Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Profile for Desert Rat > Reviews

Browse

Desert Rat's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Desert Rat RSS Feed (Tucson, AZ, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Liquid Hand Soap Refills, Geranium, 34-Fluid Ounces (Pack of 6)
Offered by HeredomUs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fragrance, October 30, 2012
Its not easy to find a hand soap that's not billed as anti-bacterial. We have a septic system, so try to avoid antibacterials. I buy this by the case! Beautiful but subtle fragrance, nice feel, and it has the consistency that works well in my automatic soap dispensers.

Messermeister Pro-Touch Fine Edge Swivel Peeler, Green
Messermeister Pro-Touch Fine Edge Swivel Peeler, Green
Price: $10.00
4 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The best costs the least!, October 30, 2012
I just wanted to buy a new blade for my Oxo peeler, but theyre hard to find--only found it on the Oxo site, and shipping was more expensive than a new peeler (guess thats why our landfills are filling up). Cooks Illustrated rated this peeler the best, so I decided to give it a try. Loved it so much, I ordered a second one--for a gift, or to keep for when the original's blade dulls.

Chef Paul Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning, 24-Ounce Canisters (Pack of 2)
Chef Paul Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning, 24-Ounce Canisters (Pack of 2)
Offered by FSN
Price: $36.95
3 used & new from $36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tasty Spice Cabinet Staple, April 11, 2012
This is a must-have for me. I use it as a rub, mostly for chicken, despite the fact that it's marketed for fish. Using it as a rub, it's easy to blow-through a standard sized jar pretty quickly, so I was happy to find that I could buy a canister instead of relying on the grocery store spice jar size. I've been using it for years, and, despite trying other brands in a pinch, I haven't found any cajun spice blend that even comes close to this one.

Dilmah Tea, Earl Grey Tea, 20-Count Foil Wrapped Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Dilmah Tea, Earl Grey Tea, 20-Count Foil Wrapped Tea Bags (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tea, April 11, 2012
I first tried this tea on a cruise in the Greek Islands. I liked it so much that I took a tea bag home so that I could try to find it. Was happy to find it on Amazon, and at a reasonable price. Nice, full flavor, with good balance of tea and bergamot aroma. Nice, too, that every cup reminds me of that great trip :).

ECCO Women's Cusco Mid GTX Hiking Boot,Tarmac/Warm Grey/Navajo,39 EU (US Women's 8-8.5 M)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hiking Boots I've Ever Had!, April 11, 2012
The price was hard to swallow, but now I can't believe that I went so long with uncomfortable boots :( before purchasing these. I'd buy them again in a second (but they're wearing well, so it might be awhile before i need to).

FoodSaver Rectangular Canister with Bonus Cheese Grater
FoodSaver Rectangular Canister with Bonus Cheese Grater
Price: $19.99
8 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extends berry freshness, April 11, 2012
Had a 1.5 quart like this for a couple of years, so when it cracked, I really wanted a replacement with the same type of cover. Most FoodSaver canisters don't have the side clips on the cover that this (and my old smaller version) have. It's nice because they hold the cover on even if someone neglects to seal it. I store washed blueberries in it. Washed, dried and sealed in this container with a dry piece of paper towel, they last through the week, fully fresh. (I don't use the grater, so can't speak to its utility).

Comfort Research 4-Feet Diameter Large Fuf Chair Red Twill
Comfort Research 4-Feet Diameter Large Fuf Chair Red Twill

4.0 out of 5 stars Great dorm lounger!, October 26, 2010
I bought this to ship directly to my daughter at her freshman dorm. When we moved her in, I could see she needed a chair (both she and her roommate had lofted their beds, so there was empty floor space *and* the beds couldn't be used as seating). Didn't find a chair while we were there, but I found this when I got home. It seemed perfect, so I had it shipped directly there. My daughter and her roommate--and everyone else in the hall--love it! It's perfect: so inviting that all of her new friends congregate in her room to lounge and chat :). The chair often is "loaded-up" with 2-3 people. Luckily, the wireless Internet connection in her room is sub-optimal, or they'd never leave!

Pros: comfy, huge, nice bright red color, shipped on- time and delivered to the dorm room door (free with my Amazon Prime membership)

Cons: doesnt look at all like the photo -- its a pancake! I visited for parents' weekend last week (after it had been there for about 3 weeks) and saw that it has flattened out and spread to cover 4-5 ft. She/they still love it, but I would have hoped it would hold a shape of a sort...

Dr. A's Habits of Health: The path to permanent Weight Control and Optimal Health
by Wayne Scott Andersen
Price: $24.00
334 used & new from $2.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical plan for lifelong healthy eating, September 26, 2010
This book repeats itself a bit, but, ultimately, it explains a lifetime healthy eating program that makes sense.

It explains a lot about food intake, metabolism and health, then describes a multi-phase eating and lifestyle plan that starts with weight loss and moves to lifelong healthy habits. Good stuff. While the weight loss portion of the plan is based on meal replacement products that are marketed by a company by which the author is employed, he includes food guidelines and techniques for people who prefer not to use the products. That shows integrity, and gives his whole plan credibility. I've been on the weight loss plan, under the guidance of a trainer, for just short of 2 weeks now (using the products), and am happy with it. The book helps, as I keep going back to it for support info.

P.S. Medifast, the company that sells the meal replacement foods sells the book as well, but at a slightly higher price, and their shipping is slow as molasses!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2012 10:59 AM PST

Leifheit Quartett Over-the-Door Clothes Drying Rack
Leifheit Quartett Over-the-Door Clothes Drying Rack
Price: $16.99
20 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Dorm laundry Accessory, September 26, 2010
Bought this for my daughter to use in her college dorm room to hang the few things that she can't put in the dryer. It's a little bit flimsy, but well-designed. I'd stick to hanging lighter items on it (no jeans). The adjustable door hangers work well to accommodate differen sized doors. Set to its narrowest, and with a little bit of bending (sometimes flimsiness is an asset), we made it fit over a 1x4 ladder slat on her lofted bed. A convenient place to use it when she needs it. When not in use, it stores away easily, too.

Rachael Ray Stoneware 4-Quart Covered Bubble and Brown Casseroval Casserole, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars I want one!, January 31, 2010
I bought this as a gift for my sister who told me she had seen and liked it. I loved it so much that I wanted one. Nice style, and she said it's great to use. If it cam in red, I'd be all over it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2010 12:57 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3