Profile for Kiyo M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 350

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kiyo M. RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SentrySafe SFW123BSC Fingerprint Safe, X-Large
SentrySafe SFW123BSC Fingerprint Safe, X-Large
Price: $297.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Agent 007 just logging in to grab some books... Fingerprint scanner is VERY convenient, yet NO INSTRUCTIONS!, March 3, 2015
Length:: 1:37 Mins

Ok, I'm really surprised the main selling point for this safe is the fingerprint scanner, yet the instruction manual included in this one has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING written about that feature!!

I mean, the manual itself is a generic one that tries to cover different models including the ones with a dial (which this model does not even have). Luckily, I searched the internet and found one explaining for a different safe/model... (I mean if they have it explained for a different biometric model, why didn't they update/include a manual for this safe?)

To program your fingerprint(s):
------------
you need to press the "P" (program) button
and then enter the 5-digit FACTORY code (located on the back of your manual)
The sensor should be blinking
Make sure you peel the cover on the scanner and then swipe your finger in a downward direction over
When you get multiple successful reads (you must do it several times) then the green light will flash three times

To delete a user fingerprint, press the "P" button, enter 5 digit facory code, and then press "C" (CLEAR). You can program 2 fingerprints.
------------

* There is a factory 5-digit code located on the back of the included manual - THIS CODE CANNOT BE CHANGED OR DELETED - what you get is what you get!
* You can program/add 2 additional user codes
* You get 2 physical keys, which is ONLY for double-security to prevent the safe from opening even if you enter the correct key code; before I received and saw there was a keyhole to this safe, I thought the keys were another way to open the safe/override the keypad, but that's NOT what it does. Therefore, I just leave the key turned to unlock side.
* Replacing batteries is really easy - it just slides out located behind the keypad (this can also be a con!). It takes 4 AAA batteries.
* The sound of the buttons remind me of a microwave sounds - it can be turned off if you wish (The manual says to press 0, P, and 1 to turn off the sound and 0, P, 2 to turn it on -- after several tries I was able to turn it on/off once, but I can't seem to consistently do that right away; I'm wondering if entering the factory code prior to pressing those buttons are required or not... I wish it can be more consistent or the manual to be more clear about that)
* If you enter an incorrect code 3 times in a row then it will enter DELAY mode and you'll be locked out for 2 minutes.

Pros
- Fingerprint scanner makes accessing/unlocking very fast and convenient (your mileage may vary depending on your fingers/sweat/etc); I thought it would be a gimmicky feature, but I really LOVE having this! It's very high-tech and cool. It totally beats having to turn the dial on my other safe - having the fingerprint scanner makes storing and removing things frequently possible.
- Cool blue keypad lights; I feel like a secret agent along with the fingerprint scanner. (Red led to indicate access denial and green for granted)
- Sound can be activated/deactivated
- This one does come with built-in LED lights inside the door, so it lights up the inside when you open it (you can program the duration to 30 seconds, 60 seconds, or completely off) - both the LED lights on the keypad and inside makes accessing this safe possible even at night/in the dark! There's no way I can open my other safe with the dial unless the room is lit.
- 4 AAA batteries easily removable (manual says they're not included, but there were already 4 of them in mine) -- however, this can also be a con!

Cons:
- Mine came with a huge dent on the back (I actually noticed my other SentrySafe with the dial also had a dent too); I'm surprised something that feels/look this solid can have a large dent like it got crushed by some massive hit. It seems other reviews share the same issue whether from during shipping or from the manufacture.
- If someone was around and wanted to mess with you, they could remove the battery compartment and you would be locked out of your own safe!
- Of course with anything digital, there is a greater risk if it fails (although I totally love the convenience of keypad/scanner than having to turn the dial clockwise/counter clockwise) I thought the included physical keys were for override, but again, it is just for extra locking.
- This safe should be called Medium size, but the company refers it as X-Large. They refer to their actual large size as 2X-Large.

I also own and reviewed the SentrySafe SFW205CWB Water-Resistant Combination Safe, 2X-Large; that one is a dial only and weighs a TON! I wouldn't worry about that one being walked away by anyone.
This safe being "X-Large" size is a bit more manageable and a more ideal size; two adults can definitely pick it up and walk away with it. I suppose a heavy lifter can lift this alone, but it is heavy.
I definitely prefer this X-Large size and fingerprint scanner/keypad a lot more than the combination dial; they both have their advantages/disadvantages, but for fast convenience and cool factor, this safe wins.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2015 3:52 PM PST

Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector
Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector
Offered by James O'Neill USA LLC (No Tax)
Price: $162.95
27 used & new from $133.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bang for your Buck Radar, March 1, 2015
I bought this because it seemed to be the best bang for your buck; I didn't want to settle for something cheap like the Cobra or generic - I mean... you get what you pay for.

I originally wanted the Escort Passport 9500ix (and may eventually upgrade in the future), which is also highly rated, but I also can't justify paying twice as much for it right now, especially when it comes to detecting the same bands, this radar does it equally well. When the price is right, I will upgrade and well... the price for the RX65 was just right, so I jumped on it. The RX65 and 9500ix have been around for years! It's not like the iPhone where it gets replaced every year, so it's not a bad investment unless all police start using lasers.

Beltronics's parent company is actually ESCORT - the smartcord/power plug can actually be interchangeable, which is nice when I plan on upgrading. (unlike the 9500ix, the power plug on the RX65 is located on the right side)

If you're new to radar detectors, there are different frequency bands that police use for their radar known as X, K, Ka, and laser. Many have said to just disable X band because it is no longer being used.

If you get hit with a laser, it will be too late to slow down. Sometimes, when the sun is pointed directly at the radar, you may end up with a false laser warning.

A lot of super markets automated sensor doors use K band frequency, so you will get LOTS of false alerts when you drive by; trust me, if you're in the city and around stores, you will get lots of K band warnings; you can either disable it completely, or you'll have to press the mute button on the device whenever you hear it. If you know that will be too much of a hassle for you, the extra premium to get a radar detector, such as the ESCORT 9500ix with it's AutoLearn memory capability may be more beneficial to you. The RX does NOT have that ability or GPS. You do not want to disable Ka - that is what you really want to keep on eye on or be listening to.

By default when the radar starts up, you'll get like a R2D2 sound of all alert sounds; if you find this annoying, you can disable it which is what I did.

Some people who are new to radar detectors have a misconception of thinking these will detect every police out there. This is not a police detector - it's a radar detector; if the police doesn't have their radar turned on, it's not going to let you know anything. Also, just because you have a radar detector doesn't mean you become invincible and start being a speed racer. It's just another device to help you become more cautious of your surroundings and be more alert. Your eyes are always the best look out. One day, I also saw a police, on a bike on the side street, pointing a radar gun at cars pointed at my direction, but my detector didn't tell me anything; I believe he was using laser. There is no guarantee. There are other times where I hear Ka band goes off and I do see a police nearby.

I hardwired mine and mounted it right under my rearview mirror for a really clean look - I love it way more now; I'd hate to have an ugly cord dangling and making it obvious when I'm driving.

Pros:
- Looks nice, clean look (I have the Red display; my car interior gauge/radio is mostly blue, but the blue display costs a lot more!)
- Large mute button for easy access
- Different alarm/tone for different radar detection (I hear the K band beep so many times, it has annoyed me... it is so refreshing to hear a different chirping alert when Ka gets detected!)
- You can switch to dark mode with minimal display
- Ability to disable bands
- Sensitive/Good range.
- Best bang for your buck

Cons:
- No learning feature, so you will have to ignore the false alerts every time you drive the same route or disable completely; going through the menu is a bit cumbersome.
- No GPS for speed traps, etc (which is fine, since I use other Apps)
- The buttons do feel cheap plastic and the device itself is very light (I guess that's a good thing); it would scratch easily if you don't take good care of it.

Like any radar, if it saves you one ticket then it pays for itself. Combine this radar and app like Waze and you'll have a pretty nice setup.

Also check that the FCCID has M4 - that is the newer one with the TSR anti-falsing installed; if it has S7 then it is the older based RX65 model.

House of Marley EM-FH041-MI Liberate Midnight XLBT Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
Price: $179.99
7 used & new from $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A mature stylish look Bluetooth headphone, February 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Move over Dr. Dre... Bob Marley is in the house.....

Ok, sorry, that was cheesy. Yes. So Unlike Dr. Dre's flashy "bling" looking headphones and overly exaggerated bass/super high treble, we have House of Marley Liberate headphones that is stylish in a completely different nature: "natural" (wooden fabric) with a mature calm look that would still be able to grab attention.

Overall, the sound is pleasing and pretty balanced, especially impressive considering it's wireless; however, in a confined way... if that makes any sense; the earcups are rather on the smaller side - it's a little claustrophobic feeling for me; I don't think my head is that big and it's pretty tight. Personally, I feel a bit further away from the music, more of a DIRECT studio recording sound - not a concert feeling with major separation that I've been spoiled by my other headphones like the Sennheiser 595/600, but that is to be expected considering the price/style. Just don't expect major separation in the vocals and instrumentals and breathing space. With that being said, you still get the luxury of being wireless and travel friendly collapsible design.

Right side of the headphones have the volume up/down and skip track/back and pause/play and power button... I'm sure some will argue it's not hard to memorize the location of the buttons, but honestly, when I'm zoned into a music, it's a bit difficult for me to QUICKLY realize which button does which again... I want to turn the volume, but usually forget if it's the skip track button instead, especially since they're pretty close together to one another; it would have been nicer if the buttons had a different texture feel or have only the volume controls on the left side of the headphones or make it a scroll wheel.

The manual states you can seek/rewind music (not skipping track) by holding on to the button, but it did not work for me; I tried it on a iPod Touch and Android phone!

Pros:
- Bluetooth - no wires! (aux input also available)
- Collapsible; excellent for travel
- Music Control/Volume buttons on the right side of the headphone
- Very mature stylish
- Good sound considering it's totally wireless/bluetooth - in a confined way.

Cons:
- Headphones cannot be adjusted inward/outward for better comfort (fixed)
- Seeking the music did not work by holding on the buttno; it only completely skipped/back a track (tried on iPod Touch and Android phone)
- Lots of buttons on the right side of the earphones (would have liked the buttons to be more separated/obvious/different texture)
- Somewhat small earcups; these won't cover your entire ear/have a major concert feeling.

If you're really picky with sound and that's your main priority then these aren't for you; if you need wireless bluetooth, you like the wood/fabric style look, need something for travel, don't need massive earcups to cover your entire ear, then give these a try.

Athletec Sports Ultra Absorbent Yoga Towel Set, Blue
Athletec Sports Ultra Absorbent Yoga Towel Set, Blue
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ready for Yoga or some hot sweaty exercise!!, February 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't really do Yoga, but just having this set makes me want to start doing it. I mean, I can use the towel/mat for other sports and working out as well as it absorbs sweat, doesn't slide around, and prevents odor bacteria growth.

This combo set includes the mat towel that measures 27x70" long and a face/body towel that measures 12x32".

The towel states it's 80% polyester and 20% polyamide.

There are anti-skid dots on one side of the mat, so it won't slide around.

I like the thought of knowing how this towel has an "antimicrobial technology" to prevent the growth of odor causing bacteria.

This set of blue colors just really feel like "workout" and going to the gym to me.

Maybe a small string included to tie it around would have been nice. Overall, it's a nice set for anyone wanting to work out or yoga!

Logitech Ultrathin Magnetic Clip-On Keyboard Cover for iPad Air, Space Gray
Logitech Ultrathin Magnetic Clip-On Keyboard Cover for iPad Air, Space Gray
Offered by BluetoothPlus
Price: $54.49
21 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice keyboard/case accessory - keyboard even works with Android, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like that the keyboard has a very slight mushy key press feedback to it; I've used really cheap keyboards before where it's just clicky and well... feels cheap.

However, I was a bit disappointed with the slippery plastic feel of the keys; maybe I have high expectations, but I was kind of expecting the keys itself to be a little more higher quality like on the Apple laptop, or at least I wish the keyboard buttons would have been the same aluminum texture/feel as the back of the keyboard.

It does not have to be clipped for the keyboard to work. After all, it is a bluetooth keyboard. On the side of the keyboard, there is a micro-USB port for charging, on/off switch, and pairing button. In fact, a bonus for me was how the keyboard even works with Android tablets - the volume, media keys too! I can even put a Nexus 7 2nd generation tablet on the stand in landscape too (of course, it's not made for it, so tilting at different degree of angles will not work)

There is one flap, after you remove the sticky tape, where you slide your iPad and it magnetically attaches. The stand hinge allows you to tilt to various angles like a laptop.

Pros:
- Has a slight mushy key press feedback
- Various multi-angle degree
- Acts as a cover (of course, it will not protect the back side of your iPad)
- Keyboard shortcuts work with Android too/it can also make a Nexus 7 2nd generation sit on the stand (not various angles)

Cons:
- Keys feel a bit plasticky/slippery for my taste; I wish it had a more solid feel to it/aluminum like the back casing.

I really like the innovative design/casing/keyboard combo. I hate having bulky cases/carrying keyboard, but this case solves both problems.

Logitech, please make the same design/keyboard for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S too; I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Iceberg ICE65877 Maxx Legroom Melamine Laminate Folding Table, 60" Length x 18" Width x 29-1/2" Height, Gray
Price: $215.99
15 used & new from $126.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty durable, but the cheap plastic hook arrived broken., February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a bit disappointed mine arrived with the plastic hook to lock the lever was completely chipped off on one side. Everything else seems to be heavy duty and durable, yet that part being cheap plastic, it should have been metal or something; it wouldn't be so fragile during heavy transportation bumps or whatnot. Thankfully, regardless having the hook or not, the table is still able to securely lock.

There are two levers on each side of the legs, when you pull the lever on one side, the legs can be folded out - you then have to push the lever ALL THE WAY DOWN, it will require some bit of strength and force, flat right underneath the table to lock securely and completely.

The table is REALLY tall, which is good or bad depending on what you're expecting; for permanent use, it's nice to be able to put a cabinet or storage box underneath the table.

I uploaded a picture of the table with a SAMSUNG UN55H6350 HDTV on it so you get a better idea of the size.

Pros:
- Heavy duty, nice build
- Easy storage
- Very tall
- Surface feels nice

Cons:
- The plastic hook on one side arrived broken.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bosch 4926 / 3397013044 Insight Wiper Blade - 26" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 4926 / 3397013044 Insight Wiper Blade - 26" (Pack of 1)
Price: $19.00
3 used & new from $15.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick design wipers. Looks good. Clear wipes!, January 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It was a perfect time for me to review this because my old wipers totally needed to be replaced (I haven't replaced them for years, but I was finally reaching danger point... I could barely see in the rain/streaking...never clear... it was so dangerous!), So yeah, I was really excited to try this out...

I have never replaced wipers before, so I had to look up many videos on youtube (lol)... but honestly, it was still very confusing because not everyone has the same type of hook, and the explanations were lacking or had horrible camera angles.

I'm sure it should only take a few minutes to swap it out, but it took me a little longer. The difficult part for me was trying to figure out how to remove it. Installing it was a lot simpler just by snapping it in and then lock.

The driver side should usually be larger than the passenger side; my car for the driver side takes this 26" and my passenger side takes 19" blades. I was so happy to be able to get both sizes. If your enter your vehicle on Amazon, it should let you know if it works for your car or not.

I wish the instructions had some wording on it for more clear directions - it's just pictures and arrows... it's not so obvious for a beginner. The instruction actually shows for different types of wiper hooks, which I was overwhelmed by before I realized they weren't relevant to me.

The part where it says "Bosch", you need to pinch, which was a bit difficult for me, and flip open; after you slide it in, you will lock it back.

These wipers look a lot more "tough"/thicker than your average/stock wipers. It may be a minor pet peeve for some people, but when you're inside the car, you will notice the wipers more in your view, since they are thicker.

On the driver side, it wipes everything clean. Of course, on the passenger side, since it's shorter, it will leave some areas in the corner, but that's to be expected and it's fine.

I will update my review if I encounter any problems. I'm proud of myself for being able to install this on my own and happy with the look and performance of these wipers... I see the forecast is going to rain this week - bring it on!!

Pros:
- Looks tough/thick wipers (not puny looking like the stock wipers)
- Wipes clean

Cons:
- Instructions could be more detailed with written text - not just ambiguous arrows.
Comment Comment | Permalink

SABRE RED Protector Dog Spray - Dog Deterrent - Professional Size with Belt Clip
Price: $13.85
9 used & new from $12.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Large canister and quick slide-thumb flap trigger, January 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sabre is really the only brand to trust when it comes to pepper sprays. Law Enforcement also use it and is a trusted brand.

If these go on your skin or clothing indirectly, it will be contaminated and you will feel a burning feeling. (one time, I had one in my pocket and it triggered by accident, so I actually know from experience...). If these go directly into the eyes, I can't imagine how painful it would be. Many people claim being pepper sprayed is far worse than being tazered.

I own several pepper sprays from Sabre and the canister for this is on the larger size, which is nice.

This is advertised as a Dog Spray, but it can be just as effective on humans.

Unlike the "SABRE RED Stop Strap Pepper Spray", the flip cover does not "lock/snap" - it's a spring-flap cover, so you just slide your thumb so it's ready for immediate use; with the other peppers sprays, one would have to flick to expose the nozzle or whatnot.

I'm not sure if it's intended for the clip to be adjusted, but with some force, I was able to slightly adjust the positioning of the clip because the way it came made holding the canister a bit awkward for me.

This is great to carry and gives you a peace of mind when going jogging/hiking for some protection.
The one I received states it expires 01/2019!

SABRE Door Stop Alarm
SABRE Door Stop Alarm
Price: $11.97
4 used & new from $11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Loud! Piercing sound, January 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This thing is seriously REALLY loud!! If you don't wake up from this, you must be in a coma...

I covered the speakers to test it first and even then it hurt my ears so much... when my hands uncovered it, it was just insane. The piercing noise is really painful... this can be a torture device... I thought releasing the metal contact immediately would stop the alarm, but it did not... I had to press the switch to OFF.

You have to unscrew the bottom battery cover to insert a 9v battery.

I think this can actually come in handy besides doors... you could maybe carry it with you or keep it in your car when you need attention, just press against the metal switch (having the switch to on) and you will definitely get people's attention.

This is the perfect accessory to have when you go traveling and end up having to stay in somewhat shady motels or even nice looking hotels - definitely gives extra comfort!! I will definitely have this with me.

I think it would be great if they add deluxe version with a wireless remote to stop the alarm in cases of false alarms, so you don't have to get out of bed and turn the switch off.

Pros:
- SUPER loud / piercing painful noise... definitely will drive anyone nuts/scare them.
- Prevents door from opening all the way
- Gives you extra comfort safety
- Low battery indicator

Cons:
- 9v battery not included

KT TAPE PRO Kinesiology Tape, Elastic Therapeutic Tape, Uncut, 16 Feet, Black
KT TAPE PRO Kinesiology Tape, Elastic Therapeutic Tape, Uncut, 16 Feet, Black
Offered by Bowlerstore
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Depends on what area support you need. This version is UNCUT., January 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After using compression socks and the KT Tape, I can say if you need ankle/leg support, it's a better investment and results having compression socks. For other areas on your body, this may be an alternative to whatever other method you're using or the only option.

This version is uncut, so you need to use scissors. I was previously offered the pre-cut version and I find that one more convenient; these things stretch, so it's not necessary to cut it really long. The Uncut version may seem like it gives you more flexibility and freedom, but you need to also factor in the stretch/strength amount.

The YouTube tutorial videos the company offers is definitely worth checking out and gives you a better idea of how these tapes are used.

Depending on the area, you'll need assistance from another person to attach it on you or require multiple attachment of these; it's nice to have different color so it's easier to distinguish the anchor points.

Ultimately, this is something you have to try yourself if it's right for you or not. From my personal experience, I prefer investing in compression socks than using these tapes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20