Profile for Keith Hagel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Keith Hagel RSS Feed (Minot ND)

Page: 1 | 2
Basic Beat 4.7  Black Cowbell
Basic Beat 4.7 Black Cowbell
Offered by West Music
Price: $16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 9, 2014
This review is from: Basic Beat 4.7 Black Cowbell
Need moar cowbell? This gives you moar cowbell. Don't need moar cowbell? I'd maybe skip this.

360' Rotary Backpack Hat Rec-Mounts Clip Fast Clamp Mount for GoPro Hero 2 3 3+
360' Rotary Backpack Hat Rec-Mounts Clip Fast Clamp Mount for GoPro Hero 2 3 3+
Offered by mankeyking
Price: $6.99
22 used & new from $2.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for what it is, December 9, 2014
Works great for what it is. Clips onto clothing or backpack straps great. Will not clamp onto a guitar headstock, which is what I was hoping, but still works well.

BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (6 Feet)
BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (6 Feet)
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $14.99
12 used & new from $6.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Way cheaper than anything at Best Buy. Works with a Go Pro Hero 3, December 9, 2014
Solid HDMI cable. Way cheaper than anything at Best Buy. Works with a Go Pro Hero 3. Just grab one.

Surge Citrus Flavored Soda 16fl oz. 12 cans
Surge Citrus Flavored Soda 16fl oz. 12 cans
Offered by GradePrice
Price: $41.95
82 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Every sip is like ambrosia, every empty can is like the death ..., December 8, 2014
I haven't slept in 8 days, but Dave keeps telling me that's normal. Every sip is like ambrosia, every empty can is like the death of a loved one. Surge is life. Hail Fanfar.

Schaller Guitar Strap Locks and Buttons (Pair) Nickel
Schaller Guitar Strap Locks and Buttons (Pair) Nickel
Offered by Music123
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $12.56

5.0 out of 5 stars I've used these on every electric guitar I've owned for ..., December 8, 2014
I've used these on every electric guitar I've owned for the past 10 years or so. My only problem used to be that I preferred using longer screws to give it a bit more security, but now they actually come with two screw lengths. Never had one fail on me yet. I've tried the Dunlop ones, but they always seemed a bit harder to get attached right, and to me, pulling on em to unlock, is more secure than pressing a button. Unless you've got an SG or a guitar where the strap button is on the back of the guitar, I don't think you can go wrong with these.

Kuzy - AIR 13-inch Teal / Turquoise Hot BLUE Rubberized Hard Case Satin for NEW Apple MacBook Air 13.3" (A1369 and A1466) Aluminum Unibody SeeThru Cover
Offered by KUZY
Price: $19.99
7 used & new from $11.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy if you're a mac person, September 24, 2014
Purchased this for a friend. She loves it and is now recommending these to everyone who has a Mac Book. Appears well constructed. Great buy if you're a mac person.

Sony BDPS3200 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi
Sony BDPS3200 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi
Price: $78.00
75 used & new from $43.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be the standard, June 21, 2014
First non PS3 Blu Ray player I've bought. It still has the Sony XMB interface so I'm used to how it looks. Has wireless so you don't have to worry about putting updates on a flash drive. Can stream Netflix and various other streaming services on it. Really what the standard should be.

Call of Duty: World at War Greatest Hits - Playstation 3
Call of Duty: World at War Greatest Hits - Playstation 3
Offered by eknight-media
Price: $37.99
166 used & new from $6.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Treyarch Manages to Pull it Off, January 8, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well, after hearing all of the negative views from people about Treyarch doing another Call of Duty game, you'd think that this game would be a completely unplayable pile of crap. But after playing the game, I honestly can't see what people were so worried about. Did you like Call of Duty 4? Then you're going to like this game. You may not feel it's worth $[...] for WWII skins, a new story mode, and (almost) the exact same multiplayer as Modern Warfare, but I feel like it's been money well spent. (POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILERS)

The campaign mode is incredible. I love that they actually used real life campaigns and even footage from those campaigns to try to show you what it was like. And you can obviously tell that Treyarch did their homework. Everything in the game looks incredible, from the bombed out ruins of a Russian City, to the islands in the Pacific, everything looks great. It is a little different getting used to the older weapons, no laser sights and all, but once you get used to it it's really not bad. You will recognize some of the mission types, there is a sniper level and there is a gunner on a plane level, but both are different enough that they don't just feel like a rehash. I gotta admit, I'm not a big fan of the tank level, it feels to slow and clunky for me when I'm used to COD being so run and gun, but maybe that's just me. One thing that bugged me was the collision detection seemed a bit off. There were a couple of times when I got stuck in branches or in holes on the ground and had to wait to die cause I couldn't move anywhere.

The COD multiplayer returns in all of it's glory. Most of the perks from the previous iteration return in some form or another, and there are a handful of new ones. It is interesting how instead of doing helicopter strikes and such they put in dogs instead. Honestly, I think those things keep me on my toes more than enemy players. The maps really give you room to spread out to find a hiding position, but there are some that are small enough that you can get yourself an old school bloodbath going if that's what you want.

One thing about the story, I know that COD4 took the storytelling to a whole new level, but honestly, it seems like every mission someone either dramatically gets killed or you are seemingly killed. Your Russian character in the game is captured and/or nearly killed in every freakin mission. I realize WWII was dangerous, but not every moment had a stunning back from the dead victory. And the Zombie mode, I HATE the Zombie mode. I'm fine with survival horror/zombie games...but I honestly don't think it mixes well with COD. I guess when I pop one of these games in I'm looking for my run and gun, practically limitless ammo experience...not saving every bullet and running around in a small room waiting to die. Maybe it's just not for me.

All in all, I'd give it 4.5 stars. It's an awesome return to the Call of Duty franchise that really earns it's stars. I know a lot of people have bad memories from Treyarch's last COD, but considering they basically just used what Modern Warfare had and built on it, it really can't be that bad. Although I will admit that I just got into FPS' and Call of Duty through Modern Warfare so I haven't had time to get sick of WWII shooters. Either way, it's a great game, and a really cinematic way to (kind of) experience some of the battles of WWII. And the Multiplayer is still some of the best in the business. Unless you think of it as a WWII skin for COD4, there's really not a good reason for you not to get this.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - Playstation 3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - Playstation 3
Price: $14.96
118 used & new from $8.92

3.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Rental...Maybe a Buy With a Lowered Price, November 21, 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
So I'm a massive DC comics fan, but never have been a big fan of Mortal Kombat. I was still a fairly young kid when the games first came out in the arcade and on the SNES/Genesis, so the parentals tried to make sure that I didn't really get exposed to it. I still knew of it and played it at my friend's houses. It was generally fun, and Sub-Zero and Scorpion were awesome, but I never really got the hang of it or considered it much fun. Of course, if you remember the Justice League: Task Force game for SNES, it was basically just a MK clone with DC characters. And I LOVED that game, so maybe it was just a matter of having the game.

Fast Forward 10 years or however many it's been, Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe is out, and I'm skeptical. For one thing, it's DC characters. Truth, Justice and the American Way versus "Finish Him, Brutality," and spines being ripped out. Riiiiight. But based on a review from IGN's Greg Miller, I gave it a rental.

It's honestly not bad.

I'll be honest, I have not played a Mortal Kombat game since the 3rd one, and had never payed attention to the story. So the bad taste that the 3D ones have left for everyone was non-existant for me. But as far as fighting games go it's pretty solid. The controls are pretty standard. Up for Jump, down to duck, face buttons to attack, and shoulder to block, as well as the analog stick for 3d movement (I didn't use this much, but the mechanic works well enough unless you're a fan of projectile attacks). The Free-Fall combat, sorry Kombat, works alright, and the test your might mini games are fun. But the real deal for me was the close Kombat mechanic. It's awesome seeing the in depth brutal moves, especially when their uniforms rip and tear (Scorpion's mask falls off, awesome). Hardcore fighting fans will get a kick out of the character specific challenges that require precise timing to pull off expert moves. I personally couldn't do a single one, but seeing some of them against people online really knocked my socks off.

A Side note: If you own both consoles, I'd really recommend the PS3 version. Not for any reason other than the 360 d-pad really isn't well suited for this game (or really any game that uses the d-pad). After playing on both consoles most of the people I know prefer the PS3 one for this reason only. But it's really a matter of choice for you.

The storyline isn't anything to write home about, but it's MK vs DCU, what are you expecting? They did get some of the talent from DC to try to assemble a story so it's not horrible. The characters generally act like you'd expect them to (although I can't see any set of circumstances that would make Batman and the Joker allies). And the online component is there. Trophies also make an appearance if you're into that sort of thing, and they're generally fairly easy to get.

So is MK vs. DC a great game? No, it's not more than a rental right now. But it's a fun rental, and as soon as it comes down in price I'd definetely recommend it as a budget beat-em-up for you and your friends. If nothing else, you can just play as your preffered side and either have an interesting 3d remake of the older MK characters, or a DC fighting game. Not bad considering how horrible it could have been.

And yes, Superman can be hurt. Why? Because he's vulnerable to Kryptonite and.....MAGIC! The story should explain the rest.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2008 10:47 AM PST

LEGO Batman - Playstation 3
LEGO Batman - Playstation 3
Offered by Game Express Online
Price: $18.49
47 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars For Batman fans and their spouses (or kids), November 2, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
So I'm a gigantic Batman nerd, and I've enjoyed the Lego games quite a bit so far. The two Lego Star Wars games (and by extension the complete saga) were a fantastic mix of puzzling, platforming, and action. They even managed to throw in Legos and Star Wars, I don't know how you could not enjoy those games. Lego Indy was alright as well, but something about it just didn't sit right with me, but after seeing the original trailer for Lego Batman I knew I was going to love it, and Traveler's Tales seems to love proving me right.

First off, the gameplay. If you're looking for some new and groundbreaking game mechanics then...why are you even looking at this game? It's the same basic control scheme as the others. Punch, jump, build, and switch characters are basically the only controls. You can however throw batterangs by holding down the punch button (a very cool addition). And you can acquire all sorts of new abilities by switching suits. There's a glide suit, bomb suit, heat suit. Just about anything the old 60's batman comics had, you'll find it here folks. Playing as the villains is also fun, as each one seems to have some sort of unique ability that will probably have you laughing so hard you'll fall off the couch. Yes the camera can get off sometimes, and lead to some needless deaths, but it's not as if you get some sort of major penalty for dying in this game.

And the controls are so accessible, if you're looking for some way to get your non-gaming significant other into gaming, the lego series is the best way to do it, bar none. Generally I'm pretty alone in my love for my consoles, but I pop in Lego Batman (or Star Wars) and all of a sudden my fiance, brother, nephews, neices, parents are all fighting for the controllers. It's the weirdest feeling to be kicked off your controller by people who said you wasted your money on a console, but it's a gratifying one nonetheless.

And for the nerds, let's see here. It's an original Batman "story." Ok, it's not really a story per say, but it's not based on any specific movie or comic storyline. And it while it doesn't fit into any sort of timeline, the number of characters in it will blow your mind. Barbara Gordon Batgirl? Check. Nightwing? Check. Alfred? Checkidy Check! And for those of us who grew up watching the old Tim Burton movies, the original score from the first movie is used as the soundtrack. Awesome little details really make this game.

So if you love old school platforming, get it. If you like Batman, get it. If you've enjoyed the previous lego games, get it. If none of the above applies to you...well...I dunno what to tell ya. But for everyone else, you will not be dissapointed. Well worth it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2009 9:25 AM PDT