Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
Profile for Picturesque Music > Reviews

Browse

Picturesque Music's Profile

Customer Reviews: 309

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Picturesque Music RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DYING LIGHT: THE FOLLOWING (DLC) - PS4 [Digital Code]
DYING LIGHT: THE FOLLOWING (DLC) - PS4 [Digital Code]
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars In truth this is the best expansion I've ever played on any game, April 23, 2016
In truth this is the best expansion I've ever played on any game. It's not a tiny DLC. I would say I put probably 2/3rd if not the same amount of time into this as the original game.

Unlike the original, tightly controlled city, this is wide-open and I'll admit at first it introduced some annoyances for me. Most glaringly: night time is truly dangerous this time. In the main city, in the first game, grappling hook allowed escapes from volatiles at night. Not possible in the woods. And when you're in your car these volatiles go way faster than when on foot. However, in time once the car is faster, has UV light upgrade 2 (crucial!) and electric cage, the car becomes a true safe haven. By the end of the game I was able to navigate at night without issue--outrunning/stopping any volatiles that came along.

As for the story, to be honest, who cares. It's thin, but this is an open world game and they are always light on story IMO.

The new driving skill rank and legendary points are interesting. Once you top out a skill tree, all subsequent points for it go toward legendary. Once I tapped out my survival rank I found that if I reloaded the game on legendary (doesn't lose progress doing this) I could get close to a million legendary points each night just shooting at volatiles and running back to blue lights. I was able to work up to legendary level 20 without a huge amount of time, which let me jack up bow/crossbow and guns to very strong levels.

Dying Light, along with The Last of Us both in my view sit at the top of the heap of zombie games. To Dying Light's credit they took a hopelessly over-played and worn out genre and made it genuinely interesting. The use of night to make zombies more dangerous is a marvelous piece of game design and hard to overstate how clever its implementation is.

American Hero
American Hero
DVD ~ Eddie Griffin
Offered by newtownvideos
Price: $10.36
41 used & new from $2.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Most boring movie ever about a guy with super powers, April 23, 2016
This review is from: American Hero (DVD)
Even if we ignore the marketing,title,cover related to this movie it is objectively a disappointment: very slow. At least it is mercifully short.

The music in the movie during the many parties well chosen.

Very boring, skip.

The Witch [Blu-ray + Digital HD]
The Witch [Blu-ray + Digital HD]
DVD ~ Anya Taylor-Joy
Price: $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Overhyped, wildly underwhelming conclusion, April 17, 2016
Can't understand the rottentomatoes score on this, though a tell is that the audience score was about 35 points lower.

The problem with this movie it does exactly what you think it will. I found it easily interesting enough to watch through the entire length, because it is well lighted, acted, made. But, it leads to a pointless finale. The ending was very lazy and a total let down.

Let's put it another way: as soon as the end credits rolled I turned to my wife immediately and apologized for picking out this movie.

Could have been so much better.

The Hunting Party
The Hunting Party
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $11.99
146 used & new from $2.12

1.0 out of 5 stars Their worst album yet, April 14, 2016
This review is from: The Hunting Party (Audio CD)
In a former life I would have told you LP was my favorite band. They had four amazing releases in a row (including the Jay Z mashup). Then...they got worse. But, you could still find the occasional gem (e.g. Waiting for the End, which can hang with the best of anything they've done).

And then we come to this album. It's total garbage. I don't want to be unclear: it's worthless. At least half the songs are amateurish guitar riffs with Chester screaming like he's in his first high school band. It's embarrassing and terribly pointless. The other half of the songs are not as bad, but are still bad in their own right. There is simply not one decent rack on this whole album.

Bad Apple: A Tale of Friendship
Bad Apple: A Tale of Friendship
by Edward Hemingway
Price: $14.86
68 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A really sweet book, March 12, 2016
It is true that an apple befriending the worm that is borrowing into him is strange. But if you can get past that, this is a very tastefully illustrated book with a sweet story.

Ruger Blackhawk Elite Air Rifle air rifle
Ruger Blackhawk Elite Air Rifle air rifle
Offered by Airgun Depot
Price: $90.84
7 used & new from $69.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy, very inaccurate, March 5, 2016
Very study air rifle. Looks nice, feels nice. However...

I have tried 8 kinds of ammo on this thing, including Crosman Ultra Magnum, Crosman EX, Baracuda lead free. A whole bunch. I have tightened up the barrel screw as well (it does get loose if not loctited).

The best I can muster @ 10M with an 8 shot group, if I ignore one flier 3-4 inches off center, is a 1 inch group. I don't think 1" at 10M is acceptable accuracy. This is after about 500 rounds through the gun, so it is certainly broken in. I've tried all kinds of holds: very snug to my shoulder, very loose, artillery hold, variants on artillery hold, sand bags, etc.

Horizontally the best group I've seen is with lead pellets such as the Crosman EX or Ultra Magnum and at 10M I can get as little as 1/2" group sideways, with vertical stringing of 2". 1/2" group I'd be happy with, but 2", no. Vertical stringing can be caused by inconsistencies in shooting form, but they can also be caused by the gun, and I did my best to replicate hold and position from each shot.

Some people are doing well with these. I wish I was as well, but unfortunately it's just a pretty air rifle I can't even be bothered to shoot paper with because it just can't do it consistently.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2016 8:13 PM PDT

Aqua Dragons Jurassic Time Travel Eggspedition with LED Lights
Aqua Dragons Jurassic Time Travel Eggspedition with LED Lights
Offered by Wojolytics LLC
Price: $33.10
12 used & new from $18.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Total disappointment, March 1, 2016
Received this kit as a gift at Christmas. Set it up pursuant to instructions with fresh spring water, used the proper amount of water, kept the house no lower than 17C (ranging up to 21C much of the day), oxygenated it daily for a minute.

Nothing ever hatched. I used a refill kit and had the exact same experience. Unlike other reviewers I had no leaking problems. The light works, but the switch gets sticky.

I emailed the manufacturer and they promptly sent me a third bag of eggs to try. That is appreciated. That bag resulted in a bunch of things hatching about three days in, but now a month later despite the feeding schedule (half of a spoon every 2-3 days early on, then transition to a full spoonful), none of the things got particularly large (1 mm at most), most have died, I think I have a couple of tiny ones left.

Overall just a complete waste of time. My advice: buy a gold fish. Much cheaper, far prettier, they don't require a doctorate in biology to keep alive, either.

*UPDATE* Tonight threw the rest of the water away. It seemed they would readily die then maybe another couple of eggs would hatch and a few days later those tiny ones would die way, way before they got to any appreciable size. Complete waste of time overall, cannot recommend this product in the least.

Aqua Dragons Food/Egg Refill Pack
Aqua Dragons Food/Egg Refill Pack
Price: $8.99
9 used & new from $6.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Total dud, no hatches, March 1, 2016
After the packet we received with a kit failed to result in any hatching, I used this and...no hatching, either.

Followed instructions to the letter: fresh spring water, kept temperatures in the house no lower than 17 celcius, used the proper amount of water. The eggs are easy to see floating around, but simply nothing ever hatched.

Plackers Twin Line Whitening Flosser, 75 count (Pack of 6)
Plackers Twin Line Whitening Flosser, 75 count (Pack of 6)
Price: $17.00
2 used & new from $15.79

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY thin, which is great, February 28, 2016
I can barely use normal dental floss because my teeth don't have substantial gaps. Twin line have very thin pieces of string, and since there are two they seem to do a better job of picking up detritus. As for strength, I very rarely cannot complete a full flossing before one or both strings break. Been using this particular product for a while and they are the best I've come upon.

Due North Everyday Ice Creepers
Due North Everyday Ice Creepers
Price: $8.01 - $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, February 10, 2016
This review is from: Due North Everyday Ice Creepers
Not sure why more people don't use cleats. I hardly ever see them, and yet people fall on icy/snowy parking lots all the time, sometimes causing major if not permanent injuries, and at times even a seemingly simple fall can result in a lethal accident (seriously).

I saw these at my local W super store for $9--though another W had them for $13. In any case, they've turned my formal shoes with slick soles into ones I can confidently walk on nasty parking lots with. Amazing!

My only complaints--though not enough to detract a star--are that they are fairly loud on hard surfaces (not really surprising) and also the blue spikes I think should be colored black so that they blend in better.

I can't speak to the tread life of the spikes if walking a lot. I only use them while going in and out of work and for this I think the spikes will last a very long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20