Profile for Lee Howard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lee Howard "leerjet" RSS Feed (FL, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Twelve South HiRise for iPhone/iPad mini, silver | Adjustable charging stand, requires Apple Lightning cable
Price: $34.99
12 used & new from $25.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for intended purpose (iPhone/iPad mini), November 8, 2013
I actually purchased this product to use with an iPad Air based on other reviews suggesting this was possible. Well, as far as the larger iPad Air, while the stand works ok, the iPad is a bit wobbly when I actually try to use it on the stand....HOWEVER, that is not the way this product is sold. It is billed specifically as an iPhone/iPad mini stand. Now in that regard, this little stand is *extremely* well thought out. It can be adjusted to fit all kinds of cases (heights, thicknesses, etc.) really easily; it even has very clean holders to route your cable neatly under the device and out the back of the stand. It even comes with the allen wrench needed to make adjustments. Two thumbs up for me.

When used with a phone or mini, your device will be stable and there will be no problem using it.

H2H Mens Fashion Vintage Cap Sleeve T-shirts with V-neck NAVY XL (JPSK19)
H2H Mens Fashion Vintage Cap Sleeve T-shirts with V-neck NAVY XL (JPSK19)
Offered by H2H
Price: $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, runs REALLY small, October 29, 2013
This shirt is actually made well, and is quite comfortable. However, beware that they run really, really small. I generally wear medium tee or polo shirts , but chose to order Large based on their guidelines (I'm 175, 5' 11"). Even the large was quite tight, especially in the chest area. Seems like they are designed for a very slight build. The XL actually fit quite well.

Belkin Charge and Sync Dock with Lightning Cable Connector, Silver
Belkin Charge and Sync Dock with Lightning Cable Connector, Silver
Offered by Donops
Price: $14.49
34 used & new from $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Does EXACTLY as advertised....Finally a good iPhone 5 dock, February 6, 2013
It amazes me how anyone could complain about a product that does exactly what the manufacturer says it will. This simple dock easily fit my Seidio case with room to spare. Not having a wall charger is so minor, as most of us normally charge with the USB on our computers as that is the most convenient way to move music, etc. between the phone and a computer.

I applaud Belkin for biting the bullet and including a *working* lightning connector.
The only thing I found necessary was to put a little piece of double-sided tape to hold the base down so that I can remove the tight fitting phone from the dock with one hand.

Well done, Belkin!

Some Nights
Some Nights
Price: $9.98
116 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly excellent collection, March 19, 2012
This review is from: Some Nights (Audio CD)
If you love "We Are Young" (and apparently you would be in good company as it is Billboard's #1 song at this time), you will also love this CD. And I do too. This is one of those rare CD's where there is one song after another that you will like on the first hearing!

While there may be some purists who are offended by the use of anything electronic, there are other "purists" (myself included) that look at the whole picture and how the electronics affect the quality of the production...but most of all, is the album "fun" to listen to. It's hard not to immediately start tapping your feet or nodding your head when listening to "Some Nights", "Carry On", "Why Am I the One" and "All Alone". That is not to say that the other songs aren't good also. To me, there is not one bad song on this CD.

So give it a try. You will not be disappointed!

Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray (Deluxe Version) [+Digital Booklet]
Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray (Deluxe Version) [+Digital Booklet]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music; great production, November 5, 2011
Yes, this may be a little departure from earlier recordings, HOWEVER, there is not a single bad track on this album. I feel sorry for those who feel that it is unreasonable for a band to evolve. This is nothing like a standard "pop" album, and has all the earmarks of an alternative rock bank, albeit somewhat less "heavy" and more "musical."

In my opinion, Seether has always exhibited significant talent, and this album is no exception. And the quality of the production is excellent.

The bottom line is that unless you need every CD to be a clone of Disclaimer, you will not go wrong giving "Holding Onto Strings Better Left to Fray" a chance.

Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) 1333mhz PC3-10666 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM Laptop Memory Kit CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9
Price: $64.99
55 used & new from $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in MacBookPro 17; 1/10 the price!, October 28, 2011
Why pay $400 to Apple? Makes no sense. This RAM has worked perfectly. What more can anyone say? It does what it is supposed to do.

DFX Xtreme Steel
DFX Xtreme Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Product is clearly top-of-the-line for DynaFlex, July 22, 2011
This review is from: DFX Xtreme Steel (Misc.)
Despite the fact that this unit is manufactured by another company (NSD) for Dynaflex, it seems *very* well made, and was actually neatly packaged and performs magnificently.

I also own several of the less expensive plastic Powerballs, and they work well too. The plastic versions do, however, feel a little "clunky" after a while. On the other hand, the Xtreme Steel has an incredibly silent and smooth feel to it. In addition, the additional weight and torque make this version provide a far superior workout.

Yes, it is expensive. However, if you want the best, you should expect it to cost a little more. I highly recommend this product if you are interested in a simple, but effective wrist/forearm/bicep exerciser.

PMCI 34 Oz. (1 liter) Satin Finish Stainless Steel Reusable Water Bottle with Sport Cap and Loop Cap

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable as a sport bottle; Zero insulation, May 20, 2011
I am actually shocked that none of the reviewers discussed this bottle's usability:

The sport cap is pathetic. If you just pull it out and try to drink, placing the cap near your mouth it will just close (nothing to hold it open). If you try turning the cap to lock it open, it opens so little that you have to suck really hard and end up with half liquid and half air. Completely useless for its intended purpose.

Next, while the lack of insulation keeps it light and small while still holding 34 ounces, the fact is that ALL beverages will be room temperature in short order. And LOOKOUT if you put something hot in the container. I put hot water in to rinse the bottle out when I first took it out of the box, and the bottle got so hot I almost burned my hand.

I do agree that there is no aftertaste. However, this product useful only as a container, not as a drinking bottle. I can use my choice of plastic container and get something that is at least usable.

BoxWave EverTouch Capacitive iPad Stylus - Touch Screen Stylus with Ultra Durable FiberMesh Fabric Tip for Apple iPad Air, iPad mini 2 w/ Retina (2013), iPad 4, iPhone 5s / 5, iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, Touchscreen Stylus for All Devices (Lunar Blue)
Offered by BoxWave Corporation
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Does EXACTLY as advertised and is very well made., October 24, 2010
While it would be easy to objectively rate a product 3-4 stars when it does what it is supposed to. However, these days, I have experienced a great deal of disappointment with poorly made products that barely work properly, if at all.

The Boxwave iPhone stylus is everything I would expect:
1. It works effortlessly on my iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4
2. It feels solidly built
3. The pocket clip, made of metal, is tight and holds to a pocket or lapel firmly.

Don't hesitate to purchase one if you are tired of mis-hitting keys like I have been. I don't know if I would play an action game with the stylus, however virtually every other app works great.

StarTech.com 2 Port Dual DVI USB KVM Switch with Audio and USB 2.0 Hub (SV231DD2DUA)
Price: $235.10
49 used & new from $134.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless for its intended purpose, June 14, 2010
I purchased this KVM as it supposedly was one of the few that would work with a wireless keyboard/mouse (one that uses a USB "receiver") and I could find only positive comments across the web.

Unfortunately, BUYER BEWARE!

The only positive comment I could say about this product is that it arrived quickly. Too bad, though, as I wasted additional money and time to try and get it to work properly.

My setup:
DELL desktop with add-on high-end dual DVI graphics card.
Very high-end notebook with a high end DVI + HDMI dual monitor graphics card. (This required one HDMI to DVI-I cable)
Wireless mouse/keyboard combination using a single USB receiver.

Here is a partial list of the problems with this unit.

GENERAL ISSUES / FEATURE DEFICIENCIES

1. Difficult to work with, as the back panel connectors are very close together. Since DVI cables tend to be thick, it is extremely difficult to plug everything in and/or move connectors once you get cables in the right place.
2. Manual states that it is for the 2 and 4 port version, however only describes buttons and setup that is accurate for the 4 port version.
3. Front panel LEDs have no markings and are unintuitive as to what they mean.
4. No way to have the Audio stay with a particular PC - it always follows the selected computer.
5. All special functions (like turning scanning on/off) require keyboard sequences, which is useless if you have to put your keyboard USB receiver into the general USB ports (instead of the keyboard port) - which must be done if you want your keyboard driver to be able to integrate with the keyboard (or mouse) driver.

BUGS

1. The most fundamental KVM requirement is that the KVM must make the PC think that monitors are always attached. However, when I pressed the front panel switch to move "focus" to my laptop, my desktop computer thought its monitors were disconnected. This caused the desktop to automatically reconfigure its video to use one monitor, moving all my opened apps to a single screen. When I used the KVM to switch back to my desktop, I had to reset my graphics controller to dual monitor mode and move the apps back to where I wanted them.
2. Using the regular USB keyboard port, occasionally pressing a key auto-repeats a dozen or so of the same character.
3. Using the regular USB mouse port, occasionally the mouse stops working and requires the USB receiver to be removed and reinserted - which only works some of the time.

The manufacturer claimed that part of the problem was that I needed to use DVI-I cables instead of DVI-D cables (although digital monitors usually do not even allow DVI-I cables to plug into their DVI connector) and should not need the additional analog pins available on DVI-I cables. I purchased 4 high quality DVI-I cables to use to connect the unit to my PCs and tried again. However, it made ZERO difference and every problem still existed.

The bottom line is that this unit DOES NOT WORK properly!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3