Profile for kone > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 260

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kone "kone" RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dances With Wolves (20th Anniversary Edition)
Dances With Wolves (20th Anniversary Edition)
DVD ~ Kevin Costner
Price: $4.99
27 used & new from $4.62

3.0 out of 5 stars A Visual Feast, April 19, 2014
Costner's Dances With Wolves is a visual and auditory feast. The vast views of the prairie, mostly shot early in the morning or in the evening bring out the beauty of the landscape. Combining John Barry's extraordinary musical score with the visual, and again, this is a 5-star movie. Unfortunately, the musical score and scenic vistas cannot carry the entire movie. Frankly, I thought the movie was too long; tighter editing would have made this an all-round 5-star movie. At over 3 hours long, this movie could have been cut significantly and made it a compelling and moving story. Unfortunately, I found myself wanting to fast-forward through the lengthy takes with little or no dialogue just to move the film along to its conclusion.

Excellent movie, just too long.

Optic Aid Spring Clip - 1.5X Magnifier
Optic Aid Spring Clip - 1.5X Magnifier
Offered by MAGNIFYING AIDS
Price: $34.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnification for Detailed Work, March 22, 2014
These magnify one's vision to enable more detailed work. They come in various strengths, suitable for just about any need. The clamp connects snugly to one's glasses, and the hold is remarkably good. The only thing to consider is one's depth of field. The stronger the magnification, the shorter the depth of field. In other words, the greater the magnification, the closer you need to be to the object you are looking at, and at larger magnifications, there is a much more restricted focusing plane. I use these in my work as a dentist, and they are an invaluable aid. kone.

Carhartt Men's Big & Tall Trade Long Sleeve Shirt,Army Green (Closeout),Large Tall

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Design and Durability of this Long-Sleeved Shirt, March 22, 2014
I bought this shirt to use both at work and play. It has stylish design features which allow me to wear it to work (I work in an office), and yet it also built of rugged construction so I can take it outside and not worry about it snagging, tearing or wearing out prematurely. I have purchased other shirts made of this rugged material and they have lasted decades. Looking forward to many years of use! kone

Listening Closely:Bilateral Hearing
Listening Closely:Bilateral Hearing
by Arlene Romoff
24 used & new from $0.88

3.0 out of 5 stars A Cochlear Implant Experience Remembered, March 22, 2014
While I enjoyed this book, I was actually looking for a more detailed presentation on the advantages and disadvantages of the different cochlear implant brands. Unfortunately, this book does not present this information. Frankly, all the information in the book can be found on hearing blogs and boards on the internet. kone

New Balance Men's ML574 Lifestyle Sneaker,Grey/Silver,11.5 EE
New Balance Men's ML574 Lifestyle Sneaker,Grey/Silver,11.5 EE
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $74.95

5.0 out of 5 stars New Balance Makes Durable Shoes, March 22, 2014
I have tried many shoes during my lifetime but I keep coming back to New Balance for comfort, functionality, and durability. These ML574's are another in a long line of quality athletic shoes. I like the comfort. There are no "hot spots" in the shoe, and they feel very comfortable when I walk or run. The shoe is made of durable materials. The leather side panels and toe guard give protection and support to the foot, and the toe strap prevents the big toe from coming through the top of the shoe (a faulty design seen in many running shoes). The tread is not excess, so the shoe has functional comfort. My last pair went for 7 years before having to be replaced, and I expect these will do the same. I will purchase another pair of these now because I like them so much! Kone

ScoutGuard 85-Feet Long Range SG565F-8M White Flash Night Color Trail Scouting Hunting Game Camera
Price: $144.73
4 used & new from $123.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Quality Photos in Color!, February 15, 2014
This takes very nice and clear pictures. It is very easy to set up. I purchased a memory card to make it operational. I am completely satisfied with the form and function of this trail-cam. It takes very sharp pictures that are in color. It uses a flash unit for night-time use rather than ultraviolet light. While some may prefer the ultraviolet light for darkness (perhaps less spooking of game animals), I appreciate the color pictures for both daytime and nighttime use. The pictures are easy to download and with the right memory card, it will hold hundreds of pictures.

It runs on batteries, so do not let this sit for a long period of time in storage with the batteries in the unit, as batteries are notorious for leaking and ruining electronics.

This makes a great method to take pictures of backyard animals.

Dry Land...Living Water DVD Kathryn Kuhlman Las Vegas Ministry
Dry Land...Living Water DVD Kathryn Kuhlman Las Vegas Ministry
DVD ~ Kathryn Kuhlman
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An Abbreviated Video of Kathryn Kuhlman's Healing Service., February 15, 2014
Katheryn Kuhlman was a healing evangelist of the 1950's through 1970's. This DVD is one of her last healing meetings, in Las Vegas (Sin City). I thought the DVD would depict the entire healing service, but it is an edited version instead. In this regard I was disappointed, yet the presentation is still representative of what a Kathryn Kuhlman meeting was like. The quality of the sound and video is not as good as I hoped for, but it is certainly adequate.

Optic Aid Spring Clip - 1.75X Magnifier
Optic Aid Spring Clip - 1.75X Magnifier
Offered by MAGNIFYING AIDS
Price: $34.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Visual Aid, February 15, 2014
I am a dentist and I use these in my dental practice. They are such a great help to see tiny detail. The visual field of focus is about 14 inches away from the object. I have a set of these for home use too, as they come in handy for all sorts of tasks that require acute clear vision of small objects. They clip on to one's existing glasses and can easily flip up and down. They are not make out of glass, but a polycarbonate material. I like that fact, for the plastic is lighter than the glass. These come in a variety of magnifications, so select the one that is most helpful for you. Remember, the higher the magnification, the closer you must be to the object.

OPTICAID Magnifier with Spring Clip-on
OPTICAID Magnifier with Spring Clip-on
Offered by SCS MALL
Price: $25.99
4 used & new from $23.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inexpensive Aid for Magnified Work, February 15, 2014
I use this handy clip on magnifier for close work in my dental practice. It allows a clear range of focus about 18 inches from the eyes. I could not practice without it!

Classic Western Collection (Hondo / Once Upon a Time in the West / True Grit) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ John Wayne
Offered by Web's Best Deals
Price: $43.40
12 used & new from $17.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Three Solid Westerns for the Western Movie fan, February 15, 2014
This package contains three solid westerns. Hondo was one on the first westerns to utilize 3D technology. Once Upon a Time in the West has been called one of the greatest westerns ever. The musical score is second to none. True Grit is the only movie for which John Wayne won an oscar for best actor. It too is a good old-fashioned western with great background music.

These three movies are all on Blu-Ray format, so the picture is wonderfully clear. I found the sound a bit fuzzy on Hondo, probably because it is the older of the three movies. Each movie has its own disk, each having multiple viewing options, commentaries, etc. This is really a complete set of westerns in terms of all the add-ons. I also like that each movie is close-captioned for the hard of hearing (and in multiple languages).

Any western film lover will appreciate this collection. As a big fan of western movies, this is a wonderful addition to my collection. It also makes a good gift (I got mine for Christmas!).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20