Profile for david r. friedman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

david r. friedman RSS Feed (BELLINGHAM, WA, US)

Page: 1 | 2
Post-Human Series Books 1-4
Post-Human Series Books 1-4
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebirth of an old Scifi Curmudgeon., February 2, 2015
Started reading Heinlein, Brown and Clark at twelve. They gave me an alternative universe that allowed me to escape reality but paint a picture of my future that was exciting even with foibles and troubles of the human race. So much of today's SciFi is shootem up, enjoyable but not thought provoking. There some exceptions in some of the books like Weber, Ringo etc. This series made me slow down and take my time to soak up the theory and do some homework so I could better understand the premise and outcomes. It was as tension filled and exciting as any SciFi boo, I have ever read. I truly loved the last book who h took me back to the origins of the A.I. and Craig. This book took me longest to digest and appreciate. I believe now had I read this before my logic course I'm college in 1964, I would have loved the course instead of dreading it. It took so many of the classics mentioned and gave me new insights into their meaning in today's world and the future. This is not SciFi, this is where weheadimg, read the comments by Google founders and Hawking. It is scary and exciting, two emotions I have not had reading SciFi since I was twelve. Thank you for rebirth.

Golf Cart Mount for Golf Buddy Platinum and World Platinum
Golf Cart Mount for Golf Buddy Platinum and World Platinum
Offered by Caddie Buddy
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, January 8, 2015
Good price, great delivery, will use again.

Moon Wreck (The Slaver Wars  Book 1)
Moon Wreck (The Slaver Wars Book 1)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars good starter book, March 19, 2014
When I started scfi, it was with Clarke, Heinlein, Brown....exciting and precocious was their work. This is at best something to get a 10_12 year old started. Simplistic and general. For a serious fan, Weber, Drake, Ringo etc. Decided to not read series...stick with the sophisticated writers.

Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
Price: $89.00
97 used & new from $62.00

5.0 out of 5 stars If I had a job, I'd quit., October 20, 2013
The Roku would have taken a full 5 minutes to set up if I''d I had remembered my password to my router. So simple to install and works so well. The amount of free conten t with Prime is great and you have access to so much more. Better than Apple, for now and well worth the price. Love that Prime.

SoundMAGIC E10 Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones (BlackGunmetal)
SoundMAGIC E10 Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones (BlackGunmetal)
Offered by Micca Distributor
Price: $34.99
16 used & new from $32.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the fit and sound., December 5, 2012
Greta set, extremely well made, excellent treble and good bass, but buy the comply ear set, it raises the set to a new level. You will love this combo.

Comply T-400 Isolation Earphone Tips (Black, 3 Pairs, S/M/L)
Comply T-400 Isolation Earphone Tips (Black, 3 Pairs, S/M/L)
Price: $16.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for bass lovers, December 5, 2012
The E10 headset has great treble and good bass. But, if you truly want great bass, get these. You roll them flat and place in your ear and they expand to fill your entire ear cavity. The resulting bass and treble are fantastic. Spend the few dollars, you will not regret it.

Nikon COOLPIX S6300 16 MP Digital Camera with 10x Zoom NIKKOR Glass Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Blue)
2 used & new from $143.95

5.0 out of 5 stars almost a disaster, September 12, 2012
The only negative I had read about the camera was a few owners complained about the lens protector getting stuck half opened, received the Nikon one day before a two week trip from LA to Florence OR up US 1. The camera was great for the first 5 days. Picture quality is excellent and the variety of different modes is outstanding. On the 5th day, the lenses protector jammed half opened. Most upsetting. Stopped and ordered a new camera to be delivered to our next stop. Love Amazon. Later in that day, I turned on the camera again and the lenses shutter remained half opened. I poked my finger nail in between the lenses and cover and poof, the lenses shutter opened and has worked perfectly since then, about 30 days so far. So, order the camera, use it, enjoy the 10x zoom, the panorama, various settings and brilliant picture. Make sure you have a manicure before your next use and you will have no problems.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 7:14 PM PDT

Allen Sports Deluxe 3-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (1.25 or 2-Inch Receiver)
Allen Sports Deluxe 3-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (1.25 or 2-Inch Receiver)
Price: $79.97
26 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars cannot beat it, July 8, 2012
Been shopping for a while. Thule prices are high and with most of the cheaper ones you get what you pay for. This is a very sturdy, well built unit. I have a two inch hitch on my 2008 envoy and it slid in like a glove. Assembly was all of ten minutes. I would strongly advise you have two ratchet wrenches to secure the non wobble bolt. That way you can get Max torque. Believe me, it won't wobble using these wrenches. The straps are secure but I would advise additional tie downs for longer trips. I had it up to 75mph on road and it did not move. Accessing bikes on and off was a breeze. I put the heavier bike towards the car and wife's back on far holder. Ties down her wheel so it would not sway and off we went. Did not have a lock for rack but someone is gonna have to work real hard to unscrew. Will look for a locking tool later. For the price, this is a great rack and cheaper than Walmart, no tax, no shopping. love this Amazon.

KOHLER K-4734-0 Rutledge Quiet-Close with Grip-Tight Bumpers Elongated Toilet Seat, White
Offered by Buildcom
Price: $29.91
11 used & new from $29.91

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, great price, July 6, 2012
Works great, much less than box stores, love the quiet. Excellent. If you want to keep peace at 3am, order this. I have these seats in all bathrooms.

Classic Accessories 73912 Veranda  Barbecue Grill Cover, Medium, 59 Inch
Classic Accessories 73912 Veranda Barbecue Grill Cover, Medium, 59 Inch
Price: $26.49
64 used & new from $23.84

5.0 out of 5 stars bbq cover, March 2, 2012
Looks great. Feels heavy duty. Love the two handles for easy removal. The medium fits great for my Weber performer. The color, unlike black, looks terrific on my Lanai. For the price, appearance and fit, you cannot beat it. Hope it is as durable as it looks and feels. Can't beat Amazon for selection and price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2014 3:30 PM PDT