Profile for Redandaris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Redandaris "Redandaris" RSS Feed (Paris, France)

The Frenchman's Revenge: HOT Historical Romantic Suspense (The Grandmaster's Legacy Series Book 4)
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, February 6, 2012
Wow. So bad it was funny. The hero is soooooooooooooo strong he was probably an alien in disguise. The books revolves around him and his prowess, all the characters talk about him, how great, how strong, how fearsome he is. So much so that it becomes ridiculous.
Same for his fiancee, apart from her extraordinary beauty she was supposed to be an amazing person but she was actually boring, a tad whiny and vain. She always said stuff like "Stop, I'm angry."... uh-uh.
And the cherry on top of the cake : the frenchman doestn't speak french at all. The author created a french character and didn't even care enough to make him speak correctly. Just a bunch of french (and not only french) words put together and supposed to make sense. And those parts were actually what I liked best apart from the erotic ones because it made me laugh. A lot.

When A Duke Says I Do
When A Duke Says I Do
by Jane Goodger
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
55 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, January 6, 2012
When I started this book I thought it was just one of those novellas you read to kill some time, nothing very original and I'm happy to say that I was very wrong. The plot was already explained in other reviews so I won't go there, but you should know that it was a very moving story. Of course the plot in itself was quite interesting (even if a bit far-fetched)but it was the characters that really took me in. Elsie and most of all Alexander are very sweet and I found them and their reactions pretty realistic. When they fall in love and realize at the same time how hopeless is this love it was heartwrenching. They resisted and still they couldn't stay apart.
The book reminded me a bit of The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, even if the two heros didn't have the same affliction and didn't really live it the same way either, they were both a bit lost and self-deprecating.
It was also longer and much stronger than I first thought, bref, it was great and I loooooved it!
Now, buy it and enjoy! ;)

Bound and Determined
Bound and Determined
by Sierra Cartwright
Price: $10.50
35 used & new from $9.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Bound and Determined (Paperback)
Of course it was very sensual and erotic but more than that it was well written and interesting. It actually had a plot and well, the love scenes were scorching hot. Just great. Of course if BDSM is not your thing then you'll find it's a bit much but at the same time, why would you read it? To each is own and for me, it was PERFECT!

Night Fire (Night Fire Trilogy)
Night Fire (Night Fire Trilogy)
by Catherine Coulter
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
269 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, August 17, 2011
What can I say, this is one of my favorite books. I loved Burke and I was very moved by his feelings for Arielle. It felt like he would have done anything to make her love and trust him. It was a very long journey between those two, bittersweet most of the time but still I loved it all, especially when she's very ill and he wants to marry her before she dies.

Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves Series Book 1)
Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not much more, August 16, 2011
As a whole I love werewolves' stories and I was really happy to find a YA romance book with the concept of werewolves' mates. Now I must confess I regret buying this one. The start was good but after some chapters I found myself becoming less and less interested in the story and more annoyed with the style itself and its flaws. First of all the editing was not good enough, there were pretty flagrant grammatical mistakes and some badly written sentences that made me itch.
Also I couldn't get interested in Fane. For a hero he was almost too good and I found him very flat. The two characters lacked depth.
I liked the fact that the author let us know what the H thinks as much as the h but the method of changing points of view was problematic. The reader is forced time and again to relive twice the same scene. It was interesting and romantic with the scene of their first meeting : first from her point of view then his but when it's the scene where Fane is introduced to Jacque's mom and friends it's really pointless to live it twice. Why rewrite a scene that was not very good in the first place when you could just go forth and back from his to her point of view? It would have created a more natural description. About the scene in itself I felt like Fane was a little bit too polite, it all felt very forced and strange.
All in all it could have been a good book but I was just unable to overlook those flaws and really appreciate it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2013 9:53 PM PDT

Alpha Wolf (The Westervelt Wolves Book 5)
Alpha Wolf (The Westervelt Wolves Book 5)
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, March 23, 2011
Well, it wasn't bad, I mean, the plot was okay but the conversations were so awkward! It didn't feel natural at all as if the author put too much thoughts into what they should say, like a foreigner would do. The fights description was just meh, not very interesting. The feelings between the protagonists were well written but their relationship was a little too easy somehow.
I didn't finish it because I couldn't pass the wording in itself (sometimes I think it was an editing problem like the sentences should have been cut and rearranged) but I still gave 3 stars because of the fast pace (the story in itself was actually interesting if not very original)and the heroes. It made me think of a lesser version of the great serie Alpha and Omega by Patricia Briggs and of course when you already read Briggs...