Profile for WILLIAM > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WILLIAM "Billy Beck III" RSS Feed (Florida)

MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom
MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective and extremely intelligent approach to mastering your moo-lah $$$ (and for a great cause), November 23, 2014
I read A LOT of books and have read many financial books. I'm about two-thirds through the book but feel compelled to write a review. I have learned more about how to "master the money game" than I have in my entire life. More importantly, I've already taken action and created my personal plan. You know what's even better? The book is written in an entertaining, page-turning way so much so that I look forward to reading it. There's nothing worse than forcing yourself through a book only to forget it all the next day.
(you know what I'm talking about ha! :)
One of the other reviews said it was basic and a lot of fluff/filler. I didn't get that. What Tony constantly refers to is that it is not what you know, it's what you do. The truth is that if you are looking for some magic, "get rich quick" short cut then you are not going to find it here or anywhere.
"Money: Master the Game" outlines a simple, effective and extremely intelligent approach to mastering your finances. It requires focus and consistent, intelligent action.
I can't tell you if this is the best book for you but you know as much as I do that you will never know unless you "take a bite." Hope you enjoy as much as I am. Before I sign off...my utmost respect to Tony for donating all of the money from this book and beyond to provide 100 million meals to the hungry. (each book sold provides about 50 meals)
For anyone to put in the massive amount of time and energy to write and promote a book and then to give it all away is beyond admirable. I must say that I am inspired to become wealthier and make the world even more awesome too! Thank you Tony! Hats off to you :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 7:56 PM PST

Strength Training for Fat Loss
Strength Training for Fat Loss
by Nick Tumminello
Price: $14.64
55 used & new from $10.36

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For Every Serious Personal Trainer!, May 15, 2014
I own a training center and have a team of 15 personal trainers. We are all nerdy in that we LOVE to read, learn and go to seminars. Nick Tumminello is our go-to guy to bring us up to speed on the latest and greatest in the fitness arena. In fact, we are now using his book as part of our continuing education program.
What I love about Strength Training For Fat Loss is that...
1. there is zero fluff...everything in it is useful.
2. It is well researched and not merely opinion.
3. It easy to apply. Some books and programs require you to read every page in sequence...not this one. You can open it up to any page and walk away with a pearl of wisdom.
4. It makes my job easier. Einstein defined genius as the ability to take the complex and confusing and communicating it into a simple strategy that anyone can benefit from. ( I paraphrase). That's exactly what Nick Tumminello has done with the science of using strength training for fat loss.
5. You can read this book in an hour or two. I love that you can sit down with a protein shake and walk away smarter and more motivated to be your best!
I could go on but you get the point. It's awesome!

Contagious: Why Things Catch On
Contagious: Why Things Catch On
by Jonah Berger
Price: $13.97
177 used & new from $3.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Results-Driven & Actionable Strategies, March 11, 2013
Just read this book...it's a quick read and I must say it includes not just research but also real life examples which makes the information really simple to understand and put to use. I read A LOT of books and have probably written 2 or 3 reviews to promote the really awesome ones that can make a difference in the world. Contagious is a must read for anyone who wants to create positive change.

Bodies of Light: Enlightenment for Every Body
Bodies of Light: Enlightenment for Every Body
by Dr. Lee Vickers
Price: $26.08
28 used & new from $23.55

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book ROCKS!!!, September 18, 2012
If you have an open mind then this book is worth at least 10 times what you will pay for it. I have spent thousands of dollars going to seminars from everything from Tony Robbins, fitness, nutrition, you name it, I probably did it. And this is by far the one thing that has had the greatest impact on my life.
What I like most about it other than that its awesome is that it took only minutes a day to do it. I'm going to tell you that you can change your entire outlook on life by doing bodies of light each day.
Honestly, I was pretty skeptical but a few of my most trusted clients raved about it so I figured I would give it a shot. Most people aren't willing to take a bite...to just be open and try something. Once you take a bite out of this light filled apple your life will never be the same again. Your health is going to be so amazing when you do this technique daily. The way you feel about yourself is going to change dramatically when you do it. You will have more energy to achieve your fitness goals when you do Bodies of Light daily. If you have the energy then you can achieve anything. You just have to do it to see what it will do for your life.

The 14 Day Get Lean Diet: A Nutrition Plan That Works!
The 14 Day Get Lean Diet: A Nutrition Plan That Works!
by Gregg Avedon
Price: $22.49
25 used & new from $18.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Muscle Chow?, March 8, 2012
I am a personal trainer and know Gregg Avedon personally. In fact, he is one of my best friends. Now before you write off my review you should know that I NEVER promote anything I don't believe in and all of my friends know I speak the truth. I don't sugar coat anything. If Gregg's book stinks, I will be the first to tell him. So here it goes:
Gregg's other book, Muscle Chow, is a best seller. It is much longer than the 14 day diet. It requires you to spend some time absorbing the information packed pages and planning on how to best put it to use. If you are the type of person who loves that process and regularly reads entire books then Muscle Chow is the best option for you. The 14 day diet is designed for the other group of people who want the ACTION PLAN. If you are the type of person that skips to the "what do I do" section then the 14 Day Diet is for you. Honestly, most people are in this category and need a book that is straight to the point and easy to put to use. The great thing about both books is that it is coming from someone who is in his late 40s and may very well be the world's best built man. And he LIVES it. I know a lot of people with great physiques that eat twizzlers and pizza daily yet look amazing. Gregg isn't one of those people. He has mastered the art of living a lean life! I believe that the best way to learn is to model the most successful people. If you agree then follow in Gregg's foot steps.

Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul
Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul
by Howard Schultz
335 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for all Business Leaders & Entrepreneurs, April 17, 2011
I am just about to finish the book...only a few pages left but I had to write a review. I don't write them very often but this book really resonated with me. Unlike a lot of business books written on leadership that are based on theory, ONWARD is a true story of one man's passion to restore his vision for his company. What I really enjoyed was how he didn't glorify himself. Howard was truly authentic in his communication. He had doubts, fears and made mistakes just like we all do. Basically, what I am saying is that you can learn a lot about business from this book but you will learn even more about the mindset and strategies of a true leader and what makes him tick. I am inspired by ONWARD and can't wait to get back to it. My copy is already full of notes, ideas and plans that I have already begun to implement in my company (with noticeable results) I highly recommend ONWARD!

The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated)
by Timothy Ferriss
Price: $12.00
282 used & new from $5.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The 4-Hour Workweek, December 17, 2010
The 4 Hour Workweek is a entertaining read but more than the entertainment factor Tim Ferriss has lived what he teaches. So few authors actually live it. I respect him for that and for being bold enough to be original. If you haven't read this book yet then you are missing out. It rocks!

Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
by Gary Vaynerchuk
Price: $16.27
303 used & new from $0.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Powerful Read!!! CRUSHED IT!!!, October 19, 2009
I picked up a copy of CRUSH IT after about two dozen influential friends and mentors suggested it. I figured it would be good but I didn't expect it to be GREAT! It was in fact, a GREAT read filled with potent information. Where a lot of books go on and on with example after example to fill pages. Gary V went to work and brought you the meat and potatoes. Everything you need to succeed in social media is right here. I am looking forward to putting it to work. Heck, Gary has already been to the promised so why not follow his lead? I HIGHLY recommend CRUSH IT!
Even the title is cool! Get it now and prosper!

Life's Golden Ticket: An Inspirational Novel
Life's Golden Ticket: An Inspirational Novel
by Brendon Burchard
Price: $11.78
86 used & new from $5.60

5.0 out of 5 stars In times like these, there could not be a better time to read this one!, September 19, 2009
I bought Life's Golden Ticket after about a dozen people recommended it to me. At first, I didn't pick a copy up because I don't read much fiction. After a few of my really successful clients recommended it then I decided to read it and am I happy I did. This book is a page turner. I have heard people say that they simply could not put a book down but I had never experienced it like I did with Life's Golden Ticket. I was not the only one either. My girlfriend devoured it on a plane ride. It was lIke I wasn't even sitting next to her. She was enthralled in the message of the story. Brendon Burchard did an excellent job painting a vibrant picture of each scene. Within those powerful images you could relate to the characters and bring home a lesson pertinent to where you are in life. In a time of uncertainty, immense change and negativity there could not be a better time to read Life's Golden Ticket. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in living life to its fullest. To those who complain and criticize and whine then you are probably better off watching reality tv. :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2009 7:34 PM PDT

Men's Health Muscle Chow: More Than 150 Easy-to-Follow Recipes to Burn Fat and Feed Your Muscles
by Gregg Avedon
Price: $15.66
116 used & new from $5.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Even my Mom loved it!, January 4, 2008
I read this book and absolutely loved it. As a trainer, my clients are always asking me the question, "what can I eat for _______(breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks)? If you want to know what you can eat that will get you lean while tasting GREAT then this is the book for you. While it is a book written for men, I got a copy for my mom and she loved it! Within 3 hours she had the entire book outlined and already chose the recipes that she was going to make. This is a book that will not collect dust. It is filled with easily applied and effective information.