Profile for nom de plume > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nom de plume RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7TE1T0BW)
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7TE1T0BW)
Offered by Warehouse Deals 4 Less
Price: Click here to see our price
37 used & new from $380.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice SSD, December 23, 2014
This has been a great improvement over the disk drive I had. Be sure to use the included Samsung Magician program, to help ensure that your Windows is optimized for it and you get the full benefit. The prices have been coming down and the market has become more crowded with choices. The Samsung SSD is a good value, even if it may not be the all-out fastest, or the least expensive.

Anker® 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy, Nexus, HTC, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $49.99
13 used & new from $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Raspberry Pi and similar SoC, December 23, 2014
Many of these small SoC-based computers, while otherwise being low power, need 2A so they can support a keyboard, and other not so efficient devices, on their built-in USB ports. The presence of various European safety standards approvals gives me some confidence this is not an ultra-cheaply made device that might not handle the designed 2A, or possibly be unsafe. Kudos to Anker for notifying me of a free upgrade to an improved version that automatically resets if there is a overload, instead of permanently blowing its fuse.

PowerGen® Black 2.4-Amp (12 Watt) Dual USB Wall Charger w/flip down Plug Designed for Apple and Android Devices
Offered by POWERGEN

Offered by Green Life store
Price: $0.69
8 used & new from $0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars diamond dust is a game changer, December 23, 2014
Very good. The use of diamond dust is a dramatic improvement in gripping power. Surprisingly little pressure is required to get an effective grip. I would never buy regular tweezers again.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, Certified Refurbished
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, Certified Refurbished
Price: $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice upgrade from the original, December 23, 2014
I had the original Kindle, that I also bought refurbished. The condition is excellent, and doesn't appear to have been used. You can read the many reviews for details, but the back-lighting is good and the touch swipe works well. I followed the built-in new user tutorial to learn the key differences in how it works.

Fintie Kindle Paperwhite SmartShell Case - The Thinnest and Lightest Leather Cover for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (Both 2012 and 2013 Versions with 6" Display and Built-in Light), Navy
Offered by Fintie
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case, December 23, 2014
This is a precisely fit case that has a leather-like feel. It turns the Kindle on when you open it, and off when you close it. The cover folds neatly behind, to get it out of the way when holding in your hands. The Kindle USB and power button remain easily accessible.

Ohisu Blue Foot Basin for Foot Bath, Soak, or Detox
Ohisu Blue Foot Basin for Foot Bath, Soak, or Detox
Offered by Mickies Goods
Price: $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars ... be made of a high quality polypropylene plastic that comfortably fits my 10 1/2 men's feet, December 23, 2014
This seems to be made of a high quality polypropylene plastic that comfortably fits my 10 1/2 men's feet. The handle makes it easy to move it about and fill and dump.

iFi Nano iDSD USB DAC Headphone Amp 24Bit/384kHz iPhone,iPad,Android
iFi Nano iDSD USB DAC Headphone Amp 24Bit/384kHz iPhone,iPad,Android
Offered by Avatar Acoustics
Price: $189.00
30 used & new from $175.55

5.0 out of 5 stars When you need high quality headphone amplifier via USB, December 23, 2014
I am very happy with my iFi Nano iDSD USB DAC Headphone Amp. It's an audiophile-grade unit, which for me improved both the quality and the bass in comparison to the built-in Lenovo W520 laptop I had been using. I think there is a smaller version that would be even more portable. I'm using this with $50 Beyerdynamic DT 235 headphones and I'm pleased that I don't feel the need to upgrade those to hear the difference. Note that Windows 7 requires that you install a driver before this will work. Beware that Amazon has jacked the price up if it is more than $189, which seems to happen if their inventory gets low. The unit I got for $249 from Amazon didn’t work, so I RMA’d it. Amazon RMA reimbursed me for shipping. The ifi-audio dot com technical support is excellent! The replacement I got from MusicDirect for $189 worked fine, which included the red “Quad DSD256 11.2/12.4 MHz” on the box that the Amazon unit didn’t. It bears repeating that the ifi-audio dot com technical support is excellent.

Bobj Rugged Case for 1st generation Nexus 7 WiFi or 3G/4G Tablet (Not for Nexus 7 2nd Generation 2013 FHD) - BobjGear protective cover - Bold Black
Offered by BobjGear
Price: $21.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The fit and finish are great, and I'm confident this offers a lot of ..., September 24, 2014
If you have children, or otherwise need the protection, I would definitely consider this case. This is a high quality rubber material that doesn't smell. The fit and finish are great, and I'm confident this offers a lot of protection against drops. The only downside are that it adds bulk. This increases the size in all dimensions and the weight. I could put the bare Nexus in my back pocket before and no way now. I don't take any stars for these negatives because this 100% delivers on being a "rugged" case. I value the ruggedness, and so I continue to use this for that reason.

Reach Total Care Plus Whitening Mint Floss, 30 Yard (Pack of 6)
Reach Total Care Plus Whitening Mint Floss, 30 Yard (Pack of 6)
Offered by Bargains by Angie
Price: $23.89
51 used & new from $19.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Great floss, but poor dispenser design mars the total ..., September 24, 2014
Great floss, but poor dispenser design mars the total product. Get this floss in the 90 length packaging if it is available. The spool was binding in the case, making it very hard to pull the floss. The floss was cutting down into the spool, instead of reeling out. It worked better when I held the case by the thin sides, instead of pressing it in the middle of the flat sides. I only bought the 30 length because the 90 was not available at the time. I would avoid this 30 length packaging.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8