Profile for Matthew D. Meehan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew D. Meehan "TV Guru!!" RSS Feed (Costa Mesa, CA USA)

Conversions Technology CT-60S 150-Feet 1080p HDMI Over 1 Cat5e/6 Extender Cable
Conversions Technology CT-60S 150-Feet 1080p HDMI Over 1 Cat5e/6 Extender Cable
Price: $87.38
10 used & new from $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars If your looking for and HDMI extender look no further!!!, February 25, 2015
I have been using this product for a long cable run for a tv located out on my patio. This product worked flawlessly. Zero picture degredation and hardly any delay. After owning it for a little over a year it stopped working. Thinking there was no warranty I was going to order a new one but figured I would at least try to contact Conversion Technology to see what my options were. Little did I know there was a 3 year warranty. I sent an email to there support email address including my invoice from Amazon and the form they have on their website to fill out. I then called them after I sent it to make sure it got to who it needed to. I was happily greeted by Laquisha and I must admit this was probably the best experience i've ever had in regards to a warranty replacement. Not only was Laquisha very nice to speak with she immediately went and checked to make sure they received the email and took it upon herself to get my replacement sent out to me. I just received the replacement today. That was two days!!!! What a great company and what an great employee. It's not like me to right a bunch of reviews on a product and this review is really more about Conversions Technology as a company than the product. Don't get me wrong the product works just like it should but warranty and customer service is second to none. I wish there were more peope like Laquisha because she was great to work with. Thank you again for replacing my product so quickly and making the whole experience great. I hope they are aware of how good of an employee they have. If you need an HDMI extender buy this one. Not only does it work well but it is backed up by a company that supports there products. 5 STARS!!!

HooToo® HT-IP211HDP 1.0 Megapixel 1280 x 720p H.264 Wireless/Wired Pan/Tilt HD indoor IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter, Night Vision & WPS - White
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $79.99
6 used & new from $67.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HD IP Cam for the home or small business!!, December 3, 2014
This is the second HooToo cam I have tested and am using. I am and IT Manager and deploy a bunch of IP cams throughout the year at our construction sites. This camera offers a bunch of the options that the more expensive camera's do. Pretty hard to beat the price for the quality in both software and hardware.

The setup of this camera is pretty simple. There are two ways you can connect this camera to your network. You can hard wire the camera with a cat 6 cable to your router or you can connect it to your wireless network. The one thing you must remember is you have to connect it with eh cat5/6 cable initially to setup and connect to your wifi network. Connect the camera to your router and plug it in. Give the camera few minutes to go through its test process and when the camera stops moving your ready to start the config. The software included with the camera needs to be installed. One of the programs is used to find the camera on the network and tell you what ip address has been assigned. After install you have the software scan the network for the camera. After it is found you can then make note of the ip address or assign a static IP address to the cam. At this point once you know what address is assigned to the camera you begin the configuration.

There are two ways to configure the camera. You can use the software and do it or use your internet browser. I chose to use the browser to do the configuration. This is the one spot that I ran into some issues. Not with the cam but with the browsers ability to access the video. These HooToo cams work great with Internet Explorer but have some issue with Chrome and Firefox. There is a plugin that must be installed in order to see the video. This goes smoothly with IE but not so much with Chrome and Firefox. This may be fixed in future firmware upgrades but until them just use Internet Explorer and save yourself the headache. Type in the ip address of the cam into internet explorer and log into the camera. Once in you can go to the network setting and connect it to your wireless network. Once you are connected you can go ahead and disconnet the cat 5/6 cable and you can move it to wherever you want to place. Then log back into it to configure any other settings you would like. The manual goes through all these options in good detail.

All in all this is a good camera. Only negatives I have noticed was the lack of support for other browsers besides IE. Again it's not that is doesn't work its just not as stable and you don't get all the features with Chrome and Firefox. This could very well be changed in future firmware updates so it isn't a deal breaker. Especially at this price point. The other negative I have experienced is the mobile app. My other HooToo cam that isn't HD had a great app where I can pan and tilt and pinch zoom with the cam. It worked awesome!! This app doesn't seem to give you pan and tilt function and you can't pinch to zoom. This was a bit disappointing but they may have another app that can access these functions with the camera. Last issue I had is with the Pan, Tilt using IE. When I hit the arrows to move the camera around from a remote location the camera sometime goes nuts and will keep moving after I have stopped pushing the button to either go up or down, etc... Again this could be fixed in future firmware upgrades.

All in all my experience with this camera has been good. There are a couple of things that get resolved in the near future but for the money this is a good HD IP Camera. I will update this review if I get info from HooToo to address the few little issue I had. After setting IP cams up for years and using them in all different scenarios this is a good cam and you won't be disappointed. Way to go HooToo on supplying IP cams to the home users for a great price and a wonderful feature set. Keep it up!!

Update: I have gotten a response from HooToo in regards the plugins for other browsers and their technicians are working on it.

HT-IP210F White IP camera
HT-IP210F White IP camera
Offered by HQ Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars HooToo camera is great for the price point!!, January 20, 2014
I am an IT guy and was looking for a cheap ip camera to keep an eye on my dog at home. So i ordered this camera after seeing all of the great reviews it has gotten. I setup a bunch of high end camera's at the construction sites so I am aware of what the high priced camera's have as far as options. I will say this for the price you are definetely getting your money's worth. This camera is a piece of cake to setup. No issues getting to it via cellphone and the picture quality is pretty good. The night vision was much better than I expected and the pan and tilt works very well remotely. I have had this up and running for about 5 days and I am very pleased with the product. This camera is a great deal.

VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket 23-Inch to 65-Inch MF608B, Black
VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket 23-Inch to 65-Inch MF608B, Black
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $25.89
4 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!!! Earthquake proof!!!, June 15, 2010
I like everyone else on here was pretty skeptical when I ordered these. But after reading all the reviews I had to try them out before purchasing a mount for about $100. These mounts were a piece of cake to install but what was suprising was how much hardware they gave you. You will definetely not have to run to the hardware store. Also the quality was good. I didn't see any bad looking welds or anything. These mounts look great on the wall and keep the tv pretty tight to it. The finished product looked great. As for the quality, great!! The reason I say this is I just mounted two tv's last weekend and we had a 5.9 Earthquake the other day. This was the one thing that worried me. Would the mount be able to withstand the walls twisting. They didn't move an inch. Great product, great price!! If I need to mount another tv I would buy another one of these in a second. Buy it, you will be happy!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2014 1:41 PM PDT