Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Miranda Jardin > Reviews

Browse

Miranda Jardin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Miranda Jardin RSS Feed (Santa Cruz, CA United States)

Learn How to Blow Glass: Glass Blowing Techniques, Step by Step Instructions, Necessary Tools and Equipment.
by Anne Kramer
39 used & new from $14.56

1.0 out of 5 stars Well meaning effort - poorly executed, July 19, 2011
Unfortunately I cannot recommend this book (booklet is a more apt description). I would characterize it more as a glossary than a "how to" book. It has a total of 80 pages - each 5"x4", with lots of white space! Many pages are entirely taken up by one of the black and white photos that have no direct relationship to the topic being discussed around that page and have no explanatory text. The photos are of very poor quality, quite a few are photos of strands of industrially manufactured beads (?!)

If like me, you are interested in cane making - this is definitely NOT the book! It has a total of 1 1/4 5" pages on the subject!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Glass Artist's Studio Handbook: Traditional and Contemporary Techniques for Working with Glass (Studio Handbook Series)
by Cecilia Cohen
Price: $19.98
66 used & new from $8.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable glass book I own, July 19, 2011
I'm probably an intermediate glass crafter. I practice off and on for periods of time. I LOVED this book! EXCELLENTLY written, easy to read and very very clear instructions. Beautifully illustrated with excellent quality photos which are * useful * not just inspirational and directly related to the project.

Covers tools and studio organization with many useful tips on materials and organization. Has interesting and attractive projects in stained glass (most of the book) such as a kaleidoscope, boxes and panels , lampworking (recycled bottle beads), fusing (kinda boring project actually) a votive candle holder. I bought the book for two reasons: studio organization focus, and information on projects using recycled glass (beyond slumping a bottle to make a spoon rest). Have been delighted to find other techniques so well introduced - stained glass and lampworking primarily.

The author also has a website where she provides additional information such as glass fusing and annealing schedules as well as a Gallery of her works: [...]

I would have enjoyed a stained glass jewelry project(using silver wire?)such as she exhibits at her website. Overall a beautiful book, great fun. Recommended for anyone wanting a thorough intro to these 3 glass work techniques.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TABLE!, July 1, 2011
I love this table. Was recommended by a friend for use in my tiny, tiny cottage kitchen and it works extremely well.
Its attractive, sturdy, well finished, well priced and provides great functionality! The manufacturer also sells (separately) a set of casters and side accessory for hanging kitchen/cooking utensils.
Definitely recommend it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2016 5:27 AM PST

Elegant Home Fashions Neal Collection Mirrored Medicine Cabinet, White
Elegant Home Fashions Neal Collection Mirrored Medicine Cabinet, White
Price: $51.49
23 used & new from $51.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cabinet for small spaces!, July 1, 2011
I have the tiniest of bathrooms at the guest cottage where I'm staying! This cabinet has been a great addition - providing useful and attractive storage within a very small space! Love it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely built, easy to assemble, attractive and functional, July 1, 2011
I purchased two of these cabinets for a very tight space in a guest cottage where I'm staying - great product! They look better than I expected given the reasonable price, and had great assembly instructions. I'm very short of space and storage in the cottage and these have worked wonderfully. I have a bookshelf stereo which I keep on top. The middle section is tall enough to accommodate some bottles (see photos)and I really like the top arched design details. The glass on the doors is nicely textured and looks attractive.

StrengthsFinder 2.0
StrengthsFinder 2.0
by Tom Rath
Price: $15.29
2124 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliability over 4 years, July 24, 2010
This review is from: StrengthsFinder 2.0 (Hardcover)
Firstly I should say I found the results of the test to be reassuring although not surprising (I'm a mature adult). Secondly I like the "focus on the positive" aspect of the book's philosophy - that is: go with the strength, is a much more productive approach in my experience in business.

I took the test from the first edition of the book (Now, Discover your Strengths) four years ago, and just retook it from the more recent version of the book - Strengths Finder 2.0. Results: THREE out of my 5 top strengths were the same. Pretty good reliability it seems.

I recommend this to all who are interested in greater self-knowledge.