Profile for utexas22 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

utexas22 RSS Feed

Mediabridge Toslink Cable (6 Feet) - Optical Digital Audio Cable
Mediabridge Toslink Cable (6 Feet) - Optical Digital Audio Cable
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $5.99
2 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Finally found an optical cable that worked for my components, October 8, 2012
As many have noted, it's very hard to find a optical cable which works at connecting both components. I first bought the amazonbasics cable which fit my Onkyo receiver and PS3 perfectly, but would not fit into my Uverse box. Next I tried out monoprice cable which was too small for all of my components. I Bought this cable next and was able to connect all of my components. I wouldn't say that it was the best fit though - about 50% of the time I move my TV stand something will get disconnected.

I would definitely use HDMI for audio, but unfortunately my receiver is too old.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2012 7:16 AM PDT

Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooling Pad with 160mm Fan (R9-NBC-XSLI-GP)
Price: $17.99
48 used & new from $13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results so far!, April 22, 2012
I just bought this from a Local Fry's because my Amazon Prime just expired and Fry's sold this for just $2.00 more. I wanted to pass along my results to everyone because this product works very well. I use a latitude E6420 for school work and unfortunately Dell poorly designed the bottom intake on this laptop so that the fan does not pull air directly from any of the intake vents. I wasn't facing any bad temperatures but I did see that my laptop was very sensitive to ambient temperatures so I wanted to help it out a little bit.

So far I have seen about an 8-10C drop in Idle temps. On average my CPU cores were idling around 50C and now are about 40C. Pretty impressive considering this is one of the more slim laptop cooling solutions out there. Also I am able to pack my 14" laptop and the cooling pad into my 15" laptop case. Although it won't zip completely, it is not an issue for me because I carry my laptop in my backpack and everything is very snug in there so nothing can slip out.

So far I am very impressed with this product. I will update this review if I experience any problems.

3M 39008 Headlight Lens Restoration System
3M 39008 Headlight Lens Restoration System
Price: $13.75
54 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent deal and probably the best out there, January 9, 2012
My dad bought this for me to help clean up my headlights on my 2001 Expedition. It worked amazing and blew both of our expectations out of the water. The whole process took about an hour excluding the time I had to wait for my cordless drill to recharge. Also there was just enough to complete my truck as well as my girlfriends Jetta.

Also keep in mind that the more time you spend on each step the better the outcome. Thus, if you have extremely bad headlights don't expect to finish two cars with this kit as you will probably need to use all of the sanding discs in order to freshen up the headlights.

Pros
1. very easy to use with a cordless drill
2. multi-step process which sands down the actual plastic and then buffs out later to make clear
3. extremely affordable (the cheapest I've some for a professional headlight cleaning was $40 and for $20 I cleaned two sets of headlights

Cons
None

Overall, I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone with cloudy headlights. It made a huge noticeable difference in the appearance as well as the performance of the headlights. Before I used this kit many people would get in my car and ask if my lights were on (that's how bad it was) and now they look and work as if they were new.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value Case for Iphone 4, January 5, 2012
I told myself after purchasing this case I would write my first review and that I would hold off until I actually dropped the phone - because reviewing only the aesthetics or how well it slides in and out of my pants pockets does not provide a complete review of the product.

I drop my phone 90% of the time getting in and out of my car, and that is exactly what happened this morning. In my usual morning rush, I quickly jumped out of my truck forgetting that my phone was in my lap which sent my phone tumbling to the concrete parking garage landing essentially flat and screen side down. After taking a deep breath, I picked up my phone and only noticed a few scratches (whew).

This was my worst fear - when I first got the case the only think I noticed slightly wrong about it was dept of the case between on the screen side which gave little protection to the screen. Thankfully this was not a problem this morning when I dropped my phone.

This case is very similar to the Incase Slider at a fraction of the cost and essentially the same look and feel, which I was hoping for. I didn't want any flashy brand names, just a solid black case that looks as sleek as possible and that is what this case provides. Would definitely recommend this case to others looking for a relatively inexpensive case.

*I bought an Incase Slider case for my brothers iPhone for Christmas, I'll plan to update this review with a comparison next time we meet up.