Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Irene A. Cohen, M.D. > Reviews

Browse

Irene A. Cohen, ...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Irene A. Cohen, M.D. RSS Feed

Case Logic VNA-216 16-Inch Laptop Attache (Black)
Case Logic VNA-216 16-Inch Laptop Attache (Black)
Price: $18.99
11 used & new from $15.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Suits my needs well, November 15, 2013
I love this bag. I use it daily for my iPad, keyboard and a notebook. The pocket is big enough for carrying other incidentals - like a tiny umbrella and contact lens solution. This is quite sturdy and well-made. For me, it's a win.

Host Defense MyCommunity Capsules, 120 count
Host Defense MyCommunity Capsules, 120 count
Offered by VitaKing
Price: $52.25
32 used & new from $52.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price for this product, November 15, 2013
I use this year-round in my supplement regimen. I trust this product for immunity needs. This is an excellent price and have bought it from Amazon several times.

Natural Factors Coenzyme Q10 100mg Softgels, 120-Count
Natural Factors Coenzyme Q10 100mg Softgels, 120-Count
Offered by VitaminLife
Price: $27.97
10 used & new from $25.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Best price, November 15, 2013
Best price for this product. This is part of my daily supplement regimen. I have ordered it several times from Amazon and will continue to do so.

Manuka Health MGO 400+ Manuka Honey (20+), 250gm - 100% Pure New Zealand Honey
Manuka Health MGO 400+ Manuka Honey (20+), 250gm - 100% Pure New Zealand Honey
Offered by H2O Health Solutions
Price: $39.95
43 used & new from $38.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price for this strength of honey, November 15, 2013
Manuka honey has many health uses in our household and it's hard to find this higher strength in stores. This is a well-priced item for this honey.

My favorite use is if I feel a scratchy throat or cold coming on: 1 t Manuka honey, 1 t apple cider vinegar, 1/2 t cinnamon, a little water to mix and drink. Works every time for me.

Fintie Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 Folio Case Cover - Auto Sleep/Wake (will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 7" 2013), Violet
Offered by Fintie
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright color!, November 15, 2013
This case is well-made and the bright color is a plus. Will fit the new Kindle Fire HDX 7 inch very well.

Apple USB Cable 3ft- Apple 30 Pin Compatible Cable Designed to Sync and Charge iPhone 3 3G 3GS 4 4S - iPad 1 2 3 - iPod Touch Nano Shuffle - Premium Quality with Connectors Manufactured by Apple, Inc. - The ONLY Cable with a 10 Year Guarantee

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement cable, June 30, 2013
This cable is sturdier and more long-lasting than the cable that came with my iProduct. The original frayed and I was using electrical tape to hold it together. Not this sturdy little fella. Highly recommend.

The Sharper Image 5-in-1 Chopper and Slicer
The Sharper Image 5-in-1 Chopper and Slicer

1.0 out of 5 stars Blades fall out of the grid, June 28, 2013
I used this item twice and one of the blades fell out of the grid chopper (for square vegetable pieces). I couldn't figure out how to put it back in. Then the next time another blade fell out of another one of the slicers. I wouldn't recommend this product. I was just chopping onions.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2013 2:03 PM PDT

Artisan Vegan Cheese
Artisan Vegan Cheese
Price: $8.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas, a few flaws, October 28, 2012
I love the idea of this book and as a longtime adventurous cook I feel I am up to the challenge of making artisanal vegan cheese. Having made 6 recipes from this book however I have gotten mixed results. Rejuvelac and almond milk were easy. The yogurt was not, but worked better when I wrapped a heating pad around the jar. It was still somewhat runny however.

My experiments with basic cashew chevre and sharp cheddar were successful. They had a tangy, fermented flavor very reminiscent of dairy cheeses.

However 2 attempts at air dried sharp cheddar left me with bubbling over, yeasty messes all over my counters. I didn't expect that. I was looking forward to making sliceable air dried cheese but I have't gotten there yet. Raw organic cashews are quite expensive, so to waste 4 cups of them is a disappointment.

I haven't tried the meltable cheeses yet so I cannot comment on them.

I am looking forward to working my way through other recipes in this book. It is written in a clear style. However, as the owner of hundreds of cookbooks which taught me the art of complicated baking, vegetarian and multiple non-vegetarian ethnic cuisines, when a recipe doesn't turn out the way it is written, as in the air-dried cheese, I am a bit suspect of something being missing either in the recipe or in the chemistry.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 5:06 AM PST

A Mindful Nation: How a Simple Practice Can Help Us Reduce Stress, Improve Performance, and Recapture the American Spirit
by Tim Ryan
Price: $16.68
95 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing look at how we, the people, might be able to get ourselves back on our feet, July 16, 2012
Disclaimer: I am part of the Hay House Book Nook blogger community and as such am sent books free of charge and am asked if I would like to review them. I choose the books I want to read.

"A Mindful Nation" by Congressman Tim Ryan is a thoughtful book about how the practice of mindfulness may be able to help individuals and the nation as a whole. I was interested in reading this book because it encompasses two subjects I am keenly interested in: meditation and politics. Congressman Ryan seems to be an anomaly in today's political world, where party is pitted against party, ideology against ideology. Rep. Ryan (D-Ohio) was introduced to mindful practices and yoga in college which helped him in sports performance. He has been a Congressman since 2002 and is in his 5th term. And he is only 39. When he is a bit older, I hope he runs for President.

"A Mindful Nation" shows the reader how mindfulness practices have helped schoolchildren in educational settings, the military and first responders, in health care systems and describes the science that has been found to underlie mindfulness practices. Rep. Ryan is ever hopeful that the resiliency of our population can be called upon to help itself and help our country as it once did in the past. This is an optimistic book which, at the bottom of it, asks people to become more aware, more mindful of how they are feeling and experiencing their internal life and life around them. In doing so, Ryan feels people will act from a place of compassion, kindness and community. He does not offer all the solutions, but he leads a way for others to think about how to be truly helpful.

It is refreshing and comforting to know that there is someone in Congress who is thinking along these lines and who has written about mindfulness in such a cogent fashion.

Irene A. Cohen, MD