Profile for Scott Matthews > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott Matthews RSS Feed (Bay Area, Kalifornia)

Moen 1222B Repair Part Single Handle Posi-Temp Replacement Cartridge
Moen 1222B Repair Part Single Handle Posi-Temp Replacement Cartridge
Offered by Pipes & Parts Supply
Price: $39.98
14 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked as advertised, March 10, 2011
Perfect replacement for a cartridge I had that went bad. Do yourself a favor and purchase the cartridge removal tool. Life is miserable without it.

SilverStone FX121 Cross Flow Fan for Sugo Series - Retail
SilverStone FX121 Cross Flow Fan for Sugo Series - Retail
Price: $26.99
3 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Replacement, March 10, 2011
A perfect replacement for a hard to find case fan for cube-style computer cases. I should buy another as a backup in case they quit making them.

Conair Teak Spa Bench
Conair Teak Spa Bench
Offered by MakeADeal
Price: $84.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The Looks are the Only Good Thing About This Bench, March 10, 2011
Because of a medical condition I've been using a shower bench for most of my adult life. Of all the shower benches I have used, this was the least comfortable and lasted the shortest amount of time. The wood looks fantastic but I found the 90 degree edge of the bench (it's not rounded) dug into my thighs. I also noticed the gaps between the wood slats on the bench leave uncomfortable indentations on my rear and back of my legs. After about a year of owning this bench, the construction of this bench began to break down and the wood joints began to separate, which then pinched your skin as you shifted around on the bench. The worst part was one day the thing completely fell apart while I was sitting on it. The front and back wood pieces, the side handles and the two outside slats just fell apart and I ended up on the shower floor (and I only weigh about 130lbs). It was not fun. The old plastic benches may not look the best but they are comfortable and I have never had one just disintegrate on me. If you do purchase this bench, plan to replace it pretty often.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2011 1:17 PM PDT

War in the Woods: Combating the Marijuana Cartels on America's Public Lands
War in the Woods: Combating the Marijuana Cartels on America's Public Lands
by James A. Swan
Price: $12.89
85 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Something I Never Thought Of..., October 14, 2010
Before I read this book, I knew the extreme danger these illegal grow operations posed to general public. The felon growers are almost always armed and have no qualms about putting a bullet through any law enforcement officer, hiker, ATV'er, horseback rider, etc. who may stumble into one of their grows. What I did not realize, and this book opened my eyes to, is the extreme danger these illegal grows pose to the environment. They decimate wildlife populations with their pesticides, water diversions, poaching and brush clearing. If more people realized that these things are going on literally right under their noses, they would be outraged. Thanks for giving me a new perspective on the situation and I really enjoyed this book. As always, there will be those who say that legalizing marijuana will solve these problems (I was one of them). Read the book, you'll realize that your utopia is not so easy to achieve.

The Overton Window
The Overton Window
by Glenn Beck
646 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Because The Truth Hurts..., July 13, 2010
This review is from: The Overton Window (Hardcover)
5-Stars just to make the HuffPo masses froth at the mouth. I enjoyed it so much I purchased 10 copies and went around to local hotel and senior center libraries and donated them. Are you frothing yet? Yes, it's that good!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2010 12:41 PM PDT

Going Rogue: An American Life
Going Rogue: An American Life
by Sarah Palin
Price: $5.28
1992 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Americans Will Love This Book, November 25, 2009
Any successful, self-made, self-reliant, Patriotic, moral American will abssolutely love the story Sarah Palin tells in this book. The rest? Well... they'll give it a 1-star rating and pretend they read it even though they didn't purchase and read the book.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2009 10:50 AM PST

Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10
by Marcus Luttrell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
54 used & new from $1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, Exciting, Riveting... Must READ!!!, June 29, 2009
Once I picked this book up, I could not put it down. It was exciting, informative and emotional. The Hero's and heroics described in this book literally choked me up.

While I'm sure it wasn't a focal point or intent of the author's, I especially appreciated the parts about how outdated Rules of Engagement, the biased liberal media and civilian lawyers are getting brave men and women killed every day. This is something America needs to see, realize and wake up to. This cannot continue.

Pickup this book, you won't regret it for a moment and you will end up passing it around to friends and family so you will get your money's worth.

Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
by Mark R. Levin
Price: $19.58
858 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book by The Great One, June 23, 2009
They don't call him The Great One for no reason. There is so much thought put into this book that it's hard to believe someone has this much information running through their head. A fantastic book, a must read.

Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine
by Glenn Beck
Price: $7.48
1483 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not partisan bickering.. it's Common Sense, June 23, 2009
The most "duh, it's so obvious" book I have read in a long time. It makes so much sense it's ridiculous. If you can't see the problems with America's political system after reading this, you are a brick. A great read for everyone, not just Democrats or just Republicans. The best $$$ you'll spend on a book.