Profile for Claire Zeman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Claire Zeman RSS Feed (New Haven, CT USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Daniel O'Donnell: At Home in Ireland
Daniel O'Donnell: At Home in Ireland
DVD ~ Daniel O'Donnell
Price: $17.98
42 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, May 4, 2009
I love this DVD. Perhaps because I love Daniel. He is so warm and natural. I love his way of mastering the whole stage as he performs. His combination of Irish and country is just right. Songs with Mary Duff are lovely and fun. His entire group of musicians completes the picture. The segment with his Mother was sweet and said so much about him. I enjoyed the BC story. The scenes of Ireland were breathtaking. This is a keeper.

The Body of David Hayes
The Body of David Hayes
by Ridley Pearson
Price: $31.99
365 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read, May 4, 2009
As usual Ridley Pearson has another hit. His books are fun to read. I have a problem putting them down. This one was particularly absorbing. Perfect for a rainy afternoon. I enjoyed it very much.

Daniel O'Donnell: Can You Feel the Love?
Daniel O'Donnell: Can You Feel the Love?
DVD ~ Daniel O'Donnell
Offered by Why Knot
Price: $19.99
44 used & new from $3.42

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good, May 4, 2009
What can I say about Daniel? I first saw him on CT. Public TV. I thought he was charming. He is warm and wonderful. I have enjoyed "Can You Feel the Love" over and over. The mixture of country, Irish and inspirational music is just right. Mary Duff, his singing partner is adorable. I heartily recommend this DVD.

The First Victim (Boldt/Matthews)
The First Victim (Boldt/Matthews)
by Ridley Pearson
Price: $12.95
117 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, May 4, 2009
This was a fun book. One that was hard to put down. Heavy on police procedure, it had me thinking all the way through.

Murdering Mr. Lincoln: A New Detection of the 19th Century's Most Famous Crime
Murdering Mr. Lincoln: A New Detection of the 19th Century's Most Famous Crime
by Charles Higham
72 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars PSHAW, November 2, 2008
As usual, when I read anything written by Mr. Higham, I come away with many more questions than answers. And I didn't find it so easy to read because there were so many seemingly unnecessary characters. I always wonder where he got all of this revealing new information. No I read his books as a work of fiction rather than the truth. In that sense, they are simply amusing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2008 11:54 PM PST

The Children of Henry VIII
The Children of Henry VIII
by Alison Weir
Price: $12.01
339 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Historical Treat, October 7, 2008
When Alison Weir is the author, the book is unquestionably accurate and a wonderful read. The children of Henry VIIl were exceptional. Elizabeth and Edward were incredibly intelligent. They always fascinate me. Mary, hummmm, maybe not so much. I love anything Alison Weir writes. I have yet to be disappointed in any of her books.

Errol Flynn: The Untold Story
Errol Flynn: The Untold Story
by Charles Higham
31 used & new from $3.93

3.0 out of 5 stars True or False, October 7, 2008
There is much in this book that I must question. Where Errol Flynn is concerned, so much is fantasy. But it was an interesting read.

Nicholas and Alexandra [UNABRIDGED]
Nicholas and Alexandra [UNABRIDGED]
by n/a
2 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Facinating, October 7, 2008
Wonderful. Nicholas and Alexandra come alive. Also very sad. A wealth of historical information. A must read for the History Buff. I would recommend it for all to read.

Chasing Diana
Chasing Diana
by Jack Firestone
34 used & new from $0.53

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Indeed, October 7, 2008
This review is from: Chasing Diana (Paperback)
I was very disappointed in this book. Unlike the other readers, I hated the format. A mixture of history and fantasy does not do it for me. In this matter, I want the truth and nothing but the truth. When the Firestones
appeared on our local radio station, WPLR, they made it sound like they had important information to disclose and that at every turn they were ignored. Upon reading their book, except for the fact that Diana died in an automobile accident in the Alma Tunnel, I found only fantasy. I certainly would not recommend this book to anyone sincerely interested in Princess Diana and the truth of her death.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2008 11:29 AM PDT

If I Did It
Confessions of the Killer
If I Did It Confessions of the Killer
by O. J. Simpson
Price: $19.13
283 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Is It a Confession?, October 17, 2007
I am not sure what to say about this book. I understand why the Brown Family did not want it published. O.J. blames Nicole for this "hypothetical" crime. I do believe ie amounts to a confession..there are details which indicate this to me. Curiosity led me to buy it and the fact that I wanted the Goldman Family to benefit. Other then that, I have read more compelling books.

Page: 1 | 2