girls).
It comes with the stroller straps, too!

The only cons I can think of are (which are pretty petty, in my opinion):
1. When purchasing the "Pretty Tweet" like I did, it's hard to differentiate between the "color coded" tabs inside, because they use the silver lining as a tab for one side and the bird print from the outside for the other, but it's mostly silver, so... they look the same. But no biggie, my girls are the same size so I don't have to use different size diapers.
2. I'm a leave-the-diaper-bag-open-for-easy-access kind of a girl, so when I leave the zippers open, they tend to slip down the side so it comes all the way open. Good thing there's fabric lining along the sides or I'd be losing everything as I go.
3. There is an open pocket between the mommy pocket and the main pocket, and you can close it with a snap. I find it hard to snap up and it comes open all the time on it's own. I wish it would close with their super-duper magnets like the one on my PackaBe. It bothers me a little, but not enough to change my mind about the bag.
4. Not really a con, but just a trade off with getting a big bag: the main compartment is BIG, so stuff can kind of get lost in the shuffle if you don't utilize all the little mesh pockets. I find myself re-organizing every time I leave the house. I like the light-colored interior for this reason. At least it isn't a big BLACK hole.
5. Also not really a con, but the crumb drain is in the pocket where you store your changing pad... I'm not putting any snacks in there, so why is it there instead of the main compartment? I don't get it.

Anyway, all in all, if you have multiples, or 3 in need of a diaper bag like me, GET IT. You won't regret it.

Page: 1 | 2