Profile for autodidactic > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

autodidactic RSS Feed (Chicago, IL United States)

Page: 1 | 2
New Chapter Every Woman's One Daily 40+ Multivitamin, 48 Tablets
New Chapter Every Woman's One Daily 40+ Multivitamin, 48 Tablets
Price: $26.47
16 used & new from $26.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Really high quality vitamin, giant pills, April 27, 2014
So this is a GREAT once a day and very high quality, and not upsetting to your stomach at all. Just be forewarned that these are HUGE horse pills; if you can't deal with that go with the multi-pill formulation.

Beyond Coastal Active Face Stick SPF 30 0.5-Ounce
Beyond Coastal Active Face Stick SPF 30 0.5-Ounce
Price: $7.94
8 used & new from $3.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Ingredient list incomplete, April 27, 2014
This contains a raft of chemical sunscreens that are not so amazingly good for you and to which I am allergic - none of which were listed on the ingredient list provided; that shows only the INACTIVE ingredients. If you don't care about stuff like avobenzone, go nuts, but I didn't keep this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2014 1:19 PM PDT

Western Chief Fire Chief Rain Boot (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),10 M US Toddler,Sunshine Yellow

3.0 out of 5 stars nice, but SO huge., April 27, 2014
These boots are very nice but they are comically oversized. My kid's in a half size so I ordered up thinking that they would last longer, as I have done with Kidorable boots... yeah, big mistake; he could have probably worn the half size DOWN for another year, and we lose boots at the park all the time (not fun on a rainy day!) They are otherwise quite nice - the yellow is a little more buttery than lemony, if you care about that sort of thing.

Even Firefighters Go to the Potty: A Potty Training Lift-the-Flap Story
Even Firefighters Go to the Potty: A Potty Training Lift-the-Flap Story
by Wendy Wax
Price: $7.99
124 used & new from $0.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a boy, April 27, 2014
good book! very cute and exciting for my kid. Big drawback: there is only one potty-going woman in the ENTIRE BOOK, the doctor - which is also one of the jobs least likely to be stereotypically filled by men in the whole book. The rest of the characters - construction worker, firefighter, policeman, etc etc - are male. If you have a boy, this is not a bad thing, but if I had a girl I would be sorely disappointed in the cartoon sausage party going on here.

The Shrunks Sleep Secure Inflatable Bed Rail
The Shrunks Sleep Secure Inflatable Bed Rail
Offered by Online Wagon
Price: $15.89
25 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, bedsheet has to be REALLY tight on the mattress, April 27, 2014
This thing worked great once we got it in place, but it was kind of difficult to get the bottom sheet tight enough that it didn't slip around (and, if the bedsheet got loosened, right off the top of the mattress.) It would be nice if they made something grippy to deal with this.

FlexaMed Arch Bandage (Pair)
FlexaMed Arch Bandage (Pair)
Offered by FlexaMed
Price: $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Uneven quality, April 27, 2014
This review is from: FlexaMed Arch Bandage (Pair)
I got two of these and one was REALLY tight, dangerously so, on either foot, while the other one felt good. They are basically just a little ring of really tight elastic, with a seam you can feel, and I found even the good one quite uncomfortable. I had purchased them for plantar fasciitis and if you are looking for something to treat that, really I would recommend getting the FS6 compression sleeves instead - they are much more effective for me and more comfortable than these.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 6:13 PM PDT

Orthaheel Vionic By Orthaheel Tideii Women Slide In Orthopedic Sandals (11 B(M) Us, Black)
Offered by Shoes, Boots, Sandals, Etc!
Price: $64.95
15 used & new from $54.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, hard to get sand out/off of them, April 27, 2014
I bought these to wear whenever I don't have normal shoes on, to help with my plantar fasciitis, and I would give them 5 stars for that - they're very comfortable and have helped a great deal; I haven't found a flip flop with better arch support. I was very skepticla of wearing a flip flop given how flat most of them are, even the good ones - but I was pleasantly surprised and they seem to be helping.

The only reason I'm giving them 4 stars is that I also wore them to the beach, and they get kind of gross when they're wet - it takes them longer than it should to dry out and then it's nearly impossible to get the sand completely off them. I've been back from the beach for three days and I cannot for the life of me get all the sand out of the soles, even with a stick.

Yellow Kids Umbrella - Pinch-Proof Easy Open & No Drip Cover
Yellow Kids Umbrella - Pinch-Proof Easy Open & No Drip Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids' umbrella, April 27, 2014
This umbrella is great! My kid who is just under 3 is able to open and close it by himself, without pinching his fingers ever, and no part of it is pointy enough to poke him in the eye or otherwise injure him the way virtually any other umbrella + toddler combo could do (even those geared toward kids.) Additionally, the built-in cover (which slides down from the top like a telescope) is awesome and keeps it from dripping indoors where you don't want it to drip. I wish adult umbrellas had one too. The whole thing is just sturdy and well made and great.

The only cons are that the telescoping cover are kind of huge and slightly disproportionate on the top - it would look better to finicky design-minded adults if the umbrella was more of a bubble shape or just larger/deeper generally - and the color is a bit more of a lemony/neon yellow than i care for - but seriously, your toddler will not care about any of that, they will be busy playing with their awesome new umbrella. I'm so glad that this is the one we picked.

Fire Engines Stickers (Dover Little Activity Books Stickers)
Fire Engines Stickers (Dover Little Activity Books Stickers)
by Steven James Petruccio
Price: $1.99
57 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., April 27, 2014
These are great. For $1.35-ish you really can't beat them - nice illustrations and, you know, exciting to 3 year olds. They make great party favors.

Smethport Create-a-Scene - Fire Fighters
Smethport Create-a-Scene - Fire Fighters
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $8.59
11 used & new from $3.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great idea and good for travel, but magnets could be a bit stronger., April 27, 2014
We bought this toy recently to bring on a plane trip. It did the job and my kid loves it, to the point where we have to hide it if we want him to do anything else 2 weeks later - BUT the magnetization of the board as well of the pieces is quite weak. It was a challenge to not lose pieces on our trip. It would be nice if it was either stronger magnetically speaking and/or if there was something to store the pieces in besides just sticking them to the board and folding them in half.

The illustrations are pretty good and the pieces are nice - more fire would be nice and there are 2 or 3 guys with hoses but only one water stream. But that said, they get bonus points for including a female firefighter, which is like a unicorn in firefighting toys, so go smethport!

Page: 1 | 2