Profile for Kiyo M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 312

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kiyo M. RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
★Jumbo Car Sunshade for Windshield★ Keep Your Car or SUV Cool & Free of Sun Damage ● 100% Money Back Guaranteed Protection for Your Vehicle ● Flexes to Fit Almost Any Windshield ● Lightweight ● Easy to Use ● Easy to Store ● Fabrics Edges Measurement: 62.99" x 33.86"
Offered by BOLD Ventures, INC
Price: $14.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the best one out there. Can't go wrong with this 'Solar Eclipse' sunshade!, September 20, 2014
With the recent high increase in temperature here in California reaching 100+ degrees, I just had to have a sunshade for my car, especially since I park outside a lot. It really makes a HUGE difference.

There's many different car sunshades out there that it can be difficult to choose from, especially since they all look very similar (not to mention these long ugly product titles describing their product so that their product would show up on the search result better). I'm glad I stumbled upon this one, even though it wasn't my first purchase.

The first sunshade I purchased was this one (from LIF-Products), which was only 59 x 27.56 inches. The circular part was too small that it made it difficult to hold it against the visor and it looked pretty puny, looking at it from the outside. My initial reaction when using that one wasn't wanting to return it immediately, but I later felt I knew a bigger size would be much much better -- and it was.

This sunshade not only easily gets held up by the visor because of the large circular part, but it also looks fantastic from the outside as it really fills up the entire windshield. I just drive a standard 4-door sedan - not a crazy monster truck or anything.

Pros:
- Large size - covers/fits easily/held against visor/looks great from the outside as it fills up the entire windshield
- Reduces temperature of your car A LOT
- Love the "Solar Eclipse" name and bag (I don't like other ones with just the company name/website plastered on there or other funky names.. Solar Eclipse just sounds cool and looks good)
- Just twist to easily store to compact size.
- Great price compared to others

Seeing so many recent 5 star reviews may seem fishy, but after purchasing this myself and trying out a different sunshade, I, too, can vouch for this product. Your car sunshade searching days are over with this "Solar Eclipse" sunshade... you can't go wrong with the price either.

Sunshades For Car -Shields Car Inside From UV Sun Rays - Convenient & Easy To Use - Pop Up Style High Quality UV Protector - Folding & Retractable Sun visor - 100% Money Back Guarantee! 59 x 27.56 inch (150x70CM), Silver/black
Offered by LIF-Products
Price: $18.00
2 used & new from $14.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small. Decided to go with a different one..., September 20, 2014
The weather here in California has been insanely hot reaching 100 degrees daily. I park my car outside a lot, so I have no idea why I didn't buy a sunshade for my car sooner, since it makes a huge difference.

There's a lot of sunshades to choose from that it really came down to pricing and design for me. I went with this one because it looked like it had many recent purchase positive reviews, possibly real or fake, but mainly the price was what attracted me along with it.

Most other sunshades I viewed were at least 60" x 30" or greater. I never used any sunshades before, so I had no idea of the sizes.

This one is 59 x 27.56 inches. I didn't think I would need a gigantic one, or "Jumbo size", that would be cumbersome to fold up or place either, so I thought this would be okay...

However, the circular part is just too small on this one (it should be big enough so that it can reach/be held up by the visors). It still works, but I knew if it were bigger, it would fit better easily and not worry about it falling down.

I later stumbled upon and ordered the Solar Eclipse Sunshade, since it was the same price, which measures 62.99" x 33.86". It was a MUCH better choice; it fits much securely and the circular bouncing part is much bigger and looks better looking at it from outside - not puny looking from the outside like this sunshade. I also like the name "Solar Eclipse". I totally recommend that one over this.

I drive a standard 4-door sedan; not a monster truck or anything crazy. Unless you drive a small car/small window and most that you've already tried are too large for you, I would avoid this one.

TP-LINK TL-PB10400 10400mAh Dual-Port Ultra External Battery Portable USB Charger Power Bank, Fast Charging, High Capacity, Compatible with iOS and Android Devices, One Micro USB Cable, Practical Flashlight
Offered by Network Giant
Price: $49.99
26 used & new from $45.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Product. Looks nice. Feels. nice. Compact, yet lots of power. Charges PS Vita too!, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I own many many of these portable powerbank and there's tons of different capacity/designs out there in the market today. I can tell right away that this is a quality product.

From the packaging, the design, feel, including the micro-USB cable that comes in the package -- everything feels solid and excellent quality. You can tell when they use low grade plastic and it just looks and smells like a cheap China product... this is not one of them; although this is made from China, like most things, I can tell this is a higher grade quality coming from there like the Apple products. It actually feels like it would go well with a Mac environment.

I really like the baby blue and white color scheme, and the other end with the USB ports have like a diamond-shape plastic surface that adds more pizzazz than generic looking.

At 10400mah this is great for recharging large tablets and your smartphones with 2 and 1Amps ports.

Some powerbanks require you to press the power switch on to send full power to your devices (which is sometimes good depending on what you're connecting; like a USB light with no switches, when you want to toggle on/of without having to disconnect it. However, it can also be a nuisance when you realize you connected the cable, yet it didn't charge at all because you forgot to press the button); this power bank automatically sends power without having to press anything. The button on the device is just for checking battery level (it will show by green LED lights - 4 lights indicates full charge) and for turning on the flashlight (you must hold the button for awhile to turn on the flashlight)

The flashlight isn't as bright as RAVPower's Luster Mini lipstick-like charger, but it does the job.

You can see how much it is charging when each light turns solid.

On the side of the dual USB ports has a micro USB port for charging this device itself.

This product is perfect for connecting TWO ARCTIC Breeze Mobile USB-Powered Fan as the design of this powerbank lets you have a nice handle too - with the capacity, you'll have nice a breeze for HOURS!!!

I also love that this charger is capable of charging my Sony PS Vita (the design also goes well with my White PS Vita!). The PS Vita is really picky of taking power from most powerbanks, but this one has no problems.

Recharging the device can take several hours from depletion due to the high capacity.

Overall, this is a solid charger from the design, build quality, and the amount of power capacity it holds while maintaining an elegant, compact design. This is a high quality charger.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Titanium Bronze)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Titanium Bronze)
Price: Click here to see our price
37 used & new from $414.51

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS Screen. Super AMOLED. No competition. That alone will make you buy this too., September 12, 2014
I already own an Nexus 10 and the Nexus 7 (2013), and Samsung Galaxy Note 3, but when I walked into a store and saw this beauty, I just HAD to have it immediately!

I saw this at Best Buy display and the screen just made me drool. It was INSTANT love.

As much as I love Amazon way more, I had to buy it there because they do not offer the 32GB model anywhere else, as that one is a Best Buy Exclusive only. The system storage uses at least 6GB already, you'll only be left with 10 GB or so with the 16GB model; and Android KitKat has some annoying issues with not being able to write apps onto external storage.

Samsung has way too many models out there, but I'm glad I waited because the "TAB S" (S must also stand for SUPERIOR!) model is the top-of-the-line LAMBORGHINI of tablets.

It is fast, but the SCREEN is what completely separates this tablet from all other tablets -- it is ABSOLUTELY MINDBLOWING GORGEOUS. All the tablet screens are put to shame compared to the Galaxy Tab S.

The Galaxy Note models may have an S-Pen (my Note 3 phone has it), but I will trade that pen ANY DAY to keep this GORGEOUS screen. It blows all other tablets away. Anyone with good eyes seeing the display of this screen will be extremely impressed and be envious. iPad's "RETINA" display? Puh-lease!!! That is child's play.

You can see the pixels and fine detail and the CONTRAST and DEEP BLACKS are stunning. Yes, the blacks are truly black and the colors SERIOUSLY pop. I'm sure you've heard people say that about other LED HDTV or monitors, but this is a whole new level -- when I say the colors really pop and the blacks are super black on this, this is the REAL deal.

If I had to knit-pick, I would say there isn't much holding area sides, so you may end up touching the display when you don't intend on it (My Nexus 10 has much more holding area); then again, it makes the screen look bigger and keeping the look slim and sexy. Also, it is just a micro-USB port; not USB 3 like the Samsung Note 3.

Don't forget to remove the ugly, distracting white serial number sticker on the back of the Tab S; it almost looks like it shouldn't be removed (I actually wasn't sure myself and kept it on for awhile because I thought that was the only way to identify the model), but it's actually stuck on there so that you can peel it off easily, starting from the right side. The serial number is written on the bottom of the tablet, anyway.

I also recommend getting the Samsung S Action Bluetooth Mouse along with this for more productivity!

I own a Samsung Note 3 phone, so I was already familiar with the multi-window feature; however, it is more useful on this with a bigger, gorgeous screen and I can see myself using it more with this device. Google Maps also looks fantastic as the colors and font is much easier to read and distinguish - I love using this tablet in my car as a navigation! It totally blows away all those expensive cars with built-in navigations.

I am so happy this has a microSD port - with 64 and 128GB microSD cards available now, you can carry A LOT of videos and view them anytime on this GORGEOUS screen. Did I mention how gorgeous the screen on this device is?

This is the ULTIMATE tablet if you're currently looking for the best. Hands down the best screen out there - no competition. Best tablet for viewing videos/games. This is the BEST tablet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2014 4:16 PM PDT

Samsung S Action Bluetooth Mouse for Android & Windows PCs / Tablets - Black
Samsung S Action Bluetooth Mouse for Android & Windows PCs / Tablets - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory with the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S!, September 11, 2014
I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, so I decided to give this mouse a try, especially with the sale price. I know mouse usually isn't necessary for a tablet, but I'm absolutely GLAD and have NO REGRETS of buying this.

Having this mouse actually makes using the tablet way more productive!

- Pressing the button the on the left side will immediately bring up the RECENT APPs window
- Pressing the center scroll wheel will take you right to your HOME screen. You can use the scroll wheel to scroll between your home screens.
- Right clicking on the mouse functions as the BACK function
- HOLDING on the right click will bring up the MULTI-window function.

- The Blue Trace feature allows this to work nicely on any surface.
- The mouse has the similar faux leather plastic on the side like on the back of the Galaxy Notes.
- The mouse is small/notebook size, so if you have big hands and like large mice, it may not be for you.

Overall, I think the mouse looks quite sexy and nice. I use this mouse in my car and it makes navigating much faster than reaching out with my fingers, especially with those shortcut buttons.

It looks like the price lowered on this without any sale. For the current price, it's DEFINITELY worth it. Bluetooth mouse without having to stick any dongles and the quality/feature at this price is fantastic. I own a lot of mice and I'm very happy with this.

Mpow® Streambot One Bluetooth 4.0 Hands-Free Car Kit / Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver for Car Stereo Supports Voice Control, AptX, with 3.5 mm Aux Input Jack, Dual Port USB Car Charger and Magnetic Base for Apple iPhone 6, 6 Plus 5 5S 5C 4S 4, iPad 4 3 2, iPod, BlackBerry, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 and other Android Smartphones
Offered by Patozon
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mpow vs Kinivo - Connect to 2 Bluetooth devices - but no overlapping sounds., September 11, 2014
Before I purchased this Mpow, I already owned the Kinivo BTC450 in my car. However, I always wanted and NEEDED to connect to TWO devices at once. The Kinivo BTC450 could only sync with one device; Kinivo released a new model, the BTC455, that is capable of connecting to two Bluetooth devices at once, but that one was out of stock... I would have purchased that if that was available, but it looks like they are not stocking that anytime soon... that's when I stumbled across this Mpow.

This Mpow is also capable of connecting to TWO Bluetooth devices at once. (Once you SYNC with one Bluetooth device with this, Disable entire Bluetooth on that device. Then the Mpow will go into search mode again and you can sync with another Bluetooth device; you can then ENABLE the Bluetooth on the first device and you'll be connected to both simultaneously.)

Connecting to two Bluetooth devices at once was the biggest selling point for me because I have two tablets (Samsung Galaxy Tab S and Nexus 7) in my car that I want to hear through my AUX without the hassle of syncing one by one.

Here's what I observed with connecting to two Bluetooth devices at once:

If you play music on one device and then start playing music on a second device, you will NOT hear both music playing over each other. It's one audio source at a time. So in that example, when you STOP playing music on the first device, it will then switch over to the audio on the SECOND device playing.

Whatever audio that is playing first takes priority. It's not immediate switching; it takes, about a second or two to switch - but that's tolerable than having to disconnect/sync just to get audio from a second device. Whatever priority audio is playing on the device is what the Pause/Skip Track buttons will work with.

You will not be able to have navigation audio running on one device and music playing on another device simultaneously. I wish it was smart enough to cut off/pause the audio on one source when a new audio source comes in on a second device, but unfortunately, it's not capable of being that smart.

Mpow vs Kinivo:

- The Mpow's main button is much smaller than the Kinivo
- The Mpow has a cheaper plastic build feel to it, it's slippery, whereas the Kinivo has a nicer rubber texture
- The Mpow can be powered via USB, which is much better (includes dual USB car power) and can be used for home-use too (as long as you have a constant USB power to it), whereas the Kinivo's power is already hard-wired with a car power socket car power socket with just a single USB port.
- The Mpow is magnet based, like the Belkin version, where you just put the sticky base anywhere and you can remove it from that position. The Kinivo comes with a spare sticky; the Mpow does not.
- The Mpow's 3.5mm is straight, whereas the Kinivo is right-angled.
- Mpow allows you to increase/decrease volume by holding on to the skip/previous buttons. There is no volume options for Kinivo.
- Both connect automatically when you start your vehicle.
- Both have a Play/Pause button, Skip Back/Forward button.

Overall, I like the size and build quality of the Kinivo, but if you're looking for a better features, the Mpow is a clear winner. I like it is more compact size to stick on your car/easily remove from that position (magnet), and convenience of simply USB powered.

I did not experience any sound quality issues with either of them. They both sound fantastic - it's all going to depend on your car stereo system.

Although it's not able to simultaneously send two audio signals and overlap audio at the same time (what I was kind of hoping for), I'm still really happy being able to have two bluetooth devices connected.

Please Mpow or Kinivo, please make a new model that allows 3 bluetooth devices at once!! or even better, having no limit!

This device has made my old car futuristic and up-to-date.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2014 3:07 AM PDT

Ambient Weather WR-112 Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio, Flashlight, Smart Phone Charger with Weather Alert, Siren
Offered by Ambient Weather
Price: $39.99
4 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Radio with Emergency features, September 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was smaller than I imagined, which is a good thing. You can easily keep it in your car glove compartment or bag. The body has a cheap plastic build feel (the red part is what makes it seem cheap and should have had the same rubber texture for better build quality feel), but the weight on it somewhat counteracts that.

Pros:
- Compact
- AM/FM Radio with NOAA Weather
- Headphone jack (connected my headphones to the radio and it sounds great! - much better than listening through its cheap speakers)
- Holding the flashlight button will enable a loud annoying warning emergency siren that will definitely get some attention.
- Power outage light flasher beacon mode (If you have it charging and unplug it, it will start flashing)
- Good flashlight with 3 LEDS
- Weather alert mode

Cons:
- No battery level indicator
- No backlight on the buttons, so when in complete darkness, very difficult to tell where/what the buttons do - even when you turn on the flashlight or the screen backlight is on.
- Not waterproof

The battery inside is a 3.7V 800mAh lithium ion battery (LIR123A)

Thankfully, you can hold the Tuner +- to scan radio stations because pressing it once will just go by one increment which can be a pain.

You must hold the power button for 3 seconds to enable phone charging mode.

Keep in mind, charging your phone with this thing is for emergency purposes only - it's not going to fully charge your phone (800mAh is little). It is a last resort feature; that goes the same with the crank.

It is better to invest on a spare battery than relying on the crank. If you're new to hand cranking like me, don't make the mistake of thinking cranking as fast as you can and for a long time will make it charge faster. Don't do that. Hand cranking must be done at 2 rotational cranks per second for 2 minutes only. You have to wait 2 minutes again and repeat.

Overall, I'm not blown away by this but I'm not disappointed either. I recently have a weird hobby of owning survival gears, so this makes a great addition. If you want a small portable radio while having "emergency" capabilities that you can throw in your bag or keep in car/next to your bed, give this radio a try. I believe it should be priced a little lower, though.

Goal Zero 42011 Sherpa 100 Solar Recharging Kit
Goal Zero 42011 Sherpa 100 Solar Recharging Kit
Price: $599.95
4 used & new from $470.00

5.0 out of 5 stars POWER HOUSE! Ready for daily use, emergencies, camping, zombie apocalypse..., September 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One word to describe this product? AWESOME.

This is a device that will make anyone envious when they see it. I am extremely grateful and fortunate to own this!

For any tech/gadget lover, for camping, or just having portable power versatility on the go, this product is VERY handy to have! This thing is just really really cool.

I own LOTS of those much cheaper USB power banks, but this powering device is the real deal.

You can charge anything that takes USB, charge your laptop, and even includes handy AC inverter/standard plug.

When powered on, the LED lights look very cool and high-tech (the USB ports light up BLUE - the Laptop port lights up ORANGE) and the plug only fits certain ports so there should be no mix ups.

Pros:
- Have POWER anywhere!! Not be confined to an outlet anymore.
- Charge your laptop easily with the included tips VERY CONVENIENT! Love having spare backup battery for my laptop on the go! It charged both my ASUS laptops fine with the "5.5 tip". (you don't want to lose the manual because the plugs just have numbers on them; you have to refer to the guide to see which number goes with which manufacture)
- 2 USB ports (provides 2.1A! - Excellent for charging tablets/smartphones FAST! the USB ports have to be lit blue to be sending power)
- Battery Level Display
- Flashlight
- Inverter included
- 12v Car Adapter (green) included for using cigarette car devices without your car!
- Includes Solar Power charging (Nomad 20) for recharging this device (Sherpa 100)and the Nomad itself can send power via USB too.
- Fully recharges in about 3 hours with the included AC
- Easy to carry (Solar Power/Nomad20 folds up nicely, cables labeled nicely, good storage space)

Cons:
- This kit is ALMOST complete... wish they included a car adapter for the INPUT (blue); the Solar Power (Nomad 20) includes a car adapter, but I would have found it more useful to have a cable for the Sherpa 100.
- No laptop cable included for Macs (You must use the AC inverter)
- Pretty steep price, but then again you have a portable power house/solar power which will add a lot of conveniences for many appliances. The benefits are huge too.
- Lots of separate user guides (being picky, I just like having one clean manual with more detailed information)

If you own a laptop or tablet/smartphone, any devices that take standard plugs, this is a must-have handy device! I'm really grateful for having this now; I can finally vacuum my car easily now, anywhere I am, without having to use extension cords or be stuck near an outlet! I can use the 12v Car adapter and use an Tire Air Compressor without having to turn on my car engine. Very very useful and cool looking product! Despite some minor issues, I give it a 5/5 because I really love this product and the versatility and benefits are worth its price.

This is a product that will get A LOT of use and not just end up sitting in a closet. It will make a great gift for anyone needing power. (and with technology/tablets/laptops these days, who doesn't?)

Antec Advance Accent Lighting Blue USB-powered 6 LED Strip of 51-Inch Cable Length
Price: $11.98
17 used & new from $7.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice lights, but EXTREMELY POOR Stick Adhesive., September 3, 2014
Just like all the other reviews mention, the adhesive on this is HORRENDOUS! Why couldn't they use a stronger adhesive? Regular double sided tape sticks better than the ones they use on these. It's such a shame...

Despite the poor adhesive, I went kind of overboard and ended up buying a total of 8 of these ($100 for just glowing lights was a bit too much, though!).

I'm actually NOT using these for a computer case.

A lot of things including my car has blue LED, so these lights were a perfect addition. What attracted me the most was how these can easily be powered via USB. At this day and age, there's tons of high capacity power banks available that connecting these to one makes everything VERY convenient (I guess if you're a raver, sci-fi cosplayer, or just simply want attention at a party, you can even wear it like a necklace, or wherever on yourself, and just have a small power bank in your pocket!).

I put a small power bank underneath my DXRACER chair and put two of these lights on it, which makes it look pretty cool (I'll try to upload a picture/video later) at night.
I also put one behind my TV; Most HDTVs should have a USB port - even if it's not a SmartTV for media drives, it usually has a USB port for "Service Use Only") I attached mine on there so every time I turn on my TV, I get a nice blue backlight that goes against the wall and it adds more pizzazz (it also turns off when I turn the TV off)

I put some on top of my cabinets for some nice lighting display too. I also used a power bank again and put some underneath my car seats too.

Overall, I wish it cost cheaper and the used a stronger adhesive. For the price, I wish it had another switch to be able to do a pulsing glow too - that would have been cool!

Pros:
- 6 Nice BRIGHT blue LED lights.
- On/Off Switch
- USB powered (very versatile - you can power this anywhere... TV, portable power banks!)

Cons:
- the WORST "adhesive" ever. DOES NOT STICK.
- A bit expensive for what you get

Zensah Tech+ Compression Socks, Black, Medium
Zensah Tech+ Compression Socks, Black, Medium
Price: $48.67
3 used & new from $48.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Power Socks! Ready for the Marathon, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having these on really feel like cheating. It's definitely an advantage! Performance enhancing drugs? No. They're socks! It really makes a difference and is no gimmick. I also tried kinesiology tapes on my legs, but these socks are way better!

This is the first time I've ever tried something like this on. When I first saw this I really didn't think much about them or was that excited... well, after trying them, I am sold!

When I put these on, I feel like I can run a marathon or any other intense activity. I'm serious! It feels like I got some super robotic legs; it makes me feel like I can keep going.

I have to stand and move around for hours during work; I've tried these on and I felt I could keep going forever and run. I'll definitely be wearing this all the time now!

If your feet is sweating, it can be a little difficult to slide these socks in, since they will be super tight. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry and wear normal socks, I wear them the wrong way; with these socks, they label Left and Right and you will also know which side is the correct way. I really like that.

Also my toes don't feel restricted like regular socks and feels way more comfortable.

I'm surprised I ended up really loving these socks. I really hope they last. I highly recommend! I will definitely wear this next time I play basketball.

These socks rocks! (Sorry, I had to say it!)

Update: I just wore these playing full court basketball; my legs usually cramp up but wearing these really made a huge difference! I didn't cramp up! It's definitely worth it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20