Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Sarah Jones > Reviews

Browse

Sarah Jones' Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sarah Jones RSS Feed

Wonder
Wonder
by R. J. Palacio
Price: $9.75
319 used & new from $3.39

1,150 of 1,181 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars My son is like Auggie and this book is incredible., March 17, 2012
This review is from: Wonder (Hardcover)
My 5th grader has craniofacial anomalies and I feel that this book could not have been better written. RJ Palacio caught Auggie's voice so well and captured his challenges and strengths so beautifully that I still can't believe that she doesn't have a child who is living this life. I'm not going to try to summarize the story as many other reviewers have done that - I just want to talk about the emotional resonance of the work.

The sheer truth of Auggie's journey is what meant the most to me. There are so many small moments that struck me to the core - e.g. Auggie's feelings about Halloween, the way Auggie has an easier time when his classmates understand that there's more to him than his face, Auggie's struggle to move past his need for coddling, even the food that Auggie eats. The most emotional moment for me came toward the end of the book when Auggie's father tells him that he loves the way Auggie looks, because that it exactly how my husband and I feel about our son.

I wish that everyone would read this book, because it will help them understand the humanity of my son and everyone like him.
Comment Comments (23) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2015 3:00 PM PST