Profile for bookworm > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bookworm "bookworm" RSS Feed (Dearborn, MI)

Page: 1 | 2
Sperry Top-Sider Women's A/O 2-Eye Boat Shoe,Ice,8.5 S US
Sperry Top-Sider Women's A/O 2-Eye Boat Shoe,Ice,8.5 S US
Offered by Shoebuy
Price: $84.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my boat shoes!, June 3, 2014
I love my new Ice colored shoes. I've been purchasing the same color for about 10 years. I buy a pair every year. I like to wear them with shorts or blue jeans. The shoes are very comfortable and have enough support. They are classic and probably never go out of style. Buy them - you won't be sorry.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Black)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Black)
Price: $69.00
10 used & new from $59.99

2.0 out of 5 stars What Happened?, June 3, 2014
I have had my Kindle for about one year. I liked the of loading books that I could start reading at the touch of a button. I've never had problems with it until today. It won't take a charge even though I am getting a yellow light which of course means it is still charging. Keep in mind it had been charging for over 4 hours. I tried another charger - no luck. I certainly expected it to last more than a year! I have a cover which was purchased on Amazon. It was not cheap but I wanted something to proect it. I have not dropped it or any reason that it would not work. I am so disappointed. I own many other "toys" that last well over 1 year. I won't purchased another one. Trips to the library will have to do - no more instant satisfaction. I will be patient until my library opens tomorrow.

Chance for Love: A Gansett Island Novella (The McCarthys of Gansett Island)
Chance for Love: A Gansett Island Novella (The McCarthys of Gansett Island)
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not this one for me, April 4, 2014
I love the McCarthys of Gansett Island series of books. This book cannot compare to 1-10. Why? While I liked Jared and his bride it left me hanging and wanting more pages of their romance. While I should have know better I did purchase it. Now I feel like I was ripped off at the price. I am unsure why the prices of the Gansett Island books keeps increasing in price. Perhaps to justify the $2.99? I would not recommend this novella. In my opinion this could have waited until Book 11 featuring this couple should have waited.

I gave it a 2 star only because the main characters were not developed enough. Perhaps this was because an entire book could not be written? I for one would rather wait for a entire book then to be written. I do know it was my fault for not reading some reviews.

Time for Love  (The McCarthys of Gansett Island) (Volume 9)
Time for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island) (Volume 9)
by Marie Force
Price: $13.88
23 used & new from $9.88

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, August 15, 2013
I have enjoyed every Gansett Island book until this one. It took me days to get through this book while the others took a few days. I didn't like how the story line was developed between Daisy and David. In fact I would say the relationship went from abusive husband(?) or boyfriend (really how can a woman go out with a man named Truck) to the Doctor who moped for the last 2 years. They were both insecure and while saving Janey's life David was concerned about not saying anything to Daisy. Daisy was not happy about that. I got tired of Daisy's sudden turn around with sex with David - scared one day and then gung ho the next day. While I am at it I am so tired of hearing about Tiffany and Blaine and their love life. At least in this book there was little mention about her store. I don't know what happened to Ms. Force with this book. In fact I will say it is my least favorite. I might end my Gansett Island adventures and reread Book 8 as the end to the series

Maid for Love (McCarthys of Gansett Island Series Book 1)
Maid for Love (McCarthys of Gansett Island Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm addicted!, July 25, 2013
Let's face it. Most of us know that this could not happen - handsome man who is the cause of a bike accident. He moves in with the victim of the bike accident. Of course she is breathtaking beautiful He takes over all of her outside work duties at his parent's hotel as a Maid as well as taking over her responsibilities as a Mother. They fall in love and have the most magnificent sex. Of course they eventually marry.

That is pretty much it the storyline. However, the author has a way to draw you into the story. Would this happen to you - no. It is a romantic Cinderella book which is very well written.

My only criticism of the book(s) is the many pages of sex. I just turned the pages because after a while it did get old. Every woman is beautiful and of course petite next to the 6 feet Plus, muscular man. Otherwise excellent book of romance and fairy tale endings. Hard to believe that I wrote the above but I am truly addicted to the McCarthys. I am now on Book 4 even though I said to myself no more! I don't know how Ms. Force does it but she has a way to want to get you to learn more about the McCarthys of Gansett Island.

The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport Book 1)
The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great chick book!, July 5, 2013
I was actually sad when I read the last chapter. It was that good. The characters in the book drew me into reading a book faster than normal. It was very well written and I plan to read the next book by the author. I hope that she plans to write a sequel to this book. The reader will be drawn in immediately. Although the plot is far fetched the author has a way to write in a matter that is indeed believable. I loved this book!

Jumpstart to Skinny: The Simple 3-Week Plan for Supercharged Weight Loss
Jumpstart to Skinny: The Simple 3-Week Plan for Supercharged Weight Loss
by Bob Harper
Price: $14.08
126 used & new from $6.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't do it, June 29, 2013
I waited with anticipation until this book finally arrived. I didn't need to lose 20 pounds nor did I think it could happen for me. I am a size 8. I wanted to lose about 5 or more pounds for my son't wedding. I started out with gusto after purchasing food for one week. I found that after 3 days of eating the 800 caloried I was faint and truly did not feel well. I decided to increase my calories one or two hundred calories which made a slight difference. Then there were about 10-12 days when I would eat around 1200 - 1300 calories. Truthfully I just could not sustain myself on 800 calories for the entire 3 weeks. I was happy that I did lose 4 pounds.
Why dd I make this a 2 star review? The book obviously is not for everyone. I believe it is just for a small target group of people. I applaud the people who followed the 800 calories and lost 20 pounds. I will also applaud Mr. Harper for writing this book for people who are desperate (or not) to lose for a big event. I know for me it is just not possible with the side effects I experienced.

The Biggest Loser Challenge - Nintendo Wii
The Biggest Loser Challenge - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Another Castle Video Games
Price: $19.99
51 used & new from $7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, January 22, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I waited to write a review on BL Challenge and when I saw it had 4 stars I knew I needed to write one. The concept is very good as far as the program you want to start and the level. The fitness level is determined by a 20 minute or so fitness test you do initially.

The problem I had as many reviewers wrote is that it does not record the avatar movements accurately. Even though I was following along with Bob's movements the avatar was slow and could not keep up.

I even called the manufacturer and was told that when it was tested there wasn't a problem. They were gracious enough to send me a new one however the same problem occurred (see above).

The first BL challenge is great as far as picking up the movements. This one has more variety and I just try and ignore my avatar on the screen and exercise with Bob. I am not interested in the points rather I decided it is better to get the exercise.

Pure Protein Natural Whey Protein,  Vanilla Cream Shake, 14 Ounce
Pure Protein Natural Whey Protein, Vanilla Cream Shake, 14 Ounce
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 22, 2011
I purchased the vanilla and I really like it for several reasons. First of all I know there are only great, natural ingredients and secondly there are so many possibilities to make the taste even better. I mix mine with 1/2 c. strawberries, 6 -8 oz of milk or almond milk. I use a blender and I love the taste. I will defiantly try some of the ideas that other reviewers even the spinach! Thanks Jillian, you did it once again!

Special Pack of 5 BIOTENE CHEWING GUM 007 16 Tablets
Special Pack of 5 BIOTENE CHEWING GUM 007 16 Tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars Try regular gum!, December 15, 2010
I purchased this gum because I always have a dry mouth due to medication I take. I was excited to try this gum out. My excitment was soon gone after trying out the first time I chewed it. While it does work so do other gums. I paid $3.00 a pack when I could have paid much less with store bought $1.00 (if even less) of regular good old fashion chewing gum. Don't waste your money!

Page: 1 | 2