Profile for S. Garth > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Garth RSS Feed

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but kids prefer Just Dance 2, December 26, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Yesterday, I was so excited to hook up the XBox 360 Kinect for the kids. With all the hype surrounding Dance Central, we were excited to play the game. The kids only enjoyed a couple of the songs and then said they wanted to play Just Dance 2. Here's a few of the problems: Only 2 people can play and they're used to the four player mode in Just Dance. They didn't really care for the song selection either. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Just Dance 2 - Nintendo Wii
Just Dance 2 - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Hitgaming Video Games
Price: $17.37
249 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Dance Workout Ever!!, October 12, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I pretty much have all of the Wii dance games. I love Just Dance and initially loved EA Dance Workout but it got kind of boring. Anyway, Just Dance 2 is a great follow-up to the original Just Dance. The dances are much harder and really make you sweat. I love that you can download more songs. My only complaint is I wish it contained more current hip-hop/rap/pop songs. My little nephew wanted to dance to only a couple of the songs because he wasn't familiar with the rest. Perhaps this will be solved as they make more songs available for download. After dancing to 2 songs we were both exhausted anyway.

Gold's Gym Dance Workout - Nintendo Wii
Gold's Gym Dance Workout - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $29.00
39 used & new from $9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to Just Dance!!, August 17, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this game because I'm a big fan of both Just Dance and Gold's Gym Cardio Workout!! Boy am I pleased!! I wear a BodyBugg so my calorie burn is pretty accurate. Interestingly, my calorie burn from this game surpassed my average calorie burn from Just Dance. According to my Bodybugg, I was burning anywhere from 9 to 10 calories per minute- and that's on the beginning level!! With Just Dance, I usually burn between 7 to 9 calories per minute. It's a lot of fun, though somewhat different from Just Dance in that you use two remotes and the sensors seem to be much more accurate. All of the songs have a Latin flair to them and all of the dance routines are Latin (i.e. salsa, meringue, etc...). The tutorials are wonderful- unless you're familiar with Zumba or Latin dance, you'll definitely need them!! Btw, don't let the song list fool you. I'm unfamiliar with approximately 50% of them but they're still a lot of fun. Here's a fun note- my little cousin who can usually beat me at Just Dance by merely moving her arms was unable to do so in Gold's Cardio Dance. For once, I've finally found a dancing game where hard work pays off, lol. My only gripe is with the coach. She speaks over the music (right, left, back, front, etc..) which is something I enjoyed not having when playing Just Dance.
I also played around with a few of the other activities including the cardio boxing which I love and the jump roping which I'm not a big fan of because of coordination issues (I'm assuming). Anyway, it was a great investment and I can't wait to work out with it tomorrow!! Btw, according to my Bodybugg, this game and Just Dance have given me a higher calorie burn than any other Wii exercise game, and I own them all (Gold's Gym Cardio, EA Active, EA Active More Workouts, Wii Fit Plus, etc..) Buy it, you won't be disappointed!!

The song list is as follows:
Beginners:
Just Dance by Lady Gaga
Stronger by Britney Spears
Smooth by Carlos Santana
Gonna Make You Sweat(Everybody Dance Now) by CC Music Factory
Waiting for Tonight by Jennifer Lopez
Teknocha (I think it's a mixed song)
Intermediate:
Heart of Glass by Blondie
I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred
Cosmic Girl by Jamiroquai
Empujalo by Emiliano Almeida
Oye Como Va by Kinky
Merengue Fugitivo (Zemi-tone)
Advanced:
Samba Zamba (Zemi-tone with Joao Pires)
El Salsero (Zemi-tone with Patricio Castillo)
Sacudete (Zemi-tone with Gio)
Salome by Chayanne
Rejeton (Zemi-tone with MC Pa Tras
Cardio Boxing:
I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
Good Vibrations by Marky Mark
Forever by Chris Brown
For The Love of Girls by Wolfgang Gartner
Beatz Be Rockin (extreme music?)
Material Girl by Madonna
Heavy Sweatin (extreme music?)
Jai Ho
Everything You Got (Zemi-tone)
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2011 12:02 PM PST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed, June 8, 2010
I switched from Iodoral to this product because of the rave reviews- BIG MISTAKE. When taking Iodoral, I could actually feel it kick in. My energy levels increased and I felt like a brand new person. However, with this product, I felt absolutely nothing. I've placed a new order for my Iodoral and this crap is going in the trash.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2010 11:32 AM PDT