Profile for Dani J. Page > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dani J. Page "Dani J Page" RSS Feed (Orlando)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Gustbuster Style 2 Proseries Gold 62-Inch Golf Umbrella (Navy/Tan)
Gustbuster Style 2 Proseries Gold 62-Inch Golf Umbrella (Navy/Tan)
Price: $44.02

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for rainy places., February 14, 2015
Being a Florida girl, you'd think I'd have owned an umbrella by now. But alas, our rain comes and goes so quickly. But eventually I got tired of walking out to the car in the pouring down rain, or watching helplessly as my friends rush towards my front door in an effort to avoid melting. So alas, I broke down and researched umbrellas. Yes, I researched this. It's an important decision one must make. Like choosing a mate, I needed something strong, sturdy, and going to be there through thick and thin.

This umbrella does. It's big enough for two, assuming you don't mind wet feet and pant legs, and even in our gusty rain storms it hasn't budged a bit. Seriously, why in the world haven't I owned this my whole life? Yeah, this may cost a lot more than those cheap wally world ones, but you're going to be holding on to this a lot longer, mostly because it won't be flopping in the wind while you get soaked.

Bag O Zombies Babes
Bag O Zombies Babes
Price: $9.99
16 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They're babes. Nothing but babes. But high OEM quality babes., February 14, 2015
This review is from: Bag O Zombies Babes (Toy)
Didn't realize it was nothing but babes. My fault, but just in case you're as blind and incapable of reading the description as me…

Otherwise, they're plastic zombie babes. This is exactly how we look at being bitten, I swear! But unlike us after z-day, these don't fall apart over time, and have taken shotgun blasts like a champ. In other words, the same exact quality as the pieces that come in the original game.

Fotodiox 77mm Inner-Pinch Lens Cap with Cap Keeper
Fotodiox 77mm Inner-Pinch Lens Cap with Cap Keeper
Price: $5.39
2 used & new from $0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Better option than OEM. Much cheaper., February 14, 2015
Fotodiox is always a nice, cheaper, alternative to OEM products. Picked up these to replace my OEM caps so I won't cry when I lose a $30 piece of plastic.

Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Round Layer Cake Pan
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Round Layer Cake Pan
Price: $15.92
21 used & new from $8.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in USA, and top notch as should be expected., February 14, 2015
It's a cake pan. It won't change your life, and it won't solve world peace, but it'll sure help you make a nice yummy cake. Cleans easily, well built, incredibly sturdy, distributes heat evenly and best of all, it's Made in America.

Also, don't even throw these in the dishwasher. You will regret it. It won't affect performance, it'll just discolor.

MAVEA 1005722 Elemaris XL 9-Cup Water Filtration Pitcher, Ruby Red
MAVEA 1005722 Elemaris XL 9-Cup Water Filtration Pitcher, Ruby Red
Price: $31.49
34 used & new from $28.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a Brita, February 14, 2015
I much prefer this over a Brita. The handle is ergonomic, it's weight balance is easy to handle, and you don't have to remove the whole lid to fill it up. Plus, the non-slid bottoms is great. Not to mention, the actual filter monitor works, showing you when it's filtering water and how much life is left in the filter. My girlfriend and I both also agree the water tastes better from the Mavea than it did from our Brita. And it looks prettier too. :)

Libratone Zipp (Raspberry Red)
Libratone Zipp (Raspberry Red)
Offered by Wazingo
Price: $249.99
12 used & new from $196.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep in mind, it's a wireless battery powered omni-directional speaker: in other words it's amazing!, January 6, 2014
Overall, I love this little sucker. It's pretty loud. Loud enough that in a medium sized room (I'm not rich mind you so medium isn't huge) you have to turn it down to hear each other.

Setting up: done. Yeah, that easy. Plug your phone into it via USB and follow the prompts and done. It was so easy, a cave man could do it.

Sound quality: As the title says, keep in mind what this thing is. But after listening to several at the Apple Store and even being a huge fan of Bowers and Wilken's speakers, this sounds better. It has a good bass response and decent highs. If you're an audiophile, I'm sure you'd complain, but for us casual Joe's and Jane's out there . . . It's more than enough.

Reliability: I blame bright house. I have issues with their router period. When everything hasn't gone down, it works flawlessly. I move it around the house a lot, especially during parties and never have an issue. I especially love the direct connect for when I'm out and about with it such as at friend's houses or camping etc. Plus, you can always just plug a cable into it.

Battery life: it's a wireless device so I don't expect anything amazing, but I can get around 4 hours easily when playing from my phone remotely.

Overall: If you want AirPlay, then this is an awesome speaker. I love using my iPhone as a remote for my computer in the other room while I'm sitting on the back porch listening to my iTunes collection. Well worth the money, if you value the above.

Belkin 6-Outlet Home/Office Surge Protector with 2.5 feet Cord & Straight Plug
Belkin 6-Outlet Home/Office Surge Protector with 2.5 feet Cord & Straight Plug
Price: $8.22
67 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a small, short, cheap surge protector, January 2, 2014
If anything happens, I'm sure I can update this later. Mostly hoping to prevent small surges, and frankly, I've read a lot of conflicting info on this topic. Since that's way over my hear for the time being, I'm just going to comment on the parts I an qualified to talk about.

It's a cheap plastic and very lightweight. Don't expect to beat anyone to death with this. The cord itself seems 2.5 feet, but honestly, I'm not about to measure it. I got it to be next to the outlet, and it does that. So perhaps it's 2.5 to the very end, but it's certainly short. If you think "short" might be too short, it probably is. But from the outlet to the ground plus some wiggle room you're golden.

It does have an on/off switch hidden on the top. No lights or anything to indicate it's on, so just plug something in to verify.

Oh, and it's not a right angle like the 8 foot. I got this one thinking it had a right angle power plug like the pictures . . . nope, it's straight. Thankfully it still fit (barely).

Switchcraft 236 Stereo TRS Right Angle Male 1/4-Inch Plug, Nickel Finish
Switchcraft 236 Stereo TRS Right Angle Male 1/4-Inch Plug, Nickel Finish
Price: $8.94
2 used & new from $1.32

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure it's good, but not what I expected, January 2, 2014
I wasn't expecting an assembly. I got the impression from the description that this was a right angle adapter. Instead, it's the assembly so you can build your own cable.

Army of Darkness
Army of Darkness
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Boomstick! If you haven't watched it, then watch it so you finally can say you're cultured., December 2, 2013
If you haven't seen it, watch it. Cringe, chuckle, point out all the flaws and terrible acting, and best of all, when it's over, you and your friends/SO/family will be happy. How can you not enjoy such a terrible cult classic? Shop smart, shop S-Mart!

Wasabi Power Battery for Canon LP-E6, LP-E6N and Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 6D, EOS 7D, EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 60D, EOS 60Da, EOS 70D
Offered by Blue Nook
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, just doesn't report battery life accurately., December 2, 2013
Don't expect any Canon camera to play nice with 3rd party batteries. As a rule, I don't use them in my camera. Why? Because as someone who knew better did, they put one of these in my camera while we were shooting. The camera said 25% remaining and then instant death. Ok, that's a little dramatic but given that the power cut and the last file wasn't saved (cut off during recording) I was pretty PO'd. I bought these to use with my SmallHD AC7 monitor and Atomos Ninja 2. On those, they work great. They last quite some time, and overall they've survived longer than most Chinese knock-off's.

Would I recommend them? Eh. If it's for something like a monitor sure. For your camera? No way. Losing a recording because the Smart Chip isn't quite dumb isn't worth it; ever! Since I get paid for my work, an extra $40 for an OEM is worth it. Then again, if I was just taking photos that might not be such a problem. Then again, is thinking "oh, I got battery life" and then the camera suddenly dying at that pivotal moment worth it? No? Buy OEM. Otherwise, this will worth.

For the record, I own 8 of these. All 8 behave the same.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5