Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th
Profile for J. B. Fahnline > Reviews

Browse

J. B. Fahnline's Profile

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. B. Fahnline RSS Feed (State College, Pa USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
eBags TLS Professional Slim Laptop Backpack (Solid Black)
eBags TLS Professional Slim Laptop Backpack (Solid Black)
Offered by eBags
Price: $93.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not perfect, January 12, 2016
This is a nice backpack for traveling. It has a ton of compartments and places to store things. Everything seems very well constructed. My only compaint is that the bag will tend to tip over if too much is stored in the front pockets. It would also be nice if it was a little smaller so that it would easily fit under an airline seat. It will go under, but some of it sticks out, so that you lose a little leg room.

FiiO M3 8GB Micro-Portable Digital Music Player (Ivory)
FiiO M3 8GB Micro-Portable Digital Music Player (Ivory)
Offered by All About Office
Price: $55.00
13 used & new from $50.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice player once you get the right language, December 22, 2015
This is a nice little player, with the emphasis on little. I just got it, and I would agree with the other reviews that the user interface could use some work. It claims that the player will ask you to pick a language on first use. Either I missed it, or it was in Chinese! It's not easy to figure out how switch the language without a decent manual, but their website gave me a hint. They say that the buttons function not only with a click, but also with a click and hold. Holding the upper left button accessed a menu that allowed me to change the the language. I have an X1, so I am already familiar with most of the functionality. I would suggest looking at the X1 manual if you are having trouble interpreting the symbols. Aside from the language problem, everything seems to work as expected. For $55, I think this is a steal!

Update 1/12/16

I've had a chance to use the player for a while and I'm still very impressed. Ultimately, I think the software actually functions better than on the X1, especially when trying to update the media library for large numbers of songs. This takes a very long time on the X1, so much so that I'm reluctant to change the settings. It is much faster on the M2. I would love to see some one come out with a case for it. The outer skin is some kind of hard plastic, and it seems like it might scratch.

Update 2/4/2016

I believe that the player currently has a maximum number of songs that it recognizes . I've seen the number listed as 4000, although I'm not sure. They had this same problem with the X1 and eventually updated the firmware. I'll update if new firmware is available to fix the problem.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2016 4:28 AM PDT

Veronica Mars Season One
Veronica Mars Season One
DVD
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mystery series, August 2, 2015
Having gone through the whole series in a few months, I would say it is as good as any mystery series I've watched. Obviously, the actual mysteries are interesting, but the dialogue is very funny. They have a bit of a hard time at the start of the 2nd and 3rd seasons manufacturing new plot lines, but ultimately they succeed. I'm bummed out the series got cancelled because I would gladly have watched more.

Infinity Wallet Men's Minimalist Wallet Blue
Infinity Wallet Men's Minimalist Wallet Blue
Offered by Infinity Wallet
Price: $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hot days, July 26, 2015
I was looking for a small wallet to take with me on hot days when I'm wearing thin shorts. This is perfect! It will hold a few cards and the center "thru" hole for cash is a great idea. At first it doesn't seem like your money will stay in place, but I haven't had any issues at all.

FiiO X1 High Resolution Digital Lossless Media Player (Silver)
FiiO X1 High Resolution Digital Lossless Media Player (Silver)
Offered by GMartGlobal
Price: $99.99
61 used & new from $74.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One fatal flaw: 5800 song limit - Fixed with firware update!, June 27, 2015
This is a very nice player at a reasonable price with one fatal flaw. At the moment, it can only index 5800 songs, which only gives me access to about a third of my music collection. I only discovered this problem after using it for a while and wondering why certain bands kept playing over and over while other ones never get played. After searching and not being able to find a specific album that I knew was on the sd card, I started poking around on their website and found a discussion of the 5800 song limit. Someone had noticed the problem and asked when it would be fixed. He was reassured that it would be corrected quickly, but that was months ago, and they still haven't updated the firmware. I'll try to remember to update my review when they fix the problem.

UPDATE: They have finally released a firmware upgrade that fixes the 5800 song limit! I gave it an extra star and may adjust my rating after using it for a while.

Helly Hansen Men's Seven J Light Insulated Rain Jacket
Helly Hansen Men's Seven J Light Insulated Rain Jacket
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Warmer than your average rain jacket, April 3, 2015
I have several nice rain jackets, but none of them are all that useful when the temperature is in the 30's or 40's without wearing a lot of layers underneath. This jacket is very warm considering how light weight it is. It is perfect for cold mornings with rain in the forcast later in the day. It's hard to tell from the photos, but the outer material is more like a woven fabric than plastic, so that I have been wearing it even when rain is not in the forecast. My only complaint is the hood. Even with the multiple adjustments that can be made, I don't think it fits all that well. It's a relatively small gripe, and I don't think it is worth deducting a star.

Amici Nevara Hermetic Bottles, 68oz - Set of 2
Amici Nevara Hermetic Bottles, 68oz - Set of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but expensive!, December 20, 2014
These are very nice, heavy-duty bottles. The caps seem to work well. I would have given them 5 stars except the price seems too high.

Actiontec Verizon High Speed Internet DSL Wireless N Modem and Router (GT784WNV)
10 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but no 5 ghz antenna, February 20, 2014
I've spent a fair amount of time trying to use this router to stream windows media center recordings to my android tablet, where I use MX Player Pro to play them. It is frustratingly close to working, but I always up up with stuttering due to lack of throughput. On both my tablet and my windows laptop, my internet connection lists a speed of 72 mbps, which should be more than enough to stream the videos. I found an app named network monitor mini which shows the actual connection speed in MX Player Pro. The maxiumum actual download speed I'm obtaining is about 25 mbps. With some more effort, I was able to determine a number of my neighbors also have 2.4 ghz routers, although my signal is the strongest in my house. After poking around on the web, I found some discussions of how router must "queue" up when there are several signals at the same frequency. My best guess is that this is causing the problem. I was also able to use another app named wifi optimizer (polyglotz) to determine that there are no 5 ghz signals at all, including from this router. Looking through the specs, I didn't find much documentation, but after poking around on the web, I determined that this only has a 2.4 ghz antenna. Ultimately, I think this router is fine for most usage, but not for streaming hi def videos in a region with a number of competing 2.4 ghz signals. For large throughput, it seems you are better off looking for a router with 5 ghz capability.

14" Keyboard Slide -Heavy Duty Steel Construction
14" Keyboard Slide -Heavy Duty Steel Construction
Offered by Cabinet Connection
Price: $21.22
5 used & new from $12.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, February 20, 2014
This is a nice keboard slide that you can adapt to your own needs fairly easily. The sliding mechanism is smooth and if feels well-made. It will lock into place in the extended position.

CTA Digital Height-Adjustable Gooseneck Floor Stand for iPad 2nd-4th generation (PAD-AFS)
Price: $24.93
147 used & new from $19.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but some components are of lesser quality, February 14, 2014
The gooseneck component and tube that holds it are of high quality, but the base is not as good. I may eventually make a better base and it should be easy to connect to the tube with screws.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3