Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Kiyo M. > Reviews

Browse

Kiyo M.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 408

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kiyo M. RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Gravity (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD +UltraViolet Combo Pack)
Gravity (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD +UltraViolet Combo Pack)
DVD ~ Sandra Bullock
Price: $29.99
38 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must watch and have in 3D home theater experience!!! Nothing else!!, August 26, 2015
I first saw this in 3D IMAX and it was the most incredible awe-inspiring 3D experience I've ever had... it really was incredible what 3D technology can do and is no gimmick!! I literally felt like I was there... chills!

I then bought it on blu-ray and watched it on my 55" HDTV... I can understand people complaining about the movie being boring; I actually had a family member fall asleep! When I watched it in regular 2D, I just felt there is a lot of mundane scenes and wasn't as exciting... HOWEVER, when you watch it in 3D, it is a completely different experience because the 3D atmosphere alone is just so fascinating like you are in space with them.

This is a film that MUST be watched on big screen 3D - with 5.1+ surround sound - to be appreciated! I finally bought the 3D blu-ray version and setup my projector/surround sound system and the experience is just like how I felt in the theaters! The surround sound definitely enhances those 3D visuals...

This is a must have to demo 3D and your surround sound system!

The story is not what's mindblowing, it's actually very simple... but the EXPERIENCE with 3D and surround sound, is absolutely priceless.

DeLonghi America EDG305BG EX:1 Nescafe Dolce Gusto Mini Me Espresso and Cappuccino Machine, Black
Price: $119.99
2 used & new from $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have!, August 16, 2015
Length:: 1:58 Mins

Here's a video of the product.

Mini-Starbucks machine! I don't drink much coffee, but this was my first Espresso and it's a hit with my family.

Power on, put in the capsule and set the correct level located on the capsule itself. There is a Hot and Cold switch to activate. That's pretty much it.

What I think would make this even better is if the capsules had a bar code or something and it could scan and set the correct levels for you; that would make it even easier than it is and dumbproof. It does make noise.

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For [Blu-ray]
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jessica Alba
Price: $17.99
61 used & new from $8.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 3D - Sequel is actually better! Hated the first., August 15, 2015
I bought this for the 3D. I enjoyed the 3D more than Avatar, since the story was more engaging... it's not overly convoluted like the first one and is simple to follow. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was interesting to watch, especially his storyline.

The 3D really brought it to life. I highly recommend in your 3D collection if you enjoy 3D.

If you get offended with nudity and violence, this film is obviously not for you. Eva Green is naked many times.

I thought I would enjoy watching the first Sin City after enjoying this second series in 3D, but I was completely wrong; the first Sin City dragged on so much and extremely repetitive.

More people seem to like the original and were disappointed with this one, but I feel COMPLETELY opposite. I HATE Sin City (2005), but I enjoyed 2014's A Dame to Kill (Sin City 2)

I can watch A Dame to Kill (Sin City 2) multiple viewings, but I have no desire or interest to watch the first original again (although I think the first one could look amazing in 3D too if they were to release it; however, I wouldn't care for the story - so repetitive!).

Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD SATA 3 2.5 (7mm height) Solid State Drive Bundle Kit (SHSS3B7A/240G)
Price: $113.68
44 used & new from $113.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, versatile all-in-one bundle packaging accessories + Fast speeds!, August 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow, the accessories included in this bundle is fantastic! You get ALL the useful things that you need in one complete package! I'm impressed. And you get a fast drive too, so when you consider all the accessories, this is an incredible value!

I wasn't expecting an external drive case, so that was a nice surprise! You can use this externally, replace inside a laptop, or put it in your PC - all the accessories are ready for you! It even comes with Acronis software for easy cloning.

Replacing the previous SandForce controller, Kingston now uses 8 channel Phison S10 controller providing faster speeds. It can still be responsive even when the drive is filled to maximum. NANDs uses Toshiba A19

7mm slim form factor
2.5" - 3.5" adapter desktop
screwdriver and enclosures

Attractive body design too.

Copying 20 GB in less than a minute is amazing.

This is a great all-in-one solution package! Easily 5 stars!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Rapid K1 Retro Classic Stapling Pliers, Mellow Yellow (5000584)
Rapid K1 Retro Classic Stapling Pliers, Mellow Yellow (5000584)
Price: $32.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Not your ordinary stapler. Nice color Retro style stapler for loads of paper., August 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never used this kind of "old style" stapler before, so I initially wasn't sure how to install the stapler inside... I guess it's self-explanatory, since there were no instructions. It does require some strength to push down the spring down to hook it in place. You also need to squeeze to use the stapler.

If I had to be critical, the spring is the only complaint I would have about the whole design - maybe that's why staplers these days don't design it like that anymore - I understand this is an old classic stapler design, but the spring rolled up just makes me nervous and is the only part that looks very messy/ugly/scary. It feels like loading an ammo. Definitely not recommended for kids.

Other than that, the color is really nice and it feels heavy duty. If you need to staple multiple papers, it's nice to have a stapler like this. If you're stapling only a few papers, I believe this stapler would be overkill.

Prometheus (Blu-ray 3D/ Blu-ray/ DVD/ Digital Copy)
Prometheus (Blu-ray 3D/ Blu-ray/ DVD/ Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Noomi Rapace
Offered by Anchor*Media
Price: $23.29
88 used & new from $8.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Many hate it or love this film. It's made for the experience in 3D. (no gimmick 3D effects), August 5, 2015
I was unsure what to expect because many seem to HATE this film religiously and others loved it; I've never read so many reviews that were so bipolar. I think nobody will argue when it comes to the production set design and craftsmanship quality being top notch.

I finally got to watch Prometheus -- and I watched it in 3D, as I recently started getting addicted to watching 3D films at home.

I feel Prometheus is definitely one of those films that must be enjoyed on the big screen/surround sound -- and 3D just makes it more immersive, making you truly experience that unique universe. It's like 2001: Space Odyssey and Lawerence in Arabia where it had to be experienced in a theater... if not, the film just feels slow and boring for most -- it's the EXPERIENCE that is entertaining (This is also the same with Gravity... many find that film boring on a standard screen, but it is really spectacular experience in 3D).

The 3D in this has none of the gimmick 3D effects, but it's all naturally used well in the environment rooms, spaceship, and vehicles. There are some really grotesque scenes in this film that can be really traumatizing! The 3D is very impressive and natural that it didn't even feel like I'm watching a "3D film", but more like seeing through a glass; seeing the alien tenticles grab in 3D looks very good and quite frightening. However, the storm dust in 3D made it difficult to see what exactly was going on for me; I had no idea who was trying to save who.

I believe people that hated Prometheus are major Alien fans who were disappointed storywise with their expectations; people who are critical about science and religion being 100% realistic; and people who are turned off by grotesque scenes.

I mean, I do agree, some of the behavior were outrageous; like when the lost archeologist crew was totally afraid and scared, yet when the guy first encountered a snake alien creature, he was overly calm and playful with it! That doesn't make sense. Some of the crews simply sacrificing themselves just seem very unnatural, actually cheesy, and just for dramatic effect. There is also a "Star Wars"-like twist that was also predictable and cheesy as well.

Despite the flaws, I still feel it was worth the 3D experience into this strange world... it really is an escape from reality. It definitely leaves you wanting more as the sequel will come out next year in 2016; I'm interested. Michael Fassbender is very good as the robot (this is not a spoiler, it's mentioned very early on in the film). The grotesque scenes really don't hold back and it's really disturbing. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed or felt the same if I didn't see it in 3D because seeing the environment in 3D made it interesting alone.

Step Up 3 (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Step Up 3 (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Sharni Vinson
Offered by The Big Lebowski
Price: $12.95
42 used & new from $6.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for 3D - Laughably ridiculous "story" - Splashing water dance is good in 3D., August 5, 2015
I admit I bought this soley for the 3D. I guess people who are really passionate about dancing, and teens are the main target for this audience; I'm neither of them. I would NEVER buy this for the cliche-galore story or just for seeing dancing. If you're like me and have a 3D home theater setup and became addicting to collecting 3D films, then I'm sure you're contemplating this film too.

I knew buying it and going into it that there wasn't going to be much of a story, but it really is laughably ridiculous. I guess teens would love it. You get the classic "She's All That" (do people still remember Freddie Prinze Jr and Rachael Leigh Cook? haha) moment 'You lied to me!!' 'No no... but I got to know you and it's different now!!' 'Get away from me!!' 'Oh no, I forgive you'. Let's just have a $100,000 contest where you get one random contestant to suddenly join it on the team and it's totally fine by everyone. Oh sorry, let's just enjoy the dances and be happy... let's break the "best friends" code and start kissing because that's a great way to end a movie with everyone kissing. Surprisingly, there was a F-bomb dropped in the film, which I found to be surprising in this kind of film, and felt like it just came out of nowhere.

The best 3D scene in this film has to be where they're dancing and splashing on the water.

3D is always best when they start using other elements like smoke or balloons flying off. They should have used balls or something to throw at the screen; incorporate more objects with their dances. (they use LED lights at the end, but it's nowhere near as impressive as the water splashing) Personally, I wasn't that impressed with the dancing itself and the final dance scene. The dancing in 3D actually doesn't look that great because it looks more like claymation stop-motion moving. There is the occasional gimmicky arms/hands towards the screen during the dances... When there's no interesting story and just simply dancing in 3D with no interesting obstacles, perspective, or objects, the 3D novelty starts to wear off.

I'm not a dancing fanatic, but I can appreciate when I see cool dancing like America's Got Talent's DM Nation (their synchornization is amazing!). The dancing in the film really didn't wow me, though.

Early in the beginning where they're driving in the car at night in New York is interesting to watch in 3D. I think seeing some first person parkour in the city would have made a great 3D experience.

I bought this because it was cheap for a 3D movie, but with that money spent, you could also invest it on and enjoy a much better quality film with better 3D experience too. If there's just one scene you want to demo to someone in 3D for this film, it's definitely the water splashing dance scene. Overall, there's a few okay 3D experience and laughable story you would expect to see on the Disney channel. If this film wasn't in 3D, I definitely wouldn't have finished it all the way or purchased it.

Titanic (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / Digital Copy)
Titanic (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Leonardo Dicaprio
Price: $24.99
49 used & new from $16.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Must HAVE for 3D Collectors. Spectacular 3D!, July 29, 2015
3D is absolutely amazing! I'll be using that word a lot...

When young Rose first appears on the screen, getting out of the car to board Titanic, it's fantastic 3D work everywhere! The camera perspective and the depth of Rose's hat.... just amazing! The detail and clarity on the close-up shot of Old Rose and even the depth on her nose... Wow! Seeing Rose and Jack on the edge of the Titanic in 3D is so surreal.

They did an incredible job with the 3D conversion... it really feels like the film was shot in 3D! It's very, very impressive. A lot of money, time, and hard work definitely went into it.

The hallway scenes inside the Titanic gives amazing depth that I really feel like I'm standing there with them and totally forget that I am even wearing 3D glasses or watching a 3D movie....

Now, I don't believe all films should be in 3D. However, 3D is definitely NOT a gimmick when it's done right and the movie deserves it. (Terminator 2 definitely deserves to be rereleased in 3D!) Titanic is perfect for 3D -- it really gives the audience an experience of really feeling of being on the Titanic, and near Jack/Rose that would not be possible any other way.

The production value on Titanic and how much money it made really lives up to it's own name. It's everything you would want in a movie; love story, music, action.... and 3D just completely slammed it out of the park, making it the total complete perfect package. Titanic 3D is a must own for any 3D collector - it's a no brainer! If you're a huge fan of Titanic, you're missing out not seeing it in 3D... it's definitely an incredible experience, especially on a large projection screen. The technology really is amazing. Thank you, James Cameron! (Christopher Nolan needs to stop being pretentious and bring his films to 3D... Inception totally deserves it too)

Not just the 3D, but the HD detail/aspect ratio and clarity has been improved; it's very sharp, great colors and detail that it is worthy and pleasure to watch in 3D where there is no sense of fuzziness at all.

I'm a guy and I'm not ashamed to say Titanic is one of my favorite films. I owned it on VHS, DVD, Blu-ray... and now 3D Blu-ray... I'm sure Cameron is very happy... I'll wait for the Titanic Virtual Reality edition in 20 years.

Jurassic Park (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
Jurassic Park (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Sam Neill
Price: $17.99
60 used & new from $12.12

5.0 out of 5 stars No brainer MUST HAVE for 3D collectors. Amazing!, July 29, 2015
We all know Jurassic Park is a timeless classic. It was a groundbreaking film and entertainment that still holds up today; the CG back then (including Terminator 2) still looks way more impressive than rushed out uninspired video game looking CG work done today! The Raptors look so realistic! Back then, I thought they were actually actors in a physical realistic costume suit having the most impressive creature movements ever in history... haha. With the amazing lighting work and everything, it doesn't look CG at all. I love how it builds up suspense by not showing the T-Rex immediately, and then there are just multiple actions that occur right after another... pacing is just great... even today, Jurassic Park is just loaded with intense, well thought-out clever moments and NOT just sloppy actions that drag.

I know there are people who are not fans of 3D (Why Christopher Nolan? Inception deserves 3D. It gives an amazing experience!!) and believe it's a gimmick... back in the day, perhaps... and I do believe not all movies benefit from 3D. However, with today's technology and watching the 3D in high definition, large projection screen, it is really mind blowing incredible if the 3D elements enhance the film.

Instead of being a spectator, when the movie and 3D is done right, it really feels like you're involved and on the set! I mean, 3D technology is not perfect and there can be some cardboard cut-out feeling still, but there can also be scenes where you totally forget you're even watching a screen. I felt like I was on the ride entering the park with them! I think it's more intense than the Jurassic Park water ride at Universal too! It's like having a theme park/Universal in my own home! I love seeing that Jurassic Park entrance in 3D... goosebumps! Seeing the T-Rex in 3D was like literally being there present and it was a whole new, exhilarating experience for me.

When the girl falls off from the air duct and the Raptor leaps up towards her.... that totally made me flinch in 3D -- even though I knew that was going to happen from watching the film before.

When one can watch an entertaining quality film with story, and then adding well-done 3D conversion, that is a win-win total complete package. One would think they shot this movie in 3D.... it's just really well done. Of course the kitchen Raptor scene has great depth in 3D.

Back in 1993, I had a choice of watching Jurassic Park or Super Mario Bros in theaters... Haha.. glad I chose the former. I'm very grateful to be able to watch and experience this film in 3D. If you haven't seen this in 3D, you're missing out. Well worth the investment! I am so addicted to 3D films now, I don't know if I can enjoy watching well-done 3D films in 2D now.

Foxnovo FP10 10400mAh Power Bank Charger Dual-Port External Battery Charger with Lithium Polymer Ultra-thin Aluminum Alloy for iPhone 6 Plus 6, 5S 5, 4S 4, iPod, iPad ,Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S6 S5 S4 , Most Other Cell Phone and Tablets (Silver)
Offered by Minecarts
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels very high quality - Love the feel/slimness., July 23, 2015
The market is flooded with tons of power banks these days and pricing is also very competitive. I happen to own many of them (can't have too much power!), so these are some things that I look out for in a good power bank:

1. Aesthetics - It needs to look good! Look/feel definitely stand out on this one. Size/portability is also a factor. Now, bigger the capacity, the fatter and heavier the chargers usually are; that's just the nature of it. However, considering this is rated over 10,000mAh, the size is on the slimmer side. I own some other power banks with less capacity that is bulkier!

The material feels very high quality metallic - it does not feel cheap at all. It really does feel and have like a "spaceship" feeling. However, I can see this getting scratched easily if you have it near sharp objects. Thankfully, it does come with a nice cloth case, so you'll want to keep it in there when transporting.

2. Features - It's nice that it has 2 USB ports; one is 2.1A and the other is standard 1A. However, there are no fancy flash lights on this unit.

There is just one single on/off button - connecting a USB to a device does not automatically start charging - you must press the button first. However, it's not a real on/off button where pressing the button again would cut off the power; this would be convenient when connecting USB lights/fans to toggle it on/off.

There are 4 nice faint (not too bright) looking blue LED lights to indicate power levels

It came with a multi-squid looking USB cord... Although this is somewhat convenient, it can also get in the way. I wish it also came with a regular single cable... personally, I rather have one single cable. I'm not sure if I got a defected one but the USB 3.0 plug on mine does not fit properly.

I'm able to charge my Samsung Galaxy phone about 3 times. It does a really good fast charging job. I'd like to see this in the same smooth metallic material in a black version!

Anker and Ravpower are very well known in the powerbank market, but this one is definitely one to consider too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20