Profile for W. Moore > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Moore RSS Feed (Chicago)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Light Grenades
Light Grenades
Price: $7.29
162 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, August 9, 2007
This review is from: Light Grenades (Audio CD)
Wow this new Maroon 5 album is intense. Is this really the same band that put out S.C.I.E.N.C.E? You can say this band has matured.. I really just call it the biggest sell out in the history of rock. Congrats guys.. Loved the latest Gap commercial Brandon.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 1:20 PM PDT

HELLYEAH
HELLYEAH
Price: $6.50
67 used & new from $1.59

2.0 out of 5 stars R.I.P. Dime, April 13, 2007
This review is from: HELLYEAH (Audio CD)
I have nothing but the upmost respect for Vinnie Paul. It eats me up that he chose this project as his comeback to music. I can't think of a musician that wouldn't have jumped at the chance to be in a band with him. (Zakk Wylde, Maynard James Keynan, hell even Matt Heafy are a few names that come to mind) I respect what Mudvanye does. They have a formula. Not exactly my cup of tea, but it works and it sells records. So why this collaboration? why now? I can't figure it out. Glen Tribot and (insert nothingface guitarist name here) are not even in Dimebag's shadow. Their riffing doesn't do Vin's playing any justice and it shows right off the bat. The only part of this album where I hear any real connection is when Vinnie is playing the snare and high hat in 4/4. Terrible waste of such an amazing talent. As for the vocals... some of the screaming works, nothing special, just kinda sounds like Mudvayne. But on the slower country influenced songs, I fight every urge to smash this cd into a million pieces.

Vinnie Paul, please find yourself musicians at your skill level and leave the amaeturs in your wake...

If you like Mudvayne and enjoyed Damageplan... you will still probably be disapointed with this cd.

If you are expecting Pantera, as some of these reviews will lead you to believe.. well go throw on Trendkill and feel privelaged that you were able to experience metal at its finest.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2008 6:12 PM PST

Threads of Life
Threads of Life
64 used & new from $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars What's going on?, April 9, 2007
This review is from: Threads of Life (Audio CD)
I was expecting Shadows Fall to break free from the trend of this year. They did nothing close to it. The trend I'm talking about is great bands putting out sub-par uninspiring albums. Mastodon, Lamb of God and Trivium all had big follow ups to put out and all of which fell short of achieving anything comparable to earlier works. (in my opinion anyways). If you were disappointed with The Crusade, Sacrament or Blood Mountain then you wont be too fond of this. If you like this new direction then dive right into this album. As for me, I like Threads of Life but it's forgettable. I said that about all the afore mentioned albums and all of which are now collecting dust in my closet. Blah.. Someone point me towards something good please.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2007 8:13 PM PDT

This Right Here Is
This Right Here Is
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $14.43
28 used & new from $1.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Hits..... Not so Great, January 6, 2007
This review is from: This Right Here Is (Audio CD)
Buck 65's breakthrough album. Yes, this is a collection of all his best work from the past few years. The vision and unique country/electronic/rap style is still here but he went and changed all of his original music around. An album of remixed work is what this is, and to be totally honest I like every original version better. If you hear this and like it, I urge you to work backwards and seek out Vertex, Man Overboard, Language Arts and all the original releases. I know they are hard to find, (I actually found all of them at the Rhymesayer's Fifth Element store in Minneapolis) but the original versions of "Pants on Fire" "463" and "The Centaur" are more than worth the search.

Crusade
Crusade
Price: $5.99
111 used & new from $0.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Lick my Love Pump, October 31, 2006
This review is from: Crusade (Audio CD)
I really think these guys take more influence from Megadeth than Metallica. Anyways this album is damn cool. Not as good as Ascendancy but still better than most of the crap out there. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because Matt Heafy can't write lyrics to save his life. "For Your Honour..You will slaughter.. Everyone of Your Daughters" Come on, just because verses rhyme doesn't mean they belong together in a song. Whatever, buy it anyways. My favorites are Ignition, Detonation, And Sadness Will Sear, To the Rats, The Crusade, Contemption Breeds Contamination, and Becoming the Dragon.

Buried in the Front Yard
Buried in the Front Yard
13 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Thrash at its finest, May 18, 2006
The other night I was walking back to my dorm room and across the hall from me I heard the thumping double bass and shredding guitar work of what I now know was the track "Grab a shovel, We've got bodies to bury" I had to investigate what this was... As fate would have it the only other metal head on our entire campus lives right across the hall from me. He told me the band was called Rumplestiltskin Grinder.. after I stopped laughing histarically I made him put on the whole cd... I was impressed enough to go out the next day and buy the damn thing. I like all brands of metal, but my true passion is mid 80's thrash. Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Anthrax and Exodus are my favorites bands. Rumpelstilskin Grinder clearly is influenced by these bands but they throw in a touch of Obituary/Mastodon to create a sound that is all their own. I struggle to accept alot of bands that come out today. Weeding through alot of the crap (cough cough As I Lay Dying, couch) I feel it is hard to find good metal. If you are a fan of vintage thrash or the band Mastodon you will like this alot.. To be totally honest I think this is what Mastodon tried to do and just fell short of doing.

Dream Theater - Live at Budokan
Dream Theater - Live at Budokan
DVD ~ Dream Theater
Price: $14.99
56 used & new from $0.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a question, May 10, 2006
This DVD is incredible... One thing that is troubling to me though is Petrucci's guitar on this, particularly on the last song "In the name of God" I can not even hear it. Is this just my copy or was his guitar lower than everyone else on the stage?? (which is an outrage if it is true)

St. Anger
St. Anger
Offered by DJ-MEGGASOUNDS
Price: $17.51
145 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid like the plague, April 17, 2006
This review is from: St. Anger (Audio CD)
let me beat a dead horse here.. this album sucks my bucking falls

Come Clarity (Bonus Dvd) (Spec) (Dig)
Come Clarity (Bonus Dvd) (Spec) (Dig)
Price: $18.99
15 used & new from $6.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid return to form, February 7, 2006
This is a solid 9th effort from the pioneers of the Sweedish Melodic death scene. After venturing away to the comercially popular but still solid likeness of "Reroute to Remain" and the sub par "Soundtrack to your Escape" In Flames has made somewhat of a return to their roots. I say "somewhat" for a few reasons. First of all, the singing vocals that resembled Jonahtan buttpirate Davis that were present most notably on the flop of a song "The Quiet Place" are gone. Aside from the title track, he only resorts to this a few times, and for the most part it is somewhat tollerable. Secondly, the guitarists have returned to the form of old harmonizing solos and massively smooth riffage. Some would dissagree with me that the last album had this powerful onslaught of guitar work, but I thought it was missing on Soundtrack. On a whole I'd have to say its good to have the guys back. Highlights on this album include the powerful opener, "Take this Life" the melodic "Reflect the Storm" the Claymanish, "Pacing Death's Trail" the instrumental closer, "Your bedtime story is scaring everyone" the ball buster, "Versus Terminus" and the brilliant "Dead End" featuring a certain female vocalist that most of you will recognize. (Trust me it works very well.) The only song that disapointed me greatly was the title track, "Come Clean" which had "Moonshield" writen all over it until the vocals came in. This is all and all a very good album and is worth checking out. Can't wait to see these guys with Trivium at the House of Blues

Live From Mt Fuji
Live From Mt Fuji
4 used & new from $14.50

3.0 out of 5 stars A Drunk, a Pervert, a Junkie, and a Womanizer, February 7, 2006
This review is from: Live From Mt Fuji (Audio CD)
I really do hate to give this album less than 5 stars but the vocal production on this is very bad. You can hear the intensity that any Gwar concert goer would expect, but it sounds like the guy sitting in the front row held his tape recorder up and shielded the blood to make a half ass recording. MAGGOTS!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3