Profile for Zellie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 332

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zellie RSS Feed (NorCal & Orlando)
(VINE VOICE)

Price: $11.24
31 used & new from $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Helped me realize a thing or two., March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not usually into self help relationship books that are based on religion but this one seemed like a good fit for my situation. I picked this up weeks before my husband plopped down divorce papers on the counter so... yeah. There's that.

There is a lot of helpful advice here to take religious or not. The religion base didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The thing that stuck with me the most was the fact of "I choose you." and being married or even being with someone for over a decade, sometimes you forget why you're there. Sometimes life sweeps you up and drops you both on your butt and all you can think about is all the stressful parts of life. You lose sight of the fact that this person is here because they decided to dedicate their life to helping you. To being there for you. Yet it's so easy to push them away. To say we're fine when we're not. Then get angry that "no one was there for us."

I still choose my husband today and he still chooses me. Beyond that, we'll have to figure it out. But I am thankful I decided to pick up this book.

Artaste 46861 3-in-1 Citrus Juicer, Enameled Grey
Artaste 46861 3-in-1 Citrus Juicer, Enameled Grey
Price: $100.91
6 used & new from $85.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!!, March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Maybe it's just me, but things like this get me super excited. I picked this on a whim thinking it was just a juicer. I saw the oranges in the picture and didn't really pay attention to the rest of the image. But it's so much more than "just a juicer".

This is a 3-In-1 versatile machine: juicer, apple or pear corer and divider, potato cutter! Yes! That says potato cutter! You can make your own fries or zucchini fries or whatever. I mean I know you could easily just slice them but if you're like me and you have a slight fear of slicing whole potatoes after they're skinned because you think the knife will slip at some point and you will end up in a very very bad situation.... well, this will ease that anxiety. It also cores and slices apples and pears but I haven't tried either of that. Though I am curious to see if it would juice an apple... hmm.

I love this thing, it's so handy and it makes doing things I WANT to do but am too LAZY to do easier. Now I have no excuse!

Bet Your Life (Jess Tennant Mysteries)
Bet Your Life (Jess Tennant Mysteries)
by Jane Casey
Price: $14.74
68 used & new from $5.64

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: This book is a SEQUEL, March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What... I don't even.... Okay. So this book is a sequel and that's kind of annoying when you're browsing through Vine and it doesn't tell you. I mean you can piece things together but still the more it referenced something that happened "last summer" the more frustrated I got. I don't know, maybe it's a personal thing.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't finish this. Serial killers and teens and just.. no. I'm already paranoid as it is. Maybe I'll pick it up for my Halloween challenge this year but let's try to keep things light until then.

The Last Time We Say Goodbye
The Last Time We Say Goodbye
by Cynthia Hand
Price: $14.79
66 used & new from $9.70

4.0 out of 5 stars How would you react?, March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Your brother just committed suicide. You obsess over your last spoken words together. It's enough to drive you crazy, isn't it? To make you pull away from your friends and family who only want to help. Who are grieving with you. But for Lex, she absolutely can't shake the fact that maybe, just maybe she could had done something to prevent this nightmare from happening. And when it comes to those we care around us, especially in cases like suicide, it's enough to destroy you.

The Last Time We Say Goodbye is a heartbreaking and (not going to lie) anxiety inducing read. You're right there with Lex. You're watching her. You heart is hurting for her and all you want to do is help her. The thing that I appreciate about heavy topics like this in YA is that it brings awareness to teens. How suicide impacts those around them, how to ask for help, when they should ask for help. And it makes us reflect on our own lives and the people in them.

A great read for a teen or an adult.

Echo
Echo
by Pam Munoz Ryan
Price: $15.55
70 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of history, a little bit of music and a little bit of fairy tales and you've got Echo., February 27, 2015
This review is from: Echo (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Let me start off by saying Echo is a monster of a book. Seriously. 502 pages guys. But I lived, I conquered!

The plot of Echo focuses on the ability that music can change your life. In the midst of World War II are two characters Ryan who shares the story of Friedrich and then in the second part there are orphan twins Mike and Franky who both love playing music.

For a children's book, it's a little bit heavy since it's more world history and less fantasy but I believe it's a good read for any child who is struggling with finding US History boring. This will definitely change their mind! Sort of with the author had just made it into a duology to be honest. The size of this thing is truly intimidating. Like I could throw it at someone and cause some real serious damage!

I Remember You
I Remember You
by Cathleen Davitt Bell
Price: $14.21
73 used & new from $2.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Nope Nope Nope, February 23, 2015
This review is from: I Remember You (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I found the premis of this intriguing but at 34 pages I seriously could not go on.

It starts a little awkwardly. Then the main character is pretty much ambushed into joining some guy she barely knows to the school rooftop with him continuously asking if "she remembers". She talks more about her best friend Rose than anything else.

And I spotted a few typos. Can't help it, I can't keep reading a book with typos and mixed up sentences!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2015 3:11 PM PDT

Embassy Row #1: All Fall Down
Embassy Row #1: All Fall Down
by Ally Carter
Price: $13.98
87 used & new from $8.66

3.0 out of 5 stars DNF, wasn't awful but didn't grab me like I had hoped., February 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not sure what I was expecting with this one but... it took me awhile to get into it. So much in fact that I ended up just giving up on it. I have a 100 page rule. If I'm not sucked in by 100 pages then I move on. I don't know if it was just the characters that I couldn't relate to or the fact that I'm not really into YA government fiction books. I mean "Divergent" was pretty hard for me to get through for some reason. I don't even want to talk about "Falls The Shadow" cause I don't know what was even happening there.

Maybe I'll pick this up again just for the sake of finishing it. But as of right now I can't say I know for sure.

Moody Bitches: The Truth About the Drugs You're Taking, The Sleep You're Missing, The Sex You're Not Having, and What's Really Making You Crazy
by Julie Holland M.D.
Price: $21.13
82 used & new from $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I feel like this is the book I've been looking for my whole life., February 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay. I wasn't expecting that.

I'm always curious when it comes to neuroscience and how the body works especially because I myself suffer from a mental illness and well, I'm just an overall curious person.

Moody Bitches is a very interesting read that dives into not just why women get moody but also touches on other subjects such as motherhood, your sleeping habits and your love life. All things that can cause you to BE moody.

Also, there's a reference on drugs you're taking. It's like a 29 year old's bible if you will.

Paper Things
Paper Things
by Jennifer Jacobson
Price: $13.01
84 used & new from $3.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking and real, February 17, 2015
This review is from: Paper Things (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Paper Things follows the story of Ari and her brother Gage after their mother dies and aunt who is their legal guardian kick them out into the streets forcing Ari to choose between her aunt or her brother. Yeah no, I'll be with my brother. K thx.

This heartbreaking journey is something that is very real and that is happening all over the country right now. Yet no one seems to want to pay it any attention. How are these children ending up homeless? How can we help them?

Not a fluffy happy read, but one that will catch and keep your attention regardless.

ASUS 11-Inch X200 Touchscreen Laptop (OLD VERSION)
ASUS 11-Inch X200 Touchscreen Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Offered by National Sales LLC
Price: $325.00
29 used & new from $175.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., February 7, 2015
I needed a small laptop to bring with me to work as I was going to school online and working part time.

Here are the things I DID like: lightweight and easy to carry around. Doesn't look as fancy as my pearl pink mini Acer laptop back in CA but I love the matte finish on it. I found the touchscreen feature to be helpful since the keyboard sometimes got on my nerves at how small it is. I know it takes some getting use to but if I was logging briefly to check a few things I didn't even bother with the keyboard. Since it runs windows 8 there are several apps already pre-loaded. Not going to lie, I didn't look through any of them but it took me FOREVER to find the normal desktop and how to figure out how to shut the thing off.

Here are things I DIDNT like: Right from the go even with the battery fully charged it would die fairly quickly. It's come to the point where I think my battery is fried and so it only works when it's plugged into the charger now and I've only had it for a few months. Which really sucks. It runs a bit slow for my taste. I get that it's a smaller laptop so it's not going to be as fast as a normal laptop but let's say this were practically a tablet connected to a keyboard --- I would expect it to load up quicker than that. Also it tends to freeze a lot.

Overall it's decent. I'm not sure if I can say look somewhere else as this is my second mini laptop and I've had problems with both. I think next time I'll get a tablet and connect a keyboard to it since neither I nor M have ever had problems with our tablets and their battery life lasts a whole lot longer!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20