Profile for Oceanhexe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 112

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Oceanhexe RSS Feed (Gloucester, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Fossil Women's ES3625 Original Boyfriend Chronograph Leather Watch - Beige
Fossil Women's ES3625 Original Boyfriend Chronograph Leather Watch - Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous find!, October 12, 2014
I absolutely love this chrono watch by Fossil! It is sporty yet chic due to the soft beige leather strap. It wears comfortably and really looks great. I saw this watch in a magazine but the Fossil website did not have it so once again it was Amazon.com to the rescue!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite face mask, September 12, 2014
I had similar "rub-off" masks before from other cosmetic companies so I was familiar with how to use this type of product. It essentially works like a facial scrub except it is applied to the face like a mask, left to dry (5-10 minutes) and is then "gently" rubbed off, working almost like a rubber eraser on the skin. I like that it goes on smoothly and does not get so dry that my skin almost feels like it might crack. Unfortunately that pro may also be a con because it does not rub off well at all. I have tried it several times by changing the amount of product I used from applying a thin layer to using more for a thicker coating on the skin. It did not make a difference. Either way I had to rub much harder than I think is good for anyone's skin to get at least some of the mask off. The remainder washes off easily and my skin feels definitely smooth but looks a little "roughed up" too. I have mixed feelings and will probably stick with a traditional mild facial scrub.

The Summer Girls (Lowcountry Summer Trilogy)
The Summer Girls (Lowcountry Summer Trilogy)
by Mary Alice Monroe
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $21.73
8 used & new from $16.95

3.0 out of 5 stars A little cheesy, September 12, 2014
This book (I ordered the audio book) is a little cheesy and cutesy as far as writing style, theme and dialogues, but certainly entertaining and good for an easy summer read. I wish the author had given equal attention to each of the three Summer Girls but focused more heavily on the one, Carson, which I happened to find the least interesting.

Clarks Women's Orlena Currant Wedge Sandal,Tan,8 M US
Clarks Women's Orlena Currant Wedge Sandal,Tan,8 M US
Price: $60.56
4 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sandals!, September 12, 2014
I saw these sandals at a local store but the last pair in my size had discolorations so I went online to find one. It is an absolutely beautiful shoe with everything you would expect from Clarks as far as supreme comfort, true to size fit and high quality. There is nothing this color and style don't go with because the patent leather is a very chic shade of beige/nude. Even though these are sandals, I feel that they can easily be 3-season shoes, even here in the Northeast. They will also work for any occasion. Outstanding, I love them!

Sakroots Artist Circle Medium Satchel,Ochre Flower Power,One Size
Sakroots Artist Circle Medium Satchel,Ochre Flower Power,One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gorgeous!, August 19, 2014
This handbag is unique and has a wonderful array of colors within its beautiful design, making it suitable for all four seasons. I love the material which is durable and also wipes off easily. I have several pricey leather handbags but find that I am afraid to take them out in bad East Coast weather. This bag from Sakroots will be no problem in rain or snow at all. It is perfectly sized and fits comfortably over the shoulder without sliding off. The compartments inside allow for good organization of all the things I can't leave home without. I love it!

Waterpik Waterflosser Cordless PLUS
Waterpik Waterflosser Cordless PLUS
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $55.43
28 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied!, August 5, 2014
I chose the Waterpik Waterflosser over the product from Sonicare based on the customer reviews. It was a very good decision and my gums feel healthy and well taken care of. The gadget does not take up too much space on the bathroom counter and is very easy to use. My only (small) complaint would be that although the water reservoir seems big, it empties very fast because it sprays a lot of water, even on the low setting. I usually fill it twice more before I feel really finished. That being said though, even with 2 or 3 run-throughs, the process is still quicker and far more pleasant than using dental floss.

Bodyglide Original Anti-Chafe Balm, 1.5oz (Packaging May Vary)
Bodyglide Original Anti-Chafe Balm, 1.5oz (Packaging May Vary)
Offered by HDO Sport
Price: $9.99
30 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for chafed skin, August 5, 2014
I ordered this product for my husband who, although he is not overweight, kept complaining about chafing on his legs. He blamed it on his thighs rubbing together (they don't!) but I suspect that his jeans may have irritated the skin while running around in the summer heat. Whatever the problem might have been, Bodyglide Anti-Chafe Balm resolved it promptly. The product is long-lasting, unscented, and goes on smoothly without causing discomfort such as stinging or burning to irritated skin. My husband is very pleased with it.

Perfectly Miserable: Guilt, God and Real Estate in a Small Town
Perfectly Miserable: Guilt, God and Real Estate in a Small Town
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately not as expected, August 5, 2014
I was initially attracted to the setting of this memoir which is Concord, Massachusetts, and thought it would be a fun, gossipy kind of book about the author and the residents of this beautiful, old town. It was certainly well written, if a bit exaggeratedly sarcastic, and at times as entertaining as I had hoped. But for the most part it was a little too psycho-babble analytical about the author's Puritan roots, her parents and her childhood (which sounded okay to me), and how it affected her own parenting style. The frequent references to Marmee Alcott, Thoreau and Emerson somehow didn't seem relevant. Not my favorite book this summer.

Apache Mills 60-797-1573 Naturelles  Vintage Floral Peony Door Mat, 18-Inch by 30-Inch
Apache Mills 60-797-1573 Naturelles Vintage Floral Peony Door Mat, 18-Inch by 30-Inch
Price: $22.80
3 used & new from $19.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, exactly what I needed!, August 5, 2014
This door mat is exactly what I had wanted for (inside) my main entrance door which leads directly into the dining room. It is not easy to find just the right product because it needs to match my French decor as well as look "indoorsy" while still performing well in keeping wetness and dirt off the hardwood floor. This beautifully designed, high quality door mat is absolutely perfect! It is sturdy, does not slide around, and does not shed fibers like some mats tend to do. I love it (unfortunately so does my cat who has been occupying it ever since it arrived but that is another story).

The Sociopath at the Breakfast Table: Recognizing and Dealing With Antisocial and Manipulative People
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth my time, August 5, 2014
This book was a bit bland and dealt primarily with the reactions of people who found themselves in the crosshairs so to speak of sociopaths, how they got rid of the bad influence in their lives and how they recovered in the aftermath. The problem with that was that the featured stories were mostly brief and very vague; it was nearly impossible to figure out what the sociopaths actually did to these victims. Without fully disclosing what harm had come to them, giving a lengthy account of their recovery efforts really was not very beneficial. I specifically read this book for research purposes but found it pretty much useless.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2014 8:46 PM PDT