Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for M. Saavedra > Reviews

Browse

M. Saavedra's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Saavedra RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Call of Duty®: Heroes
Call of Duty®: Heroes
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, October 18, 2015
This review is from: Call of Duty®: Heroes (App)
I'm still in testing mode but so far so good.

Amazon Fire TV Remote App
Amazon Fire TV Remote App
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars good unit, April 5, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV Remote App (App)
good but needs more apps

Pilot Color Mechanical Pencil Lead Eno, 0.7mm, Soft Blue, 10 Leads (HRF7C-20-SL)
Price: $5.30
51 used & new from $3.82

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks Super Easy, December 20, 2014
Lead breaks super easy so I don't recommend it for any engineering drafting.

Levana Jena Digital Baby Video Monitor with 8 Hour Rechargeable Battery and Talk to Baby Intercom
Offered by ShopTronics
Price: $119.99
9 used & new from $119.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Levana Jena is a four star video monitor with a five star price, September 21, 2013
After doing a ridiculous amount of research on baby video monitors I was incredibly frustrated. There are so many mixed reviews for every single monitor on the market. I figured I'd give this one a shot, simply because if I was going to have something low quality, it may as well be low cost as well. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. The monitor set up took all of two minutes. The picture quality is much better than I expected, I can see and hear my son clearly whether the lights are on or off, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes, Fragrance Free, 72-Count Tubs, (Pack of 8)
Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes, Fragrance Free, 72-Count Tubs, (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Pampers Sensitive, November 18, 2011
Oh boy... I'm two weeks away from my son's first birthday and I now realize that these wipes are much better than Pampers Sensitive. When he was born I used Pampers Sensitive diapers and just got the same wipes (and also tried pampers Sensitive thick wipes) since they had good reviews. The price happens to be higher than usual right now so I thought I'd try these that also have good reviews.
These are better. They are thicker and they are not as wet. When I'd wipe him with the Pampers brand I'd need to dry his little rolls because I didn't want to leave the water from the wipes there. In case you're wondering on the Pampers Sensitive Thick wipes, they're terrible. I remember them tearing regularly but not much else since it's been nearly a year and I didn't repurchase.

Wilton 2109-861 101-Piece Cake-Decorating Tool Set with Storage Caddy
Wilton 2109-861 101-Piece Cake-Decorating Tool Set with Storage Caddy
Offered by BLINQ
Price: $115.49
3 used & new from $115.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The book is an important part of this kit, September 3, 2011
I just came back from one of the craft stores where using half price coupond makes several kits be similarly priced. I compared the 50 piece kit, 101 piece and 177 piece. The 50 piece kit had the most important things but I'd still need a few extras. The 101 piece was excellent because it comes with the Wilton book everyone loves for learning that gets excellent reviews on Amazon (sells for $15 on Amazon and didn't see it at the craft store) instead of 1 spatula you get 3, instead of 4 icing colors you get 8, there are other usedul extras like a cake leveler. All things that I will use eventhough I know nothing about cake decorating. The container was almost the same- a fish tackle box look- but the 101 kit had a blue lid vs the uglier pastel green. The 177 piece did not have the book. A big minus in my eyes. The container is also far more obnoxious. It's a huge plastic container that get lots of complaints because things don't fit. The tackle box style of this one will be far easier to store and find counterspace for when I'm using it.

Frontier Soups Homemade In Minutes South Of The Border Tortilla Soup, 4.5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)
Offered by Wholesome-Good
Price: $20.29
5 used & new from $20.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and simple!, October 25, 2010
I don't usually write reviews because I purchase items that already have at least dozens of rave reviews. I can't believe this soup only has one! I made a chicken tortilla soup on my own that was just a little bit better than this. But it took a lot of time to shop for and cook with all those ingredients and the cost was much higher.

This soup tastes great and all you need to have is 6 cups of broth, pre-cooked chicken breast and some tortilla chips to throw on top. (FYI- I'm glad it's not hot/spicy. Throw in chili powder if you're into that.) These are really healthy, tasty ingredients. I ran into this in a nice local market and it was $7 or $8! I figured it was worth a try because making it on my own takes so long. I'm really glad I checked Amazon and can get two soups for that price.

I need to try other flavors now...

Save Your Retirement: What to Do If You Haven't Saved Enough or If Your Investments Were Devastated by the Market Meltdown
by Paul B. Brown
Price: $14.27
53 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book no matter what stage of life you're in., July 1, 2009
The cover caught my eye and the content kept my attention. Save your Retirement provides the most comprehensive, infinitely practical advice I have ever read. The author doesn't confuse the reader with complicated terms (nor does he treat you like an idiot, like other books). I have recommended this book to friends. It is packed full of great information regardless what stage of life you are in, it helps you form an action plan. The book also mentions an accompanying website, [...] I've browsed through the information there and their sister site [...] which has a lot of great financial articles about more than just retirement.

Sew Fast Sew Easy: All You Need to Know When You Start to Sew
Sew Fast Sew Easy: All You Need to Know When You Start to Sew
by Elissa K. Meyrich
34 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars there are better books, December 25, 2008
I bought this book based on the reviews along with Sew Everything Workshop. This book was thin, it didn't have much information, and only three patterns. If you use the patterns, it's worth the books cost. A better bet though is Sew Everything Workshop. It's packed with well-organized and interesting information. It comes with ten patterns (you'll duplicate them if you buy both books). I'm an absolute beginner, I just bought my sewing machine this week but even for a beginner Sew Fast, Sew Easy isn't worth the money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2010 6:04 PM PDT

Sew Everything Workshop: The Complete Step-by-Step Beginner's Guide with 25 Fabulous Original Designs, Including 10 Patterns
by Diana Rupp
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $19.96
77 used & new from $6.93

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book. not too advanced for begineers., December 25, 2008
After reading many reviews, I bought this book and Sew Fast, So Easy. It seemed like a good combo since I don't know anything about sewing and this book seemed a bit advanced. It's packed with information but detailed enough to be the go to book for a beginner. I wish I could return Sew Fast, So Easy. There is just so much more in this book. I was threading my machine last week and I didn't know what was wrong. This book has a short blurb on drop-in bobbins that mentioned the thread had to go clockwise. Even my Janome sewing machine's manual didn't bother to specify and the picture didn't make it clear that it was clockwise. I'm very impressed with the author and look forward to reading her other books.

Page: 1 | 2