Profile for Miftah Khan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Miftah Khan RSS Feed (Hillsborough, NJ USA)

Samsung Series 3 Chromebox
Samsung Series 3 Chromebox
3 used & new from $289.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall positive, but mixed feelings, July 9, 2012
Positives
- Super easy to set up. Literally took a couple minutes.
- Super easy to maintain and administer. I'm tech support in my family, and this makes my job a whole lot easier. No more worrying about viruses and computer slowdowns.
- Supports camera photo uploads and external USB drives
- User interface is simple and easy to use for non-technical types
- Super fast system. Quick boot time, quick shutdown, and no lagginess.

Negatives:
- No Skype support. Google Hangouts is support, but see the second issue below.
- If you use a USB webcam for video conferencing, you're out of luck. There's no support for USB audio and no ETA for making this available. What this means is that people can see you, but not hear you. This is ridiculous considering how much Google advertises their Hangouts feature.
- The File Manager is very barebones, and it's not as user friendly or functional as Windows Explorer on PC or the Finder on Mac.

[EDIT July 23, 2012] Upgrading from 3 stars to 4 stars since Google has added USB webcam support and Google Drive file manager support in the latest beta release.

One more thing I'd like to add... A number of people have complained about a speaker hum. I haven't experienced this at all with my unit. It's super quiet and cool.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2014 12:37 PM PDT

BLUREX Leather Slim folio Case With Multi-Angle Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 & 7.0 plus (P6200)

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim, light and durable case, May 1, 2012
I use this case with my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. It's a great fit. It protects the device well. And it's got a refined and professional look. Highly recommended!

Eye-Fi 8 GB Mobile X2 SDHC Class 6 Wireless Memory Card EYE-FI-8MD
Eye-Fi 8 GB Mobile X2 SDHC Class 6 Wireless Memory Card EYE-FI-8MD
Offered by BinkieMelane
Price: $140.59
7 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little gadget!, January 20, 2012
I just got this today. I used my Mac for the setup. It was straightforward and painless. I was able to quickly get it connected with my iPhone 4 and my wife's iPod Touch 4g; and also auto upload to my Picasa web account. I noticed some people complain about the setup process -- I honestly don't understand that. I experienced no issues at all.

My wife and I absolutely love the Eye-Fi card. No more wires, and no more messing with a computer to upload and share photos.

Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
141 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect at what it is, an Amazon consumption device, November 17, 2011
If you're bought into the Amazon content ecosystem, i.e. books, movies, music -- then this is for you. It's simple, friendly and performs just fine. And, on top of that, there's the Amazon App Store. That's just icing on the cake. It's not about gps, cameras, video chat, tv remote controls, or anything geeky. It's simply a drop dead easy content consumption device.

Caveat: Magazines are awful on this device. I read magazines on their respective websites anyway, so it doesn't bother me much.