Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Ralph Harris > Reviews

Browse

Ralph Harris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ralph Harris RSS Feed (Colorado, United States)

UNLOCK YOUR BIBLE:  The Key to Understanding  and Applying the Scriptures in Your Life
UNLOCK YOUR BIBLE: The Key to Understanding and Applying the Scriptures in Your Life

5.0 out of 5 stars What A View This Book Provides!, May 21, 2013
If you're going to read a Bible, or if you simply want to talk about the Bible, you've got to have what Steve McVey's book, "Unlock Your Bible" gives. In a concise and beautifully written manner, Steve offers the reader the most immediately practical and overwhelmingly helpful distinctions concerning one's understanding of the Bible that I have ever found. Frankly, your view of God, yourself and everyone else, hinges upon your understanding of these simple keys. While reading this book, you'll think, "Oh! I totally get it! I love this!" So if you'd like to see why God thinks the gospel is such good news, this will give you the foundation that provides the view.
Ralph Harris, author of God's Astounding Opinion of You, and President of LifeCourse Ministries.

Crawford STFSR13 Duramount Flip-Up Bike Hook
Crawford STFSR13 Duramount Flip-Up Bike Hook
Price: $13.57
7 used & new from $7.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, With Reservations, April 26, 2012
My hope in getting the Crawford Flip-Up Bike Hook was that it would provide a simple solution: it has. Once mounted in my garage, each (3) is now securely holding a bicycle.

However, only one out of three mounts ordered came with mounting screws(!), and, while I was able to secure them to vertical studs in my garage, they are better suited to track mount wall systems. In sum, the mounts offer a basic solution at a basic price, and that's what you get. A trip to the hardware store for screws was really the only complication, which is why I rated it 4 stars instead of 5.

Heaven Is Now: Awakening Your Five Spiritual Senses to the Wonders of Grace
Heaven Is Now: Awakening Your Five Spiritual Senses to the Wonders of Grace
by Andrew Farley
52 used & new from $1.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Springtime For The Heart!, March 23, 2012
Here's a book that has been needed for many years. I wish I had written it! I cannot adequately describe what Farley has done to assist people toward the fulfilling relationship they deeply long for with God. Reading this book will help you fathom the security and greatness of God's love for you, and it will assist you to walk with Him in a much more satisfying way because of it. Isn't that what you want most?

If you do, then Farley will help you find that through the pages of this book. For many people "Heaven Is Now" will change their day-to-day life in the way that springtime breaks the grip of a dark winter season. It will be quite an awakening!

Night With a Perfect Stranger: The Conversation That Changes Everything
Night With a Perfect Stranger: The Conversation That Changes Everything
by David Gregory
33 used & new from $4.17

5.0 out of 5 stars An Invigorating Revival In Book Form!, March 23, 2012
Here's a book I love and recommend with highest regard. This is David Gregory's third book of the series, and it's fantastic. He tells a story that deeply intrigued me and had me talking and laughing aloud, and even tearing-up as I read. It's not important that you have read the first two books--you'll get everything out of this all by itself--although you can pick up them up easily enough. (I think you'll want to.)

What a terrific book! What a great series.

52 Lies Heard in Church Every Sunday: ...And Why the Truth Is So Much Better
52 Lies Heard in Church Every Sunday: ...And Why the Truth Is So Much Better
by Steve McVey
Price: $11.38
100 used & new from $2.28

5.0 out of 5 stars A Terrific Book!, May 27, 2011
In my home the sign that I've picked up a really good new book is that my wife steals it from me before I can finish it. She doesn't tell me what she has done; the book simply disappears and I have to go hunting for it.

I was really enjoying Steve McVey's new book, "52 Lies Heard In Church Every Sunday--and Why the Truth Is So Much Better," until it disappeared. Who do you suppose just confessed to having stolen it?

Steve is an amazing writer with a particular knack for exposing deception which so commonly plagues and hinders the church. Reading each chapter in his new book is like taking a refreshing shower after a particularly difficult or trying experience. It's invigorating and liberating! I have yet to read more than one chapter at a time because there is so much to reflect upon after each one.

If you're looking for a book that's filled with "Ah-ha!" moments, this is it, chapter after chapter. Get it.

The Prodigal Brother: Making Peace with Your Parents, Your Past, and the Wayward One in Your Family (Focus on the Family Books)
by Sue Thompson
42 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An adventure of revelation and delight!, December 24, 2007
If you don't have this book, get it! In the all-important arena of inter-personal relationships, Sue's book is at the top of my all-time list. It is that good, and it is that important.

In The Prodigal Brother, Sue writes from a wealth of experience and shares her story in a way that draws us, page after page, into stunning, life-changing truths about our own story. Sue reveals for us the big picture of what relationships are all about--our growth as God-favored sons and daughters. From chapter to chapter, the reader recognizes in Sue's life, as well as in his own, that God is working for our freedom by proving to us how capable He is. He is the necessary ingredient for every relationship we have, providing the understanding and love and compassion and forgiveness needed by everyone.

Sue's book is an adventure of revelation and freedom and delight that makes sense of the journey we're all in, and which affirms for us that we are, after all, God's workmanship. That's great news, and I give The Prodigal Brother my highest recommendation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2011 5:20 AM PDT

Birthright: Christian, Do You Know Who You Are?
Birthright: Christian, Do You Know Who You Are?
by David C. Needham
46 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars On my top 10 list, February 17, 2004
Of all the terrific books I've read, there are only a few to which I return again and again; "Birthright," by David Needham, is on that list. I do not return to it simply to remember a concept, like a reference book. I keep this book close at hand because I need it, again and again.