Profile for Jason Lewitinn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jason Lewitinn RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
PNY Turbo 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD128TBOP-GE
PNY Turbo 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD128TBOP-GE
Price: Click here to see our price
66 used & new from $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars First one Died in Two Days, Second Died In An Hour, March 19, 2015
Update 3/20/2015

I exchanged the one I originally bought for another, and unbelievably it died on me as well, this time within an hour. I got it home, connected it and wanted to do some testing on it. I transferred about 50GB of large video files, everything went super fast and smooth as can be. I tried copying a second batch of files, 50GB as well, and after the first 10GB it disappeared from my system, with Windows telling me that an error occurred. Now it is doing the same exact thing the original drive is doing, nothing. It won't even connect. I'm done, stay away from this drive as their is clearly something wrong with them.
____________________________________________
I bought this item in Best Buy, not that the place of purchase matters, but after 2 days it died on me. I should have suspected their was a problem when I first connected it to my desktop, it wasn't recognized, I figured it was seated wrong. When I unplugged and plugged it back in, it worked fine, I did a test transfer of a 4GB file and it went amazingly fast, about 125MB/sec. Then two days later, I plugged it into my laptop, and it asked me to format it (another red flag), the original test file was no where to be found. After the reformat, everything appeared fine so I transferred about 10GB of video files to the drive. It only transferred about 6GB and then disconnected and died. Neither of my computers would recognize the drive and after numerous attempts at troubleshooting I lost all hope in recovering the drive.

I've had dozens of USB drives over the past decade and surprisingly this is the first one that has ever failed on me. I guess it is better that it happened now when I could return it then later on when I would be SOL. I'll exchange it for a replacement as I do liked the speed and capacity for the price I got it for.

Koomus Magnetos Universal CD Slot Magnetic Cradle-less Smartphone Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 6+ 5 5S 5C 4 4S iPod touch, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 2 Note 3 Google Droid HTC GPS with Quick-snap technology
Offered by Koomus
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The only bad thing I can say about it is the range ..., March 18, 2015
I've been looking for a car mount for a while and decided to give this one a shot. I have iPhone 6 Plus and a 2012 Honda Civic, in case that helps anyone. The mount is much more stable than I thought it would be, especially given the weight of my phone. It doesn't move even on a bumpy road. The magnet is strong, but not so strong that it's hard to move the phone.

The only bad thing I can say about it is the range of the ball joint. My car's radio deck is tilted upward, when I set the joint to the most downward position it allows, it's still quite upward pointing. It is certainly still usable, and it's not really the fault of maker, just the weird combo of my cars design and the lack of "extended" movement of that joint. This would not be a problem on most regular cars out there.

Quick Detach Cam Lock QD Bipod Sling Adapter for Picatinny Weaver Rails
Quick Detach Cam Lock QD Bipod Sling Adapter for Picatinny Weaver Rails
Offered by Vidianna
Price: $13.99
8 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Impressed, December 26, 2014
I was actually surprised by the quality of the adapter for its price, it is very heavy duty. It mounted perfectly on my AR and attached my Harris bipod without issue. Its a sturdy and solid piece that should holdup for quite some time to come.

New 1,000 ft bulk Cat5e Ethernet Cable / Wire UTP Pull Box 1,000ft Cat-5e Style Grey ~ VIVO (CABLE-V001)
Offered by V I V O
Price: $47.99
3 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, December 26, 2014
I've ran tens of miles of this cable and it's great stuff. Not a single problem with it and it's inexpensive.

The only problem I've had is not with the cable itself, but with the box it comes in, occasionally it gets tangles within the box as its being pulled.

ASICS Men's GEL-Venture 4 Running Shoe,Charcoal/Carbon/Blue,10.5 4E US
ASICS Men's GEL-Venture 4 Running Shoe,Charcoal/Carbon/Blue,10.5 4E US

2.0 out of 5 stars Weird Arch, December 26, 2014
I was told Asics were great shoes and at $35 I figured I give them a shot. They fit my foot perfectly except for the arch.

For some reason the arch of the shoe, was towards the rear, pretty much right on the heal. Other than having pretty wide feet, I think they are rather normal. I've never encountered something like that in a shoe before. It actually made the shoe uncomfortable to stand in let alone walk in.

Size wise, they fit my feet perfectly. The 4E width was great. The comfort of the shoes left a lot to be desired.

Body Pillow Pillowcase 100% Cotton, 300 Thread Count Color: White
Body Pillow Pillowcase 100% Cotton, 300 Thread Count Color: White
Offered by AB Lifestyles Home
Price: $20.00
2 used & new from $20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, December 26, 2014
Not 300 thread count, on the packaging it even said 100. The pillowcase was a little bit softer than sandpaper.

Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 4 Bay 3.5" Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA, Support SATA 3 6.0Gbps hard drive transfer rate
Offered by Mediasonic Store
Price: $99.99
8 used & new from $85.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Everyone, December 26, 2014
I really wanted to like this device. It would have let me use a bunch of old 2TB hard drives that I had laying around to add to my HTPC. It worked and did what it said it would do. USB 3 transfer rates with the enterprise drives I used were around 150 MBps, which was pretty reasonable when transferring about 4TB of data.

I am more about function over form, the device is rather small and compact, which is nice. Not much bigger than the 4 drives it can hold. However, the front access panel is very poorly designed, and falls off rather easily. Its also easy to reattach, but it shouldn't happen at all. The LED lights can be overpowering especially in a dark room and when drive activity occurs. They can't be shut off or dimmed.

The thing I hated most about the enclosure was the single fan. Even when not in use, it sounded like a jet engine. I don't have sensitive hearing, but wow, this thing was loud. Even on the lowest setting, 3, it was overpowering. I went so far as to put the entire unit behind my media center to mute the sound and the LEDs, but I could still hear it, it was that loud. I use enterprise NAS boxes that aren't that loud and have a monster of a computer with 4 fans always running that I cant hear, I don't know why they couldn't have figured out something better for heat dissipation.

Overall, if the issues I had with the device don't matter to you, then by all means, go ahead and get one. For the price, its a pretty good deal and for the limited amount of use I gave it, it worked flawlessly. For my needs I couldn't justify it even at the $99 price.

Pro's:
Price
It does what it says it will do
Build quality (other than front access door)

Cons:
Extremely loud
LED's are overpowering especially when in use

Transcend 64GB MicroSDXC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter 45 MB/s (TS64GUSDU1E)
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $21.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!!!, August 22, 2014
Very fast transfer speeds. After using this I will never go back to SanDisk, even their top of the line cards are slow as can be, just like their USB drives.

Brother Printer MFC7860DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
Offered by etrader2008
Price: $361.99
65 used & new from $153.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Every Time, August 22, 2014
We have many of these units at many different locations. Over the years non have caused any issue and are very reliable. The software is easy to use even for the most anti-tech users.

Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K)
Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K)
Price: $6.99
80 used & new from $3.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device, August 22, 2014
Not much to say about this device other than it works as described.

Page: 1 | 2