Profile for Kiyo M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 301

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kiyo M. RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Woolite Advanced Stain & Odor Remover + Sanitize, 1282
Woolite Advanced Stain & Odor Remover + Sanitize, 1282
Price: $10.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning Weapon. Smells pretty good!, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Maybe it's just me, but it smells like when you first walk into Target store. I guess it's just a detergent smell, or maybe Target uses these things too... well, it smells pretty good.

I had some black spots on my carpet that was left from casters on an office chair that I had. I wish I had this before. It removed the stains really well.

Kills 99.9% bacteria... YAY.
It states it removes mud/dirt, fruit juice, and even BLOOD(!!!) for you serial killers.. j/k.

It has a nice grip and twist to on/off.

It contains 0.5% of Hydrogen Peroxide.

On carpet, spray a light even coating until it's wet and you allow it to REMAIN WET for an hour. Don't dry it right away.

Looks like they lowered the price to almost half than when I first saw this listed. I thought it seemed a little expensive at first, but the current price is definitely reasonable now!

RAVPower Deluxe External Battery CHARGER 14000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack for iPhone 5S,5C,5 (Lightning Cable not included), 4S, 4, iPad Air, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini 2, Mini, iPods; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 3 Note 2; Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Nexus 4; HTC One, EVO, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA; Motorola ATRIX, Droid; LG Optimus [Prenium Samsung Batteries, Matte Finish, 2 mobile phone connectors] - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $129.99
6 used & new from $31.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 14000mAh lots of power and Excellent Customer Service, August 14, 2014
I just want to mention Sunvalleytek, I believe they own RAVPower, has excellent customer service and that alone deserves the 5/5 stars from me.

I had previously purchased the 14000mAh several months ago, which actually came with a different set of cables where it included male/female adapters to place onto the cable itself - I personally didn't really like these kind. I like simplicity.

However, I love the new set of cables they are now including: 2 flat short micro usb cables - no tangles! - and a a micro to 30pin (I remember I actually purchased these adapters things alone for like $5 or maybe more! It's great because you can connect this to any micro USB cable and not just be limited to proprietary cable adapters)

My RAVpower charger was giving me a high pitch noise issues when I was charging my phone. I contacted Sunvalleytek and they sent me a brand new one without any hassle! Wow. I have no noise issues with the new one and I was really happy and impressed with the new packaging including the new set of flat cables/apple adapter instead.

It is heavier and slightly bigger than other portable chargers, but that is to be expected considering the capacity of this charger. Recharging can take hours, but since it has a lot of power to begin with, you wouldn't need to be recharging this thing constantly.

I own lots of power adapters, but this is easily my favorite with the amount of power it provides. Years ago, they didn't have these products; I absolutely love having these things because I own many USB devices that could use these on-the-go power; I have a USB fan and USB light that lasts days connected to this thing non-stop!

Pros:
- Sunvalleytek has Excellent customer service. I definitely support companies that stand by their products.
- 14000mAh power! Fully charge your tablet and phone simultaneously
- Love the new cable set included; comes with 2 short flat micro USB cables and micro-to-Apple 30pin adapter!
- Nice blue power level LED indicator
- 2A (perfect for tablets) and 1A out
- Built-in flashlight

If you're traveling or frequently on-the-go, you'll definitely find this device VERY beneficial. I highly recommend this charger and the seller/company, Sunvalleytek.

Kingston Digital HyperX FURY 120GB SSD SATA 3 2.5 Solid State Drive with Adapter (SHFS37A/120G)
Price: $69.15
31 used & new from $66.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another affordable Entry-Level from Kingston..., August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So this is Kingston's "EVEN MORE affordable entry-level line" SSD.

Kingston also has these available:
Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300
Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GB SATA III

Prices have also come down for those models, that you might as well get the HyperX 3K (even though it's been out for 2 years). It uses the same SandForce 2281 controller.

It's really going to come down to pricing. Obviously if you're upgrading from a hard drive to SSD, the difference is going to be significant no matter which one you choose. Kingston SSDs are a good entry-level line of SSDs.

You'd only be looking at this SSD if you just want to get started and just need a backup or basic. But if you're looking to really maximize SSD performance or reliability, you would be looking at Sandisk, Samsung, Crucial and ones with Marvell controller. (Of course all manufacturers are prone to failure.) Just keep in mind, this is entry level and anyone upgrading from a hard drive to SSD will be blown away.

Speaking from experience, if you're going to use 120GB as a main OS, you'll definitely be running out of space fast.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2014 5:49 PM PDT

Epson WorkForce WF-7620 Wireless and WiFi Direct, All-in-One Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CC97201)
Price: $199.99
23 used & new from $166.31

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a MONSTER - HUGE - All-in-One printer., August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I own the Epson WorkForce 840 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer as well and have been using it as my main printer. I imagined it would be a similar size, but I was surprised how big it was compared to it.

The color LCD screen is much nicer, but the entire menu area cannot be tilted or be pushed inside to look more flush like on the EPSON 840; since I've gotten used to this, it feels a little odd that it would be sticking out all the time.

Be careful if you own more than one wireless EPSON printer when printing test pages; when I first set this printer up wirelessly and kept pressing Test Page multiple times, nothing came out and I thought it was odd. I later printed out a webpage and that came out fine. When I later went to my room with the EPSON 840 printer, I had like over 20 print test pages on the floor!! I'm not sure why it sent out test pages on my EPSON 840, when I was setting up for this printer (WF-7620).

Printing was fast. It does the job for photos, but obviously with just 4 ink cartridges, this isn't the answer for major professional photo jobs.

For a fast All-In-One printer, the price is very affordable and competitive. The biggest downside for me is just the massive size. Make sure you have enough space for it because it's pretty big. (The WorkForce 840 is smaller and more reasonable size)

InterDesign York Lyra Chalkboard Mail Center, Bronze
InterDesign York Lyra Chalkboard Mail Center, Bronze
Price: $24.32

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok! Feels like going to school..., August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's okay. Nothing mind blowing, but I love being organized. It's not very modern or fancy looking - very grade school look.

When I received it, the chalk board actually came off the frame and it seems to just simply be glued on there. You don't really have to use the chalkboard, I mean... you can put sticky notes on there.

The chalkboard and the steel frame makes it heavy.

Pros:
- Key holder is a great touch
- Includes chalk

Cons:
- Must drill holes on the wall
- Need a chalk placement

Universal Smartphone Holder and Flexible Mini Tripod for iPhone 5 iPhone 5C 5S Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Galaxy Note 3 Nexus 5
Price: $18.18
7 used & new from $17.50

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a Gorillapod... or Not..., August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So it's basically a Gorillapod, but the feet has a soft foam coating on them - it's feels and gets a better grip than the Gorillapods and it can hold your phone or camera.

I also have Arkon Windshield or Dashboard Sticky Suction Car Mount and the holder is the same exact part. Personally, I'm not a fan of these clamp type holders because it really crushes the sides; I have a Samsung Note 3 with S-View cover, and I don't want it the holder to damage of the sides. If you use your phone without a case then you're probably fine.

It's nice that it has a quick release, but I'm also not a fan of the lock lever/screw design as it looks and feels rather cheap; it hurts to turn.

Pros:
- Phone holder and Camera holder (2-in-1)
- Gorillapod style, but with better foam coating grip.

Cons:
- Very tight clamp style
- Quick release plastic screw looks/feels cheap; would have loved a better grip on the screw end

Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT256MX100SSD1
Price: $112.99
39 used & new from $110.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaces the M500 with better pricing. Includes Acronis software too!, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are upgrading from a hard drive to the SSD, the difference will be night and day no matter what brand you choose. Personally, SanDisk, Samsung, Toshiba, and Crucial are great place to look for SSD. Pricing will definitely be a main factor when buying one, especially if the performance difference is minimal; it's pretty ridiculous how cheap and affordable SSDs have started to come down.

The MX100 is Crucial's recent line of release, replacing the M500 model, at an even more affordable, competitive pricing.

Not to mention, it also includes Acronis True Image 2014 software! It really is a steal when you're getting that for free and factoring the price of that too.

After you look at pricing, reliability is also a factor. Crucial uses Marvell controller, which is known to be more reliable. (I've had shaky experience with my OCZ Vertex SSD)

If you're looking for all around value and performance/reliability, you can't go wrong with Crucial. I paid a lot more for Crucial's M4 128GB when it was first released.

Pros:
- Very competitive pricing!
- Greater reliability
- Uses the smallest process node (16nm NAND)
- Comes with Acronis True Image 2014 software!
- 2.5" 7mm (also includes 9.5mm spacer)

JBL Voyager Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Black)
JBL Voyager Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Black)
Price: $249.95
9 used & new from $148.28

5.0 out of 5 stars It's different! Is it a spaceship?! Sexy and innovative. Sounds great, July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I've owned many portable style speakers, this one really caught my attention and got me excited! It's different and refreshing. It feels like it came from space... It just has this really Astro feeling to it - voyage to space!

It's a 2-in-1 speaker experience, where you can dock this disc-shape smaller speaker on the subwoofer; unless you own this, your guests would think it's just one whole speaker. It's a very cool, nice seamless design.

While the disc is truly wireless and portable, being able to carry it in your hands, the subwoofer/dock is unfortunately needs to be powered by an outlet. You obviously get way more bass when it is docked in the subwoofer. The disc-speaker still sounds good; great for listening to it in bed.

Pros:
- Nice style! This is something that would look great displaying. Sexy in both black and white! If you have an Apple setup, the white ones look like it would go perfectly. I got the black one and it looks really nice. The subtle LED charge indicator goes really well
- More bass and full sound when docked in subwoofer/easily dock and remove just by pushing on the side/disc-shape speaker for portability
- Great sound and doesn't take up much space. (again, disc separates for more portability)
- USB/Auxiliary
- Phone function as well.

Cons:
- The subwoofer must be powered to an outlet. Would be nice if the subwoofer had a rechargeable battery inside too, where in case you want that
full sound when listening outside or when you're not near in outlet. (not a major con, since you can still separate the disc for portability)
- I got the the black one, but the power cable that goes to the subwoofer is white. (minor nitpicking)

JBL really knows how to design hardware and sound. If you're looking for bluetooth speakers, you can't go wrong with these JBL Voyager. This will make a great gift to impress!

Satechi Universal Smartphone CD Slot Mount for 3.5" - 5.5" Smartphones for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, Note, Note 2, Nexus S, HTC One X, S, Motorola Droid Razr HD, Maxx, Nokia Lumia 920, LG Optimus G
Offered by Satechi
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $16.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Satechi 5" - 11" - So many clones of this design! Disappointed, July 16, 2014
This review is for the 5" - 11" mount, for larger tablets, from Satechi

As of this writing, for some reason, they seem to have removed the product and I only see the 3.5" - 5.5" model now. (Maybe due to complaints, they removed it completely?)

I really wanted something that could hold my Nexus 10 tablet on my CD slot; it's just the only ideal place for a tablet that big of a size to be at, where it won't cause unnecessary attention to other drivers and within perfect reach. Believe me, I've looked at a lot of mounts including the ones where you could mount on the seat rail (But those do not seem stable at all)

I owned the Mountek nGroove and besides the mount looking ugly, it held up my Nexus 7 well. However, I needed a CD mount holder that supported large tablet sizes.

The Satechi looked like it would be my answer...

When I first tried it in my car, I was really excited and loved it in the beginning. I thought it was the coolest thing ever making driving way more enjoyable... I do love having a large tablet in my car and view maps easily (totally kills GPS companies now! Wonder how they're going to stay in business now), but then this mount can also give me a lot of frustrations...

People get excited over a new product and naturally give it a high rating right away, but I have to honestly say, after owning this for about 2 months now, I'm NOT impressed with it.

The quality is cheap. Don't get me wrong, the idea is great, but the quality of parts on this thing is POOR. I really wish there will be a company that will make these thing with higher quality material and even nicer looking design mount.

The Nexus 10 is rather heavy and it definitely needs a solid heavy duty mount to support it. This mount is just all plastic.

First of all, the way it's supposed to lock and support into the CD mount is horrible. I'm using the largest pad that came with to try to support in my CD mount, but I can tell it's just not secure enough and occasionally can fall out. The locking screw mechanism on the Mountek, although ugly, is definitely much more secure. There really is no real lock support on this thing.

Also, the screw on the back is really really cheap. I'm not sure if I received a faulty one or the screws got stripped, but I tried screwing it in as much as I could but it won't; it's nice that there is height adjustment on this, but since that locking screw is cheaply made as well that my tablet occasionally keeps sliding down, even if I don't want it to.

I also couldn't tell which orientation was correct to put this into the CD mount because it actually works both ways. Actually for me, the supposedly correct orientation didn't work too well for me as it put more weight at the top - going back to the securing mechanism being absolutely horrible, it would fall out. For me, putting it upside down or opposite held it better for me.

It actually makes more sense to push down the tablet onto the mount to fit it in (only one side has a spring to expand and hold the tablet). However, if you face the Satechi logo in the correct orientation, the spring holder will end up on the top side; so you would have to raise the spring yourself to put the tablet in. It's just bad design.

Ok, so what's the deal with this design? It seems to be a generic mass produced design from China and everyone is just slapping their manufacture name on it? Is there no patent on it or what is going on? There are so many copycats.

GreatShield DISCTAB Compact Disc CD Slot Universal Car Mount Holder for Tablets and GPS Devices
Ppyple Universal Car CD Slot Mount for Tablet PC including iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" and more (Screen size 6.5" - 8.9"). (Only supports 8.9", so I did not get this one)

They are nearly identical!

I just recently noticed this product that wasn't available at the time I purchased this; I'm thinking of trying the HugeTEKK® Universal CD Slot Car Mount for Cell Phones and Tablets because the locking mechanism looks to be the same as the one from Mountek with the screw knob to really tighten and secure.

I'm still looking for the best CD holder solution for large tablets. This mount definitely is not it.

Cons:
- Cheap plastic parts
- Horrible locking mechanism to put in the CD holder - it basically just "rests" in there - NOT a real secure locking!
- The knob on the back of the mount does not screw all the way properly to lock the height adjustment
- Disappointing to support large 10" tablet

Canon Battery Pack LP-E6
Canon Battery Pack LP-E6
Price: $59.00
32 used & new from $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars How to spot COUNTERFEIT FAKE from GENUINE, July 11, 2014
Length:: 2:39 Mins

Please watch my video on how to tell from a genuine and fake Canon LP-E6 battery.

Here's what to look out for and be extra cautious about:

1. The packaging SHOULD BE GLUED and SEALED. You're definitely going to have to RIP IT OPEN! If it slides out easily and you can put it back in and be none the wiser, it is a MAJOR RED FLAG.

2. Check the Hologram. The Genuine Canon Hologram, when viewing from different angles, should have a big CANON in the center, while tiny prints of the word "Canon" and "Genuine" can distinctly be seen individually depending on the angle. The COUNTERFEIT version just looks more FLAT and the "Canon" and "Genuine" words do not distinctly show on its own.

If you watch my video, you'll definitely see the difference and get a better picture. It is a dead giveaway. Canon's website even has a simulated image of the genuine Hologram and it should look exactly like that.

3. There should be an instruction MANUAL (yes even for a battery) [watch my video] INCLUDED in the package. If you didn't get one, that's another sign of counterfeit.

4. Check the battery code. You can access your camera's menu and select "Battery Info" and press your info button, you should see the battery's unique code. If you see just a 7-digit code and especially the numbers "bca8a8d" then it is definitely a red flag. Each battery should have a unique ID, but since fake ones are simply cloned, you would end up with something like that. Oddly, I also bought an Energizer brand of LP-E6 battery from Staples and the ID was bca8a8d, which was also shocking to me. It should usually be 8 digits. (If it's not, check for other signs that I've written)

Some other observations:
- The date stamp font on the genuine one is smaller than on the counterfeit one
- On the back of the packaging, my counterfeit one says "3347B001[AA]", whereas my genuine version packaging says 3347B001[BA]
- Ironically, the counterfeit versions says on the back of the packaging "Canon Inc. Made in Japan" (although on the fake battery itself, it says Made in China), whereas the genuine one says "Canon INC. Made in China" on both the packaging and battery.
- On the back of the packaging for the counterfeit one, where it says "Recycle" and has the number "1.800.822.8837" the font is inconsistent where some numbers and letters are bolder than the rest.
- On the front plastic part of the packaging, it says "PET" in the middle of the bottom; it should be a thin font, but the counterfeit one looks really big and ugly.

This battery is heavily being counterfeited everywhere. Be sure you are buying from an authorized dealer. Even if you are ordering from Amazon, there are also third party Marketplace sellers, so MAKE SURE it states "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"

Counterfeit versions are becoming more and more similar that it's going to require careful attention to spot them other than just obvious misspellings; I've seen the fake LP-E6 batteries where RECYCLE is mispelled as RECYDLE with a "D". However, other counterfeits aren't so obvious right away. I'm very critical about little details, but I would not have been 100% positive if I received a real or fake one if it wasn't for the battery code -- and then later ordering the real thing from Amazon and comparing the packaging and everything side by side. I'm sure there are hundreds of people out there receiving and using counterfeit battery and not even know it. Again, to be safe, you should always buy from a reputable company.

Any seller can still claim and sell the item to be genuine, especially with these counterfeit versions looking so similar to the real thing down to the packaging, but you're definitely taking chances.

If the price is too good to be true, it probably is; you should be extra careful.

If you have this knowledge now, you know what to look out for. Canon grips are also being counterfeited (I've had bad experience with that too!), so just always remember, you get what you pay for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20