Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for David N. Habedank > Reviews

Browse

David N. Habedank's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David N. Habedank RSS Feed

FIFA 14 - Playstation 3
FIFA 14 - Playstation 3
Offered by nategamers
Price: $12.25
243 used & new from $5.48

4.0 out of 5 stars People are forgetting the L1 button, September 26, 2013
I picked up FIFA 14 on launch day. Traded in FIFA 13 for it. After my first two games, I felt like I wished I still had FIFA 13. As a matter of fact, I had planned to spend my entire day Tuesday going hard on 14, and after two games put the controller down.
On first play, it has a different feel to it. The AI midfielders and defenders are almost like a swarm. You can't take speedy wings or outside midfielders down the line as far as you could in previous FIFA games. They cut you off. They play hard, get very physical, and just overall play better team defense.

The menu lags, like other people have posted. It lagged a little at times in 13. The menu lag in this one is worse.
I also agree with another reviewer on scouting players for career mode. Before, when you are doing a career mode as a manager, you could see what people are rated, and what their skill levels are. Now, you get not one thing about a player unless you send a scout. And your scouts skills to recognize their actual numbers vary. If my whole life revolved around this one game, I guess that would be ok. But I have a life, and a son and job, and I find this time consuming, annoying, and this was a bad idea in my opinion.

So Wednesday, I accepted the changes in my head and gave it another go. A few games into a season now and I'm doing much better and you will too if you give it some time. Like others complaining on here about passing to someone and it bouncing away from them right to the other team, I had that going to. The answer is L1. There are different variations of receiving a pass using the L1 button, with some other combinations to do more advanced things. But if you pass, as soon as you control the person receiving the ball, just simply hold L1 and they will control it, instead of it flying off to the other team. It's all right there listed in the moves/controls section of the game. I didn't know either until I checked it out.

I thought 13 was pretty realistic. 14 IS realistic. If you watch pro soccer, you have to play this video game with the strategy of a pro soccer game. It makes you realize how much 13 was like an arcade game, which wasn't my opinion until now. Like I said, if you understand soccer, play this game with the understanding of the game to succeed. I am enjoying it now, which I didn't think I would after my first two games. I will say however, that even though I am getting used to it, and all the realism that it brings, in all honesty, I liked the slightly less realism of 13 better.

Four stars. Docked a star for menu lag and this new way to have to scout everybody to find a fit for your team. I don't have time for that and it will irritate me for the next year. Please EA, don't do that again.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2014 11:58 PM PDT

The Last of Us - PlayStation 3
The Last of Us - PlayStation 3
Price: $17.47
384 used & new from $3.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Had Me Hooked From Start To Finish, June 20, 2013
I've read some reviews on here and wanted to touch on some things. I finished this game last night and gave the multiplayer a spin.

Some complaints I have read on here mostly consist of the load time, long cut scenes, not relating to the characters, and comparisons to Batman Arkham Asylum.

Load time...We all want to put our game in and start right up and get right in to the action. Some people do not get, that when games have a ton of content, push the graphics as far as they can be pushed, cut scenes, a lot of audio content both conversations and sound, it takes awhile to load. I compare the load time to being almost that of Metal Gear 4, sitting there for quite awhile watching Snake smoke. With The Last Of Us, you are watching spores fly around on a black screen instead of Snake taking drags off of a cigarette. Both games are loading a ton of content. If you have no patience, if you can't get up and go do something other than sit on the couch for a couple minutes, this and Metal Gear 4 are not the games for you.

The cut scenes are there because the story and the character development is deep in this game. Maybe REALLY getting to know the characters of a game or their relationships are not that important to some. Again however, comparing to Metal Gear 4, the cut scenes in The Last Of Us are not even close to the lenth of MG4. Anyone who complains that the cut scenes in this game are "too long", I would pay money to watch that same person play Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty, when Otocons step sister died, and he lost it hysterically...3 TIMES over the course of 25 minutes!! This isn't even remotely close to that, not even in the same ball park.

I was hooked on this because I am a dad, I am a fan of The Walking Dead, I liked I Am Legend, so I easily related to the Main character Joel. I would say more about his own character development, and the relationship development with Ellie and what I liked about it so much, but I don't think I could without spoilers.

I didn't feel like this played like Batman. I felt like it played like Uncharted, or Tomb Raider, without Drake or Lara's climbing skills. One thing I wish they would have had in the game play, like Batman and like Uncharted 3 is the trianle button as a counter move when being attacked by multiple people from multiple directions. Instead the triangle is used for stealth attack to grab someone you have snuck up on.

The graphics of this game are extremely detailed and some of the best I have seen in console games. It's beautiful. It isn't always fast paced. There is a lot of looking around and finding things to be able to construct med packs, or molitov cocktails or nail bombs. But when it does get tense, it gets really tense. And some areas you really have to think and use your head instead of running and gunning. Some people might not like that notion either. I loved it and loved the mental challenge it brought of "how do I sneak out of this situation", or "how do I draw these people or mutations away from one another to take them out one at a time silently". Loved it.

The sound is amazing. One of the best sounding games I have played as well. Voice acting is also very good.

Multiplayer, I wasn't that impressed. It's not horrible, but I wasn't really enjoying myself with what it offered. 4 vs 4. You can use the sound sense you have in the game to locate movement for a limited time. I got shot through walls a few times, and when I got shot through a wall with an arrow, that was the end for me. I can think of other multiplayer games to play and enjoy more.

So I hope this addressed issues for anyone reading multiple reviews in to helping you either purchase this game, or save your money if it's not for you. The single player campaign was definitly for me. It is a third person shooter with a robust story and character development mixed into the game play, that does a better job of achieving the story, characters and gameplay in a much MUCH more timely manner than any Metal Gear Game has done. And I love Metal Gear, but the conversations and cut scenes are so overkill. The Last Of Us is graphically beautiful, with amazing sound, great voice acting, and a game that really sucked me in from start to finish. And Winter, was my favorite season to play through in the game. That was some messed up stuff in Winter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2013 5:50 PM PDT

Lego City: Undercover - Nintendo Wii U
Lego City: Undercover - Nintendo Wii U
Offered by GameRoomsWithStyle
Price: $49.99
142 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lego game yet., March 22, 2013
I have played every lego game there is to play. My son and I have enjoyed them all, although I really didn't dig the Harry Potter ones personally. But all the different Star Wars games, the Indiana Jones, both Batman, Pirates of the Carribean, Lord of the Rings. We have played them all. This is by far the best yet.
I have not played it, as the one draw back to it is that it is a one player game, but have watched my son play it. Despite that, the use of the WiiU controller makes up for it. He has used it as a map. He has used it as a voice scanner to find bad guys (and if you target someone who is not a bad guy, the voice is usually saying something funny). He has used it to scan the city for bad guys (rotating around the living room 360 degrees sometimes to find them. I think it's cool, and as a kid, he loves it.
Your character evloves as the game goes on. Instead of multiple characters that have different actions to go back in free play and find new things, the main character gets different costumes that you can pick at any time to unlock new things. You collect bricks to build boats and bridges and such to open up new areas of the city. You can get into any vehicle and drive, almost like Grand Theft Auto, except instead of pulling someone out of their car and throwing them to the ground, you flash your badge and say "police buisness" and the people just give you their car. So very kid friendly.
I read a review that said the driving is horrible, and the guy only played the game like five minutes. My son struggled with the driving too and handed me the controller. I will say it was rough at first, but I got used to it in less than five minutes. There is this thing called a brake, that you have to use when coming up on corners and turning. Most of us do that in real life while driving.
Lego City Undercover is an open world Lego Game. Way bigger and better than the open Gotham City world in Lego Batman 2.
The load time could be better, that is true. But when it does load, and you get into that open world of Lego City, the complaint of the load time quickly vanishes.
If you or your child have played the Lego video games and enjoyed them, this is the best one yet.

Dredd [3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UltraViolet]
Dredd [3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UltraViolet]
DVD ~ Lena Headey
Offered by Park Slope Outlet
Price: $9.14
79 used & new from $3.76

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hidden Gem Of 2012, November 29, 2012
I didn't see one trailer for this movie in the theater. I didn't see one commercial on tv either. This movie was not advertised at all. The only reason I gave this movie a chance, was because of yahoo user reviews. I cannot wait to own this on blu ray. Plenty of other more detailed reviews here, but know this...I loved the Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. This movie did not have the budget those movies did, not even close. The story is not as epic as those movies either. But I had more fun watching this movie, than any other movie in 2012. My girlfriend even liked it better than any blockbuster this year too. It is fast paced. The soundtrack (and I rarely even notice the soundtrack of a movie these days) fits this movie and the pace of it perfectly. For an action film, the acting is above what you would expect. I am not a movie critic so I am going to stop here. I just felt compelled to write SOMETHING here because I saw, loved, and will be owning this bluray when it comes out because of word of mouth. I'm throwing a Dredd party the day I get this in the mail. If you like action films and missed this in the theater, do yourself a favor and give it a chance.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2013 1:06 PM PDT