Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 67

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (BTR, LA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Zeimax® Samsung Galaxy Note 3 / Galaxy S5 Cable USB 3.0 Data Sync & Charging Cable for Samsung Galaxy S5 Note 3 N9000 N9002 N9005 Note III (White)
Offered by Improve Tech
Price: $3.30

1.0 out of 5 stars This is JUNK!, January 9, 2014
What is it about Amazon that they can't oversee the claims attached to what they sell at least a LITTLE bit.

I have bought SEVERAL cables from Amazon.

The ones that really get my ire up all claimed something to the effect that they are Original, OEM, or something like that "Samsung products." They even show pictures of the product with the Samsung NAME on it, as does THIS one.

And, having said all that, to the product, itself:

NOT A SAMSUNG PRODUCT. NO SAMSUNG NAME OR LOGO ON IT.

Don't make data connections, AT ALL.

It is UNUSUALLY delicate, it breaks easily. You have to be unreasonably careful not to bend the cable or it will break. That is fatal. Mine broke within a week.

I really resent the misrepresentations and shoddy products.

Samsung OEM Universal 2.0 Amp Micro Home Travel Charger for Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/Note 2 - Non-Retail Packaging - White
Offered by PINKTECH
Price: $7.56
27 used & new from $4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars At LEAST this one is a "Genuine SAMSUNG" Product., January 9, 2014

I have bought SEVERAL chargers, and several cables from Amazon.

ALL of them have claimed something to the effect that they are Original, OEM, or something like that "Samsung products." They even show pictures of the product with the Samsung NAME on it. However, not everything is as it appears. What you usually GET doesn't have ANY name on it, and is made in China by some knock-off company, not in Korea by Samsung.

As I said, this is the ONLY one that I have received that was actually marketed BY and made BY Samsung.

And, having said all that, to the product, itself:

This one appears to be safe and charges at the rate of the original that came with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and my later Note 3.

Others don't charge as fast, and frequently don't make data connections, AT ALL.

This one works as it should.

HOWEVER, it is delicate. The cable, is what I am talking about.

The cable seems to last longer than other, NON-Samsung cables, but it, too, breaks easily. You have to be unreasonably careful not to bend the cable or it will break. I am not talking about coiling the whole thing into about a 5 or 6 inch coil. That is OK. Just avoid making any sharp bends. That is fatal.

Like I said, it lasts longer than the others, and I have stopped buying the combination of charger and cable, as I have several perfectly good chargers. I do have to keep buying separate cables, though, and I really resent it.

Kindle Free Book of the Day
Kindle Free Book of the Day

2.0 out of 5 stars Your mileage may vary., January 9, 2014
This review is from: Kindle Free Book of the Day (App)
I used this app for about 2 weeks, often checking 2 or more times per day.

It never offered me ANY FREE books, and almost none that were NOT free.

I don't think much of this app.

On the other hand, not everyone likes the books I like.

Your mileage may vary.

UltraFire CREE XML T6 LED Flashlight 5 Mode Zoomable Torch (Flashlight ONLY)
UltraFire CREE XML T6 LED Flashlight 5 Mode Zoomable Torch (Flashlight ONLY)
Offered by LAMPVPATH
Price: $10.99
19 used & new from $9.69

3.0 out of 5 stars You'd think that Amazon would at least occasionally look at the claims about the stuff they sell., January 9, 2014
This flashlight is really nice. I have not used it a lot (few power failures around here), so I don't know if the fancy switch will hold up, but it is otherwise well designed.

My COMPLAINT is: It can't possibly be 1600 Lumens. CRee doesn't MAKE one, yet. Their product specs state that this emitter, the LML XM-L T6, can, if properly powered and regulated, output about 800 lumens, max. This one is advertized on Amazon at 1600 lumens. The same emmiter is advertised by Amazon as putting out 2000 lumens, so I guess this one is the lesser of 2 . . . .

Still, if what you want is a nice, bright (800 lumen) light, this one is a good price. I hope it lasts.

[Black/Brown] Mercury Goospery Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Leather Wallet Case [Fancy Diary] Premium Leather Diary Case w/ Card Slots - Ultra Slim Fit PU Saffiano Case - Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, International, and Unlocked - Samsung Galaxy Note III GN3 GNote 3 2013 Model

3.0 out of 5 stars Best looking of the 4 cases I've tried, BUT, . . ., January 9, 2014
I like this case. It looks nice, it is thin. It doesn't stick out too far around the edges and get caught on my coat or shirt pocket. In general, I really like it. It has a magnetic clasp, which I find I like best, and I have never had a problem with a magnetic clasp and either my older Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or my current Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and their note taking capability.

But, the material is very stiff. Almost crispy, in a way. It makes me wonder if it will actually offer any protection if it and its phone were to hit the concrete.

The trade off is for a much thicker, softer, more rubbery or spongy material found on the other 3 cases I have tried. They are thicker and all stick out a bit around the edges more, and snag more, and I get the feeling that they may offer better protection.

But, why do I like this one better. Just taste, I guess. It really does look nice. I like the stiff, crisp feel and interesting texture.

By the way, I have tried all 4 of my cases (all of this basic folio design) with wireless chargers. ALL 4 of the folio CASES are too thick to work properly with the wireless charging stations I have tried.

This one measures 3.3mm thick, by my digital caliper, the thinnest of the bunch, and it, too, is too thick. Without the cases the chargers work fine. With any of the 4 cases, unsatisfactory charging. The phone can't get close enough to the charger to work properly.

Another wireless charging problem:

If you buy the "genuine Samsung Wireless Charging Back" for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, it will definitely NOT fit, at all, INTO THIS CASE or any of the other folio CASES I have tried. TOO thick to fit. The holder isn't tall enough to grasp the phone.

If you want to try a wireless solution it will only fit into these cases if you add your own wireless coil into the ORIGINAL Note 3 back. Luckily, this is NOT hard, and it can be cheaper and better looking than the genuine (bulky) Samsung wireless back.

SO, if you expect to want to use wireless charging, I don't recommend this or similar cases.

Otherwise, I, personally, like it.

Python Aquarium Replacement Pump
Python Aquarium Replacement Pump
Price: $8.42
16 used & new from $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, BUT, . . . ., January 9, 2014

HOWEVER, it is made of soft, easily breakable plastic. I am on my 4th one in a year, now. Others broke in earlier years, but I don't know how many.

They don't cost much, but that isn't the point. It is really ANNOYING to have to keep replacing this ONE part from their system.

It seems to always break at exactly the same point, just below the knurled ring that you turn to attach it to the faucet, just above the place where it branches off to the side for the siphon hose. ALWAYS there.

REALLY annoying, as I have to keep a spare around all the time just in case the one in current use breaks, AGAIN!

With as much work as this device saves me, you'd think I would like it better. It is a REAL time and labor saver. However, . . . .

TYLT Vu Wireless Charger for all Qi Phones - Retail Packaging - Black
TYLT Vu Wireless Charger for all Qi Phones - Retail Packaging - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars It works, BUT . . ., January 9, 2014
First off, let me say this:

I can put my bare Samsung Galaxy Note 3, with either an after market charging coil in the original back, or the genuine Samsung charging back on the VU wireless charger and it will work flawlessly.

HOWEVER, if I put ANY type of folio case on the phone, with EITHER back, I have problems.

It seems that every folio case I try, and I have tried 4 from 4 different manufacturers, is too thick and keeps the phone's charging circuits just a tiny bit too far away from the VU's charging coils. One of the cases is so thin that I am not even sure that it offers any protection, but it, too, is too thick. About 3.32mm, as measured by my digital caliper.

The symptoms are really obvious:

Put the phone, with any of my four cases on the VU. The phone screen turns on, full brightness, it vibrates and puts up a notice that indicates a wireless connection and the VU indicator light changes from red to green (good), then, the screen dims partially.

Then, a few seconds later, all that repeats. And, a few seconds later, all that repeats. And, a few seconds later, . . . . Just try that at night. All the incessant flashing and blinking and buzzing is enough to make you want to throw the whole mess out the door.

Another, more important problem may be what it is doing to the battery, but I am not sure. I have an app that gives me a lot of information about the battery, including charge level, voltage, and temperature of the unit.

I used the app without the VU for a good while before buying the VU. The highest temperature that the battery EVER reached was just over 100F. BUT, with the VU, it frequently reaches 120 degrees, or higher. Now, I don't know at what temperature battery damage starts to occur, but such a jump, about 20 percent, is a bit alarming, at the least.

I have TWO VUs. Same problems with both of them. I am most disappointed. I do NOT want to remove my phone from the case EVERY time I charge it. It is easier to just connect the wired charger.

If TYLT corporation wants to take their VUs back and reimburse me I would be glad to oblige them.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2014 9:25 PM PDT

Note 3 Case, Abacus24-7 Galaxy Note 3 Wallet Case [Book Fold] Leather Note 3 Cover [Flip Cover] with Foldable Stand, Pockets for ID, Credit Cards and Clear Screen Protector - Black Flip Case for Samsung Note 3
Offered by Abacus24-7
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I wanted, October 10, 2013
From the picture I thought I was getting a folio with magnetic fasteners. Turns out it was an old fashioned mechanical snap, and a pain to use. I didn't WANT a snap. I deliberately searched for a magnetic snap. Oh, well. For the price of 1 cent plus shipping I guess I shouldn't complain. And, no point shipping it back for a refund, either.

Oh, and the radio frequency blocking sleeve doesn't seem to work very well, either.

Sad, really.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2013 2:53 PM PDT

Planet of the Damned
Planet of the Damned

5.0 out of 5 stars A very strange premis, but a good story., April 9, 2013
I found several different things about this book fascinating. Personal interactions, the villains, and the games, LONG before the ones currently on the best seller lists.

Highly recommended.

Kindle for Android
Kindle for Android

4.0 out of 5 stars Really went crazy with it, at first., April 9, 2013
This review is from: Kindle for Android (App)
When I first got my Galaxy Note 2 and downloaded this app I just went crazy, reading and reading, dozens of books, quickly. However, of late, I have drifted back to the library.

I just like the feel of a real book.

Otherwise, highly recommended.