Profile for R. C. Bowman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 187

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. C. Bowman RSS Feed (Elyllon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Revlon Nutrifusion Conditioning Curling Iron, 3/4 inch
Revlon Nutrifusion Conditioning Curling Iron, 3/4 inch
Price: $18.46
2 used & new from $18.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Iron, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a decent curling iron, and worth the money. I didn't see any particular benefit with the oil - in fact, I didn't even notice it - but otherwise this is a good product. It produces a long lasting curl, and I have no complaints.

BluePoint New Bloom Towels, Vanilla, Set of 6
BluePoint New Bloom Towels, Vanilla, Set of 6
Price: $58.02

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Towels, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are very soft, high quality, fast drying towels. This is a good set, and worth the price. Even after several washes, they look new, with no pilling. The cream color is also lovely.

Q-See QT5132-32D3-3 Channel Real Time D1 Surveillance System with 32 High-Resolution 700TVL Cameras and 3 TB Hard Drive (Dark Grey)
Price: $1,699.99
2 used & new from $1,699.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Security System, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't have extensive experience with security systems, but I love this one. It's very simple (if time consuming) to set up. I'm able to monitor it from anywhere via phone or tablet. The picture is extremely clear. There are too many cameras for us to make use of, so I think the company should offer something of similar quality with fewer cameras to bring down the price. That said, this is an extremely high quality system. It is worth the money, and I recommend it highly.

The Bees: A Novel
The Bees: A Novel
by Laline Paull
Price: $19.70
73 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Weird, Very Well-Written, June 19, 2014
This review is from: The Bees: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I loved this book. I am a fan of science fiction and dystopia, and this fits perfectly into both genres. While Laline Paull absolutley has her own style, it reminds me of both Margaret Atwood and Joyce Carol Oates - definitely on the literary end of science fiction. I don't think there's enough well-written literary science fiction, so this book was a treat for me.

While it was compared to the Hunger Games trilogy, I don't really believe there is any resemblance. There doesn't need to be. "The Bees" is a great story in its own right. I will be looking for more work by this author. I was extremely impressed, and recommend this book highly.

Tide Plus Febreze Freshness HE Liquid Laundry Detergent, Spring & Renewal, 92 Fl Oz
Price: $11.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Detergent, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have no complaints. Tide's latest offering is fantastic. The hint of Febreze offers just enough freshness, topping off the Tide scent nicely. There was no stickiness or undissolved detergent in any of my laundry loads. Everything was very clean, and smelled fresh as opposed to detergent-like. I will buy again.

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint, Golden, 1.7 fl. oz.
Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint, Golden, 1.7 fl. oz.
Price: $38.00
2 used & new from $38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Better than the Primer, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is probably my favorite product from Jouer so far. I have fair, gold-tinted skin, and this is the perfect color for me. Put it on underneath Hourglass's luminizing powder, and it's gorgeous. That said, this is a little thick and provides quite a bit of coverage (medium-light) and I use this as a foundation as opposed to a tint. In any case, I really like this product and I'll be buying more.

Jouer Ooh La La Pink "IT" Bag
Jouer Ooh La La Pink "IT" Bag
Price: $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Makeup Bag; Not Completely Practical, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very pretty, high quality item. The leather is on the thinner side, very soft, and extremely supple. The color is a little more subtle in person, which as far as I'm concerned is a good thing.

It's a little small. It looks larger when you first take it out, but it doesn't stretch or distend very well, which leaves limited space. That said, you could fit a small eyeshadow pallet, mascara, lipstick, balm, etc. It's a good little bag if you're only taking essentials (I can never just take the essentials, I have to pack in as much as possible.)

Despite the high quality leather, I don't know if it's necessary worth the price. I'd qualify it as a luxury item. It is quite beautiful and well-made, though.

Pinzon Reversible Square Matelasse Coverlet, Queen, Gray/Camel
Pinzon Reversible Square Matelasse Coverlet, Queen, Gray/Camel
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Cover, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this blanket. It's very soft and warm, but not too warm that you can't use it in the summertime. It is very, very high quality, and the colors are lovely neutrals. It is reversible, and looks great no matter what side faces up.

I doubt it would be warm enough on its own during the winter, but for spring/fall, it's ideal. Definitely recommended.

Vornado PCO300 Silverscreen Enhanced HEPA Air Purifier
Vornado PCO300 Silverscreen Enhanced HEPA Air Purifier
Price: $399.99
4 used & new from $334.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This purifier not only helps with my allergies and asthma, it actually helps with odors as well (cooking, or even pet smells.) It is loud while you power it up, but within a minute it fades, becoming so quiet you can't even tell that it's on.

My only warning would be to look into a humidifier if you live in a dry climate. While the benefits absolutely outweigh the cons, I wake up with a sore throat because it's so dry. That wasn't an issue before we got this purifier. It could be a coincidence, but we've found that a humidifier mitigates this problem.

Overall, this item is highly recommended. It clears the air sufficiently to relieve allergy and asthma symptoms, and even helps the room smell nice. It's wonderful!

Jouer Anti-Aging Moisture Primer, 1 fl. oz.
Jouer Anti-Aging Moisture Primer, 1 fl. oz.
Offered by b-glowing
Price: $38.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It Serves, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't really care for this primer. It did provide some coverage and helped my makeup stay on with the help of setting powder. However, it my makeup started fading/rubbing off just three hours in. This primer also made me look paler. I also felt it was unusually thick, almost like a foundation.

That said, it does what it's supposed to. It just wasn't my favorite.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19