Profile for Kiyo M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 367

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kiyo M. RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Starburst Mini's Fav Reds, 8 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Starburst Mini's Fav Reds, 8 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $24.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to distinguish what is what... mini satisfaction taste. StarBURST needs to be BIG!, May 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow, this is getting some harsh rating by everyone... 1 star and saying it tastes like plastic is pretty harsh...

This review is for the Fav Reds, not the original flavor packaging, which they also offer in this new minis.

The Fav Reds contains 4 flavors: strawberry, fruit punch, cherry, watermelon

The fruit punch really taste like fruit punch to me. I'm not a fan of watermelon and cherry, but I can distinguish the flavors.

However, the colors are what's really hard to distinguish for me; I keep thinking the lighter pink one is strawberry (the packaging even looks like the lighter pink is strawberry), but it's watermelon! the slighter darker pink one is strawberry.

The dark red one is fruit punch. I wish the colors were more obvious to distinguish.
It's funny how majority of people love the pink one the best (strawberry) and the yellow one doesn't get any love. Haha.

I always love getting/eating the pink one too. It's nice that they're unwrapped, but I feel the regular size is much better to chew and really taste the flavors... these mini size really feel like you're losing out the full satisfaction. Even the strawberry pink one, I don't get that satisfaction that I get with the full size one.

I wish they would make the original size starburst in a bag like this without having to unwrap - that will sell!

I added some pictures; no, I did not feed my cat starburst or eat the penny - it's there for size comparison.
Comment Comment | Permalink

OnlyTM Car Mobile Cushion Air Bed Bedroom Inflation Travel Thicker Mattress Back Seat Extended Mattress
Offered by ONLY ME
Price: $135.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to my Backseat Suite., May 25, 2015
The advertising "romantic intimate motion in vehicle" part is hilarious; well, make sure your partner is slender and you have the emergency/side brake up....

Not just that silly statement alone, but reading the manual, you'll clearly see that this is a Chinese product.

The idea of having an inflatable bed in the car just seemed so cool, especially on long road trips. I just had to try this out.

It comes with an air pump (no, that's not what it's used for...), the inflatable bed, two inflatable pillows, and a bag. I was pleasantly surprised how fast everything inflated easily.

It's definitely nicer than just sleeping on a narrow car seat itself. Add a comfortable blanket and a really nice soft neck pillow (I know these include pillows, but it could use more comfort), and you'll have a better sleeping experience.

Some of the cons, though - not entirely the fault of the product - but due to the design of how cars are made, you have to keep in mind, you'll still be scrunching to sleep due to the limited length wise (unless you leave your doors open, which would be unsafe and impractical); I know if I could extend my legs, I would be more comfortable on this airbed. You'll most likely will have to move your driver/passenger seat really forward for this to fit too.

The cloth could be more softer; if you lay down too fast on it, you may give yourself an easy friction burn. I would cover it with a blanket/sheet.

Pros:
- 12v Air pump included (not as loud as I was expecting) - easy to inflate and quickly!
- It is more comfortable than sleeping on the car seat itself (however, you'll still most likely be scrunching up because the limitation of the car seat)
- Versatility; the "leg" support that fits to keep the bed up inflates separately, so you can use still use this bed on a flat surface; you can also inflate the leg part and flip the whole thing over and it turns into a mini couch too.
- Deflates easily and store away
- Pretty cool to have/show off.

Cons:
- You will most likely have to adjust the driver/passenger seats really forward for this to fit properly (which means having one person drive while another person sleeping in the back with this not ideal)
- Be careful of getting friction burn due to the cloth material.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Best Home Fashion Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtains - Stainless Steel Nickel Grommet Top - Chocolate - 52"W x 63"L - (Set of 2 Panels)
Price: $40.99
2 used & new from $40.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Night time 24/7 - Perfect for Vampires, May 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow, I wish I had these sooner! I'm amazed how dark my room is now after putting these on. Perfect for sleeping in and using my projector during daytime! This is exactly what I wanted!

In fact, at night, I went to see how the window would look with the lights on - from the outside - and now it's not clearly obvious I have it even on! (Yes! Now I don't have to hide and be in the dark during Halloween :P)

I received the CHOCOLATE color one. Depending on the color, you'll probably receive different results.

I personally probably wouldn't choose this color myself, but it looks pretty stylish... it feels more like a theater room for me now. It definitely looks like chocolate color!

I would get an even extra longer length, so that it will eliminate even that tiny light leak if you're picky - that is if you want total darkness.

I'm very impressed with this and highly recommend these curtains for blocking out sunlight, especially the chocolate color.

Now, I shall go back for more blood... I mean, sleep.

Predestination [Blu-ray]
Predestination [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Ethan Hawke
Price: $9.99
33 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A Mind Trip. And you thought Back to the Future was wrong...., May 23, 2015
This review is from: Predestination [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I never knew this film even existed. I bought this not knowing anything about it...

If you're looking for a thought-provoking film with dialogue "Which came first? Chicken or the egg? Snake that eats its own tail..."), not mindless action, with some impressive performances, from Leonardo DiCaprio... I mean, look alike (no, he's actually not in it, sorry), haha... this is for you. It makes Inception feel so simple, elementary thinking.

If you are just expecting explosions and major action type film like Looper, or have low attention span, this is DEFINITELY NOT for you.

First 50 minutes is heavy dialogue and major build up before they do any kind of time traveling or where you see it start to go somewhere - if you don't have the patience for that, again, this film is NOT for you.

Half the movie, you'll be thinking to yourself, why are we just listening to these two characters talk in the bar?? Why aren't they going after the Fizzle Bomber?! I was starting to doubt, how did this film received such high praise... I will tell you, the story/buildup in the beginning is worth the investment for the major shock value towards the ending. I don't mean to over-hype it, but I love endings that just really blows you away, like the movie Se7en.

When people say it's "mindblowing", yeah... it's just crazy how someone could come up with a story like this. This film involves a paradox, so it may end up hurting your brain thinking about it too much. I have not seen many movies this complex and insane.

The movie plot is simply described as a time traveling agent going after a terrorist bomber to prevent it before happening... However, this makes people, or at least, it made me think it was going to be more action-type film like Minority Report -- it's NOT. (I'm surprised by the "Editorial Review" on this Amazon page - it should be revised because there's an unnecessary information that gives WAY too much away there.)

It should be confusing when you first watch it. This is a film that actually gets better with a second viewing.

Ethan Hawke is an awesome actor. I'm a fan of him even more now after watching this film. I've never heard of Sarah Snook before, but she gives a versatile performance as well.

Predestination may not be a high budget film/marketing like Looper, which may be the reason why it was so low-key, and it somewhat has an indie feel, I consider it a classic and quite powerful.

If you want a film that leaves you with lots of discussion and enjoy analyzing, this film is for you. I watched a few days ago and I still can't stop thinking about it/discussing it.

This film is actually quite depressing when you really think about it.

Somewhat similar films (although these are more higher budget/involve more action):
- Looper
- Interstellar
- Minority Report
- Edge of Tomorrow
- Oblivion
- Shutter Island
- Fight Club
- Sixth Sense

Spy Tec A118 Full 1080P HD Video Car Dashboard Camera - Novatek NT96650 Chipset + Aptina AR0330 Lens | Stealth Dashboard Covert Mini Cam | 170° Super Wide Angle 6G Lens | B40 G-Sensor Night Vision Motion Detection
Offered by Le-nest
Price: $77.95
9 used & new from $62.84

5.0 out of 5 stars B40 Dashcam - Best discreet dashcam - vs Sony/Contour/Mobius, May 16, 2015
First of all, this B40 / A118 model dashcam is a "generic" Chinese product rebranded many times under different vendors (Spy Tec, Auto-Vox). However, the B40 dashcam has grown to be a well deserved popular dashcam. The B40 model I purchased was under the name 'Blueskysea' (that is what it displays when the camera first turns on); it's actually pretty funny the sound it makes when you first turn it on - it's a major exact rip off of Sony's Cybershot camera when it first turns on (sound and display can be disabled).

It came in a very generic white box that says "Car DVR" on it; I mean that can be anything!

Previously, I've been using a Sony Actioncam and Contour Roam as a dashcam; however, I later realized I needed a REAL dashcam... Biggest reasons are:

1) After awhile, it becomes cumbersome having to press record button manually and I often forget to turn it off; a real dashcam should just do its own thing when you start the engine and off (automatically start recording when power is fed to it and stop when an external power source is no longer going to it.)

2) Loop recording; previously, I had to remove/delete clips manually, or when the card became full, I obviously would no longer be able to record. With Loop recording feature, when the card becomes full, it will overwrite the older files. Dashcam cameras also records in increments, so if you have a certain accident, you'll just have a 3 or 5 minute clip of that moment instead of 1 large 2 hour file and having to find that moment; this makes sharing and uploading more convenient.

3) Timestamp on the video; this is important in proving an exact moment/event (again, a feature not possible with actioncams). I really like the clean timestamp display on this B40 camera - it's large without being obtrusive and clean/professional looking. I have seen dashcams where it has some ugly font colors as the timestamp.

4) Video quality. I've compared the quality of Sony Actioncam, Contour, and the B40... These dashcam/B40 camera seems to automatically put a major sharpness filter to the video; it does work to its advantage for dashcam footage, as I'm able to read license plate numbers a lot clearly (granted there's a good light source and you're right behind the car) a lot clearly. Night time is not the best, but acceptable and I still find it to be better than the Sony or Contour. I am actually impressed and prefer the sharpness filter when it comes to car footage than the Sony Actioncam/Contour.

I don't believe the B40 is actual 170 degrees; the Sony and Contour shows way more field of view and they're rated at 170 degree FOV. The B40 is wide, but it's not extreme fisheye.

What also interested me about the B40 camera was the form factor; it actually looks the best out of all the other dashcams I've seen, even more expensive ones and name brands; I love how discreet it is and one really can't tell unless they look closely as it hides perfectly in the shaded area of the windshield. Unfortunately, if you plan on placing this anywhere else out in the open, it wouldn't look as clean, especially with the visible tape.

It's fantastic being be able to tilt and adjust the angle of the camera to get the best angle - the monitor is also very helpful! I also ordered the Mobius camera, which is also small, but I could not mount the Mobius and set the camera angle the way I wanted; not to mention there is no screen so it takes more trial and error to get the right angle.

The B40 is very easy to setup - the Mobius camera is a lot more complicated and definitely not as user-friendly for a beginner (you really need to read the manual for that one and understand how the LED colors mean)

Pros:
- Love the Form Factor - Looks very cool and professional - very discreet/stealth - Perfect to mount it on the shaded part of the windshield
- You can adjust the camera angle! Many other dashcams require no angle adjustments or require large mounts.
- Display monitor
- Nice, clean, professional looking timestamp
- Auto start/end
- Loop recording
- Supports 64GB microSD
- Easy set-up.
- Audio recording is not bad
- Price (Amazing value for the price)

Cons:
- Night time is not the best (however, most cameras don't perform well in low light; it is still better than the Sony/Contour)
- Battery does not last long without external power source
- Adhesive should be clear or black.
- A polarizing filter would be nice - it will reflect your windshield.

One thing to be aware is B40 dashcam also comes as a Capacitor Edition where there is no battery, which is suppose to be more ideal for those living in hot/extreme climates; I got the battery version and I live in hot California weather, so I'm hoping this camera will last me. The nice thing about the battery version is that it doesn't shut down immediately and it actually keeps recording/delay even when the power source is disconnected/engine turned off.

I'm very happy I decided to get a real dashcam and not have to use my Sony Actioncam/Contour; I can really just drive and forget about it. It's so discreet it looks seamless along with the rearview mirror. I love it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2015 12:56 AM PDT

Arkon Magnetic Phone Mount Magnet Car Cell Phone Holder for iPhone 6 Plus 6 5S 5C 4S Galaxy Note 4 3 S6 S5 S4 LG G3 G2 or GPS
Offered by Semsons & Co., Inc.
Price: $17.95
5 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, as long as if you don't mind sticking magnets on your devices, May 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I first learned about magnetic mounting from owning a Mountek nGroove product and thereafter, I've seen many magnetic mounts come out.

As with all of them, the magnetic mounts, as opposed to those regular claw gripping ones are the convenience of removal and attachment, as well as aesthetics since there won't be any ugly frames gripping your device and it looks like it is floating.

The only con/trade-off is having to permanently stick these opposite magnets on your device unless you're using a case cover or if your phone even has space/able to close having the plates inserted internally without physically sticking it on.

Well, I took the convenience route and sacrificed just permanently sticking the magnet on a lot of my devices/tablets (I'm not really happy with that), since I own quite of these magnetic mounts. I don't regret my decision to replace my old mounts with this magnetic as it looks better (well, when it's mounted... not the plates attached to my devices now) and it's just so nice to be able to remove/attach easily with some minor force. It's great when you constantly need to attach/remove, such as getting out of the car and taking the device with you.

This mount holds up my Nexus 7 and my 7" Garmin GPS nicely. I just stuck the suction cup on my dashboard and it's staying nicely; I'll see how long it will hold because my other mount's suction cup would sometimes come off when I'm parked with excessive heat.

I would like to see these plates be able to stick on in a non permanent way.

I've come to known the brand name Arkon now, as they seem to make every single kind of mounts out there! It is a quality mount brand you can trust.

Ceiling Mount Pull Up Bar for 8' Ceilings
Ceiling Mount Pull Up Bar for 8' Ceilings
Price: $89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gonna Fly Now!, May 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After you install this, all you need left is to put on Bill Conti's Gonna Fly Now and you're all set for a great workout... to reach the ceiling...

Having this addition increased my workout routine and motivation; this is the way to go and looks professional and reliable than the doorway ones.

It's a simple packaging with one sheet of paper for instruction.

I'm glad the support bracket were painted white, as it blends in well with the ceiling.

The bar is nothing fancy, as it's just well... a bar... there's no special grip, but I guess it's a nice workout for your hands to get tougher too.

Garmin nüvi 2757LM 7-Inch Portable Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps
Garmin nüvi 2757LM 7-Inch Portable Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps
Price: Click here to see our price
49 used & new from $130.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin: King of standalone GPS units, May 15, 2015
First of all, I USED TO BE in one of those crowds that argued what's the point of standalone GPS units when we have smartphones now with much superior processors along with detailed Google Maps/other apps like Waze available... I do use my 10" and 7" tablets with my phone as a hotspot. Some may think 7" screen is overkill, but these days, just like smartphones, bigger display is just becoming the norm now.

I was sure standalone GPS units would be obsolete by now... However, I'll tell you why I still decided to buy this Garmin and find it superior than Magellan, Tom Tom, and other brands out there.

What sold me the most and what I'm impressed with:

- With the Garmin, it actually tells you SPECIFICALLY which recognizable building for an upcoming turn (ie: "Turn right after you pass McDonald's") - Very cool!
- The "PhotoReal Junction" feature where it split screens and shows a DETAILED still image similar to the sign/surrounding, not just a generic one like other GPS units may have, of the actual exit - THIS IS EXTREMELY HELPFUL and impressive. This feature really sold me the most where I have not seen with any other GPS units.
- Lane assist; I like that it tells you which exact lane to stay on and the split view again makes it very helpful.

- Speed limit display / warns when nearby school zones
- I like that it displays the upcoming street name on the top.
- It keeps a log of where you've driven and stopped, which is kind of scary, but can be useful (you can disable it if you go under Settings - Device - and uncheck Travel History).

If you go to Settings - Map & Vehicle - Map Layers - and check Trip Log - it will highlight the roads you've driven before on the map.

- Interestingly, the Garmin unit itself takes power via micro USB (more common/standard now) from the bottom; however, with the cradle mount attachment on the back that connects via Garmin's proprietary pins, the power connection takes the older mini USB cable from the side.

Con:
- It needs a screen calibration feature; I'm not sure if I got a faulty one, but the reason I can't give it 5 stars is because when especially using the keyboard where the buttons are really close to each other, it is off and can be really frustrating (My Mio GPS has a calibration feature, so I don't have this problem regardless being the same inferior resistive screen) if you need to press/type fast. I have this issue quite often, and I have to be VERY careful using the tip of my finger or adjust slightly off than I would like to type/press the keys or else it ends up registering the wrong key. Of course, most older GPS units, including this model, has a resistive touch screen, inferior to smartphone's capacitive screen, so it's not as responsive. There is no pinch zooming or rotating. Screen also is not as vivid/clear compared to the Magellan.

- After awhile, Garmin's myTrends feature kicks in, where I noticed without even inputting/starting navigation, it will know your previous route/saved locations and it will automatically display an estimated time and the name of that location on the top, as opposed to the upcoming street names it usually displays (which I would rather see!). What's annoying is there is no way to simply CANCEL this when it predicts the trend/place it thinks you're about to head to, besides disabling the entire myTrends/Travel history/log. Why they couldn't simply add a cancel feature or at least prompt you to ask if that is where you're actually heading to (app like Waze even prompts if I'm heading home first/allowing me to cancel!), I just can't understand. I'm sure they were thinking this myTrends feature would be a convenience, but I don't want it to be displaying "Home" and ETA the entire route even if I may or may not be heading towards my home. I don't want to lose my history log either, so disabling the myTrends feature isn't really a workaround... please fix this, Garmin.

- 1 hour battery life does not seem impressive; however, I hardwired it directly to my car, so it will turn on when turning on the engine and display that it will turn off when external power is removed.

- I'm surprised it does not have a QUICK 2D/3D camera switch - Please add that on an update, Garmin! - it is so cumbersome having to go to settings and map just to change that! I would also love a quick way to switch to North Up/etc/Quick sky view, etc. More camera angles! Garmin should utilize the split screen feature more - I would love to be able to show 2D and 3D views simultaneously when you're just cruising (and also be able to adjust camera height for both individually)

I did find, though, that you can press somewhere off the map and you can press one of the icons on the top left corner and it will show a higher view facing North Up; I use this feature when I'm in 3D mode and need to quickly get a better view of the surroundings.

I also own the 7" Magellan RoadMate Commercial Truck GPS Navigator 9270T-LM, which has the same 800x480 resolution, but the display looks much better and clearer on the Magellan. Also, there's more detailed road names display even when you're in a higher view. Despite those pros on the Magellan, I find the Garmin superior on interface, speed, and everything else.

I found that on long road trips, it's much better to have a standalone GPS since
- it will not eat up your phone mobile data or battery, not be distracted from other apps/calls taking over the screen
- better reliability/GPS signal
- with the Garmin, the detailed lane assist/display/voice really comes in handy and find it superior than what phone app navigation or other GPS offers.

I've used GPS units from Magellan, Tom Tom, Mio/iGo8/Primo (I really like how fast Mio GPS operates), Sygic, and I'm still impressed with what Garmin has. Ideally, it would be nice to have one unit that is capable of having everything, but they all have their pros/cons.

I purchased the 2757 model, which lacks voice recognition, Bluetooth and traffic; however, I don't need them because for real-time traffic, I still rely on Waze. I still also like relying on Google Maps to get a better view of the wide surroundings (so much more clear and easy to see detail and faster than sluggish GPS units). However, when it comes to actually inputting navigation, I will be using this Garmin.

I also downloaded the latest free map and software updates, which can take awhile, but you have to be patient. You can also download more custom 3D vehicles like something ridiculous like Star War's X-Wing.

If you're looking for a good standalone GPS unit, even if you already have a smartphone, I would consider the Garmin over other brands.

TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter, 5Ghz 1300Mbps + 2.4Ghz 600Mbps, Beamforming, 3T3R
Price: $78.99
34 used & new from $56.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for wireless gaming/HD multimedia systems, May 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While my network does not have the latest AC router running right now, I still see the benefits of this wireless adapter card, as it is backwards compatible with all previous bands, including N. Possibly because of the 3 antennas, I am getting stronger, consistent bars with this now.

If you are thinking about streaming HD content, especially higher than 1080p video, then you need this or else you will have lots of inconvenient stuttering experience.

I prefer having this built into my system than going the USB route for better stability, as well as freeing up USB connections.

The added heatsink is nice touch; however, it kind of sticks out so it may or may not interfere with some plugs/wires below if your PCI-e x1 slot is near below.

I've become familiar with and trust the TP-Link name now.

[Movie Masterpiece Diecast] "Robocop" 1/6 Scale Figure Robocop
[Movie Masterpiece Diecast] "Robocop" 1/6 Scale Figure Robocop
Offered by Maybang's Collectibles
Price: $289.99
42 used & new from $261.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Robocop Figure Ever Made., April 27, 2015
First of all, I am a huge 1987 original Robocop fan. Back in the day, all we had was a totally inaccurate red visor Kenner Robocop...

28 years later and we FINALLY get a GOOD Robocop figure. Is it PERFECT? No. But it's definitely the best one out there.

When I saw the pre-release photos of this figure, it looked so unbelievably movie accurate, I just had to have it... The figure was frustratingly delayed for months than the expected release date, but the figure is finally available.

The prototype looked like it used all diecast parts, but the final release is NOT all diecast. The side arms are partially diecast, but it is still mostly plastic. However, there is still a good amount of weight to the figure.

I feel sorry for those that own the previous Hot Toy's 2012 version of Robocop (MMS10) - that bobblehead looking, horrible proportion Robocop looks so laughable in comparison; even if that figure were selling really cheap, I would never buy that one. It just looks so BAD! I can't believe how bad that one looks. However, Hot Toys really took it seriously this time and to another level. It's about time we get a good Robocop figure!

I uploaded some photos of my figure; It looks incredibly dead-on accurate. Manufactures from all these years could NEVER get Peter Weller's jawline right in their figures, but Hot Toys finally got it right with this one.

However, I still feel Hot Toys made Robocop too silver. Almost all Robocop figures being made by everyone makes Robocop too silver. Robocop is NOT completely silver and it's not because of the lighting in the film. Robocop has a purplish/blue shade to him. However, with some blue lighting setup, you can kind of get by it.

The holster can be opened and pulled out. It comes with a detailed plastic Auto-9 gun (to make him hold it) and a less detailed diecast gun (this one would go in the holster)

The sound effects are good, but the "Drop the gun you are under arrest" and "Thank you for your cooperation, good night" still has the background noise/TV sound from the film.

I almost thought about buying Enterbay's Robocop, but after watching and hearing many reviews from others, Hot Toys is more accurate and better value. Why would anyone want to be reminded of that horrible Robocop 3 and want junk Jetpack accessory?!

Pros:
- Most accurate Robocop figure out there today.
- Range of the sound effect remote is quite impressive - does not even have to be pointing at the figure.
- Articulations

Cons:
- Having to remove the back plate and toggling the on-switch - VERY inconvenient, especially when it's already in a display case.
- Battery for the remote is included; however, battery for the Robocop is NOT included. It requires two N size LR-1 battery.
- Wish they stepped it up even more and added some purple shade to it - being really knit-picky - it is too silver.
- At this price, quality control should be perfect - mine had some minor scratches and being extremely picky, it bugged me a lot...

If you're a Robocop fan, a movie figure collector, this is the best Robocop figure out there.

Looking forward for the battle damaged version with the helmet off expected to be released later this year (although I wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed again) resembling so much of Peter Weller. That one looks incredible!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20