Profile for ibglowin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ibglowin RSS Feed (Lost Almost, NM)

Page: 1 | 2
Hanna Instruments HI 98128W pH and Temperature Tester with Solutions for Wine
Hanna Instruments HI 98128W pH and Temperature Tester with Solutions for Wine
Price: $90.25
5 used & new from $84.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong after 3 years!, October 18, 2013
Purchased 3 years ago this month (October 2010). I have used this little guy every month as a home winemaker checking pH levels as well as making TA measurements. I am still on the same set of batteries and they are now at 99% charge. Amazing. I always rinse well with lots of H2O after using them and I always calibrate with buffer solution before making measurements. Some people have had problems and others like me must have gotten a good one. No problems dunking the meter into solutions but I have not dropped it in completely. Seems pretty tight and sealed well. The buttons are holding up and it is simple and straightforward to calibrate. Just went through the crush of 2013 and used it almost daily for several weeks its seemed. Again it worked flawlessly. Over all very happy with my purchase.

SAMSUNG Assembly GUARD REF-R; AW2 - Part Number: DA97-06419C
SAMSUNG Assembly GUARD REF-R; AW2 - Part Number: DA97-06419C
Offered by QuickShipParts
Price: $24.11
2 used & new from $24.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement shelf for Samsung fridge, July 19, 2013
Fit perfectly, just make sure you are ordering the right part. Our Samsung French (3 door) refrigerator shelf was only 2 years old and this thing broke off when we went to put something back into it one day. Plastic seems very brittle now after only 2 years, perhaps the cold. This was not the fastest thing to ship, seems like it took a week or more to ship out then arrived in a couple more days after that. Wasn't in a big hurry as the shelf bottom was still in tac so things were held in place well while this arrived. Overall happy with the item.

Honda Accord Dual Logos Chrome Metal License Plate Frame, Lifetime Warranty
Honda Accord Dual Logos Chrome Metal License Plate Frame, Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Car Beyond Store
Price: $31.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, July 19, 2013
Nice high quality chrome plate, fairly heavy, nice finish. Shipping was pretty fast but the packaging was less than optimal IMHO. It was stuffed into a Priority Mail envelope and had just a thin, repeat thin piece of bubble wrap to protect it. USPS is NOT the most gentle carrier to say the least. Mine arrived OK with no damage or being bent. It really should have been sent in a box of sorts other than that happy with the product quality overall.

Peppermint Double Milk Chocolate Truffle Cremes - Dilettante 24oz Tub
Peppermint Double Milk Chocolate Truffle Cremes - Dilettante 24oz Tub
Offered by Seattle Gourmet Foods
Price: $19.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Closest thing to a Frango yet!, October 14, 2012
We found the 24oz bag at Costco last week. This seems to only be around for the Holidays so stock up if you find them at your club. That said they are about half the price at Costco as they are going for here at Amazon so if you have a membership head there fast. As a long time Frango lover we are always looking for a Frango like chocolate since we only get to Seattle every other year or so to visit family. Very happy to report that these truffle creme mints are the closest knockoffs yet. Since Macy's bought out the Bon Marche years ago Frango's seem to have changed anyway (not as good as they used to be) The secret ingredient that is slightly lacking in these mints is of course bad for you and that is salt. These are just slightly less salty than the real deal but probably better for you as far as your blood pressure goes. Of course if you want to make it taste like the real deal just grab your salt grinder and hit it with a light coating and pop in your mouth and you will have the perfect winning combination of chocolate, mint, sweet, salty in one glorious fell swoop. WARNING: As others have noted these things are ADDICTING! But so well worth it. Highly recommended!

Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST2000DM001
Price: $83.50
128 used & new from $53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect in 27" 2009 late model iMac!, April 26, 2012
Giving this guy 5 stars out of the box. Should it not last or develop problems I will edit the stars and the review. For now I am a VERY HAPPY camper. I got this installed on 4/25/12 based on another users review (here on Amazon) that said this drive worked in his late 2009 iMac. Happy to report the same experience. If you have done any research on the problem with these late model iMacs it is that Apple installed a temp sensor that connects to the drive as well as the power and SATA cable so you have 3 cables to disconnect and reconnect on the drive. If you have a Seagate drive you have to replace with a Seagate drive or the fans will spin out of control as there is no temp feedback. Disassembly and installation took me about an hour since this was my first time. I could do it again in 30 min if I had to do it again. Not really that hard if you have any experience doing things like this. Just make sure you have the suction cups and a decent set of Torx screwdrivers. There are videos on youtube an good detailed pics on ifixit.com as well. I went from a 1TB drive to a 2TB drive so nice to have twice the amount of storage. Apple will only install the same size drive if you take it to them for this repair. They will charge you $285 for the drive, $49 for the install and another $99 to transfer your data to the new computer if you can't do it yourself. My drive had a sticker on the sealed wrapper that said it was made in China. Perhaps the ones that failed quickly or were DOA were made in Thailand and suffered from flood damage (like many other drives). Time will tell. I will back this guy up as soon as I get everything updated and all apps working again from the data transfer that took most of last night to finish. If you don't have a Seagate drive you have to purchase a Western Digital drive. To find which drive you have go to "About this Mac" and click on "more info" then Serial-ATA. You will see the model number installed. Google that number to find out exactly which drive you have.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2013 6:38 AM PDT

Second Cousins
Second Cousins
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars White Sands Missile Range Meets E.T.?, May 10, 2011
This review is from: Second Cousins (Kindle Edition)
Is it even remotely possible? I don't want to give any of the plot away but suffice it to say this was indeed a wonderful piece of pure science fiction novella. Fascinating from start to finish. I found myself wanting more detail on everything. Loved all the references to life in New Mexico and the unique scenic beauty of the surrounding desert southwest. An area that does indeed hold its secrets for thousands and thousands of years.....

Quick paced from start to finish you won't want to put this one down. Highly recommended and certainly a steal at only $2.99!

Digital Audio To Analog Audio Converter
Digital Audio To Analog Audio Converter
Price: $53.64
63 used & new from $33.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect with AppleTV 2 (stereo source), March 24, 2011
I recently updated from an AppleTV (1) to an AppleTV (2). Like others have noted the ATV2 has digital out only. I have a newer Onkyo A/V receiver with HDMI connections. We have a set of outdoor speakers on the patio for Summer get togethers and such and it was great to pump iTunes though the Zone2 portion of the Onkyo out to the patio. Only problem is the inputs on the receiver are analog only for this hook up. This looked like the only viable option available. Hook up was a breeze, literally less than 5 minutes. Works perfectly! Nice and clear, no buzzing or hissing. Good loud signal to boot. Nice when something works as advertised right out of the box. I wish it would have cost only $30 but oh well, at least it worked as advertised for 2 channel stereo which is all I wanted. The addition of the optical cable being included helped offset the high cost a bit I suppose.

Overall very satisfied. Hopefully it will last me a longtime. If it dies within the first year I will update my review for sure. For now, works perfect!

PUR 18 Cup Dispenser with One Pitcher Filter DS-1800Z
PUR 18 Cup Dispenser with One Pitcher Filter DS-1800Z
Offered by Googol Shop
Price: $19.99
48 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible tasting water, July 12, 2010
This thing is amazing. I have pretty good water to start with but wanted to clean it up more to use in one of those expensive expresso coffee machines. This takes ordinary water and turns it into something hard to describe. The water coming out truly taste amazing. I wish they made a larger reservoir as it seems like I am always filling it up. The price is a bargain for what you get. The filter should last me around 3-4 months at my rate of consumption. Very happy consumer here.

Samsung LN19B360 19-Inch 720p LCD HDTV, Black
Samsung LN19B360 19-Inch 720p LCD HDTV, Black
5 used & new from $110.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, just not as great as other larger Samsung TV's, June 30, 2009
Pros:
Nice design
Fast channel switching
Lots of input options
Can be wall mounted, bracket included.

Cons
Poor speakers, hollow tinny sound that comes from the bottom
Poor viewing angle unless almost direct on. On top of the refrigerator is not a good choice, can't tilt downward

For $300 I expected more than this mostly below average HDTV.

Winegard AP8275 Chromstar 2000 Signal Amplifier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Winegard AP8275 Chromstar 2000 Signal Amplifier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, works perfect!, June 18, 2009
I previously had a UHF only preamp and had to install this as 2 of my local DTV stations switched back to VHF so I needed a UHF/VHF combo. I hooked this up to my Channel Master 4228 UHF only antenna and I was pleasantly surprised to see this antenna pull in VHF Ch-7 as well as VHF Ch-13 with a strong 75-85% signal. I am 45 miles away from the towers in my area and have good line of sight. I thought I was going to have to go out and purchase a new antenna but this preamp does such a good job that combined with the antenna I am good to go. I might also mention that I have this great of a signal even AFTER it is split 4 ways to other rooms in the house.

Highly recommended!