ARRAY(0x9ef93cd8)

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Anderson "This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security." RSS Feed (Orlando)

Gerber Infinity Ultra LED Task Light, Red #22-80013
Gerber Infinity Ultra LED Task Light, Red #22-80013

2.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a general use flashlight!, January 1, 2009
I purchased this product because I thought it would be nice to keep my night vision while hiking nature trails at night. However, this light does not satisfactorily light my path, I think the issue is the LED has no lens so it disperses quickly.

I have used this light to read my star chart and it has been perfect for that type of use.

In my opinion this is a well built, long lasting, night vision preserving reading light, and a good one, but it just doesn't cut it as a general use light.

High Performance MySQL: Optimization, Backups, Replication, and More
High Performance MySQL: Optimization, Backups, Replication, and More
by Jon Warren Lentz
45 used & new from $1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing must have, December 28, 2008
If you have ever so much as sneezed near a MySQL statement you must read this book. I have been using MySQL and reading other books for at least a decade but had no idea how much I didn't know (had never thought of this way). This book is very well written, very useful and practical, detailed for complex concepts but high level for noob-esk items. At first I found the structure odd but after finishing I wouldn't change it. Even if you are not looking for 'performance' there is so much useful MySQL fundamentals clearly explained it is extremely useful. Just as a case in point, I lent it to a graphics designer whoes code is abstracted by an automated framework and it still helped him to make drastic improvements by more clearly understanding the impact his requests had. He has since not only purchased the book but passed it on to several others. Did I mention he was a graphics designer recommending a book about 'that database stuff'?

Hope this helps, best regards and may your coding be bug free...

Eureka! Zeus 2 Classic - Tent (sleeps 2)
Eureka! Zeus 2 Classic - Tent (sleeps 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, December 28, 2008
I purchased this to lighten my pack on a backcountry trip and it has become my primary tent. Couldn't be easier to set up, doesn't even need a separate rain fly (like I am used to). I can attest to its stability in high winds. The front alcove is infinitely usefully and opens wide enough to get it out of the way. When I set it up it looked small from the outside but inside, easily fit two people with gear. Even played cards comfortably. The jury is still out on the floor which feels extremely thin and fragile, I am taking extreme measures to clean sticks and rocks from under it so we will see (that is why I am holding back one star)...

Hope this helps, best regards and happy camping!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2012 8:42 PM PDT

Panasonic RPHT355 Basic Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Panasonic RPHT355 Basic Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well and truely worth the money!, December 28, 2008
I am writing this as I am getting ready to purchase a replacement for my 4 year old set. I work from home, during which time I listen to Pandora Internet Radio and then, for my roommates sake, watch TV with them. The long standing joke to determine if I am home is to find the headphones. However, for the hundredth time I left my 4 year old pair on the sofa and they got sat on(again), cracking the plastic on the right ear just above the cup. They still work, except that the right ear doesn't fit snugly.

Testaments to durability:
a. These survived two years in a dorm room (need I say more)...
b. On more than one occasion the cord got stuck or under foot and yanked the headphones off my head onto my stone floor.

Issues:
a. Recently I have to flick the volume control to get the left channel to come on but I live in Florida (the salt air corrodes everything).
b. The ear cups have flaked past the point I thought they could flake and then some, leaving little black pieces around the ears.
c. After listening for a while the lack of air flow makes the ear cups hot and stuffy (but you get used to it).
d. They are quite when used with portable devices.

Pros:
a. Sound great from day one till now!
b. The long cord is perfect for my purposes (I can even get up while watching tv and turn on the fan without removing headphones, love it)
c. The volume control is convent to have on the headphones
d. They fit my big head comfortably and would probably do the same for my cat, the adjustablilty is extreme
e. The headphones are light-enough

Hope this helps, best regards!