Profile for Kiyo M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 401

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kiyo M. RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Titanic (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / Digital Copy)
Titanic (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Leonardo Dicaprio
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $24.00
47 used & new from $16.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Must HAVE for 3D Collectors. Spectacular 3D!, July 29, 2015
3D is absolutely amazing! I'll be using that word a lot...

When young Rose first appears on the screen, getting out of the car to board Titanic, it's fantastic 3D work everywhere! The camera perspective and the depth of Rose's hat.... just amazing! The detail and clarity on the close-up shot of Old Rose and even the depth on her nose... Wow! Seeing Rose and Jack on the edge of the Titanic in 3D is so surreal.

They did an incredible job with the 3D conversion... it really feels like the film was shot in 3D! It's very, very impressive. A lot of money, time, and hard work definitely went into it.

The hallway scenes inside the Titanic gives amazing depth that I really feel like I'm standing there with them and totally forget that I am even wearing 3D glasses or watching a 3D movie....

Now, I don't believe all films should be in 3D. However, 3D is definitely NOT a gimmick when it's done right and the movie deserves it. (Terminator 2 definitely deserves to be rereleased in 3D!) Titanic is perfect for 3D -- it really gives the audience an experience of really feeling of being on the Titanic, and near Jack/Rose that would not be possible any other way.

The production value on Titanic and how much money it made really lives up to it's own name. It's everything you would want in a movie; love story, music, action.... and 3D just completely slammed it out of the park, making it the total complete perfect package. Titanic 3D is a must own for any 3D collector - it's a no brainer! If you're a huge fan of Titanic, you're missing out not seeing it in 3D... it's definitely an incredible experience, especially on a large projection screen. The technology really is amazing. Thank you, James Cameron! (Christopher Nolan needs to stop being pretentious and bring his films to 3D... Inception totally deserves it too)

I'm a guy and I'm not ashamed to say Titanic is one of my favorite films. I owned it on VHS, DVD, Blu-ray... and now 3D Blu-ray... I'm sure Cameron is very happy... I'll wait for the Titanic Virtual Reality edition in 20 years.

Jurassic Park (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
Jurassic Park (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Sam Neill
Price: $18.87
65 used & new from $13.01

5.0 out of 5 stars No brainer MUST HAVE for 3D collectors. Amazing!, July 29, 2015
We all know Jurassic Park is a timeless classic. It was a groundbreaking film and entertainment that still holds up today; the CG back then (including Terminator 2) still looks way more impressive than rushed out uninspired video game looking CG work done today! The Raptors look so realistic! Back then, I thought they were actually actors in a physical realistic costume suit having the most impressive creature movements ever in history... haha. With the amazing lighting work and everything, it doesn't look CG at all. I love how it builds up suspense by not showing the T-Rex immediately, and then there are just multiple actions that occur right after another... pacing is just great... even today, Jurassic Park is just loaded with intense, well thought-out clever moments and NOT just sloppy actions that drag.

I know there are people who are not fans of 3D (Why Christopher Nolan? Inception deserves 3D. It gives an amazing experience!!) and believe it's a gimmick... back in the day, perhaps... and I do believe not all movies benefit from 3D. However, with today's technology and watching the 3D in high definition, large projection screen, it is really mind blowing incredible if the 3D elements enhance the film.

Instead of being a spectator, when the movie and 3D is done right, it really feels like you're involved and on the set! I mean, 3D technology is not perfect and there can be some cardboard cut-out feeling still, but there can also be scenes where you totally forget you're even watching a screen. I felt like I was on the ride entering the park with them! I think it's more intense than the Jurassic Park water ride at Universal too! It's like having a theme park/Universal in my own home! I love seeing that Jurassic Park entrance in 3D... goosebumps! Seeing the T-Rex in 3D was like literally being there present and it was a whole new, exhilarating experience for me.

When the girl falls off from the air duct and the Raptor leaps up towards her.... that totally made me flinch in 3D -- even though I knew that was going to happen from watching the film before.

When one can watch an entertaining quality film with story, and then adding well-done 3D conversion, that is a win-win total complete package. One would think they shot this movie in 3D.... it's just really well done. Of course the kitchen Raptor scene has great depth in 3D.

Back in 1993, I had a choice of watching Jurassic Park or Super Mario Bros in theaters... Haha.. glad I chose the former. I'm very grateful to be able to watch and experience this film in 3D. If you haven't seen this in 3D, you're missing out. Well worth the investment! I am so addicted to 3D films now, I don't know if I can enjoy watching well-done 3D films in 2D now.

Foxnovo® FP10 10400mAh Lithium Polymer Ultra-thin Aluminum Alloy Dual-Port Backup External Battery Chargers Power Bank Charger for iPhone 6, 5S 5, 4S 4, iPod, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4 3 2, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Tab 2, Sony, HTC, Blackberry and Most USB Devices (Silver)
Offered by Foxnovo Store
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels very high quality - Love the feel/slimness., July 23, 2015
The market is flooded with tons of power banks these days and pricing is also very competitive. I happen to own many of them (can't have too much power!), so these are some things that I look out for in a good power bank:

1. Aesthetics - It needs to look good! Look/feel definitely stand out on this one. Size/portability is also a factor. Now, bigger the capacity, the fatter and heavier the chargers usually are; that's just the nature of it. However, considering this is rated over 10,000mAh, the size is on the slimmer side. I own some other power banks with less capacity that is bulkier!

The material feels very high quality metallic - it does not feel cheap at all. It really does feel and have like a "spaceship" feeling. However, I can see this getting scratched easily if you have it near sharp objects. Thankfully, it does come with a nice cloth case, so you'll want to keep it in there when transporting.

2. Features - It's nice that it has 2 USB ports; one is 2.1A and the other is standard 1A. However, there are no fancy flash lights on this unit.

There is just one single on/off button - connecting a USB to a device does not automatically start charging - you must press the button first. However, it's not a real on/off button where pressing the button again would cut off the power; this would be convenient when connecting USB lights/fans to toggle it on/off.

There are 4 nice faint (not too bright) looking blue LED lights to indicate power levels

It came with a multi-squid looking USB cord... Although this is somewhat convenient, it can also get in the way. I wish it also came with a regular single cable... personally, I rather have one single cable. I'm not sure if I got a defected one but the USB 3.0 plug on mine does not fit properly.

I'm able to charge my Samsung Galaxy phone about 3 times. It does a really good fast charging job. I'd like to see this in the same smooth metallic material in a black version!

Anker and Ravpower are very well known in the powerbank market, but this one is definitely one to consider too.

Midori Spring Organic Ceremonial Matcha - Gold Class - Premium Japanese Green Tea Matcha Powder [Certified USDA, JAS, Kosher] (30g)
Offered by Life & Food
Price: $35.99
2 used & new from $26.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bitter or too sweet at all., July 23, 2015
I got the Gold Class version. There are various flavors of matcha, green tea... this one is not bitter at all, nor is it too sweet. It's a good balance of in the middle. It was a hit with my family.

The powder is super green! Just mix it with water and drink.

USDA Organic. The one received says Best Before 4/23/2016

It states it comes mostly from Aichi, Kagoshima - Japan.

It's pretty expensive... Ideally, you'd want a tea whisk and bamboo scoop to get every piece of that matcha.

Frito-Lay Chips Flavor Mix Multipack, 20 Count
Frito-Lay Chips Flavor Mix Multipack, 20 Count
Price: $5.98
11 used & new from $5.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Empty bag of chips..., July 22, 2015
Length:: 0:37 Mins

I purchased this July 20.
It expires in 2 months - with expiration date of September 22. The Lay's Sour Cream had a date of October 6
I had one completely empty bag of Lay's Sour Cream chips... I think a ghost ate it... why can't I win the lottery in a positive way...

Fritos Chili Cheese one tastes like really bad armpit smell. xD
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2015 9:53 AM PDT

PNY U3 Turbo Performance 32GB High Speed MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-I, up to 90MB/sec Flash Card (P-SDU32GU390G-GE)
Price: $17.99
30 used & new from $17.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Read Speeds are "Up to 90" - However, Write speeds are "Up to 50", July 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Copying a 1.65GB file to this card took about 30 seconds at speeds around 50mb/sec write - and slightly under as rated.

It took 20 seconds to read, it was close to 88-90mb/sec that it was rated at, but most of the time it will be slightly under.

The advertised "Up to 90" refers to the read speeds only. Don't expect it to be constant and write reads will be "Up to 50"

Comes in just a small plastic case. It would have been nice to come with an SD adapter.

Your mileage will vary depending on other devices/sources - Make sure you're using a qualtiy USB 3 card reader!! When I just inserted the micro SD card directly into my laptop reader, I was only getting speeds of 30MB and under for both read/write. When I use this card using a Transcend USB 3.0 card reader, it is able to achieve the rated speeds.

Black & Decker D3030 Allure Iron, Blue
Black & Decker D3030 Allure Iron, Blue
Offered by Tradecozone
Price: $49.49
13 used & new from $41.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice. Lots of steam comes out., July 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was looking forward for the vertical steam feature the most for quick removable of wrinkles while still being hung; while a powerful burst of steam comes out, I wish it could handle more continuous bursts without losing steam. Of course to be really optimal wrinkle free, the vertical feature is no replacement of doing it directly on the ironing board... it has to be done that way; the vertical steam is for minor quick fixes and it will not be perfect.

The manual states that when the heat is ready, the power light turns off, but it never turned off for me... it's always lit when plugged in - instead, it started blinking which means the auto shutoff feature is kicking in; that is very confusing to me.

Pros:
- Looks nice.
- Lots of steam comes out
- Light weight (ideal for doing vertical steams)
- Powerful vertical steam (as long as you leave pauses between presses; not a replacement option compared to doing it directly)

Cons:
- The water max level is difficult to see (did not include a fill cup)
- The power LED never turned off for me (the manual states it turns off when the heat is ready)
- Wish it could handle more continuous vertical bursts

Perhaps my expectations are a little higher than others because many seem to be giving this a perfect 5 star.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2015 9:14 PM PDT

Extenable Selfie Stick / Self Shooting Monopod with Bluetooth Remote Shutter Built-in for iPhone 6, 6 plus, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, SAMSUNG Note4, Note3, 2, Note Galasy S5, S4, S3, LG, BlackBerry etc. IOS/Most android smartphones - Cootree Winnersun
Offered by Kumu World
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought these things were silly.... laugh all you want, but it's actually really cool. Haha, July 19, 2015
If you don't know what a selfie stick is, where have you been?!?! It's amazing how these things didn't exist back then and suddenly became a huge hit because we all need to take photos/videos of ourselves......... what's wrong with our world!?!? I miss the simple days.... - From Grumpy Cat
just kidding....

Well, a lot of people would probably find this accessory silly, but in practicality, it is actually really cool and useful! This is my first selfie stick and I have to say this will allow you take more interesting photos and really make it fun!

I really like the grip/feel of this one, as it feels like a cool tech item and not just a cheap stick. I also like that you can tilt/adjust the mount.

What the bluetooth button does is send a "volume up" command to the phone. My default/stock camera on my Android phone works fine with the button, but since I use a different app to to take photos - I use CameraZoom FX - I simply assigned custom button "Volume Up" to "Take Picture" within that app and it all worked out.

It's too bad though that it's such a well-known product now, that a lot of places are starting to ban this like Disneyland.

This is definitely a hot item today and would make a great and funny, yet useful, gift.

I would love it if it had an adapter to be able to swap/screw on a tripod too.

Samsung UN55H6350 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV (2014 Model)
Samsung UN55H6350 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV (2014 Model)
Offered by Great Prices Check It Out - GPCK INC
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $782.58

4.0 out of 5 stars UN55H6350 - Samsung Panel - Sexy thin bezel TV - HD Feeling, July 19, 2015
Amazon lumps all the reviews together for the Samsung HDTVs, but this review is for the 55" model - UN55H6350 Smart LED TV

There seems to be a lottery of having cheaper panels with other models, but the UN55H6350 is guaranteed to have a Samsung panel, which is supposed to be superior display/quality.

What attracted me besides it being Samsung and its display, is I love how thin the bezel is, which is always what I wanted; it looks very clean, sexy, modern and seem like you're looking out a window; it's especially impressive when you're viewing a full frame image that takes up the entire screen and not letterbox content - that's when you can really appreciate the 55" display (ie: like the IMAX scenes from Interstellar - spectacular!)

I originally didn't care for "Smart TV's" because I could hook up my computer and other things to it, but I found myself using the Smart features to be really useful and cool! It practically has Google Chromecast features built in; it automatically detects my Samsung phone's YouTube and I can stream directly to the TV; I love using YouTube on it. I also love having the convenience of USB ports on the side of the TV to connect flash drives and view movie/pictures directly.

At first I wasn't sure where the physical power button was on this TV, but it's located on the back right corner - it's just a single joystick where you push in, and you will get other commands on the screen and move the joystick/select.

I just have basic TV channels, but I like how the channel guide on this TV looks like DirecTV style and how when you're switching channels, you can see a bar undeneath how far the program is from starting/ending.

I used to have issues where the TV wouldn't connect right away to my WIFI or lag to the remote commands/freeze, but it seems the latest firmware update fixed it.

I used the recommended suggested settings that's posted everywhere on the internet to get "natural colors" but to me, it looks too faded/washed out; it does make the skintones seem more "natural", as it won't look overblown like the standard/vivid settings, but you end up sacrificing a lot of the vibrance... there's just no perfect setting no matter how you much fiddle with the settings.

I usually end up using the default VIVID setting, which usually looks the best, especally for sports; however, in dark scenes (like the last scenes from Edge of Tomorrow movie, it looks way too dark, it's very hard to see that I have to change the settings.)

I also own a Samsung Galaxy Tab S that has a Super AMOLED screen, so after being spoiled by that, I wish I could own a HDTV with a screen like that!

Pros:
- Thin bezel, sexy look/base
- Smart TV features are actualy nice! Works like Google Chrome/YouTube streaming... very convenient.
- USB ports to connect flash drives directly and view photos/videos/music!
- firmware updates

Cons:
- Difficult to get the "perfect" color settings; if you want "natural skintones", you sacrifice color vibrance/brightness... if you want nice vivid colors, of course skintones would look washed out.

Far from perfect, but it's definitey a nice HDTV. I've always wanted a Samsung HDTV because they always looked the best to me. Sonys were the thing before, but Samsung really is taking over TVs and smartphones... When I check out the TV displays at retail stores, I always find the Samsung TVs to be the nicest display.

My first HDTV was a Toshiba 40", I later got a Vizio 47" and now I have this 55" Samsung. After each one, it makes you want even a bigger size...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2015 3:26 AM PDT

Car Mount, TESLAN Universal QUAD MAGNETIC Cradle Series, Cell Phone Car Mount, Cell Phone Holder for Car, Desk Mount, with 4 Strong Magnets, 360 Rotate, Tilt, Swivel, for iPhone 6 6 Plus 5 5S 5C 4 4S, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3, Google, Droid, HTC, LG, G3, Fire and other Mobile Cell Smartphones and Phablets, Car Mount for Phones, Dashboard Windshield Mountable
Offered by Teslan Direct
Price: $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Tesla?? Oh, Teslan... Quite possibly the best magnetic mount out there, July 17, 2015
First of all, this looks like a Tesla car rip off... I honestly thought the car company Tesla released a mount... haha
The name looks similar, with just an added 'N' letter at the end, but the logo looks similar too... I mean, it's not a bad thing... maybe that's why it feels like a quality product. I knew immediately from the packaging, that it was going to be a good mount; it's in real English... I've bought other mounts where it's generic packaging design/clearly from China.

I've been searching for a strong magnet - as well as being aesthetically pleasing - and this mount was the only one that I could find that qualified both categories. I like the red ring, Teslan name/logo looks nice. I hate other magnetic mounts where it has an ugly large white font of some generic company name on it... it just looks so ugly.

The magnetic part is large and very strong! I'm using it to mount my 10.5" Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet on it. I've been replacing all my "clamp" style mounts to all magnetic because it's just so much more convenient and looks way nicer without frame/borders holding it in place! (of course there is a trade-off of sticking the opposite magnetic end on your devices)

I liked this mount so much, I've actually purchased two.
Comment Comment | Permalink