Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Kiyo M. > Reviews

Kiyo M.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 417

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kiyo M. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Silent Hill: Downpour
Silent Hill: Downpour
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $17.98
106 used & new from $9.29

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D experience is incredible! Must have 3D game!, October 8, 2015
This review is from: Silent Hill: Downpour (Video Game)
I have a 3D projector, so I've been addicted to looking for some worthy 3D movies and games. Silent Hill Downpour is one of those must-have 3D games, and definitely must be experienced on a big 3D screen!

The game sometimes has those sudden jump scares, but for the most part, it is calm and suspenseful that builds up to it. The puzzles are interesting and the possessed world is fascinating.

This is a game that can DEFINITELY use a stragedy guide! Some things are just ridiculous, like knowning have to pick up a hook and using that to pull down a ladder.

There's a part early in the game where a regular room turns into this possesed world and you have to run away; this part alone is extemely intense and exciting - the 3D depth in this moment is incredible and so thrillng! I totally loved that part. That moment in that game totally put a smile on my face... I really felt like I was experiencing all of it.

There is also this one side mission where you can hear a missing girl crying in the basement, but the bar/caged door is locked; when you go upstairs and return, the door is shockingly opened on its own and you hear the crying stop; when you go near the chair and grab the gun, the shadow of the missing possesed girl appears - MY GOD, that was absolutely scary! I hated being in that basement.

The 3D and surround sound definitely makes this an immersive scary experience.

The 3D in this game really makes use of the depth, especially in hallways. It's not so much the gimmicky pop-up in your face 3D, but as if you're looking through the window.

I wish more games made use of the amazing depth 3D that this game does.

I highly recommend getting a 3D setup and play this in 3D. 3D rules!

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
Offered by J&S GAMES
Price: $15.89
191 used & new from $4.26

1.0 out of 5 stars REQUIRES Downloading a MASSIVE 15GB Update Patch?!?, October 3, 2015
I loved the original starcraft and was totally addicated to it. Starcraft 2 is just as fun with better graphics... if you are willing to go through the massive hassle to "install" the game.

However, my rating is for the ridiculous DOWNLOADING REQUIRED to play the game. Is Blizzard forcing people to DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE game all over again, despite the contents on the disc?! This single 8GB Dual Layer Disc that you get in the box is essentially USELESS.

One would think when you're buying a PHYSICAL DISC, you could start playing the game right away - saving bandwidth/time to install the game; as opposed to buying a DIGITAL CONTENT where you have to download the whole thing.

Blizzard now REQUIRES you to DOWNLOAD an entire whopping 15 GB file to start playing the game.

I played Starcraft 2 when it first came out, but years later today, I decided I wanted to play it again and reinstall the game on a new computer...

I can not believe the installation/update is going to take FOREVER having to download this ridiculous 15 GB file/practically the ENTIRE GAME. What is the point of having the DISC now? It is worthless.

No wonder the game is so cheap now... you are basically buying a CD-KEY and an INSTALLER software without the actual game contents.

Seriously, what is this mess/deal Blizzard is trying to pull? The Update Patch is an enormous 15 GB! (imitates Doc Brown 15 jiggawatts!!!! I mean, 15 gigabytes!!!!!) If I was on 4G network with unlimited bandwidth, I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem, but come on now... Definitely won't be buying any Blizzard games; I don't care if they're selling for a $1.

Having to download DOUBLE the amount of the worthless 8GB Dual Layer Disc, where it's essentially just a download launcher, is absolutely ridiculous bait & switch tactic Blizzard is trying to pull here.

Plugable Active DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (Supports displays up to 4K / UHD / 3840x2160@30Hz)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: $19.95
4 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Converts DisplayPort to allow HDMI instead. Quad monitor set-up!, October 3, 2015
It works exactly like it's supposed to: it converts a Display Port to allow HDMI.

My GTX 660 Graphics card has two DVIs, a HDMI, and a Display Port. Most things are HDMI than Display Ports; getting this adapter was the solution to be able to connect a fourth monitor to my graphics card, making use of that DisplayPort and not collect dust.

Kinivo Kinivo Btd-400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter - for Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $32.99
11 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Windows 8.1 - great sound from my PC to my surround sound system speaker., October 3, 2015
Not sure what the deal is with the negative reviews. I've known Kinivo from previously owning their bluetooth speakers; I needed a bluetooth adapter for my PC, since it didn't have it.

First thing I did was install the latest drivers from the website (it was pretty large at over 100MB!) - during installation, it asked to connect the device in order to proceed with the installation. After connecting the dongle, it proceeded with the installation and it successfully finished. I got the bluetooth configuration show up on my taskbar. I searched for my speakers and it connected perfectly.

Finally, I get really great sound without dealing with any wires to my surround sound speakers from my PC.

I'm on Windows 8.1. I was a little hesitant about ordering this, but I'm really glad I did and everything worked the way I wanted!

Sonic Generations - PlayStation 3
Sonic Generations - PlayStation 3
Price: $17.65
109 used & new from $9.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! MUST HAVE 3D Game!, September 27, 2015
I've been obsessed with 3D movies and games on my projector, and this is one of those games that is HIGHLY recommended if you want to demo some amazing 3D gameplay.

I'm really impressed. It is quite challenging because Sonic runs at light speed, but the 3D experience is quite incredible.

There is so much 3D depth in this, I really feel like I'm in a new world with Sonic.

I also love that this game offers voice narrative in several languages, including Japanese voices, and not just English!

If you're looking for 3D content for your 3D home theater experience, this is definitely a must-have. This game was definitely made for 3D in mind! I wish they would make use of 3D in more games; it's quite an immersive experience!

PS3 will not die! I wish PS4 would support 3D too, although they seem to be going the virtual reality route.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - Playstation 3
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - Playstation 3
Offered by Fulfillinc
Price: $17.88
71 used & new from $4.45

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT in 3D. Just give a 3D patch update, Sony!, September 26, 2015
Motorstorm is an exciting racing game, but my review is more on the 3D aspect.

I've been getting into 3D gaming and I've heard recommendations about Pacific Rift being great 3D game... however, I found out the hard way that this full Pacific Rift game does NOT even have the 3D option!

There is a standalone dowloadable only on the PS Network called Motorstorm 3D Rift (you have to pay $10), which has less tracks than this full game -- but it has 3D support.

I think that's very confusing and ridiculous; Sony should just give a patch update on this Pacific Rift full game to have 3D support!

Life of Pi (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
Life of Pi (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Suraj Sharma
Offered by BuyAndEnjoy
Price: $24.99
54 used & new from $10.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have 3D film. Not just visual 3D spectacle like Avatar, but the story goes deeper., September 9, 2015
I finally had a chance to watch Life of Pi in 3D. This film is definitely a must-see experience in 3D.

Be warned, the aspect ratio will change twice during the film on certain scenes - THIS IS NORMAL. Although if you're not forewarned, you will find it odd and annoying when it changes, not knowing the story behind it. The director purposely wanted to play/change the aspect ratio (CinemaScope) during the film (it has nothing to do with IMAX conversion) - you will get black bars; the director did this so that the fishes go out into the black borders, making it seem like they're popping out of the screen. This film was meant to be seen in 3D.

Visually, the 3D and cinematography is impressive. But it doesn't just end there.

I've been collecting 3D films lately, and I haven't had a film that made me jump yet UNTIL THIS ONE. The scene where the tiger first lashes out in the boat literally made me jump; surround sound also helps! Very intense.

The flying fishes was also an exciting 3D scene.

This is a film that makes you think on deeper levels. It does involve religion and faith, but I love how the film brings that full circle and importance in the movie regardless what religion or non-religious you are.

Are you a realist rational thinker or a believer? I love how this film challenges and questions those ideas.

The actors are excellent, both young and older Pi. I really felt for the characters. Even the CG tiger is so lovable... Richard Parker.

It's an excellent must-see touching film, an unforgettable 3D experience that goes beyond just superficial 3D. The 3D completely enhances the film.

For me, Avatar is just to show off 3D with the most generic cliche storyline. Life of Pi uses 3D to enhance a deep philosophical touching story. The film Gravity has impressive 3D, but the story just isn't there for that either. Life of Pi is the complete package 3D/storyline.

If you want a film open to many discussions, this is it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2015 8:16 PM PDT

Holmes 100% Recycled 20" Power Fan, Made in the USA
Holmes 100% Recycled 20" Power Fan, Made in the USA
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $34.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Too loud at highest setting., September 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I give it a 4 being generous. There are 3 modes. If you're imagining getting glamour hairstyle blowing with this, you may be disappointed. The maximum speed is just way too loud for me, considering the output of the wind.

I also found it strange how you have to attach the bottom base yourself, but what confused me was how the left/right feet are attached together; I wasn't sure if I was supposed to snap it off since there were no instructions.

It does have that recycled plastic feel and presentation. Am I blown away? No. However, it is what it is and is a light to transport around the room.

Bissell 1544A PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop
Bissell 1544A PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop
Price: $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars HIGH mode puts out a lot of steam!, September 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a two-in-one device; I really like the portable steam feature; it's great for easy cleaning of sink mildew or other gunk that needs to wiped with less effort.

The manual stated it includes a cup to pour water into the pod, but I didn't receive one.

The product photos are also misleading: there is NO MEDIUM mode button - instead, it is a ON/OFF button there, with LO and HIGH buttons on the sides.

There is no TRIGGER to squirt the steam only when you want it; once you select the LO or HIGH button, steam will continuously come out until you hit the OFF button. High mode does put out a lot of angry steam, so you want to be careful. You must place it horizontally when setting it down, using the portable handheld.

I never had a steam mop/cleaner, so this is a nice addition to my arsenal to keep places even more OCD clean.

Gravity (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD +UltraViolet Combo Pack)
Gravity (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD +UltraViolet Combo Pack)
DVD ~ Sandra Bullock
Price: $29.99
35 used & new from $24.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Must watch and have in 3D home theater experience!!! Nothing else!!, August 26, 2015
I first saw this in 3D IMAX and it was the most incredible awe-inspiring 3D experience I've ever had... it really was incredible what 3D technology can do and is no gimmick!! I literally felt like I was there... chills!

I then bought it on blu-ray and watched it on my 55" HDTV... I can understand people complaining about the movie being boring; I actually had a family member fall asleep! When I watched it in regular 2D, I just felt there is a lot of mundane scenes and wasn't as exciting... HOWEVER, when you watch it in 3D, it is a completely different experience because the 3D atmosphere alone is just so fascinating like you are in space with them.

This is a film that MUST be watched on big screen 3D - with 5.1+ surround sound - to be appreciated! I finally bought the 3D blu-ray version and setup my projector/surround sound system and the experience is just like how I felt in the theaters! The surround sound definitely enhances those 3D visuals...

This is a must have to demo 3D and your surround sound system!

The story is not what's mindblowing, it's actually very simple... but the EXPERIENCE with 3D and surround sound, is absolutely priceless.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20