Profile for Erik Klaproth > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Erik Klaproth "BMWrider2003" RSS Feed (Canton Ga)

Taylor 7548 Digital Lithium Tempered Glass Scale
Taylor 7548 Digital Lithium Tempered Glass Scale
2 used & new from $57.99

1.0 out of 5 stars good scale, LOUSY warranty, January 10, 2010
Although this scale worked well at first, one LARGE reason for buying it was the large print on the package screaming "LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!". It turns out that when (not IF) it gives up, you must send it in to Taylor, and after a month of waiting for a new one to return, I am giving up and buying another brand, which is no doubt how they afford to provide such a warranty.It cost more than 30% of the cost of the scale to return it. Worthless!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2010 8:21 AM PST

Battery Tender 800 Waterproof 12V Battery Charger
Battery Tender 800 Waterproof 12V Battery Charger
Price: $32.99
125 used & new from $28.26

1.0 out of 5 stars Good charger, BADDDDDD warranty, November 29, 2009
When my Deltran Battery Tender gave up after one and a half years, I , luckily, had the original receipt and paperwork, so called them for a return authorization. It turns out that it DOES have a warranty, but you have to pay $25.00 for "processing", which is a large percentage of the cost of a new unit.

I threw mine away, and bought a competitor's unit.

GE Silicone II Clear Kitchen Sealant, 10.1-Ounce Cartridge #GE5040
GE Silicone II Clear Kitchen Sealant, 10.1-Ounce Cartridge #GE5040
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $11.55
16 used & new from $5.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!! close to use by date? don't try it!, November 19, 2009
As a small contractor, I use a lot of different caulks, and GE silicones , although pricey, are usually my choice for my clients.

That is, until lately, when i did a replacement on a vanity, sinks, and countertop. I applied the caulk as normal, but it NEVER HARDENED!

The client was very dissatisfied, although it was beyond my control, and i had to spend a half day cleaning out all the old caulk, and re-caulking it with a competing brand.

I did write to GE who told me it was "Normal" for it not to harden if it was close to its expiration date (this had a month left) and basically told me they had no interest in backing up their faulty product.

Will I buy it again? NO.

Price: $13.98
2 used & new from $13.98

1.0 out of 5 stars check for "use by" date..GE does not!, November 18, 2009
This review is from: Silicone Ii Kitchen & Bath Sealant
I don't mind paying for good quality when I buy supplies for my business..so i was really surprised when I got a call from a client who I had just installed a new vanity, countertop, and sinks for, that " the caulk never hardened!".

I went to the site, and sure enough, the caulk was the same (after 5 days) as when it came out of the tube. I cleaned it all out, and cleaned the area with alcohol, and a mild solvent, and re-applied a competing brand. Sure enough, it was fixed.

I wrote to GE, who informed me that there was "nothing wrong" with the caulk, it was merely " near its expiration date" and sometimes "it won't harden when it gets close to that".

So, here I am...out a half day's work, and the amount I paid for a "premium" caulk, which failed miserably, as well as being told there is NOTHING WRONG with it. Hm...something seems amiss here...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2010 10:01 AM PST

Taylor 7014B Lithium Digital Scale, Black
Taylor 7014B Lithium Digital Scale, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Lifetime warranty? Bahh!, November 18, 2009
Bought one of these two years ago, and although the readings were slightly inconsistent, it was accurate enough to measure body weight (+- 2 lbs). It quit, and after installing a new battery, it was still not working. I wrote the company, who said that , to get service required that i package it, send it back, and hope!

After spending $11.00 to send it back, (on a 19.99 unit), i am a little upset...kinda ruins the idea of a "Lifetime Warranty", doesn't it? After seeing this marked all over the outside of the package, i wonder how many people just give up and DON'T send it back? Another win for Taylor!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2010 8:08 AM PST

Taylor 7329 Low Priced Digital Scale with Non-Slip Mat
Taylor 7329 Low Priced Digital Scale with Non-Slip Mat
Price: $17.99
45 used & new from $17.07

1.0 out of 5 stars piece of crap..avoid like the plaque!, November 18, 2009

Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2012 8:03 AM PST

25 Dishwasher Rack TINE Repair Caps - (WHITE)
25 Dishwasher Rack TINE Repair Caps - (WHITE)
Offered by RusSan Enterprises, LLC
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to install, looks good so far!, September 23, 2009
Wife was after me to find some of these..saw them in another place, and noticed they might look good in our dishwasher, which had a few tips missing. I ordered them and they came promptly. I installed them with epoxy, and the install took only minutes. Good product, cheap price.

PORTER-CABLE 7539 3-1/4-Horsepower Speedmatic 5-Speed Plunge Router
PORTER-CABLE 7539 3-1/4-Horsepower Speedmatic 5-Speed Plunge Router
Price: $349.25
5 used & new from $339.99

3.0 out of 5 stars No longer Made In USA!!, September 8, 2009
I shopped for along time before settling on this unit, partly due to the fact that it was made in the good ol' USA- but it no longer is! I know there are good workers everywhere, but P-C used to be among the best, building things in Jackson , TN. I have a model 690 which has served me well for 16 years, going through literally miles of wood, but needed something a bit more beefy for dovetails and larger profile bits. I assumed that they were still built in the USA, despite seeing the lower end models had been produced from Mexico. I ordered this online, due to a good price, but had i known it was NOT made here, i might have re-thought my purchase.

Fit and finish appear to be okay, but not up to the "old" units. It remains to be seen if the durability has been compromised by the transfer to Mexico. The castings do appear to be a little rougher, and overall, it is not quite as nice in appearance as the US units, but, that may be ephemeral- the proof will be in the usage!

May addend later on as i use it more, and i WILL check runout before i use the machine.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2012 7:57 PM PDT

Keller Dovetail System 135-1500 Journeyman DoveTail Jig
Keller Dovetail System 135-1500 Journeyman DoveTail Jig
Price: $151.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, but mixed results., May 2, 2009
Bought this after reading stellar reviews on it, and most claims were right on. The biggest complaint I have is the tear out I experienced, especially in 9 ply Baltic birch, which I commonly use for drawers. I tried various remedies, masking tape on the areas I was routing, adding a piece of 1/4" plywood before clamping it together, etc. Best results seem to come from slowing my feed rate a bit, and going left to right as I routed the pins.

Overall, a great product, well thought out, and well worth the money. I attached mine to a piece of 4X4 I cut down, and it is solid as well as being cheap.

One other complaint- SUPER SAVER SHIPPING from Amazon. It appears they pay for it by delaying shipping your items, (???) it took 6 days to package and ship my item? I received it in 9 days..

I do recommend this item, will work well for most applications.